PDA

View Full Version : Latest Iowa Poll

Franco
11-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Current four way tie as Iowa voters are coming to thier senses;-)

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57324938-503544/new-poll-shows-4-way-tie-in-iowa-as-ron-paul-moves-to-top-tier/

huntinman
11-16-2011, 12:06 PM
Instead of a chicken in every pot... it's now pot in every RP voter's pocket.:rolleyes: 1 vote and a cloud of smoke...

Franco
11-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Instead of a chicken in every pot... it's now pot in every RP voter's pocket.:rolleyes: 1 vote and a cloud of smoke...

Typical response from the extreme right and why people like you are marginalized in today's society.

You can go back to your booze now.

huntinman
11-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Typical response from the extreme right and why people like you are marginalized in today's society.

Unlike you, I don't drink kool-aid or booze...;-)

caryalsobrook
11-17-2011, 05:42 AM

I have trouble undeerstanding the vitriol you and Huntinman have for each of your political ideas. With the exception of John Huntsman, all of the Republican candidates would agree on 95% on what the gov. should look like and do. Take Newt and Ron for example. According to the press, Newt has baggage. Ron is a kook not because of his ideas but because of his laack of chrisma when expressing those ideas. The fact remains that their basic philosiphy is essentially the same. One thing is for certain, each and every Republican candidate's philosiphy is light years different than that of BHO.

Franco, I have been called the extreme right and actually think I am. Your opinion of exteme right must be different than mine because I probably agree with 99% of what Ron stands for. One example is the FED. While I don't like its use of its power to make monetary policy, I do see the need fo some of the functons it provides. I do not know how he intends to provide a stable monetary system should the FED be completely eliminated.

Newt is quite a unique individual. He has so much self confidence that he can throw out solutions to specific problems consistent with his philosiphy and even ask anyone to criticize his solutions and show him where he hass gone wrong. That I really like.

One last thing, I pointed out in another thread that I once voted for Lyndon Johnson, the man I now consider the worst President in my lifetime until Obama. Boy have I flip floped. I bought in to the accusation that Goldwater was a war mongerer and I was wrong. Franco, might I suggest that you define what you mean by exteme right, and Huntinman might you point out issue by issue the differences between Ron Paul and the other candidates. I think that you might find out that the differences are minimal, especially when compared to Obama.

That would be a discussion I would enjoy.

Franco
11-17-2011, 10:12 AM
My responce in red.

I have trouble undeerstanding the vitriol you and Huntinman have for each of your political ideas. He doesn't have any ideas as he just takes cheap shots at RP. If he has posted any ideas, please feel free to bring any to my attention. With the exception of John Huntsman, all of the Republican candidates would agree on 95% on what the gov. should look like and do. I have to disagree here. The mainstream Repubs are the same old, same old politics. Nothing will get fixed. Take Newt and Ron for example. According to the press, Newt has baggage. Ron is a kook not because of his ideas but because of his lack of chrisma when expressing those ideas. RP is a doctor not a ploished politician. The fact remains that their basic philosiphy is essentially the same. Not at all! The other candidates offer more of the same we had under Bush43. RP is the only one wanting with a solid plan for not only chaging the culture in DC but fixing hat needs to be fixed. Others speak in general and broad terms, RP addresses the real issues. One thing is for certain, each and every Republican candidate's philosiphy is light years different than that of BHO.

Franco, I have been called the extreme right and actually think I am. Your opinion of exteme right must be different than mine because I probably agree with 99% of what Ron stands for. The GOP has strayed from what Conservatism was founded on. Men like Buckley and Goldwater are turning in thier graves with disgust!One example is the FED. While I don't like its use of its power to make monetary policy, I do see the need fo some of the functons it provides. The Fed Reserve is why we have the financial problems we have today. The atrificial value of the dollar to protecing big banks over tax payers and people that save money. I do not know how he intends to provide a stable monetary system should the FED be completely eliminated. As Rand paul said, "The USSR crashed when they couldn't determine the price of bread, We might crash because we can't determine the price of money". The Fed undermines the Free Market and the Free Markets abilty to solve problems like in the housing market and the value of the dollar. Not only is it unConstitutional for foreign banks to determine the value of the dollar we have no buisness bailing them out with USA tax payer dollars!

Newt is quite a unique individual. He has so much self confidence that he can throw out solutions to specific problems consistent with his philosiphy and even ask anyone to criticize his solutions and show him where he hass gone wrong. That I really like.

One last thing, I pointed out in another thread that I once voted for Lyndon Johnson, the man I now consider the worst President in my lifetime until Obama. I agree LBJ was the worse until Obama. Boy have I flip floped. I bought in to the accusation that Goldwater was a war mongerer and I was wrong. Franco, might I suggest that you define what you mean by exteme right,(champions of big government though they preach a smaller Fed government, limited Liberty, social agenda, interventionist - world police, big spending, supporters of an artificial economy and Huntinman might you point out issue by issue the differences between Ron Paul and the other candidates. I think that you might find out that the differences are minimal, especially when compared to Obama.

That would be a discussion I would enjoy.

P S

Not only is Ron Paul tired for the lead in Iowa (latest Poll) but he is currently running second in New Hampsire to Romney!

huntinman
11-17-2011, 12:15 PM
My responce in red.

P S

Not only is Ron Paul tired for the lead in Iowa (latest Poll) but he is currently running second in New Hampsire to Romney!

Finally Franco and I agree on something;-)

mjh345
11-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Unlike you, I don't drink kool-aid or booze...;-)

Then what is your excuse?:)

IowaBayDog
11-17-2011, 04:35 PM
Rassmussen tells a much different story:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/iowa/2012_iowa_republican_caucus

Newt with a 13 point lead over Romney, RP barely a footnote.

BonMallari
11-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Rassmussen tells a much different story:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/iowa/2012_iowa_republican_caucus

Newt with a 13 point lead over Romney, RP barely a footnote.

no offense Dan but if you look to the right of that article the National poll does not reflect that same sentiment...Iowa is not the pulse of the nation...NO one state should be..State primary elections build up votes for the convention , but the National election and how each state's electoral votes decide our POTUS now...its no secret BHO is concentrating on sweeping both NY,CA and the states he won last time out, he wont waste his time and campaign $$$$ on states he has no chance of winning like TX

Cody Covey
11-17-2011, 06:16 PM
no offense Dan but if you look to the right of that article the National poll does not reflect that same sentiment...Iowa is not the pulse of the nation...NO one state should be..State primary elections build up votes for the convention , but the National election and how each state's electoral votes decide our POTUS now...its no secret BHO is concentrating on sweeping both NY,CA and the states he won last time out, he wont waste his time and campaign $$$$ on states he has no chance of winning like TX

I don't think anyone is trying to say Iowa is the pulse of the nation but it is the first primary and the one being polled at the moment. Also the general feel of iowa is that it votes very socially conservative making it that much more strange that RP is doing well in the poll. Based on that I would believe the Rasmussen poll before I would the cbs poll. Will be interesting when Gallup and others come out with updated polls to see how iowa is really shaping up.

EDIT: Also that national poll is a couple weeks old now.

JDogger
11-17-2011, 07:17 PM
I don't think anyone is trying to say Iowa is the pulse of the nation but it is the first primary and the one being polled at the moment. Also the general feel of iowa is that it votes very socially conservative making it that much more strange that RP is doing well in the poll. Based on that I would believe the Rasmussen poll before I would the cbs poll. Will be interesting when Gallup and others come out with updated polls to see how iowa is really shaping up.

EDIT: Also that national poll is a couple weeks old now.

Don't put much stock in any poll this far out. Things change.

Until a clear candidate emerges for the R's, I think almost anything can still happen.

...but it's gonna take a unified effort to defeat Obama. J'know? JD

Cody Covey
11-18-2011, 12:04 AM
Don't put much stock in any poll this far out. Things change.

Until a clear candidate emerges for the R's, I think almost anything can still happen.

...but it's gonna take a unified effort to defeat Obama. J'know? JD

barely over a month away...

road kill
11-18-2011, 05:07 AM
2012 Iowa Republican Caucus
Iowa: Gingrich 32%, Romney 19%, Cain 13%

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich has already picked up steam among Republican primary voters nationwide, and now he jumps to the front of the GOP pack among caucus-goers in Iowa.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely Iowa Republican caucus-goers shows Gingrich with 32% followed by former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney at 19%. Georgia businessman Herman Cain, who led in Iowa last month, drops to third with 13% of the vote. Texas Congressman Ron Paul draws 10% of the vote in Iowa, while Texas Governor Rick Perry and Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann each grab six percent (6%). (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum draws support from five percent (5%) of caucus-goers while former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman picks up two percent (2%). Only one percent (1%) would prefer some other candidate and six percent (6%) more are undecided.

This is the first caucus survey conducted entirely after last week's GOP debate on foreign policy. Cain also recently fumbled a response to the administration's actions in Libya.

While the top three candidates' support numbers are similar to what they were in October, the candidates themselves have changed. At that point, Cain was on top with 28%, Romney picked up 21% and Paul came in third with 10%. Gingrich only drew nine percent (9%) support at that time, still slightly below where Cain is now.

Just after Perry officially entered the GOP race, he led Iowa in September with 29% of the vote while Bachmann was second with 18%. In August, Bachmann and Romney were essentially tied for the lead with Perry in fourth place.

Thirty-eight percent (38%) of Iowa GOP caucus voters are now certain of their vote and don't expect to change their minds, up from 32% in mid-October. Of those voters who are certain, 30% pick Gingrich, 21% prefer Romney, 16% like Cain and 13% support Paul.

(Want a free daily e-mail update? If it's in the news, it's in our polls). Rasmussen Reports updates are also available on Twitter or Facebook.

The survey of 700 Likely Iowa Republican Caucus Participants was conducted on November 15, 2011 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 4 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC. See methodology.

Ron Paul, while placing fourth overall, is also the candidate Iowa voters least want to see win the nomination. Eighteen percent (18%) hold name Paul as the least favorite candidate followed closely by Bachmann at 15%. Thirteen percent (13%) don't want to see Romney or Huntsman grab the nomination, while 11% would like to see Cain miss the nod. Only eight percent (8%) name Gingrich as the candidate they least want to see win.

If their favorite candidate does not win the nomination, 77% of Iowa caucus-goers say they'd still vote for the GOP candidate. Twelve percent (12%) would vote for Obama. If Romney wins the nomination, 32% would consider voting for a third-party candidate, with 16% who would be Very Likely to do so.

Only 73% of Romney voters say they'd vote for the GOP candidate if their man does not win the nomination. Among supporters of Gingrich, Cain, and Perry, nine-out-of-ten are committed to voting for the party nominee.

Ninety percent (90%) of Tea Party activists will vote for whoever the party nominates. However, just 69% of non-Tea Party members express that much loyalty to the GOP.

In Iowa, Gingrich and Romney are seen as the most qualified to be president. Seventy-six percent (76%) say Gingrich is qualified while 71% say that of the former governor. Paul and Perry are viewed as qualified by 51%, while 47% say that of Cain and Santorum. Only 44% think Bachmann is qualified to be Commander in Chief, while even fewer (33%) say that of Huntsman. Nationwide, Romney is still viewed as the most qualified for the White House.

Seventy percent (70%) of Iowa caucus-goers say that every one of the GOP candidates would make a better president than Obama. Twenty-four percent (24%) disagree.

Eighty-six percent (86%) of Iowa caucus-goers have followed stories of the sexual harassment allegations leveled against Cain. Forty-two percent (42%) believe the allegations are at least somewhat likely to be both serious and true, and 41% give Cain's campaign good or excellent marks for its response to the allegations. Twenty-one percent (21%) say the Cain campaign did a poor job handling the allegations. These findings are similar to those found among Republicans nationwide.

In general election matchups with the president nationwide, Romney remains the only Republican candidate who runs competitively against Obama on a consistent basis. Gingrich and Cain both trail the president by double-digits.

The plot thickens.:cool:

RK

IowaBayDog
11-18-2011, 07:52 AM

No offense taken, I live here, I'm not from here :). However it is more the "pulse of the elections" especially primaries than you might think, ask Hillary, she was ahead in every poll, lost Iowa and free-falled to a loss. Not saying its right, fair, or anything just its the facts from recent history.