11-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Got to give them credit for booing Obama wife and Bidens wife

M&K's Retrievers
11-23-2011, 03:44 PM
Got to give them credit for booing Obama wife and Bidens wife

All while turning left. :rolleyes:

BonMallari
11-23-2011, 05:08 PM
the two ladies were misplaced there by the event planners,was embarassed that they got booed, but they have never shown any allegience to the NASCAR crowd, and trying to use the disguise of the tribute to the military was ill conceived too..

road kill
11-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Mrs. Biden doesn't know what planet she is on, Mrs. Obama doesn't know what country she is in.

'nuff said........

RK

charly_t
11-23-2011, 06:32 PM
Mrs. Biden doesn't know what planet she is on, Mrs. Obama doesn't know what country she is in.

'nuff said........

RK

Bingo !!!!!! Good post.

M&K's Retrievers
11-23-2011, 06:50 PM

'nuff said........

RK

Sure she does. She's in the country that she is finally proud of and that pays for her trips.

Blackstone
11-26-2011, 01:05 PM
I thought is showed a lack of class by those that booed. Fortunately, everyone in the crowd wasn't so rude.

charly_t
11-26-2011, 03:35 PM
I thought is showed a lack of class by those that booed. Fortunately, everyone in the crowd wasn't so rude.

Yeah, less than nice manners for sure. Sorry to say that this kind of people are on the increase in our country. We have bullies of all ages I guess.

starjack
11-27-2011, 10:46 AM

When you tell good old boys that have been proudof there USA since they were born. That she was finally proud of it when her hubby was running for prez . What did you think was going to happen. The nascar crowd did more with those boos than all of that OWS is doing

luvmylabs23139
11-27-2011, 11:06 AM
Let us not forget besides Mrs Obama's comments her husband's while running for President reffered to a group of the population as "clinging to their guns and bibles". Let's just say the general NASCAR fan believes in the bible and the Second ammendment.
Many race fans had no idea they were going to be at the race. Many fans were already ticked off because of all of the insane security they had to go thru that they were not expecting. Then they discover it's because of her. What would you expect. VERY HAPPY that HUBBY CONFIRMED TO ME THAT HE DID BOO THE BITCH!

road kill
11-27-2011, 12:48 PM
The NASCAR crowd has had thier share of classless comments directed towards them.

They aren't as stupid as the political elitist wish.

Enough is enough before they fire back.

I learned long ago, the people who get the MOST respect are often the most respectful.

I have read and seen enough to know neither of these ladies or thier spouses have much respect for the "NASCAR crowd."

Reap what you sow regards........

RK

Marvin S
11-27-2011, 02:06 PM

Would you have been that indignant had it been Laura Bush they were booing?

charly_t
11-27-2011, 04:03 PM

I have read and seen enough to know neither of these ladies or thier spouses have much respect for the "NASCAR crowd."

Reap what you sow regards........

RK

The thing is both families have not shown respect for a lot of us. It's the "holier-than-thou" thing. I say vote them out to help correct this.
I would like to cut off their money after their ( I hope one term each ) also but that does not seem likely to happen. Anyway I do understand people's feelings and thoughts about this. Just feel that there is a time and place
for everything ...... the ladies should not have made a sham appearance there nor should they have been booed. Just because they don't have good manners does not mean we have to stoop to their level is my thoughts. All we need for people to do is to stop "fawning" over them.

road kill
11-27-2011, 04:07 PM
The thing is both families have not shown respect for a lot of us. It's the "holier-than-thou" thing. I say vote them out to help correct this.
I would like to cut off their money after their ( I hope one term each ) also but that does not seem likely to happen. Anyway I do understand people's feelings and thoughts about this. Just feel that there is a time and place
for everything ...... the ladies should not have made a sham appearance there nor should they have been booed. Just because they don't have good manners does not mean we have to stoop to their level is my thoughts. All we need for people to do is to stop "fawning" over them.

I understand what you are saying, but these NASCAR fans know what's up.

Neither of these "ladies" are NASCAR fans.
The fans know this.

Thier attendance itself was condescending and disrespectful.

I am OK with what the NASCAR fans did!!

RK

charly_t
11-27-2011, 04:11 PM
Uuummm, I did say "sham". VBG, subtle reaction to their visit would have been just as "telling" to them. They would have got the message I believe.

road kill
11-27-2011, 04:42 PM
Uuummm, I did say "sham". VBG, subtle reaction to their visit would have been just as "telling" to them. They would have got the message I believe.
Well, I am certain there is no question they got this message!!!

Enough is enough.

"Let them eat cake........."

RK

Blackstone
11-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Let us not forget besides Mrs Obama's comments her husband's while running for President reffered to a group of the population as "clinging to their guns and bibles". Let's just say the general NASCAR fan believes in the bible and the Second ammendment.
Many race fans had no idea they were going to be at the race. Many fans were already ticked off because of all of the insane security they had to go thru that they were not expecting. Then they discover it's because of her. What would you expect. VERY HAPPY that HUBBY CONFIRMED TO ME THAT HE DID BOO THE BITCH!

I guess rudeness runs in the family!

Blackstone
11-27-2011, 05:40 PM
I understand what you are saying, but these NASCAR fans know what's up.

Neither of these "ladies" are NASCAR fans.
The fans know this.

Thier attendance itself was condescending and disrespectful.

I am OK with what the NASCAR fans did!!

RK

So, if they aren't sports fans at all, does that mean they shouldn't attend any sporting event? From what I read, their idea was to be there to show support for military families, not for the sport of NASCAR. If anything, I would have thought the effort would have been appreciated.

If those NASCAR fans that felt the need to boo felt the ladies were being condescending and disrespectful, they certainly proved they weren't any better.

luvmylabs23139
11-27-2011, 05:43 PM
I guess rudeness runs in the family!

Disgust for the Obamas runs in my family. :p

Blackstone
11-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Would you have been that indignant had it been Laura Bush they were booing?

I wasn't being indignant. I was stating my opinion. And, yes, I would have felt it was just as rude had it happened to Laura Bush. Civility really doesn't have a political party.

Blackstone
11-27-2011, 05:51 PM
Disgust for the Obamas runs in my family. :p

Judging from some of your posts, you seem to have a long list of people that disgust you. But, hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

road kill
11-27-2011, 06:21 PM
So, if I understand correctly, some of you demand better behavior from redneck riff raff than you do the first and second ladies.

If the first and second ladies act boorishly, it's OK.
If the low life redneck hillbilly NASCAR fans act that way they are rude and you are appalled!

Bass ackwards regards..........

RK

sandyg
11-27-2011, 06:35 PM
So, if I understand correctly, some of you demand better behavior from redneck riff raff than you do the first and second ladies.

If the low life redneck hillbilly NASCAR fans act that way they are rude and you are appalled!

RK

Right on!!!

charly_t
11-27-2011, 06:42 PM

RK

NO.........we want the NASCAR fans to teach those women some manners. We figure NASCAR people could do that real easy. "One ups-man-ship" if you will. Then the NASCAR people can go out and make sure everyone votes for somebody better than the "know-nothing" snobs. Very simple really. I get it that this was a spontaneous outpouring of NASCAR fans feelings. Sorry but I am old and we did things a little different back when. Never make people feel sorry for the snobs..........it may get some votes for their husbands.

Becky Mills
11-27-2011, 06:47 PM
Civility really doesn't have a political party.
For you folks who say the First and Second Ladies shouldn't have been at a Nascar race, I agree 100%. IMHO it was a very thinly disguised attempt at wooing voters. Obviously not an effective one:). And for the record, I am not a fan of the President and First Lady. Not even a little bit. Never have been and short of a major miracle won't be.
But, rude is rude. And the last thing us good ol boys and girls need is another reason to perpetuate stereotypes. However, there was no need for the Nascar fans to be hypocritical. Instead of booing they could have sent just as loud (and much classier) message by not clapping/remaining silent.

charly_t
11-27-2011, 07:04 PM
For you folks who say the First and Second Ladies shouldn't have been at a Nascar race, I agree 100%. IMHO it was a very thinly disguised attempt at wooing voters. Obviously not an effective one:). And for the record, I am not a fan of the President and First Lady. Not even a little bit. Never have been and short of a major miracle won't be.
But, rude is rude. And the last thing us good ol boys and girls need is another reason to perpetuate stereotypes. However, there was no need for the Nascar fans to be hypocritical. Instead of booing they could have sent just as loud (and much classier) message by not clapping/remaining silent.

Bingo ! Less is more in my mind. I have never been an Obama fan either ( nor Mrs. Obama either ). I can understand the outpouring of feelings but there are times when we should not act on them.

road kill
11-27-2011, 07:08 PM

They can go where ever they want to go.

But if and when you go somewhere to USE people you disdain, you might have to face a consquence.

Consider it faced!!

RK

Blackstone
11-27-2011, 08:20 PM

RK

I never called them reneck riff raff/hillbillies. That is your description of them. Personally, I know some NASCAR fans that certainly don't fit that description. But, perhaps that does fit some of those that booed. In any case, it was rude, disrespectful, and uncalled for.

What was it that the 1st and 2nd ladies did that was so boorish when it came to NASCAR fans?

luvmylabs23139
11-28-2011, 07:43 AM
I never called them reneck riff raff/hillbillies. That is your description of them. Personally, I know some NASCAR fans that certainly don't fit that description. But, perhaps that does fit some of those that booed. In any case, it was rude, disrespectful, and uncalled for.

What was it that the 1st and 2nd ladies did that was so boorish when it came to NASCAR fans?

Saying that the first time in your life that you are proud of your country is when your husband is running fro President is rude, disrespectful and uncalled for!
Plus she is the food natzi. She has been trying to take the "happy" out of Happy meal.

Hew
11-28-2011, 09:38 AM
To call it a "smattering" of boos might be an overstatement. I'm surprised they didn't get more. As they were getting ready for Obama and Biden's intro and had them posing with the military family I laughed and said to my wife that the only reason they had the military family was so they wouldn't get boo'ed.

I also laughed at Blackstone's tail-waggin'-the-dog notion that Obama and Biden were there to support military families and somebody just decided to throw in a Nascar race for grins.

Mrs. Obama and Dr. Biden were not as out of place as their effete, girly-man husbands would have been. Keeping those two dandies away from the race and sending the wives instead was a stroke of political genius.

caryalsobrook
11-28-2011, 11:10 AM
To call it a "smattering" of boos might be an overstatement. I'm surprised they didn't get more. As they were getting ready for Obama and Biden's intro and had them posing with the military family I laughed and said to my wife that the only reason they had the military family was so they wouldn't get boo'ed.

I also laughed at Blackstone's tail-waggin'-the-dog notion that Obama and Biden were there to support military families and somebody just decided to throw in a Nascar race for grins.

Mrs. Obama and Dr. Biden were not as out of place as their effete, girly-man husbands would have been. Keeping those two dandies away from the race and sending the wives instead was a stroke of political genius.

No HEW, it would have been a stroke of genius had the president gone himself and eminded them as those in Penn how they cling to their guns and bibles out of dispair. Or better yet he could have told them how as a youngster, he made his spending money delivering newspapers or mowing yards or flipping hamburgers or powing fields or sacking groceries, of some other job he had as a youngster to make his spending money(well maybe that would be a little embellishment you think?). Then remind them of how soft and lazy they have gotten in the last 20 or 30 years and learn from his example and work harder. Surely THAT would have changed any boos to cheers!:rolleyes::mad:

starjack
11-28-2011, 02:41 PM

WOW WOW WOW:rolleyes:

Blackstone
11-28-2011, 09:23 PM
[/B]
WOW WOW WOW:rolleyes:

Wow is not an answer to the question.

Blackstone
11-28-2011, 09:26 PM

That's not what I said, Hew. No need to twist my statement for your amusement.

Hew
11-28-2011, 09:35 PM
That's not what I said, Hew. No need to twist my statement for your amusement.

If you say so, but here's what you wrote previously:

From what I read, their idea was to be there to show support for military families, not for the sport of NASCAR.

Wouldn't there be about, I dunno, 43,454 better ways to show support for military families than a 30 second "gentleman, start your engines" at a NASCAR event? You should take Jay Carney's job...you'd do a much better job pretending that Obama popping up lately in every swing state isn't political campaigning on the taxpayer's dime. I bet you didn't even smirk or cross you fingers when you claimed that the first and second lady's NASCAR appearance was all about supporting military families.

JDogger
11-28-2011, 11:02 PM

Wouldn't there be about, I dunno, 43,454 better ways to show support for military families than a 30 second "gentleman, start your engines" at a NASCAR event? You should take Jay Carney's job...you'd do a much better job pretending that Obama popping up lately in every swing state isn't political campaigning on the taxpayer's dime. I bet you didn't even smirk or cross you fingers when you claimed that the first and second lady's NASCAR appearance was all about supporting military families.

Military families aside, there are some that smirk when NASCAR is referred to as "racing"....JD :p

Blackstone
11-29-2011, 01:10 AM

Again, Hew, I did not "claim" anything except to have read what their reason was for attending the NASCAR event.

However, I do know Michelle Obama and Jill Biden co-founded the Joining Forces project to support military families well before that NASCAR event. Both ladies have been all over the country supporting that project, and got Tom Hanks, Steven Spielberg & Oprah to create public service spots supporting military families. And, Michelle Obama was part of the volunteers that presented a new home to a military veteran on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.

The Joining Forces project has also partnered with several large corporations, like Sears Holding and Walmart, to support this effort, and several large organizations like Major League Baseball and, oh no, wait a minute, . . . NASCAR? Could that be possible? Well what do you know? NASCAR, in partnership with Joining Forces and Walmart, dedicate that race to military families, which might just explain why Michelle Obama and Jill Biden were there to say “Start your engines.”

Hew
11-29-2011, 03:49 AM
However, I do know Michelle Obama and Jill Biden co-founded the Joining Forces project to support military families well before that NASCAR event.

"Well before" alright...since April of this year; a virtual millenium ago. The cynic in me would say that her signature issue, Keep Fat Kids Alive (or whatever the nanny state "eat your veggies" initiative is called), wasn't polling so well so somebody in the political wing of the White House cooked up Joining Forces just in time for the campaign season. Regardless of motives, it's nice to see Mrs. Obama helping out military families. For the first time in my adult life I'm proud of her.

starjack
11-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Wow is not an answer to the question.If you dont get it and i can see you dont why BOTHER

caryalsobrook
11-29-2011, 03:16 PM

I too think tht it was somewhat rude to Boo. A better approach would have been to maintain complete silence when they said "Gentlemen, start your engines". Better yet would have been for the drivers to wait 30 seconds before starting their engines. To bad either or both of these responses could not have been organized.

This thread did make me think of other situations that you might rate as to degree of rudeness.

1: On a lat night talk show on NBC, Michele Bachmann was greeted to a song containing "lying bitch" as she enter the stage.

2: Anne Coulter had to leave the stage at Columbia University as a result of booing by the crowd.

3: Carl Rove was ridiculed as he was making a speech to a conservative group by a group who broke into the meeting.

4: Blocking those who worked on Wall Street, including those who had retail business who had nothing to do with Wall Street.

5: The President leaving the President of Isreal ostensibily to go eat supper.

6: Last but not lease, Trent Lott was booed while giving a eulogy at the funeral of Paul Wellstone, who was a close personal friend.

If you rate booing of Mrs Obama and Biden as a 5 on a scale of 10, how would you rate the above? Rate as a 0 for any you don't consider rude.

I suspect your answers would be quite interesting, that is if you answer.

Blackstone
11-30-2011, 12:04 AM
If you dont get it and i can see you dont why BOTHER

Why don't you just answer the question?

Blackstone
11-30-2011, 12:42 AM
I too think tht it was somewhat rude to Boo. A better approach would have been to maintain complete silence when they said "Gentlemen, start your engines". Better yet would have been for the drivers to wait 30 seconds before starting their engines. To bad either or both of these responses could not have been organized.

This thread did make me think of other situations that you might rate as to degree of rudeness.

1: On a lat night talk show on NBC, Michele Bachmann was greeted to a song containing "lying bitch" as she enter the stage.

2: Anne Coulter had to leave the stage at Columbia University as a result of booing by the crowd.

3: Carl Rove was ridiculed as he was making a speech to a conservative group by a group who broke into the meeting.

4: Blocking those who worked on Wall Street, including those who had retail business who had nothing to do with Wall Street.

6: Last but not lease, Trent Lott was booed while giving a eulogy at the funeral of Paul Wellstone, who was a close personal friend.

If you rate booing of Mrs Obama and Biden as a 5 on a scale of 10, how would you rate the above? Rate as a 0 for any you don't consider rude.

I’m not going to take the time to rank each situation on a degree of rudeness. Obviously, most of them were rude and uncalled for. However, I suspect Obama walking out on Prime Minister Netanyahu was more of a bargaining ploy than anything else. As far as Trent Lott goes, I have nothing but disdain for him, but I still wouldn’t have booed him.

But, what does any of this have to do with NASCAR fans booing Michelle Obama and Jill Biden? Does it make it okay because other crowds have booed Republicans? Is it turn about is fair play? Does one rude act justify the other? All it shows me is there are a lot of rude and uncouth people in this country.

charly_t
11-30-2011, 01:35 AM

Interesting list. Number 6 is the kind of thing that just seems all wrong to me. Protesting at funerals or other functions concerning dead people just seems terribly wrong to me. It hurts family and friends who should not be hurt in that way. We had some of the westboro ( spelling in ? ) church members in our town protesting a little over a week ago. They were not allowed close to the soldier's funeral or the route to his resting place. OK passed a law to control protests close to funerals and the routes afterward. Worked really well. One place of business made the mistake of saying something to some of the bikers in their parking lot but otherwise there was no trouble. Police chief said they had to protect the group from westboro as it was the law but they did not have to like them :-)

BonMallari
11-30-2011, 01:45 AM
Rudeness abounds in many forms and is justified under the veil of free speech..heck it appears here on the RTF with amazing regularity..its also further proof that the absence of the family to teach our kids some of the social graces are eroding at an alarming rate..Personally would not have booed the ladies and opted for the silent protest up and until the colors were unfurled and the anthem was played

charly_t
11-30-2011, 01:45 AM
I’m not going to take the time to rank each situation on a degree of rudeness. Obviously, most of them were rude and uncalled for. However, I suspect Obama walking out on Prime Minister Netanyahu was more of a bargaining ploy than anything else..............

If our president can do this then others feel free to do so also. He should
display better manners than that. I doubt that it was a bargaining ploy as Obama has made his feelings abundantly clear before this. He is rude to some people but he bows to others ( I think not ).............not the way a president of the USA should act.

charly_t
11-30-2011, 01:55 AM
Rudeness abounds in many forms and is justified under the veil of free speech..heck it appears here on the RTF with amazing regularity..its also further proof that the absence of the family to teach our kids some of the social graces are eroding at an alarming rate..Personally would not have booed the ladies and opted for the silent protest up and until the colors were unfurled and the anthem was played

Agree 100%. One wonders if Obama's advisers sent the ladies just because it was felt that they would have been received with better graces. One also wonders if the two ladies thought up "the help for those military families" thing or if it was PR thing.

caryalsobrook
11-30-2011, 05:48 AM
I’m not going to take the time to rank each situation on a degree of rudeness. Obviously, most of them were rude and uncalled for. However, I suspect Obama walking out on Prime Minister Netanyahu was more of a bargaining ploy than anything else. As far as Trent Lott goes, I have nothing but disdain for him, but I still wouldn’t have booed him.

But, what does any of this have to do with NASCAR fans booing Michelle Obama and Jill Biden? Does it make it okay because other crowds have booed Republicans? Is it turn about is fair play? Does one rude act justify the other? All it shows me is there are a lot of rude and uncouth people in this country.

The President walking out on Netanyahu was a bargaining plot.:rolleyes: Hell RUDENESS IS ALWAYS A BARGAINING PLOY, be it an attempt to gain some advantage or to show that they have all the advantge, an example being Gen. McArthur's refusal to shake hands with the Japanese who sign the surrender.

Your answer is typical of human nature. You ask what other rude acts have to do with the Nascar incident. Most people be they liberal or conservative are horified when someone or some idea is treated disrespectfully by another while at the same time, making excuses when disrespect is shown toward someone or some idea that they do not respect. You like most of us exhibit the same attitude. One side point about your answer: You said "MOST were acts of rudeness". It would be interesting to know which you thought were not rude. Nevermind, I do not expect a straight answer, anymore than I expected an answer to my initial question.

Blackstone
11-30-2011, 10:00 AM
The President walking out on Netanyahu was a bargaining plot.:rolleyes: Hell RUDENESS IS ALWAYS A BARGAINING PLOY, be it an attempt to gain some advantage or to show that they have all the advantge, an example being Gen. McArthur's refusal to shake hands with the Japanese who sign the surrender.

Your answer is typical of human nature. You ask what other rude acts have to do with the Nascar incident. Most people be they liberal or conservative are horified when someone or some idea is treated disrespectfully by another while at the same time, making excuses when disrespect is shown toward someone or some idea that they do not respect. You like most of us exhibit the same attitude. One side point about your answer: You said "MOST were acts of rudeness". It would be interesting to know which you thought were not rude. Nevermind, I do not expect a straight answer, anymore than I expected an answer to my initial question.

You got straight answer the first time. I said "MOST" because of what I read about Obama walking out on Netanyahu. According to the reports I read, they were in the midst of contentious discussions and negotiations over a new East Jerusalem housing settlement project. Obama presented him with a list of demands designed to resolve the issue. Netanyahu balked at agreeing to the demands, so Obama walked out, and said, “"I'm going to the residential wing to have dinner with Michelle and the girls." Netanyahu was told to consider the error of his ways. As he left, he said, "I'm still around. Let me know if there is anything new." That sounds like a negotiation tactic to me.

So, for that reason, I could not say “ALL” of the acts you cited were rude. That is the only one I am excluding. I make no excuses for anyone’s action because I like or dislike them. So, don’t speculate about my attitude on issues. If you ask, I’ll tell you. I don’t think I’ve shied away from stating my opinion on this forum before, and I’m not starting now. But, to sit here and rate the degree of rudeness on each act was not something I wanted to spend time on. Hopefully, that is straight forward enough.

road kill
11-30-2011, 10:02 AM
You got straight answer the first time. I said "MOST" because of what I read about Obama walking out on Netanyahu. According to the reports I read, they were in the midst of contentious discussions and negotiations over a new East Jerusalem housing settlement project. Obama presented him with a list of demands designed to resolve the issue. Netanyahu balked at agreeing to the demands, so Obama walked out, and said, “"I'm going to the residential wing to have dinner with Michelle and the girls." Netanyahu was told to consider the error of his ways. As he left, he said, "I'm still around. Let me know if there is anything new." That sounds like a negotiation tactic to me.

So, for that reason, I could not say “ALL” of the acts you cited were rude. That is the only one I am excluding. I make no excuses for anyone’s action because I like or dislike them. So, don’t speculate about my attitude on issues. If you ask, I’ll tell you. I don’t think I’ve shied away from stating my opinion on this forum before, and I’m not starting now. But, to sit here and rate the degree of rudeness on each act was not something I wanted to spend time on. Hopefully, that is straight forward enough.

A very RUDE negotiation tactic.
I believe Netanyahu deserves a little more respect than that.
Maybe you don't.

President Obama is petulance & hubris personified.

RK

luvmylabs23139
11-30-2011, 10:19 AM
[quote=Blackstone;886536]uncouth quote]

First time I seen or heard that word other than from my mom. Until now I honestly thought that word didn't exist in the American version of the English language!:o

luvmylabs23139
11-30-2011, 10:27 AM
So, for that reason, I could not say “ALL” of the acts you cited were rude..

One of Michelle's really rude acts. Attempting to hug the Queen of Great Britain. Does the woman have any class?:confused:

caryalsobrook
11-30-2011, 11:16 AM

The two key words in your answer are "negotiate" and "demand". Two entirely different meanings. "Demands" leave no room for "negotiations". That reminds me of my son when he was 3 years old and "demanded" that I buy him a candy bar and pitched a fit and started crying when I refused. I'm sure all us have experienced such things when we had children. We would tolerate it from a 3 year old but from the POTUS?? I think not.

Blackstone
11-30-2011, 11:54 AM
If our president can do this then others feel free to do so also. He should
display better manners than that. I doubt that it was a bargaining ploy as Obama has made his feelings abundantly clear before this. He is rude to some people but he bows to others ( I think not ).............not the way a president of the USA should act.

Walking out of negotiations is a common negotiation ploy. It is not exclusive to Obama. In the private sector, management often walks out on union negotiators and vice versa. NFL owners walked out on negotiations with the NFL Players Association. The NBA owners walked out of negotiations with the NBA Players Association. Didn’t the Republicans, led by Eric Cantor, walk out on debt ceiling negotiations? Pres. Reagan walked out on negotiations with Gorbachev at the Reykjavík Summit? This is nothing new in this.

road kill
11-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Walking out of negotiations is a common negotiation ploy. It is not exclusive to Obama. In the private sector, management often walks out on union negotiators and vice versa. NFL owners walked out on negotiations with the NFL Players Association. The NBA owners walked out of negotiations with the NBA Players Association. Didn’t the Republicans, led by Eric Cantor, walk out on debt ceiling negotiations? Pres. Reagan walked out on negotiations with Gorbachev at the Reykjavík Summit? This is nothing new in this.
Are you equating the relationship between the USA and USSR in those days to the relatinship the USA has (had) with Israel today?

Interesting.

Perhaps it's one thing to walk out on an enemy and an entirely different thing to walk out on an allie!!

RK

Blackstone
11-30-2011, 12:08 PM
The two key words in your answer are "negotiate" and "demand". Two entirely different meanings. "Demands" leave no room for "negotiations". That reminds me of my son when he was 3 years old and "demanded" that I buy him a candy bar and pitched a fit and started crying when I refused. I'm sure all us have experienced such things when we had children. We would tolerate it from a 3 year old but from the POTUS?? I think not.

Perhaps you have never negotiated, but there are always demands made during negotiations. When you tell the other side what you want, it is considered a demand.

The difference with your 3 year old was that he was in no position to negotiate. He couldn't force you to buy the candy bar, and he had nothing you wanted bad enough to get you to negotiate for it. If he had, you might have found yourself buying a candy bar.

Blackstone
11-30-2011, 12:13 PM
Are you equating the relationship between the USA and USSR in those days to the relatinship the USA has (had) with Israel today?

Interesting.

Perhaps it's one thing to walk out on an enemy and an entirely different thing to walk out on an allie!!

RK

Nope. I'm not comparing relationships. I'm just talking about negotiating tactics, and walking out of negotiations is a fairly common tactic.

road kill
11-30-2011, 12:18 PM
Nope. I'm not comparing relationships. I'm just talking about negotiating tactics, and walking out of negotiations is a fairly common tactic.

In adversarial relationships, perhaps.

Are Israel and the USA adversaries??

RK

I give, no more for me to say here, you have the last word on this one.

And.....I do NOT approve of booing the First Lady or the Second Lady, but I only answer for myself!

Blackstone
11-30-2011, 12:36 PM
One of Michelle's really rude acts. Attempting to hug the Queen of Great Britain. Does the woman have any class?:confused:

What does that have to do with showing disrespect to NACAR fans? Is the Queen a big NASCAR fan?

Now, as far as Michelle Obama being rude by attempting to hug the Queen of Great Britain. First, it wasn’t really a hug. Michelle Obama put her arm around the Queen’s shoulders and back. Now, that may have broken with normal protocol, but it isn’t the first time a foreign dignitary has dared to touch the Queen.

Second, the Queen put her arm around Michelle Obama too. So I ask the same question about her. How dare she touch the First Lady of the United States? Does that woman have any class? :rolleyes:

luvmylabs23139
11-30-2011, 02:41 PM
What does that have to do with showing disrespect to NACAR fans? Is the Queen a big NASCAR fan?

Now, as far as Michelle Obama being rude by attempting to hug the Queen of Great Britain. First, it wasn’t really a hug. Michelle Obama put her arm around the Queen’s shoulders and back. Now, that may have broken with normal protocol, but it isn’t the first time a foreign dignitary has dared to touch the Queen.

Second, the Queen put her arm around Michelle Obama too. So I ask the same question about her. How dare she touch the First Lady of the United States? Does that woman have any class? :rolleyes:

YOu asked for an example of one of Michelle's rude acts and I gave one. You did not say it had to be in respect to NAscar. As I previously stated though her whole statement about the first time in her life she was proud of the USA was when her husband was running for President was RUDE to the entire country.
BY the way her whole food police crap does not go down with people in the south. Don't mess with good ole' fried food etc. Really, she needs to shut up and stay out of our restaurants and kitchens.

caryalsobrook
11-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Perhaps you have never negotiated, but there are always demands made during negotiations. When you tell the other side what you want, it is considered a demand.

The difference with your 3 year old was that he was in no position to negotiate. He couldn't force you to buy the candy bar, and he had nothing you wanted bad enough to get you to negotiate for it. If he had, you might have found yourself buying a candy bar.

Perhaps I am a stickler for the true definition. "Demand" is to REQUIRE. "Negotiate" is to reach a settlement. When a policeman demands to see your driver's license and proof of insurance, he is not looking to negotiate. He is not looking for a settlement, he is requiring you to present both or face the consequences as in no negotiation. Yes unions often talk of presenting their "demands" for negotiation but the fact is that if they are negotiable then they are not actually demands. If that difference was confusing to you, then I misunderstood.

As far as presenting demands or presenting items to be negotiated, I do have some experience. Having served on the county board of health, we presented demands to the citizens in the form of ordinances for which there were consequences for their violation. Also having passed ordinances, I was involved with other board members as well as the citizens of the county in the formation and approval of these ordinances.

Having been a menber of the Chamber of Commerce and at one time the president, again I was involved in both negotiation and demands. Negotiating membership dues structure based on the type of membership and the demand of the membership to pay dues based of the structure comes to mind.

Having served on the Board of Directors of the Carey Counciling Center, a nonprofit organization responsible for pschiactric counciling for patients for the northwest part of West Tennessee, employing about 50 Md's, 6 pharmacists, as well as numerous suppor personel, I did have some experience in both negotiating certain agendas and demanding certain functions.

There were other experiences but that should give you some idea. Maybe it will also help you understand why I differentiate between "negotiating" and "demanding", nor can I remember ever walking out of a meeting or having someone who I was negotiating walk out of a meeting. I have had meetings adjourned when it was apparent that no resolution was going to be reached at the meeting but I have never had anybody just walk out. But then again, I have never been in a meeting with someone who acted like a 3 year old.

charly_t
11-30-2011, 03:09 PM

I hardly think that talking with a leader from another country can be compared to talks between labor and a company in this country or even between two businesses in this country. It is not the same thing. You have to use some judgement about who you are dealing with and manners in this case are very important.

caryalsobrook
11-30-2011, 03:27 PM
I hardly think that talking with a leader from another country can be compared to talks between labor and a company in this country or even between two businesses in this country. It is not the same thing. You have to use some judgement about who you are dealing with and manners in this case are very important.

Sorry Charly, you don't have to use judgement. Just ask Obama, he is living proof you don't have to use judgement.

charly_t
11-30-2011, 03:37 PM
Sorry Charly, you don't have to use judgement. Just ask Obama, he is living proof you don't have to use judgement.

I notice this in a lot of people nowdays. Grandkids worry me. Great grandkids aren't old enough for me to judge them yet ! Bullies everywhere also. Obama missed a few lessons somewhere along life's way. I'm afraid he isn't picking up any manners either.

Blackstone
11-30-2011, 04:20 PM
Perhaps I am a stickler for the true definition. "Demand" is to REQUIRE. "Negotiate" is to reach a settlement. When a policeman demands to see your driver's license and proof of insurance, he is not looking to negotiate. He is not looking for a settlement, he is requiring you to present both or face the consequences as in no negotiation. Yes unions often talk of presenting their "demands" for negotiation but the fact is that if they are negotiable then they are not actually demands. If that difference was confusing to you, then I misunderstood.

As far as presenting demands or presenting items to be negotiated, I do have some experience. Having served on the county board of health, we presented demands to the citizens in the form of ordinances for which there were consequences for their violation. Also having passed ordinances, I was involved with other board members as well as the citizens of the county in the formation and approval of these ordinances.

Having been a menber of the Chamber of Commerce and at one time the president, again I was involved in both negotiation and demands. Negotiating membership dues structure based on the type of membership and the demand of the membership to pay dues based of the structure comes to mind.

Having served on the Board of Directors of the Carey Counciling Center, a nonprofit organization responsible for pschiactric counciling for patients for the northwest part of West Tennessee, employing about 50 Md's, 6 pharmacists, as well as numerous suppor personel, I did have some experience in both negotiating certain agendas and demanding certain functions.

There were other experiences but that should give you some idea. Maybe it will also help you understand why I differentiate between "negotiating" and "demanding", nor can I remember ever walking out of a meeting or having someone who I was negotiating walk out of a meeting. I have had meetings adjourned when it was apparent that no resolution was going to be reached at the meeting but I have never had anybody just walk out. But then again, I have never been in a meeting with someone who acted like a 3 year old.

Since you are differentiating between the two terms, a “demand” is actually an urgent or emphatic request, not a requirement. A requirement is something that must be done. The only time you can “require” a demand be met is if you have the ability to force someone to comply with the demand, like in your policeman example. Outside of that, all demands are negotiable.

In a negotiation, you state your demands. That doesn't mean you will get what you demanded. You try to negotiate a settlement to those demands. Obviously, Obama could not force Israel to stop building the new settlement, so he presented Netanyahu with a list of demands to resolve the situation. Then they negotiated in an attempt to reach a settlement to the situation. Some of the demands were likely met, and others probably weren’t.

You may have never been involved in a negotiation where one of the parties walked out of the negotiation, but it happens all the time. In my former job, it has happened in 2 negotiations I was involved with. In fact, one of the parties walked out twice on the negotiations.

Blackstone
11-30-2011, 04:29 PM

Charly,

I am not debating whether the tactic was appropriate or not. I only stated that it is a tactic often used in negotiations, and it is. If you only want examples of a leader of a country using that tactic when dealing with a leader from another country, I gave one of those examples as well. And, since none of us was privy to what was going on in that negotiation, we can't actually say with any certainty if it was appropriate or not.

Blackstone
11-30-2011, 04:57 PM
YOu asked for an example of one of Michelle's rude acts and I gave one. You did not say it had to be in respect to NAscar. As I previously stated though her whole statement about the first time in her life she was proud of the USA was when her husband was running for President was RUDE to the entire country.
BY the way her whole food police crap does not go down with people in the south. Don't mess with good ole' fried food etc. Really, she needs to shut up and stay out of our restaurants and kitchens.

The Queen didn’t seem offended, and returned the gesture, so perhaps it wasn’t as rude as you think.

As far as her statement about being proud of this country for the first time, I will not speculate about why she made that statement, but I suspect I know what she meant. Perhaps she could have phrased it differently so as not to offend those that didn’t want to hear it, but it doesn’t mean her reasons weren’t legitimate.

Healthy eating is just a cause she is promoting. She can’t force anyone to give up the foods they like, or eat what she wants you to eat. I don’t see how that is rude. The Surgeon General tries to keep you from smoking, is that rude too?

You just don’t like the woman, and you will try to turn anything she does or says into an issue. You have even gone as far as to make derogatory comments about her body, which, by the way, was pretty rude.

caryalsobrook
11-30-2011, 06:09 PM
Since you are differentiating between the two terms, a “demand” is actually an urgent or emphatic request, not a requirement. A requirement is something that must be done. The only time you can “require” a demand be met is if you have the ability to force someone to comply with the demand, like in your policeman example. Outside of that, all demands are negotiable.

In a negotiation, you state your demands. That doesn't mean you will get what you demanded. You try to negotiate a settlement to those demands. Obviously, Obama could not force Israel to stop building the new settlement, so he presented Netanyahu with a list of demands to resolve the situation. Then they negotiated in an attempt to reach a settlement to the situation. Some of the demands were likely met, and others probably weren’t.

You may have never been involved in a negotiation where one of the parties walked out of the negotiation, but it happens all the time. In my former job, it has happened in 2 negotiations I was involved with. In fact, one of the parties walked out twice on the negotiations.
demand is not a requirement?? Interesting World Book Dictionary states requirement is a synonym for demand.

No, I have never had anyone act like a 3 year old and walk out of a meeting. Walking out of a meeting would not be a good "tactic with me. Somebody try that to be insulting, would cause me to wait quite a while for another meeting which I wold never request. Then the time and place would be of my choice. Otherwise they could stick it where the sun don't shine.

starjack
11-30-2011, 06:14 PM
Why don't you just answer the question?

Post 9.............

caryalsobrook
11-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Post 9.............

He had rather talk about Nascar rudness and Obama tactics. I remember when my Daddy used to say, "treat your enemies with the utmost kindness, then when you put the knofe in their back, they won't feel it so much at first". Kindness as well as rudness are simply just tactics. don't you think?

Blackstone
12-01-2011, 12:25 AM
Post 9.............

Still not be enough to make me act like an idiot and boo them.

Blackstone
12-01-2011, 10:35 AM
demand is not a requirement?? Interesting World Book Dictionary states requirement is a synonym for demand.

No, I have never had anyone act like a 3 year old and walk out of a meeting. Walking out of a meeting would not be a good "tactic with me. Somebody try that to be insulting, would cause me to wait quite a while for another meeting which I wold never request. Then the time and place would be of my choice. Otherwise they could stick it where the sun don't shine.

That is interesting. So, when your 3 year old “demanded” you buy him candy, you were “required” to do it?

There is a difference between a synonym and a definition. And, there is a difference between “demand” as a verb and “demand” as a noun.

luvmylabs23139
12-01-2011, 11:14 AM

Are you defending Michelle's comments?
Responding to her actions is hardly acting like an idiot. Rather it is expressing how you feel about her disgusting attitude.
Why should anyone be denied the right to free speach just because it happens to be her???

caryalsobrook
12-01-2011, 11:24 AM
That is interesting. So, when your 3 year old “demanded” you buy him candy, you were “required” to do it?

There is a difference between a synonym and a definition. And, there is a difference between “demand” as a verb and “demand” as a noun.

"Demand"- to REQUIRE.

Comes to an advertisement for a dog that I once saw.

"Dog for sale $1000.00, price FIRM or OBO.

I'm sure that makes sense to you.

Blackstone
12-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Are you defending Michelle's comments?

Nowhere did I attempt to defend her comment. I made it clear in an earlier post that I would not speculate on why she made that statement.

Responding to her actions is hardly acting like an idiot. Rather it is expressing how you feel about her disgusting attitude.
Why should anyone be denied the right to free speach just because it happens to be her???

Yet, you seek to deny her the right to free speech because you didn't like her and didn't like what she had to say.

luvmylabs23139
12-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Nowhere did I attempt to defend her comment. I made it clear in an earlier post that I would not speculate on why she made that statement.

Yet, you seek to deny her the right to free speech because you didn't like her and didn't like what she had to say.

I do not deny her the right to free speech however one should accept that their opinion may not be what the majority agree with and critisism of the comment should be allowed.
Somehow anyone that did that was accusing of something.
I find her comment offensive and that should have been the final nail in the coffin for Obama getting elected. Of course it is considered bad PC to state the facts.

Blackstone
12-01-2011, 11:58 AM
"Demand"- to REQUIRE.

Comes to an advertisement for a dog that I once saw.

"Dog for sale $1000.00, price FIRM or OBO.

I'm sure that makes sense to you.

Not really, but have it your way. I'm done with it.

Blackstone
12-01-2011, 12:12 PM
I do not deny her the right to free speech however one should accept that their opinion may not be what the majority agree with and critisism of the comment should be allowed.
Somehow anyone that did that was accusing of something.
I find her comment offensive and that should have been the final nail in the coffin for Obama getting elected. Of course it is considered bad PC to state the facts.

They were allowed to boo. There were no repercussions for their actions. It was just rude, in my opinion.

I'm reasonably sure she had her reasons for her comment. If it felt like an accusation, perhaps there was a reason for it. But, only she can clarify her intent. However, I sincerely doubt that comment will prove to be the nail in Obama's re-election coffin, especially since she made that statement back in 2008 before Obama was elected.

starjack
12-01-2011, 02:48 PM
REALLY NOW THERE IDIOTS:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cowtown
12-01-2011, 04:26 PM

I thought Ms. Obama saying for the first time in her life she was proud of America when her husband was inaugurated was rude and showed a lack of class.

Because you disagree with someone expressing their opinion of her position it doesn't make it rude or show a lack of class...that is unless you don't agree with the principles this Nation was founded upon.

starjack
12-01-2011, 04:43 PM
They were allowed to boo. There were no repercussions for their actions. It was just rude, in my opinion.

I'm reasonably sure she had her reasons for her comment. If it felt like an accusation, perhaps there was a reason for it. But, only she can clarify her intent. However, I sincerely doubt that comment will prove to be the nail in Obama's re-election coffin, especially since she made that statement back in 2008 before Obama was elected.

Who cares when she said it she is a american and that was the first time she was proud. Bet you she is real proud of it on vaction time.

Blackstone
12-05-2011, 10:36 AM
REALLY NOW THERE IDIOTS:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

"There" idiots? :confused:

luvmylabs23139
12-05-2011, 10:43 AM
"There" idiots? :confused:

The proper grammer is " they are idiots" The idiots happen to be the Obama's!
Those clowns need to go today not at the next election!:razz::razz::razz:

Blackstone
12-05-2011, 10:49 AM
I thought Ms. Obama saying for the first time in her life she was proud of America when her husband was inaugurated was rude and showed a lack of class.

Because you disagree with someone expressing their opinion of her position it doesn't make it rude or show a lack of class...that is unless you don't agree with the principles this Nation was founded upon.

Yet, you judge her as rude and showing a lack of class because you disagree with her expressing her opinion. :confused:

You have the right of free speech and free expression in this country. But, just because you choose to exercise that right, it doesn't preclude the way you express it from being rude. As I said, in my opinion, I thought it was rude. I guess I’m entitled to express my opinion as well. At least I didn’t boo them.

Blackstone
12-05-2011, 10:52 AM

I just found it ironic.

I guess the election will tell. Hope you're still able to laugh if it doesn't go your way.

starjack
12-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Still not be enough to make me act like an idiot and boo them.I will type slow. Do you get it now

Cody Covey
12-05-2011, 02:39 PM

People unable to spell GRAMMAR shouldn't try and correct others grammar.

mjh345
12-05-2011, 03:31 PM

That is so funny, more so since it is once again Luvvy who gets caught of the wrong end of the double standard.
I'd bet her college profs would want to revoke Luvvy's diploma if they read this forum

luvmylabs23139
12-05-2011, 03:31 PM

It would also be helpful for the POTUS to know how many states are in the USA!

Blackstone
12-05-2011, 03:33 PM
I will type slow. Do you get it now

Oh, I got it the first time. The speed with which you type has nothing to do with it. Pehaps you didn't get it.

Cody Covey
12-05-2011, 04:19 PM
It would also be helpful for the POTUS to know how many states are in the USA!

Which has what to do with your hypocrisy?

luvmylabs23139
12-05-2011, 04:22 PM
That is so funny, more so since it is once again Luvvy who gets caught of the wrong end of the double standard.
I'd bet her college profs would want to revoke Luvvy's diploma if they read this forum

Why would they care? I never had to waste my time or money on a college English class. I got that out of the way my senior year in high school with AP English.

Ken Bora
12-05-2011, 04:40 PM
oh gosh,
thank you all for the giggle. I was moping a bit and reading this thread and it's morph into a deleted scene from airplane or Young Frankenstein was very nice. And Lovey, what I love is how when your being slapped around you do not care. Like the honey badger you are, love it.
As for the boooos. Guys, Remember that time President Bush got booooed by the group of tree huggers in Washington State? Nobody got in an uproar, it was almost expected. Should be the same with the "Race Car Girls"
You don't hold raw meat in front of the Wolfe and act shocked when you get your finger nipped.
It should be a non-story.
goofy, they even went!