PDA

View Full Version : thinking of a MTCK

Chris Videtto
12-07-2011, 09:23 AM
I'm considering a good dog box. Looking into a 3 hole box with front drawer from Mountain top. I currently have 2 dogs but you never know, another could come my way. Should I also consider a 4-6 hole topper since I am close to that price??? thoughts????

Thanks,

chris

KC Steve
12-07-2011, 10:30 AM
I have a 2 hole with top storage built to my specs from MTCK. Great outfit to work with have had mine 3-4 years without issue, great quality and met fabrication schedule.

Hope this helps

Howard
12-07-2011, 10:44 AM
I have a 4 hole topper from MTCK, great unit, well built and excellent people to work with, I highly recommend them, whichever unit you decide to go with.

Howard

mikeg
12-07-2011, 01:35 PM
I have a 2 hole with front storage,water,fan and had oversize bottom storage drawers for winger storage built. First class box and 1st class quality.

Pudelpointer
12-07-2011, 03:31 PM
I have a two hole slide in with fan/water and bottom storage, I have had it for over a year and it is as good as the day I picked it up. Great people to work with. I would suggest you go with the 3 hole, even if you do not have a third dog it is good for storage. I would think the topper is much more expensive and you lose your pickup bed completely. There is not much room left in the bed of my truck with the slide in but I can still fit a crate sideways or other stuff. Plus if you really have to you can remove the slide in from your bed. Whatever you buy from them you will be happy!

I live in NY and the ride down to VA to pick it up was not terrible.

mlp
12-13-2011, 06:33 PM
I am also thinking of a 2 hole from them. I haven't seen one up close other than the pics on their website. I have looked at some other cheeper brands and they rattle like crazy. Has anyone had any rattling/noise issues with yours?

WindyCreek
12-14-2011, 02:13 PM
I have a 3 hole MTCK slide in with storage drawer on the bottom. I bought it used from a previous owner who had used it for over three years and have used it myself for over two years including a recent trip with it to South Dakota. No issues and no rattlilng from the unit.

Chris Videtto
12-15-2011, 08:32 AM
Thanks for all the input....

Chris

2tall
12-15-2011, 10:23 AM
Chris, GET THE 3 HOLE!!!!!! I have a 2 hole with bottom storage and fan. We have had it for almost 4 years now and it is just as good as new. No noise, dogs stay comfortable in both extremes of hot and cold. The only problem with it is that now we have 3 dogs. One has to ride in the truck;)

MIChessies
12-18-2011, 10:56 PM
I just picked up my MTCK three hole slide in with drawer system. I absolutely love it. You would not believe the storage room in the drawers. I only have two dogs but intend to use the third hole for storage until the next dog comes along. You will not be disappointed. John is just great to work with.

Chris Videtto
12-19-2011, 07:59 AM
I choose to go with the 3 hole with front drawer storage, airing lights, fan and water! Should be ready for pick up in January! I can't wait!!!! Thanks again for all of the input!

Chris

Margo Ellis
01-28-2012, 06:28 AM
Used to have a four hole topper on my F150 1/2 ton, it really was too heavy for my truck once it was loaded with dogs, equipment and supplies.

If I was to do it again I would go with a three hole but my only concern is keeping my wingers safe, with a winger fit in those drawers?

mikeg
01-28-2012, 02:37 PM
I carry 3 "Sun of a Gun's" in my MT drawer.Love it.It would hold more.

DKR
01-28-2012, 03:00 PM
Have you looked at Deerskin?

My opinion a much better box.

Chris Videtto
02-01-2012, 04:47 PM
DKR,

Thanks.....I looked at them all including Deerskin, Ainley, Creative, Crow River ...and MTCK....I think that you can't really go wrong with any so no disrespect to the others, just choose MTCK and very happy thus far!!!

Chris