PDA

View Full Version : Say what you want about his music...but this guy ROCKS, for other reasons!!!

Nor_Cal_Angler
11-15-2011, 11:49 PM
Justin Timberlake just made himself in my book, one of the better "superstars" of my generation and his words and actions as pointed out by a 17 year Airforce MSgt. at the bottom of this link ring true and I hope the people younger than I and he read them and support them...

As an Air Force MSgt (of almost 17 years), thank you for your kind and moving words, which can influence multiple generations of your fans. Very well said.

Read in Justin Timberlake's own words on LIVING UP TO HIS PROMISE to attend the Marine Corp Ball...(his blog on his web page)

http://www.justintimberlake.com/news/my_night_at_the_marine_corps_ball

Good Going Timberlake!!!!!!

Jake

BonMallari
11-16-2011, 01:03 AM
guess he's still just "Trying to Bring Sexy Back" :rolleyes:

Jason Glavich
11-16-2011, 07:03 AM
He appeared genuine. Many said he was very quiet most of the night. My only issue is a personal one. Never and I mean never refer to Marines as Soldiers! And Huahs instead of OOHRAH! I know he doesnt know any better so I wont hold it against him.

But he seemed like he had a good time. Only a few accounts that said he was not friendly. I would think it is because he did not want the Spotlight to be on him and take away from the evening.

Nor_Cal_Angler
11-16-2011, 10:30 AM
guess he's still just "Trying to Bring Sexy Back" :rolleyes:

In todays world of "high profile" people constantly bashing our service members, you didn't find this refreshing??? I see the Danny Glovers, Sean Penn's, Alec Balwdwins, Etc Etc Etc...they are from a different generation and a different mind set (I hate it, but I get it), so I guess my question is your saying you read more into the publicity of the attendance and his words afterward rather than the message of his words and attendance???

He appeared genuine. Many said he was very quiet most of the night. My only issue is a personal one. Never and I mean never refer to Marines as Soldiers! And Huahs instead of OOHRAH! I know he doesnt know any better so I wont hold it against him.

But he seemed like he had a good time. Only a few accounts that said he was not friendly. I would think it is because he did not want the Spotlight to be on him and take away from the evening.

Jason, your right...a Marine is a Marine plan and simple...but I think he was refering to "soliders" as a universal label...not specific to the people he was with that night.

I am inclined to think along the same lines as you, with regad to the "spotlight". I think he just wanted to observe their day, and not make it about him which he seemed to comment on...

Again, it is refershing to see someone (who is a little bit younger than me) actually take a stand and call people of "our" generation and younger to STAND WITH our soliders rather than against.

Jake

BonMallari
11-16-2011, 10:39 AM
its very refreshing, Timberlake hosts the PGA tournament here in Vegas and spends lots of time at the kids hospitals in town...he does a better job than his other Disney pals Christina Aguilera and Britney..kudos to the man

the trying to bring sexy back reference was the name of his album...my little niece has a copy

road kill
11-16-2011, 10:50 AM
its very refreshing, Timberlake hosts the PGA tournament here in Vegas and spends lots of time at the kids hospitals in town...he does a better job than his other Disney pals Christina Aguilera and Britney..kudos to the man

the trying to bring sexy back reference was the name of his album...my little niece has a copy

UH_HUH!!!:cool:

RK

Nor_Cal_Angler
11-16-2011, 11:01 AM

Ohhhh, gotcha...See, that's why I titled this thread the way I did...I have no clue about his music, just not into the hip-hop/pop/rap/boy band thing or what ever it is he does..

I misunderstood, and took what you were saying as he is "trying to improve his sexy image" by going to and saying what he did.

Gotcha

Jake

BonMallari
11-16-2011, 11:14 AM
UH_HUH!!!:cool:

RK

Funny guy, I actually accused her mother, my actual niece of getting it and trying to pass it off on Ruby....