PDA

View Full Version : Did ya Just see the debate? give a sentence?

Ken Bora
12-15-2011, 11:05 PM
Did ya Just see the debate? give a sentence?
So I get home from work and feed the dogs and air up and come in and check messages and then sit down with a cold one and lo and behold the republican debate is just coming on, on Fox News (fair and balanced)! I got to sit and watch the hole thing. Did anyone else? Lets give one line to what we think of each candidate.

Ken Bora
12-15-2011, 11:22 PM
Michelle - She is an angry girl. And asking for a rebuttal just to say her facts are not wrong don't help.
Ron Paul - Gosh I end up agreeing with a bunch of things he says but cant get over how much he looks like the ventriloquist dummy of that Dunham feller on the comedy channel.
Mitt - Didn't I buy a pick up truck from him?
Newt - Folk say he is the smartest guy in the room. WOW. Naming the number of Judges Jefferson fired and quoting the federalist papers is my kind of guy. But liking being the smartest guy in the room..... is kind of a turn off. Don't know what to think about that yet.
Perry - Forrest Gump "I felt like runnin' " and don't get me wrong I love Forrest Gump (Jenny was a HOE!) but I digress. Forrest what honest and true and was a stand up guy. But I don't know if he should be commander in chief
Sanitarium - Reminds me of my fathers thirds wife's youngest daughters husband. Who I will sit and talk politics with late into the eve when we met at the holidays. Seems like a bright young man. Not as smart a newt.
The last guy. "H" name.... mental block. The ambassador guy. Obviously he did not grab me enough to remember his name.

JDogger
12-15-2011, 11:28 PM
Sorry...there was a debate? I was making tacos. Who won? Newt Romney? Mitt Gingrich? ....Ah, who cares? We all know who the winner will be by default. It doesn't matter who wins, we all lose. JD

BonMallari
12-15-2011, 11:31 PM
it was the most intense, spirited debate, of all of them....Bachmann was in full attack biaaatch mode...Perry came off better than he ever has....and Huntsman is very underrated but too little too late to be effective...did not like the way RP answered or ducked the SCOTUS question..

will watch the replay to see if I missed anything or misinterpreted what I did see

Ken Bora
12-15-2011, 11:34 PM
. Who won? JD
the informed voter of course, for knowledge is power, whom else could ever win?;-)

JDogger
12-15-2011, 11:43 PM
the informed voter of course, for knowledge is power, whom else could ever win?;-)

I somehow don't think I'm allowed to vote in a republican primary...

jess sayin' JD

Ken Bora
12-15-2011, 11:47 PM
I somehow don't think I'm allowed to vote in a republican primary...

jess sayin' JD

are you not a citizen or are you convicted felon?:confused:

JDogger
12-15-2011, 11:52 PM
are you not a citizen or are you convicted felon?:confused:

Lately, I feel like both. :(

BonMallari
12-16-2011, 12:07 AM
I am guessing that NM is a closed primary, and that JD is either a registered independent or a registered democrat

M&K's Retrievers
12-16-2011, 12:51 AM
I am guessing that NM is a closed primary, and that JD is either a registered independent or a registered democrat

My money is on Democrat.

ffrich
12-16-2011, 06:07 AM
My hopes are for Newt or Romney. I love this country too much to allow the current administration to continue to destroy what we have bled for
Rich
SemperFi

Franco
12-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Michelle Bachmann's, "I'm a serious candidate" was amusing.

How about this one?

“In the 1960s, when I was drafted into the military, he got several deferments,” Ron Paul said for Gingrich. “He chose not to go. Now he’ll send our kids to war. At that time, he said that one person wouldn’t make a difference. He didn’t know how he could make a difference? So I see that as important information people should know and how it reflects on him.”

road kill
12-16-2011, 10:16 AM

How about this one?

“In the 1960s, when I was drafted into the military, he got several deferments,” Ron Paul said for Gingrich. “He chose not to go. Now he’ll send our kids to war. At that time, he said that one person wouldn’t make a difference. He didn’t know how he could make a difference? So I see that as important information people should know and how it reflects on him.”
That is a very positive message from RP!!

No anger in there at all..........:rolleyes:

RK

Franco
12-16-2011, 10:26 AM
It wasn't an angry statement! He is just exposing Gingrich for the hypocrite that he is.

PR, Huntsman and Romney have demonstarted over and over that they are the most mid-mannered and gentlemenly of all the candidates.

Cody Covey
12-16-2011, 10:45 AM
It wasn't an angry statement! He is just exposing Gingrich for the hypocrite that he is.

PR, Huntsman and Romney have demonstarted over and over that they are the most mid-mannered and gentlemenly of all the candidates.

Damn Mormons :)

I don't think that really makes him a hypocrite but if thats the way you see it that is fine. I am no supporter of Gingrich myself but don't know how you can equate someone getting a deferment for getting drafted to a volunteer.

Franco
12-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Damn Mormons :)

I don't think that really makes him a hypocrite but if thats the way you see it that is fine. I am no supporter of Gingrich myself but don't know how you can equate someone getting a deferment for getting drafted to a volunteer.

Call me old-fashioned but, I believe that anyone aspiring to be our Commander In Chief should have some military credentials. Especially, those who in the past have supported the invasion of other countries.
I see politicians as the military's worse enemy. Many all to quick to send troops into harms way to fight wars where stratergy is run by politicians.

caryalsobrook
12-16-2011, 12:01 PM
I won't comment on all the candidates, but Michele Bachmann, PLEASE sit down and shut up, PLEASE!:)

road kill
12-16-2011, 12:39 PM
Call me old-fashioned but, I believe that anyone aspiring to be our Commander In Chief should have some military credentials. Especially, those who in the past have supported the invasion of other countries.
I see politicians as the military's worse enemy. Many all to quick to send troops into harms way to fight wars where stratergy is run by politicians.

So, in your mind, being a "flight surgeon" for 2 years is a qualification to be CinC??

OK.......

RK

Franco
12-16-2011, 01:30 PM
So, in your mind, being a "flight surgeon" for 2 years is a qualification to be CinC??

OK.......

RK

Not only does being an officer in the U S Air Force give RP cred, the fact that he's a doctor also gives him cred in tackling the problems with Healthcare, Medicade and Medicare
;-)

Golddogs
12-16-2011, 02:31 PM

.”

Ms Bachman is much like the chicken just dispatched for Sunday dinner. Still running around the barnyard not realizing her time is past being up.

RP was the spunkyest I have seen him. Wish that spirit had come out months ago. Still not sure of him.

Newt always brings up a bit of bile in my throat. Exhibits the worst in politics for me.

Mitt was wise and let the others feed on themselves. Needs to go for the throat after the Iowa vote.

Huntsman is too late to the dance.

Perry is a footnote and no threat.

Still hoping for better regards

Uncle Bill
12-16-2011, 02:40 PM
"It doesn't matter who wins, we all lose." JD

Spoken like a true member of the "club-of-fools". You must be proud of how well your last vote turned out. Bet you can't wait to pull the lever for your messiah again, so it's understandable why you have no concern about who the Republican winner might be.

UB

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but the citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency.
It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency, than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president.
The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us.
Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.
The republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those that made him their President."

JDogger
12-16-2011, 04:28 PM
"The danger to America is not Newt Gingrich, but the citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency.
It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Gingrich presidency, than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president.
The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Gingrich, who is a mere symptom of what ails us.
Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.
The republic can survive a Newt Gingrich. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those that made him their President."

There are fools waiting in the wings Bill, and there is no fool like an old fool. JD

road kill
12-16-2011, 04:36 PM
"The danger to America is not Newt Gingrich, but the citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency.
It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Gingrich presidency, than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president.
The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Gingrich, who is a mere symptom of what ails us.
The republic can survive a Newt Gingrich. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those that made him their President."

There are fools waiting in the wings Bill, and there is no fool like an old fool. JD
Oh, how clever!

RK

JDogger
12-16-2011, 06:21 PM
Oh, how clever!

RK

I made a promise sometime back that I would not deliberately seek to antagonize Bill. He called me out and I tried to respond gently.

The altering of posts and sig lines is a regular occurrence here on PP usually followed by the ubiquitous "Fixed it for Ya!", so while admittedly neither clever nor original, my responce to Bill followed a generally accepted tone and timber here on PP so as to not upset any of the mods.

Regards, JD

MooseGooser
12-16-2011, 07:35 PM
Gooser in POTUS!!!!!!:razz::razz:

I'll vote for Ron Paul!!!!!

It's be fun for a change to see the "Hand puppet" bitch slap the person pullin his strings!!!:cool:

Gooser

charly_t
12-16-2011, 08:14 PM
...............the fact that he's a doctor also gives him cred in tackling the problems with Healthcare, Medicade and Medicare
;-)

I sure hate to point this out to you as I value your thoughts a great deal.......but you know I'm going to do it. A lot of doctors haven't the
understanding to do anything to help this government mess called medicare and medicaid. Most docrors don't have even an understanding of why the poor can't pay for thier own health care. I like Colburn and I think that he is an honest man ( I sure hope so anyway ) but he does not understand some things ( you can't fix something if you don't understand it..........someone may roll the dice and get lucky in helping it though ).

Franco
12-16-2011, 08:24 PM
I sure hate to point this out to you as I value your thoughts a great deal.......but you know I'm going to do it. A lot of doctors haven't the
understanding to do anything to help this government mess called medicare and medicaid. Most docrors don't have even an understanding of why the poor can't pay for thier own health care. I like Colburn and I think that he is an honest man ( I sure hope so anyway ) but he does not understand some things ( you can't fix something if you don't understand it..........someone may roll the dice and get lucky in helping it though ).

Well, if I know my candidate, he will vastly simplify Health Care. If that helps?

Federally mandated Health Care is not a part of The Constitution. Nor is it the responsibility of the Federal Government to be the people's nanny.

P S

Gooser, welcome to POTUS. Original thought is always welcomed, even if they're Broncos fans;-)

charly_t
12-16-2011, 08:29 PM
Well, if I know my candidate, he will vastly simplify Health Care. If that helps?

Federally mandated Health Care is not a part of The Constitution. Nor is it the responsibilty of the Federal Government to be the people's nanny.

I do hope your man understands and can help things.

Your last two sentences are spot on. People expecting the government to take care of them must come to an end .....now.

road kill
12-16-2011, 09:29 PM
I made a promise sometime back that I would not deliberately seek to antagonize Bill. He called me out and I tried to respond gently.

The altering of posts and sig lines is a regular occurrence here on PP usually followed by the ubiquitous "Fixed it for Ya!", so while admittedly neither clever nor original, my responce to Bill followed a generally accepted tone and timber here on PP so as to not upset any of the mods.

Regards, JD

Never have seen a signature changed, I did fix a post for HEW a couple days back (though I clearly begged his indulgence), so I guess that makes it OK for you!!!:D

ahhh yes, page 5....."he started it!!";-)

RK

Ken Bora
12-16-2011, 10:34 PM
I won't comment on all the candidates, but Michele Bachmann, PLEASE sit down and shut up, PLEASE!:)

Gosh Yes!.... "My Facts Are Not Wrong!"..... classic:rolleyes:

JDogger
12-16-2011, 10:42 PM
Never have seen a signature changed, I did fix a post for HEW a couple days back (though I clearly begged his indulgence), so I guess that makes it OK for you!!!:D

ahhh yes, page 5....."he started it!!";-)

RK

If you are going to quote what you refer to as the progessive playbook. "ah yes page 5" ..."he started it", would you kindly link to what you refer?
I personally have never seen such a playbook, other than the one that exists in Stan's mind. ...and yes,
I (http://I) guess we could take this to your site, might give some hits and solve some of your sulkyness.

http://dogpotus.proboards.com/index.cgi

Would that make you happy? JD

It's all good. Bill does not need you to hold his hand. He's tough and crusty enough without any help. Jknow?

Ken Bora
12-16-2011, 11:01 PM
I personally have never seen such a playbook, other than the one that exists in Stan's mind. ...?

Sadly, I am told only one copy, the original exists. It is made from hemp papyrus with ink from organic, free range, indigo bushes.
It is said it is kept in the safest of safe liberal enclaves as they rally against the evil one percent and their stranglehold on society.....
You Know, They keep it on Michael Moore's Jet!!!!!!!!:D

I kill me.... please forgive me and bless the starving pygmies in new guinea.

JDogger
12-16-2011, 11:18 PM
please forgive me and bless the starving pygmies in new guinea.

No... but I do forgive and bless the starving Vermontite's. :rolleyes: How sad to live on syrup and syrup alone.

I would suggest one of Hew's sandwichs http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/JDoggger/imagesCA6MWC0D.jpg but he seems to have eaten them all his self and now just rides a pack of dogs. JD

road kill
12-17-2011, 07:25 AM
If you are going to quote what you refer to as the progessive playbook. "ah yes page 5" ..."he started it", would you kindly link to what you refer?Look it up, I am not your NANNY!!!I personally have never seen such a playbook, other than the one that exists in Stan's mind. ...and yes,
I (http://I) guess we could take this to your site,you mean the one that you HIDE your name on??? might give some hits and solve some of your sulkyness.
My sulkiness?
Have you ever read ANY of your posts?
http://dogpotus.proboards.com/index.cgi

Would that make you happy? JD

It's all good. Bill does not need you to hold his hand. He's tough and crusty enough without any help. Jknow?

GEEZ............
Here is the link, do you want me to send you a check every month too??:rolleyes:
http://theprogressiveplaybook.com/about/

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RK

Gerry Clinchy
12-17-2011, 08:47 AM
All the candidates came out strong, I think. As in other debates, more time was given to the front-runners.

Santorum comes off pretty hawkish. Don't think that will fly in the wake of Iraq & A'stan. Might make a good cabinet member to prepare him for another time?

All candidates seem to agree on many points: pro-life; Keystone pipeline; secure borders.

Seems perfectly reasonable that if every credit card company can instantly "approve" or "reject" a card at a register millions of times a day, such a card provided with resident visas (of whatever type) could do the same for immigrants. Just subcontract it to Am Ex or M/C and you could put this in place very quickly. Card-owner pays the fee for the card annually. Don't pay? Card gets rejected at the beginning of each school year; at employer verification, etc. Every citizen has to have an SS card that they MUST use for various stuff. This would be no different.

"Muddled" foreign policy? Have to agree. In Egypt we supported the anti-govt protests, even though Mubarak was our "ally". In Syria, no friend, we do nothing like that. In Iran, we did nothing. In Libya, at least temporarily, at the time, a semi-ally, we supported anti-govt protests. If I were one of our allies, I'd be watching my back, too.

Yup, nobody has the charisma of a Reagan (or of a JFK) or that Obama projected in 2008. Charisma will get votes, but it'll take more than that to fix what's broken.

Santorum made a good point in that while a new POTUS can't repeal a law (Obamacare), a POTUS can repeal the regulations :-)

Huntsman is a sane voice, but too far behind. Bachmann is not a contender. Perry performing better in debates, but also out of contention.

Uncle Bill
12-17-2011, 01:01 PM
One of the major pollsters, John Zogby, thinks it will be decided in Florida. I'm inclined to agree. Iowa, New Hampshire, and S Carolina could have 3 seperate leaders, so Florida could be, as Zogby calls it..."the big Kahuna" in the primary process.

UB

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Zogby-GOP-primary-Florida/2011/12/16/id/421274?s=al&promo_code=DBD4-1

BonMallari
12-17-2011, 01:25 PM
One of the major pollsters, John Zogby, thinks it will be decided in Florida. I'm inclined to agree. Iowa, New Hampshire, and S Carolina could have 3 seperate leaders, so Florida could be, as Zogby calls it..."the big Kahuna" in the primary process.

UB

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Zogby-GOP-primary-Florida/2011/12/16/id/421274?s=al&promo_code=DBD4-1

He may be right, I think this is the one time that the winner in SoCarolina will not be the nominee..

duk4me
12-18-2011, 08:06 AM

UB

Decided in Florida huh? Boads well for the Republicans down there if my memory serves me. Anybody else remember when it came down to Florida?;-)