PDA

View Full Version : Newt took money from Freddie/Fannie

BonMallari
11-16-2011, 06:48 PM
anyone wanna explain this one ? I know he has an expense account at Tiffany's but isnt this a little hypocrisy

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57325744-503544/bachmann-attacks-gingrich-for-working-with-pelosi-taking-money-from-freddie-mac/

Nor_Cal_Angler
11-16-2011, 09:18 PM
I will...

He openly explained his interaction with the Mack at the last debate...he admitted he did recieve money as compinsation for consultation work.

He has never lobbied for them or anyone while in congress or out of...and this is backed up by MANY current and former congressmen and women.

He said he recieved money from Freddie in 2006 I believe when they asked him for suggestions on fixing their current mess and future issues comming about because of the forecloser mess....

He said they paid him, and they had decided to NOT use his suggestions...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yo3XLnth3I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4r78j6N9OU

As for the other items discussed in the link....

Just like others he has made mistakes...yes he openly admits to being in support of "hillarycare" in the 90's and chumming with Polesi...

His stance is against an individual mandate NOW...

Sure he was a BIG supporter of EPA mandates, and a early version of "Cap and Trade"

But he is against it NOW....he still holds a few of those EPA idea's close to his heart, but I think they are worthy cause's as well...Clean Water as an example.

Jake

BonMallari
11-16-2011, 09:40 PM
so Newt is kind of a flip flopper too ?

Franco
11-16-2011, 10:52 PM
There is only one clean candidate in the race;-)

Too bad that Newt never provided free healthcare for the indigent and not accepting Fed money instead of taking tax payer's money to either tell Freddie to stop or lobby fellow Repubs. I don't care which it was, I don't trust the guy!

Nor_Cal_Angler
11-16-2011, 11:17 PM
so Newt is kind of a flip flopper too ?

Bon,

When the knight come's riding in on his white horse...or the virgin in clean white robe's come out, you will have your "see there they are" moment...

There is only one perfect person that I believe in....untill then, this imperfect world will have to do with an imperfect leader.

Too bad that Newt never provided free healthcare for the indigent and not accepting Fed money instead of taking tax payer's money to either tell Freddie to stop or lobby fellow Repubs. I don't care which it was, I don't trust the guy!

Beat that drum Franco....;-);-)

RP for all his so called not doing this and not doing that and not taking this and not taking that and not being for this, and not , and not and not...that you keep telling us all about...

He sure has NOT done much that I know of on a national level in his 3 decades of public NATIONAL office...

The only major accomplishment that I know of is he request to audit the fed which he has been after for 20 plus years and if he was that popular don't you think he would have gotten it?

He has authored a few books, sits on a few committies, argues for limited government and a return to a comidities backed monitary system, and deliveed a lot of babies...

The only thing's that have worked well for him are the publishing of a few books and the delivering of babies...other that that for 30 years he has been shouting into the wind.....

Jake

Franco
11-16-2011, 11:46 PM
First of all, the man doesn't shout and doen't need to. His ideas and beliefs speak strongly on their own.

His ideas are dominating most of the candidates talking points. I saw a bumpersticker today that read, "I was for Ron Paul before it became cool".

His voting record speaks for itself during his service and yes his ideas for solving today's problems are out of the box.

But, his time has come!

Better to have been delivering babies for free than taking tax payer funded lobby cash!

BonMallari
11-16-2011, 11:54 PM
I just dont think Newt is the staunch conservative everyone makes him out to be..educated and very adept at public speaking, absolutely...but I just dont think he has IT...sticking with Cain, he was my horse and will ride him till he is no longer in the race

Nor_Cal_Angler
11-17-2011, 12:52 AM
First of all, the man doesn't shout and doen't need to. His ideas and beliefs speak strongly on their own.

His ideas are dominating most of the candidates talking points. I saw a bumpersticker today that read, "I was for Ron Paul before it became cool".

His voting record speaks for itself during his service and yes his ideas for solving today's problems are out of the box.

But, his time has come!

Better to have been delivering babies for free than taking tax payer funded lobby cash!

Franco...I am glad for you that your sticking with him...don't get me wrong, stand by him....

But you said it..."I was for Ron Paul before it became cool" a bumpersticker...

I am afraid if that is all he has become over a 30 year career, a catchy bumpersticker...then that is all he will be...

And he sure as heck didn't deliver those babies for free....

Jake

Nor_Cal_Angler
11-17-2011, 12:53 AM
I just dont think Newt is the staunch conservative everyone makes him out to be..educated and very adept at public speaking, absolutely...but I just dont think he has IT...sticking with Cain, he was my horse and will ride him till he is no longer in the race

Bon...

I like Cain too, I wanted early on...a Cain/Newt ticket...

only thing that has changed is the order...

Jake

BonMallari
11-17-2011, 01:13 AM
Bon...

I like Cain too, I wanted early on...a Cain/Newt ticket...

only thing that has changed is the order...

Jake

Not saying I wont back Gingrich..I have to admit I will back my party's candidate...whatever it takes to beat BHO

Hew
11-17-2011, 06:42 AM
Clean?!? LOL.

Says he's against pork, but inserts gobs of pork in legislation to benefit his constituents. In '09 he ranked 33 out of 435 US Reps. in sponsoring or co-sponsoring earmarks (pork). He was a co-sponsor of the recent T. Boone Pickens Earmark Bill for billions in federal subsidies for natural gas powered vehicle useage.

He published racist and anti-semitic articles in his goofy newsletter under his own name but then claims he didn't write them or even read his own newsletter.

He'll request federal disaster aid for his own district while voting against is everywhere else and being against federal disaster aid in general.

He flip-flops between being a self-professed Republican and Libertarian...usually when it is most convenient for his campaign coffers.

He's a conspiracy NUT who, at minimum, flirts with the Truthers, and at worst could actually be one (http://hotair.com/archives/2009/07/18/finally-ron-paul-kinda-sorta-comes-out-as-a-truther/ ) He also believes the Federal Reserve was directly involved in the Watergate break in. Dude's a few white tigers shy of a full Seigfried and Roy show.

Hew
11-17-2011, 06:44 AM
I just dont think Newt is the staunch conservative everyone makes him out to be..
As of late, Cain's got issues in that department, too.

caryalsobrook
11-17-2011, 07:26 AM
Clean?!? LOL.

Says he's against pork, but inserts gobs of pork in legislation to benefit his constituents. In '09 he ranked 33 out of 435 US Reps. in sponsoring or co-sponsoring earmarks (pork). He was a co-sponsor of the recent T. Boone Pickens Earmark Bill for billions in federal subsidies for natural gas powered vehicle useage.

He published racist and anti-semitic articles in his goofy newsletter under his own name but then claims he didn't write them or even read his own newsletter.

He'll request federal disaster aid for his own district while voting against is everywhere else and being against federal disaster aid in general.

He flip-flops between being a self-professed Republican and Libertarian...usually when it is most convenient for his campaign coffers.

He's a conspiracy NUT who, at minimum, flirts with the Truthers, and at worst could actually be one (http://hotair.com/archives/2009/07/18/finally-ron-paul-kinda-sorta-comes-out-as-a-truther/ ) He also believes the Federal Reserve was directly involved in the Watergate break in. Dude's a few white tigers shy of a full Seigfried and Roy show.

Hew, I am not familiar with all of his actions but I will talk about pork. If the gov. is handing out money and your copeditors are getting it, then you had better get it too.

I will give you two examples. If you are in farming and the gov. will pay 3/4ths of the cost of a silt basin, you had better get it too or you can't compete. Last year, put one on the farm at a cost of $17,000 of which the gov. paid all but $4250.00. they design it and set the standards of how big it is to be built ect. You can't imagine how big they made this thing. Had I built it with my own money, it would have cost me about $6,000.00. It saved me $1,750.00 but cost the taxpayors over $12,000.00. Do I agree with it, hell no, but if I am going to compet with other farmers, then I must maintain the lower cost as other farmers, even if it costs taxpayors $12,000.00.

Another example. In the first stimulus package, so much money was given out for solar energy, a friend of mine who has a small milling business, had a solar energy system installed on the roof of his building costing $350,000.00, of which after subsities cost him about $100,000. With the subsities, he will pay for the system in less than 4 years and with the projected life of the system of about 30 years. With the subsities it generates him a profit af about $800.00 a month for the life of the system. Without the subsities, he would at best be able to break even. WHAT A SYSTEM!

My biggest regret is that I also did not take advantage of this gifthorse. They do it again and I will bild a metal building on the farm along with the solar system and have both for free in about 10 years. Again looking for a competitive edge compliments of the gov. that does not mean that I thnk it is right only that I have to take advantage of the gov. stupidity or someone else will.

So if he goes after disaster money even though he does not believe in it, he actually has no choice.

gman0046
11-17-2011, 09:40 AM
Newt could come out smelling like a rose on this one had he advised Fannie and Freddy they were heading down the wrong road. Lets wait and see before we condemn him.

Nor_Cal_Angler
11-17-2011, 10:04 AM
Newt could come out smelling like a rose on this one had he advised Fannie and Freddy they were heading down the wrong road. Lets wait and see before we condemn him.

That is exactly what he is saying he did...He specifically said he told them what he thought they needed to do in order to right the ship and they decided to disregard his help.

Jake

Franco
11-17-2011, 10:23 AM
Clean?!? LOL.

Hew, that's all you have?

A bunch of conjecture from the author!

Also, if the government is handing out pork, RP's responsiblity is to get some for his district.

People attack RP for his age and they love to misquote him.

Franco
11-17-2011, 10:25 AM
That is exactly what he is saying he did...He specifically said he told them what he thought they needed to do in order to right the ship and they decided to disregard his help.

Jake

Do you really think that is what they paid him for? Do you really think Freddie paid him for his financial expertise? Hell no, they paid him to lobby fellow Repubs!

caryalsobrook
11-17-2011, 11:05 AM
Do you really think that is what they paid him for? Do you really think Freddie paid him for his financial expertise? Hell no, they paid him to lobby fellow Repubs!

Franco, from his perspective, it matters not why they paid him, it only matters what he agreed to. the memos will show that.

As for lobbying republicans, do you really think that he lobbied them to promote their policies?

Nor_Cal_Angler
11-17-2011, 11:17 AM
Franco...

All I have to go on right now is what he is saying, there is nothing to suggest otherwise...people currently serving in congress and past memebers have said openly that Newt has not and does not lobby.

Jake

Franco
11-17-2011, 11:23 AM
Franco, from his perspective, it matters not why they paid him, it only matters what he agreed to. the memos will show that.

As for lobbying republicans, do you really think that he lobbied them to promote their policies?

They didn't pay him for his financial expertise. ;-) What is on paper (contract) is only to cover their asses. This is the culture in DC and that is why we need a real reformer and not more of the same old, same old.

Nor_Cal_Angler
11-17-2011, 11:27 AM
Latest reports are he took 1.8 million over a 9 year period...for work his consultation company did....that is the COMPANY...not him personally...

even if it was him personally...do the math...that is 200k a year...is that REALLY REALLY REALLY that outrageous.

Their are worse things people are being paid for...

528 million in less than a year...DISAPPEARED with no product....ring a bell.

What are we really B!TCHING ABOUT here...

Jake

Franco
11-17-2011, 11:36 AM
Latest reports are he took 1.8 million over a 9 year period...for work his consultation company did....that is the COMPANY...not him personally...

even if it was him personally...do the math...that is 200k a year...is that REALLY REALLY REALLY that outrageous.

Their are worse things people are being paid for...

528 million in less than a year...DISAPPEARED with no product....ring a bell.

What are we really B!TCHING ABOUT here...

Jake

Aren't you tired of the same old politics in DC? Does anyone really think (outside of UB) that Gingrich is the solution to what ailes us?

Personally, I never trusted the guy. He is where he is today because of years of apperences on Fox News.

I consider myself a News junkie. The only TV I watch is Nat'l Geographic, Military Channel, Outdoor Channel, LSU, Saints and all the News outlets. I would encourage everyone to watch news other than just Fox News to get a better feel for the real story. It better helps one discover the truth because most of the media is slanted with thier agenda. As much as I hate Rachel Maddow, I make myself watch her show jsut to get some balance so that I can make up my own mind. Though my favorite in Fox Buisness Channel, I know that they too are slanted.

Nor_Cal_Angler
11-17-2011, 12:01 PM
Aren't you tired of the same old politics in DC? Does anyone really think (outside of UB) that Gingrich is the solution to what ailes us?

Personally, I never trusted the guy. He is where he is today because of years of apperences on Fox News.
I consider myself a News junkie. The only TV I watch is Nat'l Geographic, Military Channel, Outdoor Channel, LSU, Saints and all the News outlets. I would encouge everyone to watch news other than just Fox News to get a better feel for the real story. It better helps one discover the truth because most of the media is slanted with thier agenda. As much as I hate Rachel Maddow, I make myself watch her show jsut to get some balance so that I can make up my own mind. Though my favorite in Fox Buisness Channel, I know that they too are slanted.

I disagree, he is where he is today because of what I said earlier in another thread.....and these are just a few....

Regained the house...1994 first in 40 years

Balanced budget...first in over a generation, not mine, but its promising for the future

Getting Congress to work...lowerd taxes for the first time in 16yrs, welfare reform, 60 percent of welfare recipent's went back to work.

Defect reduction...due to the balanced budget, over 400 billion was repaid on our nations debt.

Franco, I too watch CNN and MSNBC just to get a flavor of the otherside....I give them their just due, to see if they can open my mind up to another train of thought...problem is, just about the time they start to make sense, they continue talking about totally FAIL!!!!

That is how I view RP as well....eveytime he has spoken at the debate's...he starts off strong and then he continues speaking...and totally FAIL's..he lose's his train of thought, he stray's off topic, he frankly starts to BABBLE...

RP..."I think Iran should be allowed to have an oppertunity to develop neuclear power......ya know, ahh ahh, Because Healthcare is a big deal, and Iraq and the women..ahhh ahhh, and thats why the Fed should get out of the people's lives, because education is up to the state's...."

Jake

Buzz
11-17-2011, 02:35 PM
I thought I was jaded and cynical about politicians, but obviously I did not understand to the extent that these slime balls will lie, cheat, and say one thing while doing another.

For a long time Newt has been running around saying that Frank and Dodd should be in jail. He's been one of the loudest critics of Democrats who "coddled" Freddie Mac, while he was one of their chief lobbyists in Washington.

If a guy like Newt can get away with this crap and become president, then I'm convinced that we're all done as a great country.

I know how much you guys hate Matthews, but just bite your lower lip and watch this clip, then tell me that Newt is what America needs in the Whitehouse.

http://motherjones.com/mojo/2011/11/corn-hardball-newt-gingrich-freddie-mae-historian

Franco, I can't say that I support your choice for president, but over the last few months I've been beginning to believe that there is hope for you. Not the complement you wanted I know, but it's nice to see someone around here begin to open their eyes to just what the he!! is going on in Washington these days. Some of those guys are just plain shameless.

M&K's Retrievers
11-17-2011, 02:45 PM
I thought I was jaded and cynical about politicians, but obviously I did not understand to the extent that these slime balls will lie, cheat, and say one thing while doing another.

For a long time Newt has been running around saying that Frank and Dodd should be in jail. He's been one of the loudest critics of Democrats who "coddled" Freddie Mac, while he was one of their chief lobbyists in Washington.

If a guy like Newt can get away with this crap and become president, then I'm convinced that we're all done as a great country.

I know how much you guys hate Matthews, but just bite your lower lip and watch this clip, then tell me that Newt is what America needs in the Whitehouse.

http://motherjones.com/mojo/2011/11/corn-hardball-newt-gingrich-freddie-mae-historian

Franco, I can't say that I support your choice for president, but over the last few months I've been beginning to believe that there is hope for you. Not the complement you wanted I know, but it's nice to see someone around here begin to open their eyes to just what the he!! is going on in Washington these days. Most of these people are just plain shameless.

Fixed it for you.

caryalsobrook
11-17-2011, 03:12 PM

Franco, I can't say that I support your choice for president, but over the last few months I've been beginning to believe that there is hope for you. Not the complement you wanted I know, but it's nice to see someone around here begin to open their eyes to just what the he!! is going on in Washington these days. Some of those guys are just plain shameless.

I watched the video. You want to draw conclusions based on anomous sources of Fanny and Freddie, it is your right. Newt was contracted, so let the anomous cowardly bastards SHOW THE CONTRACT! I don't care what they said or he said, what I caare about is the CONTRACT! Anything else is pure BS and you know it. You trust anomous people who want to make an illegal verbal contract and jump on those who honor a written contract, that is up to you.

Typical of the media is the accusations against Herman Cain. He has offered to take a lie detector test and I have been waiting for those who have accused him to step forward, take him up on it and offer to take one also. So far, to my knowledge, none have. Until such time, I have to believe they are the lying B2345es and he is telling the truth.

It is time that the issues are the topics that need to be discussed and not all this heresay.

Cody Covey
11-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Also, if the government is handing out pork, RP's responsiblity is to get some for his district.
This is the problem with Washington today. And something I have seen you complain about and profess RP as the one who will rid us of the issue. The fact is you can't complain about pork and then sponsor a ton of pork bills. The biggest problem we as a nation have is that people only want to sacrifice what others have or are getting no one wants to make the tough decisions about what they receive.

LokiMeister
11-17-2011, 04:12 PM
Beat that drum Franco....;-);-)

RP for all his so called not doing this and not doing that and not taking this and not taking that and not being for this, and not , and not and not...that you keep telling us all about...

He sure has NOT done much that I know of on a national level in his 3 decades of public NATIONAL office...

The only major accomplishment that I know of is he request to audit the fed which he has been after for 20 plus years and if he was that popular don't you think he would have gotten it?

He has authored a few books, sits on a few committies, argues for limited government and a return to a comidities backed monitary system, and deliveed a lot of babies...

The only thing's that have worked well for him are the publishing of a few books and the delivering of babies...other that that for 30 years he has been shouting into the wind.....

Jake

Of course he hasn't been able to get anything done...because the power players and media don't want to be told something they know is right. I find it interesting that he keeps getting elected "yet can't get anything done."

When the American people realize that the people in power do things so they stay in power, and for that reason only, will they listen to people like Ron Paul.

Nor_Cal_Angler
11-17-2011, 07:07 PM
Of course he hasn't been able to get anything done...because the power players and media don't want to be told something they know is right. I find it interesting that he keeps getting elected "yet can't get anything done."

When the American people realize that the people in power do things so they stay in power, and for that reason only, will they listen to people like Ron Paul.

I knew someone would step in that one....

Your gonna pull out the wooooooo is me card for the good doctor...He keeps getting elected by the same people in TEXAS...I said what good has he done for the NATION while in his position. I do understand that his primary job is to speak to the benifits of the people he represents...but, congressmen write legislation that effect and affect the nation and a President's decisions do the same.

Occupy That Motha.....regards

Jake

LokiMeister
11-18-2011, 09:47 AM
There are other ways to get things done than concrete monetary ways...

Franco
11-18-2011, 10:04 AM
I knew someone would step in that one....

Your gonna pull out the wooooooo is me card for the good doctor...He keeps getting elected by the same people in TEXAS...I said what good has he done for the NATION while in his position. I do understand that his primary job is to speak to the benifits of the people he represents...but, congressmen write legislation that effect and affect the nation and a President's decisions do the same.

Occupy That Motha.....regards

Jake

The solutions that RP has tried to advance over his years have been rejected on The Hill because not only would it make Congress more accountable, it would rattle thier incompetence to the core!

Just look at how long it took RP to get the Fed audited. They fought that tooth and nail and only allowed for a two year audit. The audit revealed that the Fed had the Treasury print a fresh 15 TRILLION to lend to domestic banks and 5 Trillion of that went to foreign banks! All at the American tax payers expense.

Yet, those opposed to RP are supporting candidates that stand for the status quo in DC!

Uncle Bill
11-18-2011, 12:11 PM
You couldn't be more wrong, Franco:

"Yet, those opposed to RP are supporting candidates that stand for the status quo in DC!"

There's hardly a person on this board that are in favor of the "staus quo". We are ALL in favor of anyone that can eliminate the current regime, and if your selection for POTUS is running against him, it's my belief we will back that choice.

UB

BonMallari
11-18-2011, 12:35 PM
Ron Paul has served how many terms in Congress ? think he is very much a part of the establishment, cant call him an outsider...

LokiMeister
11-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Uncle Bill and BonMallari, aren't you afraid of the "let's just get rid of him" mentality? I am not so sure voting public can give us the proper change, ie. one that will actually make this country better and not just change for change sake.

BonMallari
11-18-2011, 01:01 PM
Uncle Bill and BonMallari, aren't you afraid of the "let's just get rid of him" mentality? I am not so sure voting public can give us the proper change, ie. one that will actually make this country better and not just change for change sake.

I wont speak for UB..but to put it bluntly NO....Its no secret I am for term limits and would like nothing better than to clean house...

LokiMeister
11-18-2011, 01:18 PM
I favor term limits also as a way to reduce power but I believe that "voting the incumbent out" can shoot you in the foot if you don't get the right person in the seat.

luvmylabs23139
11-18-2011, 01:26 PM
I favor term limits also as a way to reduce power but I believe that "voting the incumbent out" can shoot you in the foot if you don't get the right person in the seat.

can;t get any worse than that COMMIE in the White house If anythinf he should be tried fro treason for proposing commie polices!

LokiMeister
11-18-2011, 01:30 PM
People aren't going to like it but I don't care...Obama replaced someone that was worse than he was...Bush was probably the worst President we have ever had...and I am a conservative...

Cody Covey
11-18-2011, 02:05 PM
Bush was probably the worst President we have ever had...and I am a conservative...

No he wasn't...not by a long shot..and judging that statement you are certainly not a conservative.

Franco
11-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Ron Paul has served how many terms in Congress ? think he is very much a part of the establishment, cant call him an outsider...

No one has refered to him as an outsider and her certainly in not part of the establishment!

He is very much antiEstablishment.

Franco
11-18-2011, 04:28 PM
No he wasn't...not by a long shot..and judging that statement you are certainly not a conservative.

I wouldn't consider Bush43 to be a Conservative.

Out of control spending, growing the Federal government, bailouts and starting unjust wars is not what a Conservative does. He was about as bad a President as one could ask for.

He was so bad, he turned much of the country against the Republicans and that ushered in Obama!

BonMallari
11-18-2011, 04:40 PM
I wouldn't consider Bush43 to be a Conservative.

Out of control spending, growing the Federal government, bailouts and starting unjust wars is not what a Conservative does. He was about as bad a President as one could ask for.

He was so bad, he turned much of the country against the Republicans and that ushered in Obama!

GWB proved that he was NOT a Fiscal conservative....but you would be hard pressed to prove he wasnt a conservative in every other area

Franco
11-18-2011, 05:06 PM
GWB proved that he was NOT a Fiscal conservative....but you would be hard pressed to prove he wasnt a conservative in every other area

Invasion of Iraq was a Conservative ideal?
Bailouts are a Conservative ideal?

Hew
11-18-2011, 05:11 PM
But it's OK for Ron Paul and his supporters to sit at home pouting in November and usher in a second Obama term.

Franco
11-18-2011, 05:37 PM
But it's OK for Ron Paul and his supporters to sit at home pouting in November and usher in a second Obama term.

Like I said before, there is only one clean candidate in the race and we aren't even thinking of any alternatives for President. Like many, I'm sick and tired of having to pick our poison and will not vote for the lessor of evils!

BonMallari
11-18-2011, 06:06 PM
Invasion of Iraq was a Conservative ideal?
Bailouts are a Conservative ideal?

Bailout is again a Fiscal move

and Iraq is a hawkish move, typical of conservatives...what you still have a problem with is you will not allow any other type of conservative than the kind YOU envision...this board has a majority of conservatives, fiscal conservatives but with liberal leanings...you just refuse to see anyone elses view

Buzz
11-18-2011, 06:29 PM

and Iraq is a hawkish move, typical of conservatives...what you still have a problem with is you will not allow any other type of conservative than the kind YOU envision...this board has a majority of conservatives, fiscal conservatives but with liberal leanings...you just refuse to see anyone elses view

You know, I got a really good laugh out of that!

A lot of friends would probably describe me as somewhat conservative, but around here I'm a screaming liberal!

BonMallari
11-18-2011, 07:31 PM

A lot of friends would probably describe me as somewhat conservative, but around here I'm a screaming liberal!

Buzz you have always been a fiscal conservative here on the RTF, I will just say that you have contrarian views on other subjects...after all you are a business owner, educated,FT'er...those are all conservative profiles...;)

Franco
11-18-2011, 09:29 PM

Wrong!

Was LBJ a Conservative? True Conservatives hate war and go to it as a last resort.

Bush was Conservative only in his social views. Other than that, he was a fool to send thousands of young Americans to their deaths in Iraq. It that in Conservative to you, then you can own it! Bush43 was the worse kind of politician; a fiscal Liberal and social Conservative.

Franco
11-18-2011, 09:31 PM

Can't be a Conservative and a Keneysian both!

Enjoy your post but, we are what we is;-)

Hew
11-19-2011, 07:07 AM
Buzz you have always been a fiscal conservative here on the RTF,....
Say what?!?! Anyone who has a Paul Krugman worship shrine in their home ain't no fiscal conservative.

Hew
11-19-2011, 07:19 AM
Wrong!

Was LBJ a Conservative? True Conservatives hate war and go to it as a last resort.
LOL...your conservative icon, Barry Goldwater, got TROUNCED by LBJ because of his aggressive rhetoric about increasing our military involvement in not just Vietnam, but all of SE Asia (not to mention his quote about wanting to lob a nuke into the Kremlin).