PDA

View Full Version : Red River Trial Location Change

MarvBaumer
11-26-2011, 08:05 PM
Subject to AKC approval the Dec 9-11 trial is moving to John and Martha Russells property in Valley View Tx.

Amateur stake will now start on Sat. 12/10.

Full details will be available on Entry Express early next week.
Thanks to the Russells for offering their property so that the trial can be held.

moonstonelabs
11-26-2011, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the info Marv. Will there be a map posted?

Bill

BonMallari
11-27-2011, 02:31 AM
Marv; did the Fowlers lose the water in their tanks, how about the Edwards property, are their tanks dry ...

Marv Baumer
11-27-2011, 06:39 AM
There will be directions to Russells posted on Entry Express in the revised premium.
Keep checking EE for complete info as to motels etc.

The soil conditions at Fowlers and Edwards have improved with the recent rains . However there are still some cracks in the ground and the club wont risk running there until the grounds are back to normal. If the soil continues to improve they should be good for the March trial.

Water levels are down but still very usable. Its the land thats the issue.

Entrys close Tuesday.

Marv Baumer
11-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Premium has been updated to reflect all changes.

pam ingham
11-29-2011, 03:53 PM
Just a note about lodging- there is a fairly new hotel in VV and i don't thiink they are dog friendly. Basically there is no place to eat other than the DQ ( which is a very bad DQ) however 10 minutes up the road in Gainesville, there are a lot more choices in lodging and food right on I-35; besides the obligatory fast food (Wendy's, Mc D, subways) etc) they have a cracker barrel, applebees, chilis, ihop, etc. also on 35 and a wal-mart for other stuff on hwy 82. Also in Valley View the service roads on either side of I-35 are two way so be careful.

Old School Labs
11-29-2011, 05:55 PM
The Motel 6 in Valley View is dog friendly, fairly new, and very close to Hockley Creek exit. Not sure if EE discount still works for Motel 6 or not. Stayed there for a week last April while at Judy Aycock's without problems. Agree, Gainsville has a lot more and better choices for food. Sanger is another option for food and lodging and say HI to Dr Ed when there.

pam ingham
11-29-2011, 06:17 PM
By not dog friendly - not good airing areas - surrounded by roads on all sides.