PDA

View Full Version : Recession Hits LSU V Bama Ticket Sales! gdg

Franco
12-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Cheap seats going for a bargain low of $1,300 each and a suite only cost in the six fugures!

$1,300 just for 'cheap seats' for LSU vs. 'Bama

Chris Miller Reporting

We are one month and a day away from LSU vs. Alabama for the BCS crown, right here in New Orleans. Despite some complaints about the low-scoring 9-6 Tigers win over the Tide last month, anticipation for this game seems to be even greater than the last one.

"This game is definitely trending higher than years past and were seeing overwhelmingly high demand," said Joellen Ferrer with StubHub.com. "We expect that high demand to continue simply because it's such a huge match-up."

Ferrer says tickets to the sold-out game on their web site start around $1,300 and average around $2,000. And do you want a luxury suite? Better be prepared to shell out in the six figures per ticket.

So who is buying the tickets? Ferrer says so far, it appears to be more LSU fans than 'Bama backers.

"About 31 percent of our buyers are from Louisiana, compared to about 25 percent from Alabama," she said. "It's pretty close but Louisiana fans still edge out the Alabama fans."

M&K's Retrievers
12-08-2011, 10:47 AM

So who is buying the tickets? Ferrer says so far, it appears to be more LSU fans than 'Bama backers.

....."

Duh!! It's a home game.

Franco
12-08-2011, 11:03 AM
As much as I love LSU Football, I can think of a bunch of things I'd rather spend my money on especially when I can sit in front of a fireplace, eased back in my Lazy-Boy and only a few steps from my frig and bathroom watching it on the big screen TV!

Now, if the tickets cost the same as what I just paid for George Strait tickets, I'd be more inclined to go to the game. ;-)

caryalsobrook
12-08-2011, 11:17 AM
As much as I love LSU Football, I can think of a bunch of things I'd rather spend my money on especially when I can sit in front of a fireplace, eased back in my Lazy-Boy and only a few steps from my frig and bathroom watching it on the big screen TV!

Now, if the tickets cost the same as what I just paid for George Strait tickets, I'd be more inclined to go to the game. ;-)

These days which is the mot important, the fridg,bathroom or the lazyboy?:)

Franco
12-08-2011, 11:24 AM
These days which is the mot important, the fridg,bathroom or the lazyboy?:)

The bathroom with the TV!;-)

caryalsobrook
12-08-2011, 11:27 AM
The bathroom with the TV!;-)

I thought so!:p