PDA

View Full Version : Cain's out

WRL
12-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Just came across the new....Cain is out of the race.

WRL

BonMallari
12-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Sorry to see him go, he was my choice....

charly_t
12-03-2011, 02:41 PM
I was leaning toward Cain till he said the first two women's claims had not happened. Not saying that the women were telling the truth though. Just concerned me that he seemed to be less than up front about what law suits were brought. I was thinking that we needed a president who knew the business world. I still think we need a good business man and I don't mean mean a crooked banker etc.

Hew
12-03-2011, 03:04 PM
That bodes well for Gingrich.

M&K's Retrievers
12-03-2011, 03:19 PM
While I hate to see the media drive him out through unproven accusations, I was growing weary of the constant coverage. I'm equally sure that had this been happening to a popular Dem candidate, the accusations would have been buried and the accusers trashed.

gmhr1
12-03-2011, 03:32 PM
Everyone forgets he admitted the last claim was true he didnt admit an affair but he admitted giving her money and not telling his wife. He dropped out before the rest of the women come forward and video surfaces of him and Ginger try expalining that to your wife. He was stupid to ever run and not think the dirt would follow him Glad hes gone.

Blackstone
12-05-2011, 09:32 AM
If he was innocent of the sexual harassment charges, I feel bad for him.

road kill
12-05-2011, 09:43 AM
If he was innocent of the sexual harassment charges, I feel bad for him.
There is probably some degree of truth in that there was some kind of contact=relations between these people.

But I am skeptical when Allred and others get involved.

Again, I don't think he would won the nomination.
He did affect the conversation.
I think he was honest and straightforward.

To a fault.
I liked him.

One thing to think of.
If you vote against Obama, dislike Obama's ideas or policy, or have anything negative to say or think about anything Obama;

YOU'RE A RACIST!!!

Cain took that card out of play.
Now that he has been destroyed, page 1 of the progressive playbook is back in the conversation.:cool:

Pretty simple, really........

RK

BTW-I read he is endorsing Gingrich

Gerry Clinchy
12-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Everyone forgets he admitted the last claim was true he didnt admit an affair but he admitted giving her money and not telling his wife. He dropped out before the rest of the women come forward and video surfaces of him and Ginger try expalining that to your wife. He was stupid to ever run and not think the dirt would follow him Glad hes gone.

I will neither acquit nor indict Cain based on the court of public opinion, with incomplete facts.

I would agree that he should have known better than to think these allegations would not come out ... even if they were false. He was not prepared. That might not be a good quality for the potential leader of the free world.

I had respect for the fact that Cain came from humble roots & worked hard to fulfill his potential. I don't think Obama had to work nearly as hard as Cain to achieve.

Blackstone
12-05-2011, 10:50 AM
There is probably some degree of truth in that there was some kind of contact=relations between these people.

But I am skeptical when Allred and others get involved.

Again, I don't think he would won the nomination.
He did affect the conversation.
I think he was honest and straightforward.

To a fault.
I liked him.

I also thought he brought something different and thought provoking to the conversation. Perhaps that's why he scared some of his critics. They are happier with the status quo.

One thing to think of.
If you vote against Obama, dislike Obama's ideas or policy, or have anything negative to say or think about anything Obama;

YOU'RE A RACIST!!!

Cain took that card out of play.
Now that he has been destroyed, page 1 of the progressive playbook is back in the conversation.:cool:

Pretty simple, really........

Cain didn’t exactly take that card out of play. Despite his claim that, "I don't believe racism in this country today holds anybody back in a big way," he played the race card as soon as he found himself under fire. During his TV interview with Charles Krauthammer, when asked whether race, and being a strong black conservative, has anything to do with the fact you've been charged with sexual harassment, Cain answered “YES.” Cain went on to admitted he had no evidence of a racially motivated conspiracy against him. But said, "based upon our speculation, race is a bigger driving factor" among his critics on the left. I found it interesting that Conservatives didn’t try to tear him apart for playing the race card.

That being said, I'm sorry he had to leave the race the way he did. I think the charges of sexual harassment are serious if he used his position to pressure women into having sex. However, the alleged extramarital affair is not as big of an issue to me. If he cheated on his wife, that’s a personal issue between the 2 of them. As long as it doesn’t impact his ability to run the country, I’m not really worried about it. It’s the same way I feel about Newt’s personal history.

road kill
12-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Cain didn’t exactly take that card out of play. Despite his claim that, "I don't believe racism in this country today holds anybody back in a big way," he played the race card as soon as he found himself under fire. During his TV interview with Charles Krauthammer, when asked whether race, and being a strong black conservative, has anything to do with the fact you've been charged with sexual harassment, Cain answered “YES.” Cain went on to admitted he had no evidence of a racially motivated conspiracy against him. But said, "based upon our speculation, race is a bigger driving factor" among his critics on the left. I found it interesting that Conservatives didn’t try to tear him apart for playing the race card.

Yeah, the progressives would never do anything like that, right?:rolleyes:

RK

Golddogs
12-05-2011, 11:27 AM
Cain was a chucklehead and had no positives that would make him a good POTUS.

Good grief!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't we do better than that? I find it fasinating that we cannot find a qualified, decent person to run against the incumbant.

Newt's not the answer. He carries way to much baggage. Bachman, please. She has become a cartoon and is way too polarizing.

I would like to hear more positives from Paul and Romney. I am sick of all the negatives. The new head of the IMF has it correct, if we, the US, can't stop eating our own, pulling out of the global mess we are in will be almost immpossible. Somehow we need to elect people who can work together to fix this mess. Not going so good as it stands.

I'll have a slice to go please, regards

captainjack
12-05-2011, 11:46 AM
I would agree that he should have known better than to think these allegations would not come out ... even if they were false. He was not prepared. That might not be a good quality for the potential leader of the free world.
Really?

John Edwards fathered a child. It didn't come out.
Arnold Swartzenager fathered a child. It didn't come out.
Bill Clinton had a miriad of accusations against him of things way worse than Cain is reported to have done. It did come out, but the media and voters said none of that stuff matters.
Obama had many accusations against him (only one of which I am aware of was related to sexual conduct) which the media and voters ignored.
Marion Barry was caught on video smoking crack with a prostitute and did jail time.

Two of these men were elected President, One was elected Governor, One was the Democratic VP nominee, One was re-elected Mayor.

History has shown that many things either don't come out or, if they do come out, the voters (at least the democratic voters) ignore them.

captainjack
12-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Somehow we need to elect people who can work together to fix this mess. ...

I'm fairly certain working together is what got us in to this mess. Just saying...

Jason Glavich
12-05-2011, 12:16 PM
Cain said 2 things that I found funny and very true.

If you're poor it's your fault or something to that effect( dont feel like looking for the exact phrase)

And my favorite

"Stupid people are ruining America!"

He at least spoke his mind then backtracked after getting in trouble, at least you had a clue what was going on in his mind. A real thought not just a talking point like his 999 plan. Not a planned answer to every possible question, a real answer was nice even if it was far fetched or wrong or plain crazy

Buzz
12-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Really?

Obama had many accusations against him (only one of which I am aware of was related to sexual conduct) which the media and voters ignored.
Marion Barry was caught on video smoking crack with a prostitute and did jail time.

Two of these men were elected President, One was elected Governor, One was the Democratic VP nominee, One was re-elected Mayor.

History has shown that many things either don't come out or, if they do come out, the voters (at least the democratic voters) ignore them.

Cain would have never dropped out over this news coming out if not for his drop in the polls and his inability to raise money.

Interestingly enough, a lot of those abandoning Cain seem to be going to Newt. A guy who likely makes Cain look like a saint in his personal life and who makes Cain, a guy who earned his living as a Washington Lobbyist an outsider.

road kill
12-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Cain would have never dropped out over this news coming out if not for his drop in the polls and his inability to raise money.

Interestingly enough, a lot of those abandoning Cain seem to be going to Newt. A guy who likely makes Cain look like a saint in his personal life and who makes Cain, a guy who earned his living as a Washington Lobbyist an outsider.

FWIW: I do NOT like Newt.
He is a progressive.

RK

Blackstone
12-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Yeah, the progressives would never do anything like that, right?:rolleyes:

RK

Just pointing out the facts!

BonMallari
12-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Really??

Seems more like YOUR opinion and speculation.

If YOUR facts are correct, where are the race pimps?
Why aren't they sticking up for Cain?

Don't embarrass yourself trying to spin an answer, it's a rhetorical question.

RK

they are in the same spot that the womens groups were when Sarah Palin was being abused by the media, or even when Bachmann was ridiculed on the Jimmy Fallon Show...but if that had happened to Ms Obama or Hillary, you can bet your behind they would be calling for someones head about the outrage

road kill
12-05-2011, 01:01 PM
they are in the same spot that the womens groups were when Sarah Palin was being abused by the media, or even when Bachmann was ridiculed on the Jimmy Fallon Show...but if that had happened to Ms Obama or Hillary, you can bet your behind they would be calling for someones head about the outrage

Blackstone would be calling them rude idiots!!!:shock:

RK

gmhr1
12-05-2011, 01:03 PM
I dont really like any of them I'm afraid with a group like this we will see Obama back for 4 yrs, that thought makes me sick!

road kill
12-05-2011, 01:04 PM
I dont really like any of them I'm afraid with a group like this we will see Obama back for 4 yrs, that thought makes me sick!

Who you got??

RK

Blackstone
12-05-2011, 02:42 PM
Really??

Seems more like YOUR opinion and speculation.

If YOUR facts are correct, where are the race pimps?
Why aren't they sticking up for Cain?

Don't embarrass yourself trying to spin an answer, it's a rhetorical question.

RK

It's not my opinion, and there's no need for me to spin anything. His statements are a matter of record. Are you telling me he didn't try to make race an issue? I'm not sure who the "race pimps" are. Should there be someone standing up for Cain just because he's black?

Blackstone
12-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Really??

RK

Nope. That's not a term I use to describe anyone.