PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: Wikileaks, Bradley Manning are heros and true patriots

Hew
12-21-2011, 07:36 AM
Watch the whole video or skip to 4:00 mins to see him heap praise upon the dim-bulb private who caused significant damage to our foreign policy and put soldiers on the ground at greater risk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soF2uIe8GPk

Paul's followers pretend that he's dangerous because he'll upset the Beltway applecart. No, he's dangerous because he's a crazy old man who believes bat-sh!t crazy things and has no filter in his brain to prevent the bat-sh!t crazy things he believes from spewing out of his mouth.

I almost hope that Paul does well in Iowa. Up until now, he has escaped any sort of the media scrutiny that bit other candidates in the butt. I'd like to see the bright lights shone on Paul so some of the following cockroaches will scurry out into the public view:
- the hypocrisy of Paul pimping for term limits and complaining about DC culture when he's on his 12th term (24 years!) and is a fixture within the Beltway
- the hypocrisy of Paul not voting for earmarks but inserting millions of dollars of earmarks into bills every year knowing full well that his colleagues will vote for it
- railing and voting against federal disaster aid then asking for the same aid for his constituents
- his racist newsletters
- his foreign policy plans that have all the sopistication of a 3rd grade book report
- his scumbaggery of alternatively suckling from the Libertarian Party's teat and the GOP's teat depending upon who has the most $$$ for him at that particular time
- his aid and comfort to the 9/11 truthers
- and now, his 'WIkileakers are true patriots' nonsense

There's not enough Raid! to kill those cockroaches.

Colt Farrington
12-21-2011, 07:58 AM
Though I haven't read all the hundreds of thousands of clasified documents wikileaks has released from what little bit I gathered, Julian Assange is on the hot seat not because he put any actual American soldier lives in danger but because he has been exposeing the very secret dealings of the US Government with other foreign goverments, big businesses and big banks. Most of what he has exposed is damaging to powerful people in several governments. I have no problem with the leaks. I think the American people have a pretty good history of making the right decisions when we have all of the facts, not just the ones they wan't us to hear about.

I'm more concerned with how comfortable we've become with the idea of a government that needs millions of secret documents to make decisions and do business on our :rolleyes: behalf.

Hew
12-21-2011, 09:27 AM
Though I haven't read all the hundreds of thousands of clasified documents wikileaks has released from what little bit I gathered, Julian Assange is on the hot seat not because he put any actual American soldier lives in danger but because he has been exposeing the very secret dealings of the US Government with other foreign goverments, big businesses and big banks. Most of what he has exposed is damaging to powerful people in several governments. I have no problem with the leaks. I think the American people have a pretty good history of making the right decisions when we have all of the facts, not just the ones they wan't us to hear about.
Assange, Bradley et al have put American soldiers lives in jeopardy in Afghanistan because the wikileaks exposed Afghanis who were cooperating and collaborating with Americans...putting a giant target on their back for the Taliban and reducing the likelihood that they'll cooperate in the future. This also happened in Iraq. In Pakistan. And in other countries where people have faced real consequences as a result of their cooperation with United States military or diplomatic corps. So as you gleefully clap your hands that "powerful people" were embarrassed ('cause really, what well-adjusted, successful-in-their-own-right person doesn't get excited that "powerful people" get their comeuppance? :rolleyes: ), don't forget that there are countless other not-so-powerful people that got burned as well.

road kill
12-21-2011, 09:30 AM
Ron Paul;

crack·pot noun \ˈkrak-ˌpät\
Definition of CRACKPOT
: one given to eccentric or lunatic notions

RK

Franco
12-21-2011, 09:32 AM
The extreme right is getting desperate;-)

However, speaking at a campaign rally, Paul said that while Manning may have “technically” broken the law against releasing classified information to WikiLeaks, he did so for the purpose of exposing the “horrible things” being carried out by the U.S. Government.
Referring to Manning’s detention before trial, Paul said, “Should he be locked up and imprisoned?” Manning should be seen as a “political hero” and “true patriot who reveals what’s going on,” Paul said.
The Bradley Manning Support Network published an article (http://www.bradleymanning.org/news/update-11511-guy-fawkes-day-support-from-ron-paul-v-for-vendetta-author-update-on-assange-extradition-and-wikileaks) saying that Paul believes that Manning is a “whistleblower” and his actions “are essential to the country.”
On October 28, speaking in Iowa, Paul praised WikiLeaks for providing secret information about the conduct of the U.S. wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

I'm with RP's fight against political wars. We have no buisness nation building and propping up puppet governments.

We went into A'tsan to get OBL. Not long after we got into A'stan, OBL fled to Pakistan. Yet our government was sending 40-50 billion annually to Pakistan for intel on OBL, all the while they were hiding him in their country.

RP just pointing out how sick our Foreign Policy is.

Just as the rest of your post in nothing more than a desperate attempt to counter RP's big momentum! Big government types like yourself are scared stiff of Liberty and truth!

M&K's Retrievers
12-21-2011, 09:35 AM
Watch the whole video or skip to 4:00 mins to see him heap praise upon the dim-bulb private who caused significant damage to our foreign policy and put soldiers on the ground at greater risk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soF2uIe8GPk

Paul's followers pretend that he's dangerous because he'll upset the Beltway applecart. No, he's dangerous because he's a crazy old man who believes bat-sh!t crazy things and has no filter in his brain to prevent the bat-sh!t crazy things he believes from spewing out of his mouth.

I almost hope that Paul does well in Iowa. Up until now, he has escaped any sort of the media scrutiny that bit other candidates in the butt. I'd like to see the bright lights shone on Paul so some of the following cockroaches will scurry out into the public view:
- the hypocrisy of Paul pimping for term limits and complaining about DC culture when he's on his 12th term (24 years!) and is a fixture within the Beltway
- the hypocrisy of Paul not voting for earmarks but inserting millions of dollars of earmarks into bills every year knowing full well that his colleagues will vote for it
- railing and voting against federal disaster aid then asking for the same aid for his constituents
- his racist newsletters
- his foreign policy plans that have all the sopistication of a 3rd grade book report
- his scumbaggery of alternatively suckling from the Libertarian Party's teat and the GOP's teat depending upon who has the most $$$ for him at that particular time
- his aid and comfort to the 9/11 truthers
- and now, his 'WIkileakers are true patriots' nonsense

There's not enough Raid! to kill those cockroaches.

Bueller, Bueller er Franco..

road kill
12-21-2011, 09:42 AM
The extreme right is getting desperate;-)

However, speaking at a campaign rally, Paul said that while Manning may have “technically” broken the law against releasing classified information to WikiLeaks, he did so for the purpose of exposing the “horrible things” being carried out by the U.S. Government.
Referring to Manning’s detention before trial, Paul said, “Should he be locked up and imprisoned?” Manning should be seen as a “political hero” and “true patriot who reveals what’s going on,” Paul said.
The Bradley Manning Support Network published an article (http://www.bradleymanning.org/news/update-11511-guy-fawkes-day-support-from-ron-paul-v-for-vendetta-author-update-on-assange-extradition-and-wikileaks) saying that Paul believes that Manning is a “whistleblower” and his actions “are essential to the country.”
On October 28, speaking in Iowa, Paul praised WikiLeaks for providing secret information about the conduct of the U.S. wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

I'm with RP's fight against political wars. We have no buisness nation building and propping up puppet governments.

We went into A'tsan to get OBL. Not long after we got into A'stan, OBL fled to Pakistan. Yet our government was sending 40-50 billion annually to Pakistan for intel on OBL, all the while they were hiding him in their country.

RP just pointing out how sick our Foreign Policy is.

Just as the rest of your post in nothing more than a desperate attempt to counter RP's big momentum! Big government types like yourself are scared stiff of Liberty and truth!

I totally missed a rational plan from Dr. Paul on how to properly conduct foreign affairs.

All I ever seem to read from him is criticism and cheap shots.

Tell me, Franco, what exactly is Dr. Pauls foreign affairs policy, other than none!??!!??!!:shock:

RK

Franco
12-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Bueller, Bueller er Franco..

Nothing new here with HEW's post.

Calling RP's Foreign Policy a 3rd Grade Book Report is nutz! Tell that to the parents, wives and children that lost thier loved ones in the Bush, Cheney & Rumsfeld folly!

Yes, RP thinks disaster aide should be the function of the state. But, as long as the Fed is doling it out, why not get some.

Again, just a bunch of more crap from HEW.

Let the vetting begin, unlike other's candidates, RP will pass with flying colors.;-)

Franco
12-21-2011, 09:50 AM
I totally missed a rational plan from Dr. Paul on how to properly conduct foreign affairs.

All I ever seem to read from him is criticism and cheap shots.

Tell me, Franco, what exactly is Dr. Pauls foreign affairs policy, other than none!??!!??!!:shock:

RK

It's all on his webite. Same stance he has taken in the debates and in speeches. Obviously, you haven't been paying attention.

RP's Pro American Defence Policy
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/national-defense/

Some of why the extreme right and Liberals fears RP
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/12/20/gop-establishment-fears-ron-paul/

Hew
12-21-2011, 10:16 AM
A funny video that perfectly encapsulates the Paulbots: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB1F_2VcWQk It's all the New World Order I tell ya. :p

When Paul loses his "fan boys" will "continue to circle jerk to the thought that reptillian shape shifters rigged the election and not that the American public thought he was bat-sh!t crazy."

Awesome. :)

M&K's Retrievers
12-21-2011, 10:18 AM

Some of why the extreme right and Liberals fears RP
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/12/20/gop-establishment-fears-ron-paul/

They fear him because he is a frigging nut. Newt's right behind him.

M&K's Retrievers
12-21-2011, 10:22 AM
Nothing new here with HEW's post.

Calling RP's Foreign Policy a 3rd Grade Book Report is nutz! Tell that to the parents, wives and children that lost thier loved ones in the Bush, Cheney & Rumsfeld folly!

Yes, RP thinks disaster aide should be the function of the state. But, as long as the Fed is doling it out, why not get some.

Again, just a bunch of more crap from HEW.

Let the vetting begin, unlike other's candidates, RP will pass with flying colors.;-)

You failed to address term limits, earmarks, racist news letters and 9/11 truthers.

Franco
12-21-2011, 10:38 AM
You failed to mention term limits, earmarks, racist news letters and 9/11 truthers.

Why should RP be the only one to honor term limits. Since we have no term limits then we need RP serving. But yes, he supports term limits.

I've alreday address earmarks in other post. He is against earmarks but as long as the Feds are handing it out, why not get some?

RP had zero to do with a news letter that went out under his name. RP was the one that got the legal Cease and Desist against it. Some folks are just desperate to find any dirt on RP.

RP was correct about 9/11. We were attacked becausse of our Foreign Policy in the mideast. What's so shocking about that?

I suggest that people who vote read more and listen to Rush less because Rush spews a wealth of misinformation. RP has the big government, big spending/war hawking Repubs shaking in thier boots!

M&K's Retrievers
12-21-2011, 11:13 AM
Why should RP be the only one to honor term limits. Since we have no term limits then we need RP serving. But yes, he supports term limits.If he truly believed it then why not set an example and refuse to run after 2 or 3 terms. Is it because he has already got all he needs/wants?

I've alreday address earmarks in other post. He is against earmarks but as long as the Feds are handing it out, why not get some?Again, can't he set an example by refusing to vote for earmarks or writing legislation that includes it?

RP had zero to do with a news letter that went out under his name. RP was the one that got the legal Cease and Desist against it. Some folks are just desperate to find any dirt on RP.His newsletter, his name on it, it's his. Did he run a newsletter disputing it? Advertising?

RP was correct about 9/11. We were attacked becausse of our Foreign Policy in the mideast. What's so shocking about that?At least we have a policy. Does he think our policy justified 9/11? If so, he has no business serving our country.

I suggest that people who vote read more and listen to Rush less because Rush spews a wealth of misinformation. RP has the big government, big spending/war hawking Repubs shaking in thier boots!I suggest you listen to Rush's interview with Greta this week. You might learn something.

For what it's worth regards,

Franco
12-21-2011, 11:37 AM
For what it's worth regards,

1) The American people need desperatly for RP to serve in the Senate! Why should he step aside and others not?
2) He has voted against a mountain of earmarks and has written legislation in his attempt to get it under control.
3) Again, he had that newsletter legally Cease and Desist. What part of that don't you understand?
4)Our mideast policy has been a disaster for the last 65 years. Yes, our policy created the attacks of 9/11. Only someone with thier head in a hole thinks the American people have been served with our policy in the mideast. He is one of the greats when it comes to Patriotism!
5) Limbaugh has zero credibilty with those that read anything other than far right propaganda. How many years has he and little Rush, Sean Hannity spewed that Iraq is the front against Islamic terrorism? Limbaugh and his followers do this country a major disservice because they believe all his crap.

IowaBayDog
12-21-2011, 11:44 AM
A funny video that perfectly encapsulates the Paulbots: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB1F_2VcWQk It's all the New World Order I tell ya. :p

Awesome. :)

Hilarious!! The comments by the fanboys on there is almost as funny.

Ron Paul is Bat Sh!t crazy!
-This Iowan voter and his wife who also will vote (so you're quote is irrelevant Franco)

Franco
12-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Hilarious!! The comments by the fanboys on there is almost as funny.

Ron Paul is Bat Sh!t crazy!
-This Iowan voter and his wife who also will vote (so you're quote is irrelevant Franco)

Dog, one of your typical post......zero substance! Therefore, you can't recognize substance when it happens.

M&K's Retrievers
12-21-2011, 12:07 PM
1) The American people need desperatly for RP to serve in the Senate! Why should he step aside and others not?
2) He has voted against a mountain of earmarks and has written legislation in his attempt to get it under control.
3) Again, he had that newsletter legally Cease and Desist. What part of that don't you understand?
4)Our mideast policy has been a disaster for the last 65 years. Yes, our policy created the attacks of 9/11. Only someone with thier head in a hole thinks the American people have been served with our policy in the mideast. He is one of the greats when it comes to Patriotism!
5) Limbaugh has zero credibilty with those that read anything other than far right propaganda. How many years has he and little Rush, Sean Hannity spewed that Iraq is the front against Islamic terrorism? Limbaugh and his followers do this country a major disservice because they believe all his crap.

1. Why doesn't he lead by example?
2. He has voted FOR a mountain of earmarks as well. Apparently he is a failure in getting legislation passed.
3. The part I don't understand is why according to you he had get a Cease and Desist for his own publication. If he can't control his own publication, how can he run a country?
4. Our policy is better than no policy or a policy of sticking our heads in the sand. What has he done that makes him "one of the greats when it comes to Patriotism"? Hand out tongue depressors? Allow Iran to get nukes? No big deal.:rolleyes:
5. Rush may have no cred with you but Paul has none with me. Talks out of both sides of his mouth. Do as I say not as I do. And you talk about believing crap.

He has some great ideas but his bad ideas out weigh the good.

Lesa Cozens Dauphin
12-21-2011, 12:09 PM
Why should RP be the only one to honor term limits. Since we have no term limits then we need RP serving. But yes, he supports term limits.

I've alreday address earmarks in other post. He is against earmarks but as long as the Feds are handing it out, why not get some?

These sound like the arguments of a teenager when explaining to his/her parents why he/she is doing something. I had those conversations with my parents and got the tried and true "if everyone jumped off a bridge would you?" Then found myself repeating this process with my teenage daughter.

If you want to change things lead by example.

best regards,

lesa c

IowaBayDog
12-21-2011, 12:15 PM
Dog, one of your typical post......zero substance! Therefore, you can't recognize substance when it happens.

I know RP supporters are superior to everyone, I'm sure that's what James Jones followers thought too....

2 votes > 1 vote, doesn't get more substantive than that!

Franco
12-21-2011, 12:48 PM
If you want to change things lead by example.

best regards,

lesa c

How would anyone change anything if they left?

dixidawg
12-21-2011, 12:50 PM
What did he change by staying?

What bills of his have made any substantive changes?

What are his major accomplishments as a Congresscritter?

M&K's Retrievers
12-21-2011, 12:57 PM

In this instance there would be one less do nothing, pocket lining nut case in Congress. ;)

Lesa Cozens Dauphin
12-21-2011, 12:57 PM

I have lived in Texas for 20 years and never heard of this guy until this election process. What has he done for all this time?

I always find it amazing when people say they are for something yet don't follow through with it. If he is for term limits, he should have left period. You can always work behind the scenes.

I would be very interested in the answers to Dixie Dawgs questions, without a link to Rp's website. A straightforward honest answer from someone that lives in his district.

lesa c

M&K's Retrievers
12-21-2011, 01:13 PM

RP had zero to do with a news letter that went out under his name. RP was the one that got the legal Cease and Desist against it. Some folks are just desperate to find any dirt on RP.

R....

Try as I might, I can't find anything on this. Got a link? I'd like to read it.

Franco
12-21-2011, 01:14 PM
I have lived in Texas for 20 years and never heard of this guy until this election process. What has he done for all this time?

I always find it amazing when people say they are for something yet don't follow through with it. If he is for term limits, he should have left period. You can always work behind the scenes.

I would be very interested in the answers to Dixie Dawgs questions, without a link to Rp's website. A straightforward honest answer from someone that lives in his district.

lesa c

The legislation written by RP is too lengthy for me to list it all. I suggest you do that research as I will only highlight a few. Lets don't forget that RP is not the status quo, which makes it more difficlt to get legislation passed.

More recently;
Do away with immigrant visas for people wanting to enter this country from countries that support terror.

THe Affordable Gasoline Act.

The abolishment of the IRS.
The abolishmentof the Fed Reserve
Decriminalization of marijuanna.
Return to the Gold Standard

If you google it, you'll find several hundred bills that he has either written, co-wrote, got passed or defeated in the Chamber.

You may want to look at his proposed budget for the USA.

And, you are from Texas and you don't know hwat one of your Senators has been working on?

Franco
12-21-2011, 01:18 PM

No link that I know of. He was asked about it on Fox Business Channel not too long ago.

Lesa Cozens Dauphin
12-21-2011, 01:23 PM
No, I didn't know what he had been working on, he is not a Senator (Kay Bailey Hutchison and John Cornyn are the Texas Senators), he is a Representative and not one from the district I live in. I do thank you for the information, I will google him and do some research. Although the 4 things you listed seem to me to be tilting at windmills.

Thanks,

lesa c

dixidawg
12-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Found this:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/person.xpd?id=400311

Ronald Paul has sponsored 421 bills since Jan 7, 1997 of which 418 haven't made it out of committee and 1 were successfully enacted.

I am still looking, but have yet to find what that ONE bill is.....

Franco
12-21-2011, 01:26 PM
What did he change by staying?

What bills of his have made any substantive changes?

What are his major accomplishments as a Congresscritter?

He has opened America's eyes and ears and has been the lone voice to the fiasco that is DC. He has long warned us about the perils of our monetary and Foreign Policy. He has been against our government being in the mortgage business and bailouts. He is a strict Constituionalist.

Y'all need to quit watching mindless TV and get up to speed with polictics with these type of questions!

One man nor a handful can make the changes when politicians are on defense and medical teets while others are on the government's teet.

caryalsobrook
12-21-2011, 01:27 PM
after the Iowa debate, he was interviewed on Fox. He totally disavowed the newsletter. He said that he had nothing to do with writing it or sending it out. he also said that he absolutely dissageed with it, and did not share it's viewpoint. actually one of the few things that he was concise and to the point, which was refreshing.:)

dixidawg
12-21-2011, 01:29 PM
The legislation written by RP is too lengthy for me to list it all. I suggest you do that research as I will only highlight a few. Lets don't forget that RP is not the status quo, which makes it more difficlt to get legislation passed.

More recently;
Do away with immigrant visas for people wanting to enter this country from countries that support terror.

THe Affordable Gasoline Act.

The abolishment of the IRS.
The abolishmentof the Fed Reserve
Decriminalization of marijuanna.
Return to the Gold Standard

If you google it, you'll find several hundred bills that he has either written, co-wrote, got passed or defeated in the Chamber.

You may want to look at his proposed budget for the USA.

And, you are from Texas and you don't know hwat one of your Senators has been working on?

So in 20 years, he has WRITTEN lots of stuff huh?

What has actually passed? He talks a good game, but what has he accomplished? What is it about him that makes you think he will be able to persuade Congress in the next 4 years when he has not been able to in the past 20?

M&K's Retrievers
12-21-2011, 01:29 PM
No link that I know of. He was asked about it on Fox Business Channel not too long ago.

In other words more RP Bull Shat.

Franco
12-21-2011, 01:31 PM
No, I didn't know what he had been working on, he is not a Senator (Kay Bailey Hutchison and John Cornyn are the Texas Senators), he is a Representative and not one from the district I live in. I do thank you for the information, I will google him and do some research. Although the 4 things you listed seem to me to be tilting at windmills.

Thanks,

lesa c

In my haste to respond to the numerous questions, I know better. He is a Rep not a Senator. I would suggest to anyone that they do some reserach on their own and not to just allow TV talking heads to shape an opinion.

Hew
12-21-2011, 01:34 PM
RP had zero to do with a news letter that went out under his name. RP was the one that got the legal Cease and Desist against it.

LOL. Really?

Paul and his wife were officers of Ron Paul & Associates, the now-defunct company that published the newsletters, which reportedly earned Ron Paul & Associates nearly one million dollars over one year, according to a 1993 tax document. Paul, his family and Rockwell were listed as four of the company's 11 employees.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57345702-503544/ron-paul-disavows-racist-newsletters-under-his-name/

Hew
12-21-2011, 01:36 PM

What has actually passed? He talks a good game, but what has he accomplished? What is it about him that makes you think he will be able to persuade Congress in the next 4 years when he has not been able to in the past 20?
Let's be fair...he did author and got passed a resolution congratulating the United States on its return to space after the Columbia accident. Where would we be without Ron Paul's leadership in Congress? I shudder to think. :o

dixidawg
12-21-2011, 01:36 PM
He has opened America's eyes and ears and has been the lone voice to the fiasco that is DC. He has long warned us about the perils of our monetary and Foreign Policy. He has been against our government being in the mortgage business and bailouts. He is a strict Constituionalist.

Y'all need to quit watching mindless TV and get up to speed with politics with these type of questions!

One man nor a handful can make the changes when politicians are on defense and medical teets while others are on the government's teet.

Politics is the art pf persuasion. In all his time, he has not been able to persuade enough of his colleagues to pass any of his legislation?

Or been able to persuade them enough to even get them out of committee?

Y'all need to quit listening to rah rah speeches and find someone to elect that can actually accomplish something! THAT is what politics is all about!

Lesa Cozens Dauphin
12-21-2011, 01:38 PM
In my haste to respond to the numerous questions, I know better. He is a Rep not a Senator. I would suggest to anyone that they do some reserach on their own and not to just allow TV talking heads to shape an opinion.

I don't listen to the talking heads, that is for sure! I always research before I vote, learned that from my Grandfather 36 years ago when he told me to be sure to register to vote. I just find it amazing when our "leaders" tell us what they stand for, what they want to see done and then don't do it themselves. They use all sorts of excuses and reasons for why they go by do as I say and not as I do. It frustrates the heck out of me.

lesa c

Franco
12-21-2011, 01:40 PM

Because we are on the edge of a finacial meltdown as well as the complete corruption of our legislative branch(see bailouts, Fed printing 16 trillion to loan to domestic and foreign banks at zero interest). It is only in the last two years have people begun to take him seriously.

It wasn't until Wall St openly flaunted thier greed that voters began looking at the causes. They have their puppets write the laws that allow them to steel legally from American tax payers! That is just the tip of the iceberg known as corrupt government.

Same with our Inventionist Foreign Policy. One would think we would have learned something over the years.

10 years, 10,000 US Servicemen dead, tens of thousands crippled, over a TRILLION in borowed money to finance our intervention and we have more Islamic Terrorist today than 10 years ago!

Gerry Clinchy
12-21-2011, 01:54 PM
Lets don't forget that RP is not the status quo, which makes it more difficlt to get legislation passed.

This is a concern I've raised before. After 24 years, why has he not been able to gain more suppport within his venue.

A large problem with the current POTUS is that he cannot lead; cannot get people to follow; has even made for division within his own party.

If RP has not been able to rally support for his ideas within Congress (at the very least, we're talking about at least a decade of seniority in Congress), how could he do that better as POTUS? I suppose the obvious answer would be by veto.

I read the foreign policy statement & find it rather vague. When I've watched the debates, I get a sense that this fellow's is not very diplomatic when he has an opinion. Would he be any more diplomatic with foreign govts? It is not enough to be "right", one must persuade others to "the cause".

There is no question that US foreign policies have been flawed in the past, and probably will be in the future. If our enemies were smart, they would surrender. After all, look how well Japan and Germany did by losing WW II. We rebuilt their cities and industries to be better than our own.

Franco
12-21-2011, 01:56 PM
Politics is the art pf persuasion. In all his time, he has not been able to persuade enough of his colleagues to pass any of his legislation?

Or been able to persuade them enough to even get them out of committee?

Y'all need to quit listening to rah rah speeches and find someone to elect that can actually accomplish something! THAT is what politics is all about!

What is being accopmlished today or the last two years? It is all stalemates, from budgets to policy. Dysfunctional is what it is.

road kill
12-21-2011, 02:15 PM
Y'all need to quit listening to rah rah speeches and find someone to elect that can actually accomplish something! THAT is what politics is all about![/

What is being accopmlished today or the last two years? It is all stalemates, from budgets to policy. Dysfunctional is what it is.
What are Paul's accomplishments (I mean other than rhetoric)?

RK

Franco
12-21-2011, 02:27 PM
What are Paul's accomplishments (I mean other than rhetoric)?

RK

What have any of the candidates accomplished, including Obama?

RP has been correct about our;

Foreign Policy
Monetary Policy
Economic Policy
Immigration
Tax Policy
Budget Policy

and I disagree with him on abortion. It is his only stance which flies against his Libertarian background.

Again, one can't get policy passed when one is the rogue. Lets face it, the people didn't know our monetary policy was broken until two years ago! Both parties have fought against securing our boarders. Our budget wasnt a problem until Bush43 and now Obama. RP has been the stalward for Capitalism and Free Trade, both hampered by both political parties! RP is alo a strict Constitutionalist which also a quality not found in DC and he is one of the very few defenders of our Liberty!

Who is better qualified than RP?

road kill
12-21-2011, 02:29 PM
What have any of the candidates accomplished, including Obama?

RP has been correct about our;

Foreign Policy
Monetary Policy
Economic Policy
Immigration
Tax Policy
Budget Policy

and I disagree with him on abortion. It is his only stance which flies against his Libertarian background.

Again, one can't get policy passed when one is the rogue. Lets face it, the people didn't know our monetary policy was broken until two years ago! Both parties have fought against securing our boarders. Our budget wasnt a problem until Bush43 and now Obama. RP has been the stalward for Capitalism and Free Trade, both hampered by both political parties! RP is alo a strict Constitutionalist which also a quality not found in DC and he is one of the very few defenders of our Liberty!

I'm sorry, I think you misunderstood my question.

What I asked was;

"What are Paul's accomplishments (I mean other than rhetoric)??"

RK

Franco
12-21-2011, 02:33 PM
I'm sorry, I think you misunderstood my question.

What I asked was;

"What are Paul's accomplishments (I mean other than rhetoric)??"

RK

I understood your question and answered it!

Want to take a shot at answering my questions to you?

road kill
12-21-2011, 02:40 PM
I understood your question and answered it!

Want to take a shot at answering my questions to you?

So, to you, Dr. Pauls accomplishments are second guessing everyone else?
(BTW--That is the personification of rhetoric)

The guy has accomplished nothing of note.....................

RK

Franco
12-21-2011, 02:45 PM
So, to you, Dr. Pauls accomplishments are second guessing everyone else?
(BTW--That is the personification of rhetoric)

The guy has accomplished nothing of note.....................

RK

Coming from someone that sent money to Herman Cain, I'll take you assessment with a grain of salt.

Do you think Herm knows yet that China has nukes or where Iraq is on the map?

I'll take RP's intergrity over all the BS candidates the far right supports!

road kill
12-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Coming from someone that sent money to Herman Cain, I'll take you assessment with a grain of salt.

Do you think Herm knows yet that China has nukes or where Iraq is on the map?

I'll take RP's intergrity over all the BS candidates the far right supports!

I asked you a very simple question.

WHAT ARE PAUL'S ACCOMPLISHMENTS (OTHER THAN RHETORIC)???

So far, you have proven my point.

All you can do is attack my beliefs doing nothing SUBSTANTIVE to support your assertions.:rolleyes:

RK

M&K's Retrievers
12-21-2011, 02:58 PM

Foghorn Leghorn comes to mind.

Chicken Hawk regards,

road kill
12-21-2011, 03:06 PM
Can anyone here please list Dr. Paul's accomplishments (other than rhetoric)?
All the resident RP kook can do is insult me, I am really curious what this wonderful man has done with his stellar career other than second guess others who actually did something.

Thank you,

RK

Franco
12-21-2011, 03:45 PM
I answered your question. Can help it it you don't understand that he has awakened the American conscious to the corruption and incompetence in DC.

And, had the politicians listened to him, we wouldn't have sent nearly 10,000 American serviceman to their deaths in our attempt to nation build in Iraq and A'Stan!

But go ahead, you are very good at ignoring answers to your questions.

road kill
12-21-2011, 03:51 PM
I answered your question. Can help it it you don't understand that he has awakened the American conscious to the corruption and incompetence in DC.

And, had the politicians listened to him, we wouldn't have sent nearly 10,000 American serviceman to their deaths in our attempt to nation build in Iraq and A'Stan!

But go ahead, you are very good at ignoring answers to your questions.
The answer is then, he has ASCCOMPLISHED nothing but RHETORIC.

You do know the definition of those 2 words, correct??

RP talks the talk but does NOT walk the walk!

Check mate, end of discussion.

RK

Franco
12-21-2011, 03:54 PM
The answer is then, he has ASCCOMPLISHED nothing but RHETORIC.

You do know the definition of those 2 words, correct??

RP talks the talk but does NOT walk the walk!

Check mate, end of discussion.

RK

Only in your mind!

road kill
12-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Only in your mind!
No, not only in my mind, everyone here knows he has done nothing but talk except you!

RK

dixidawg
12-21-2011, 04:00 PM

So is short we are supposed to hope RP will change and actually be able to persuade others and get something accomplished?

Franco
12-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Everyone? Don't think so!

But hey, I saw right through your man Cain from the beginning.

Franco
12-21-2011, 04:11 PM
So is short we are supposed to hope RP will change and actually be able to persuade others and get something accomplished?

We don't want RP to change! The man has been firm on his stance and one of the few that doesn't flip flop on issues. A man with intergity! A lot will depend on who returns to the Senate and House because RP would have to change the culture in DC.

Both parties own the mess they have created for the people of this country. We can either continue the same course or make some real changes. If you like the fact that our politicians are owned by big banks, big pharma, big medical the military industrial complex and other special interest, than vote for one of the conventional candidates that plays within that dysfunctional system!

Hew
12-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Can anyone here please list Dr. Paul's accomplishments (other than rhetoric)?
All the resident RP kook can do is insult
- He is consistently one of the leaders in earmark (PORK) requests in Congress
- He and 3 others were the only Republicans to insert earmarks in FY 2011...that takes guts, no?
- ummm, hmmm. ummmmmmm...ok, i'm out.

dixidawg
12-21-2011, 04:15 PM
That is fine. Integrity is wonderful. Jimmy Carter had lots of integrity too. But he couldn't get anything done. RP has not shown any indication that he can get anything done either. Where he needs to change is that he actually needs to lead and get things done. Won't do much good if he actually gets elected and can't accomplish anything.

Franco
12-21-2011, 04:28 PM
That is fine. Integrity is wonderful. Jimmy Carter had lots of integrity too. But he couldn't get anything done. RP has not shown any indication that he can get anything done either. Where he needs to change is that he actually needs to lead and get things done. Won't do much good if he actually gets elected and can't accomplish anything.

GW43 got things done and look at the mega-mess he created for the American people!;-)

If RP were to get elected, I would consider that a mandate from the people that they are fed up and things need to change. He would have problems with most of the Dems but I think most Repubs would support him. That is if they want to keep their jobs.

M&K's Retrievers
12-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Franco, if RP weren't running, who would you support?

road kill
12-21-2011, 07:13 PM
GW43 got things done and look at the mega-mess he created for the American people!;-)

If RP were to get elected, I would consider that a mandate from the people that they are fed up and things need to change. He would have problems with most of the Dems but I think most Repubs would support him. That is if they want to keep their jobs.

You don't get it.....I don't care what GW43 did or didn't do, or if you like it.

I don't care what RP might do "IF!"
(btw--"if" in one hand and poop in the other, see which one fills up first)

I want to know what RP has accomplished (besides rhetoric).

Just out of curiosity, do the rest of you understand my question?

RK

M&K's Retrievers
12-21-2011, 07:41 PM
I do. he has not done squat but flap his jaws.

Franco
12-21-2011, 08:58 PM
What's the matter, you two don't know google? I've already answered your question RK. Still upset Cain dropped out?

RP has authored more than 700 pieces of legislation all the while running his office under-budget and refusing his Congressinol pension!

More importantly, the man is a visionary, predicting what is happening now financially to the USA and the massive failure of our Foreign Policy. Both parties have voted against much of his legislation or wouldn't allow it out of committee. Look around and see the position those politicians that voted against much of his legislation have us in! All in order to protect thier own special interest above the interest of the USA.

What have your candidates done?

Franco
12-21-2011, 09:02 PM
You don't get it.....I don't care what GW43 did or didn't do, or if you like it.

I don't care what RP might do "IF!"
(btw--"if" in one hand and poop in the other, see which one fills up first)

I want to know what RP has accomplished (besides rhetoric).

Just out of curiosity, do the rest of you understand my question?

RK

RK, it is not all about you. That was in responce to something Dixie wrote!
I've answered your question repeatedly!

Sorry but anyone that thought Cain was the answer doesn't get much cred in my book!

M&K's Retrievers
12-21-2011, 09:05 PM
Franco, if RP weren't running, who would you support?

Bueller, Bueller...

dixidawg
12-21-2011, 09:24 PM
RP has authored more than 700 pieces of legislation all the while running his office under-budget and refusing his Congressinol pension!

Again, of the legislation he "authored", how many have become law? In my earlier post:

Ronald Paul has sponsored 421 bills since Jan 7, 1997 of which 418 haven't made it out of committee and 1 were successfully enacted.

As a senior congressman of over 20 years, he was only able to get 3 out of 421 out of committee? And only 1 of those were passed into law?

That is an ABYSMAL record! In the decades he has been in office, he has not been able to convince his colleagues to pass ANYTHING he sponsored.

Not exactly a leader or a persuader. Great talker maybe, but a failure in getting things done.

Franco
12-21-2011, 09:32 PM
Again, of the legislation he "authored", how many have become law? In my earlier post:

As a senior congressman of over 20 years, he was only able to get 3 out of 421 out of committee? And only 1 of those were passed into law?

That is an ABYSMAL record! In the decades he has been in office, he has not been able to convince his colleagues to pass ANYTHING he sponsored.

Not exactly a leader or a persuader. Great talker maybe, but a failure in getting things done.

What is abysmal is Congress! Seen their approval rating? The American people are disgusted with them and want solutions. Had some of RP's bills passed how much better might we be? Hell, look how long it took RP to get a Fed Res audit! The people's money and the Gov doesn't want us to know how they spend it. That's BS

Franco
12-21-2011, 09:40 PM
Bueller, Bueller...

I'm focused on my candidate, so I can't answer.

Santorum - love his intergity, energy and passion. socially, he is a neanderthal.

Romney - not crazy that he is a general partner in Lee Bain Capital Investments. They are a big consolidator(monopoly) that likes to buy businesses and gut them. Therefore pumping up the short term profits and selling the company to other investment companies(the suckers)

Huntsman- love his Foreign experience and seems to be really level-headed.

dixidawg
12-21-2011, 09:51 PM
What is abysmal is Congress! Seen their approval rating? The American people are disgusted with them and want solutions. Had some of RP's bills passed how much better might we be? Hell, look how long it took RP to get a Fed Res audit! The people's money and the Gov doesn't want us to know how they spend it. That's BS

Again, there are leaders that get things done. Ron Paul has not proven he is one of them. Even within the abysmal Congress, he couldn't rise up and accomplish anything. Politics is the art of persuasion. He has been unable to persuade his colleagues of much of anything in 20 years.

Franco
12-21-2011, 09:59 PM
Again, there are leaders that get things done. Ron Paul has not proven he is one of them. Even within the abysmal Congress, he couldn't rise up and accomplish anything. Politics is the art of persuasion. He has been unable to persuade his colleagues of much of anything in 20 years.

Neither could Churchill until Germany invaded Poland.

Our situation today is just as grave as England's was back in 1938. In the history of the USA, this is our darkest hour.

Great events make great men;-)

Tell me, which of RP's policies do you disagree with?

M&K's Retrievers
12-21-2011, 10:27 PM
I'm focused on my candidate, so I can't answer.

Santorum - love his intergity, energy and passion. socially, he is a neanderthal.

Romney - not crazy that he is a general partner in Lee Bain Capital Investments. They are a big consolidator(monopoly) that likes to buy businesses and gut them. Therefore pumping up the short term profits and selling the company to other investment companies(the suckers)

Huntsman- love his Foreign experience and seems to be really level-headed.

That's as good an answer as I could give. I don't have a clue as to which one of these knuckleheads I support. Every time I think I know, someone shats in their mess kit.

Franco
12-21-2011, 10:36 PM
With Romney being an investment banker, I just don't see that as an honorable profession.

Lee Bain Partners is a leader in business consolidation. They cut staff to the bone domesticlly, export jobs overseas all for the sake of their investors. No matter which country they live in!

Consolidation is where compnaies buy their competitors in an attempt to create a monopoly by eliminating competition. Then, they get financial help from the Feds when their business plan doesn't work. The bean counters can't understand why revenue decreases after they've gut the company.

We need a return to Free Trade and real Capitalism.

Nor_Cal_Angler
12-21-2011, 10:37 PM
Franco,

I love your sprit....

Stick to your gun's...toe the line, brotha.

That is as far as it goes for me, with regards to your faith in RP.

I don't have the time to multi quote you in this one thread let alone most of the other threads regarding this GOP primary...but a few general's about it will get the pont across.

1. Ron Paul is just as establishment as the men your railing against.

2. He is as a matter of fact one of the leading PORK stuffing and spending legislators in this congress.

3. He has almost ZERO cred with regards to getting legislation passed.

4. If you feel that Santorum has no social skills...where are RP's ranked

and you challenged us with the question of "what has your canidate done"

Well.....do you remember

1994.....Contract with America???
1995......Took back the house after 40 year's
1995.....Times man of the year??? See above for reason
1995......Welfare reform 60% went back to work
1996......Cut Debt 415 Billion
1997......Capital gains tax cut, first in 15years
1998.....Balanced budget passed, first since 1968

I rest my case....WHAT HAS YOUR GUY ACHIEVED?????

Newt 2012

Jake

Franco
12-21-2011, 10:54 PM
Newt 2012

Jake

Newt's self distruction has already begun, see his falling numbers. He is about out of money and even many of your establishment Repubs don't support him!

see post #71 on my counter to your RP statement.

M&K's Retrievers
12-21-2011, 11:10 PM
Newt's self distruction has already begun, see his falling numbers. He is about out of money and even many of your establishment Repubs don't support him!

see post #71 on my counter to your RP statement.

Will someone wake JD up and find out where he put the step ladder.

Nor_Cal_Angler
12-21-2011, 11:13 PM
The ideal that Ron Paul is up to the task that Churchill was in 1938 or that it will take an act like what happened in 1938 to bring it out of him....

IS AS CRAZY as HE IS....

That was a good one.

3am red button regards,

Jake

dixidawg
12-21-2011, 11:15 PM
Neither could Churchill until Germany invaded Poland.

Our situation today is just as grave as England's was back in 1938. In the history of the USA, this is our darkest hour.

Great events make great men;-)

Tell me, which of RP's policies do you disagree with?

Neither could Obama, and look where we are today.

It doesn't really matter which or any of his policies I agree or disagree with if he us incapable of getting any of them implemented.

JDogger
12-22-2011, 12:04 AM
Will someone wake JD up and find out where he put the step ladder.

I just read anymore, Mike.

But, if I were a conservative republican...my guy would be....,

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/JDoggger/PW-0061-JTP8955.jpg

or maybe;

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/JDoggger/ZippyforPrez.jpg.
But, the choices appear to be more limited.

While I'm not an Obama fan particularly, To vote for "anybody but" doesn't quite work for me either.

Maybe there is still time for someone to come out of the woodwork...??

Que no? JD

BonMallari
12-22-2011, 12:18 AM
With Romney being an investment banker, I just don't see that as an honorable profession.

WOW ...seriously....I would like to know why you think being an investment banker is not an honorable profession...got any others you feel are not honorable either...

road kill
12-22-2011, 06:24 AM
What's the matter, you two don't know google? I've already answered your question RK. Still upset Cain dropped out?

More importantly, the man is a visionary, predicting what is happening now financially to the USA and the massive failure of our Foreign Policy. Both parties have voted against much of his legislation or wouldn't allow it out of committee. Look around and see the position those politicians that voted against much of his legislation have us in! All in order to protect thier own special interest above the interest of the USA.

What have your candidates done?

This is not about any other candidates.

The question couldn't be any more simple and evidently couldn't be any more difficult for you to answer.

What has Dr. Paul accomplshed (other than rhetoric)?

RK

Colt Farrington
12-22-2011, 07:46 AM
This is not about any other candidates.

The question couldn't be any more simple and evidently couldn't be any more difficult for you to answer.

What has Dr. Paul accomplshed (other than rhetoric)?

RK

A quick Wikipedia search turned this up-

Paul authors more bills than the average representative, such as those that impose term limits, or abolish the income tax[88] or the Federal Reserve; many do not escape committee review. He has written successful legislation to prevent eminent domain seizure of a church in New York, and a bill transferring ownership of the Lake Texana dam project from the federal government to Texas. By amending other legislation, he has helped prohibit funding for national identification numbers, funding for federal teacher certification,[17] International Criminal Court jurisdiction over the U.S. military, American participation with any U.N. global tax, and surveillance of peaceful First Amendment activities by citizens.[89]During March 2001, Paul introduced a bill to repeal the 1973 War Powers Resolution (WPR) and reinstate the process of formal declaration of war by Congress.[90] Later during 2001, Paul voted to authorize the president, pursuant to WPR, to respond to those responsible for the September 11, 2001, attacks.[91] He also introduced "Sunlight Rule" legislation, which requires lawmakers to take enough time to read bills before voting on them,[92] after the Patriot Act was passed within 24 hours of its introduction. Paul was one of six Republicans to vote against the Iraq War Resolution, and (with Oregon representative Peter DeFazio) sponsored a resolution to repeal the war authorization during February 2003. Paul's speech, 35 "Questions That Won't Be Asked About Iraq,"[93] was translated and published in German, French, Russian, Italian, and Swiss periodicals before the Iraq War began.[84]

Paul says his fellow members of Congress have increased government spending by 75 percent during the presidency of George W. Bush.[94] After a 2005 bill was touted as "slashing" government waste, Paul wrote that it decreased spending by a fraction of one percent and that "Congress couldn't slash spending if the members' lives depended on it."[95] He said that during three years he had voted against more than 700 bills intended to expand government.[96]

Paul has introduced several bills to apply tax credits to education, including credits for parental spending on public, private, or homeschool students (Family Education Freedom Act); for salaries for all K–12 teachers, librarians, counselors, and other school personnel; and for donations to scholarships or to benefit academics (Education Improvement Tax Cut Act).[97] In accord with his political opinions, he has also introduced the Sanctity of Life Act, the We the People Act, and the American Freedom Agenda Act.[98]

During June 2011, Paul co-sponsored a bill with U.S. Representative Barney Frank that is intended to end the federal prohibition of marijuana.[99]

dixidawg
12-22-2011, 08:09 AM

He writes a lot and talks a lot, but only 1, that's ONE, of his bills have been enacted. In 20+ years. Again, 421 bills. 418 never even made it out of committee. 1 enacted. Not a lot of tangible accomplishment there.

Writing bills that never get passed is an exercise in futility.

road kill
12-22-2011, 08:48 AM

Do you know the definition of "accomplishment??"

ac·com·plish·ment [ ə kómplishmənt ] 1.achieving of something: the completion or fulfillment of something
2.feat: a remarkable or successful achievement

So.....I ask again, what has Dr. Paul accomplshed (other than rhetoric)?

RK

ErinsEdge
12-22-2011, 08:56 AM
Ron Paul has some great ideas but he completely lost my vote when he came out on national television during the debates in the last campaign when he said 9-11 was a conspiracy. How can anyone vote for someone like that? He is dangerous and obviously doesn't think about what comes out of his mouth. Now you can't find that clip because he is trying to erase it from our memories. What we need is a Libertarian that is credible and not a kook or rambling delusional old man.

Colt Farrington
12-22-2011, 09:23 AM
Do you know the definition of "accomplishment??"

So.....I ask again, what has Dr. Paul accomplshed (other than rhetoric)?

RK

Do YOU understand that accomplishments in Washington are = to spending Bills? This gentleman has a 22 year record of being THE MOST actually conservative Representive in the House of Representatives, most conservative voting record of any member of Congress since 1937 (http://voteview.com/Is_John_Kerry_A_Liberal.htm). He has worked for more personal liberties and less government spending. He has a record of NEVER voting for a tax increase. In a work place as bought and paid for as our Congress is, those ARE accomplishments. If cannot compute that then... Merry Christmas to you. Argueing with you about that is a waste of both of our time.

Colt Farrington
12-22-2011, 09:25 AM
Ron Paul has some great ideas but he completely lost my vote when he came out on national television during the debates in the last campaign when he said 9-11 was a conspiracy. How can anyone vote for someone like that? He is dangerous and obviously doesn't think about what comes out of his mouth. Now you can't find that clip because he is trying to erase it from our memories. What we need is a Libertarian that is credible and not a kook or rambling delusional old man.

I didn't see the debate to hear the quote frist hand but if it happened, it's out there. If it happened it can be found.

Franco
12-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Do YOU understand that accomplishments in Washington are = to spending Bills? This gentleman has a 22 year record of being THE MOST actually conservative Representive in the House of Representatives, most conservative voting record of any member of Congress since 1937 (http://voteview.com/Is_John_Kerry_A_Liberal.htm). He has worked for more personal liberties and less government spending. He has a record of NEVER voting for a tax increase. In a work place as bought and paid for as our Congress is, those ARE accomplishments. If cannot compute that then... Merry Christmas to you. Argueing with you about that is a waste of both of our time.

Lets don't forget that RP also championed the audit for the Federal Reserve. He was fought tooth and nail by others in Congress that insisted that it was better for the people not to know how the Fed was using tax payer money. 16 TRILLION lent to domestic and foreign banks at no interest!!!

road kill
12-22-2011, 09:36 AM

I know, people HATE it when I am correct, especially progressives.

Here is a list of DR. Pauls "accomplishments;

Nuff said and an honest answer to an honest question, which you and Franco seem unable to provide.
Dr. Paul has accomplished less than Obama had before he became President and we can all see how that is working.

RK

Franco
12-22-2011, 09:45 AM
I know, people HATE it when I am correct, especially progressives.

Here is a list of DR. Pauls "accomplishments;

Nuff said and an honest answer to an honest question, which you and Franco seem unable to provide.
Dr. Paul has accomplished less than Obama had before he became President and we can all see how that is working.

RK

Only in your own mind RK! You were so correct about Herman Cain.

road kill
12-22-2011, 09:49 AM
Only in your own mind RK!
Look Franco, you have been pounding this combination of Lord Chamberlain, Timothy Leary and Ross Perot for months.

I asked you a straight up question and you have provided NOTHING but insults and criticism of others, including personal comments about my credibility.

I, along with others, have grown weary of your slo-drip of Dr Paul.
I decided to make it clear to you what he is.

I have yet to see a list of his accomplishments (other than rhetoric).
The reason there is no list is because he has none.

My apologies that you don't like it.

Dr. Paul will NOT be the Republican nominee for President of the United States.
Not in my mind or anyone elses......but yours!!

RK

Franco
12-22-2011, 09:52 AM
RK, I answered your question several times. I can't help it if you want to ignore it and put up some BS agruement.

road kill
12-22-2011, 10:39 AM
“Ronald Reagan famously espoused the 11th commandment, thou shalt not speak ill of another Republican”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y7hu469z7k

Crack pot!!

RK

BonMallari
12-22-2011, 11:31 AM

might want to check your facts....according to these stats he is not even in the Top 10,he is not even the Top in his own state

http://nationaljournal.com/magazine/most-conservative-members-of-congress-20110224

Franco
12-22-2011, 12:12 PM
might want to check your facts....according to these stats he is not even in the Top 10,he is not even the Top in his own state

http://nationaljournal.com/magazine/most-conservative-members-of-congress-20110224

It depends on what the definiton of Conservative is. Over the years, that definition has become very loose. Today, even big government/big spending Repubs can call themselves Conservative and get away with it.

M&K's Retrievers
12-22-2011, 12:36 PM
It depends on what the definiton of Conservative is. Over the years, that definition has become very loose. Today, even big government/big spending Repubs can call themselves Conservative and get away with it.

Oh, Jeeze Louise. :confused:

Defination of "is" is regards,

Colt Farrington
12-22-2011, 02:16 PM

The scale I linked to comes from the American Journal of Political Science with an actual calculated system of ranking. I'm fine with those facts.

"IS" regards.

M&K's Retrievers
12-22-2011, 02:19 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/21/ron-paul-gets-defensive-over-past-newsletters/?hpt=hp_t2

Jake, this article is just his denial. There is nothing about a "legal Cease and Desist order" as falsely claimed in post #13 by RP's number one follower, Franco.

Hew
12-23-2011, 07:15 AM
LOL. The media flashlights are just turning on. THe first cockroach to scurry out from under the 'fridge is this excerpt from the pitch buy Ron Paul's newsletter for the low, low price of $99:

Paul's letter went on to describe various plots and schemes that he had "unmasked," including a "plot for world government, world money and world central banking." He also claimed to have exposed a plan by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to "suspend the Constitution" in a falsely declared national emergency.

Despite being "told not to talk," Paul wrote that his newsletters also "laid bare" the "Israeli lobby, which plays Congress like a cheap harmonica," and a "federal-homosexual cover-up on AIDS."

Paul claimed that his "training as a physician" helped him "see through" this alleged cover-up.

Paul also suggested that a planned U.S. currency with new notes designed to curb counterfeiting and money laundering would result in the distribution of "totalitarian bills" that "were tinted pink and blue and brown, and blighted with holograms, diffraction gratings, metal and plastic threads and chemical alarms."

Paul said the money was designed to allow authorities to "keep track of American cash and American citizens."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/23/us-usa-campaign-paul-plots-idUSTRE7BM03320111223

Ron Paul's the walrus...coo coo ca choo, ca coo coo ca choo!

road kill
12-23-2011, 09:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi19kEYcZqY

Mark Levin's slant on the "Crack Pot," Dr. Paul!:cool:

RK

Down East Labs 217
12-23-2011, 10:13 AM
Dr. Paul, not worth anyones time to respond about but I will anyways.

Crazy old man, ignores reality, lives in a alternate universe.

Richard

Franco
12-23-2011, 10:51 AM
From a January 2008 article in reason.com

http://reason.com/archives/2008/01/16/who-wrote-ron-pauls-newsletter

RP had the publication shutdown in 2001.

Want the same failing politics in DC? Then continue to support the same old political ideals;-)

M&K's Retrievers
12-23-2011, 11:22 AM
From a January 2008 article in reason.com

http://reason.com/archives/2008/01/16/who-wrote-ron-pauls-newsletter

RP had the publication shutdown in 2001.

Want the same failing politics in DC? Then continue to support the same old political ideals;-)

That is a far cry from your "legal Cease and Desist order" you claimed earlier. The facts remains that his name was on it, he owned it, he got paid for it so he's responsible. He's also an idiot if he says he didn't realize what was going on. I'm not sure this crack pot should be practicing medicine much less practicing leadership.

President? I don't think so.

Franco
12-23-2011, 12:01 PM
Well, with all the websites that I visit, I don't have the time nor inclination to try and find where I read it!

I will also add that some background to those strories written by Rockwell shed some light on the people of RP's district.

more from reason.com

Ride 140 miles up the road from Paul's home in Lake Jackson, Texas and you wind up in Vidor. For most of the last century, Vidor was known as a "sundown town," a town where Blacks were in danger if they were out on the streets after sundown. In the early 1990's, a federal judge had to order officials in Vidor to segregate their housing after decades of housing discrimina­tion. In 2006, Vidor was the subject of a CNN special report: Racism Beneath the Surface.

Travel 60 miles north from Vidor, and you'll be in Jasper, Texas where, in 1998, three White men chained a Black man, James Byrd, Jr. to the back of a pickup and dragged him to his death on an asphalt road. Two of those men were sentenced to death, and one received life in prison.

I don't know if Paul is a racist. But the U.S. region he calls home has a long history of racism to this day. Paul's publication clearly reflect those attitudes. If Paul has "evolved" to more noble attitudes over the years, he should say so, like the late Robert Byrd did when he admitted and rejected his earlier racist beliefs; like George Wallace did when he said the greatest mistake of his life was defending racial segregatio­n in Alabama.

Admit it, reject it, apologize and move on.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And Texas isn't the only areas with growing racial unrest;

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/23/sudan-sudanese-refugees-omaha-nebraska_n_1165709.html

I'd like to hear some opinions from folks that live in Iowa and Nebraska on the above article.

M&K's Retrievers
12-23-2011, 12:29 PM
Well, with all the websites that I visit, I don't have the time nor inclination to try and find where I read it!

I will also add that some background to those strories written by Rockwell shed some light on the people of RP's district.

more from reason.com

Ride 140 miles up the road from Paul's home in Lake Jackson, Texas and you wind up in Vidor. For most of the last century, Vidor was known as a "sundown town," a town where Blacks were in danger if they were out on the streets after sundown. In the early 1990's, a federal judge had to order officials in Vidor to segregate their housing after decades of housing discrimina*tion. In 2006, Vidor was the subject of a CNN special report: Racism Beneath the Surface.

Travel 60 miles north from Vidor, and you'll be in Jasper, Texas where, in 1998, three White men chained a Black man, James Byrd, Jr. to the back of a pickup and dragged him to his death on an asphalt road. Two of those men were sentenced to death, and one received life in prison.

I don't know if Paul is a racist. But the U.S. region he calls home has a long history of racism to this day. Paul's publication clearly reflect those attitudes. If Paul has "evolved" to more noble attitudes over the years, he should say so, like the late Robert Byrd did when he admitted and rejected his earlier racist beliefs; like George Wallace did when he said the greatest mistake of his life was defending racial segregatio*n in Alabama.

Admit it, reject it, apologize and move on.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And Texas isn't the only areas with growing racial unrest;

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/23/sudan-sudanese-refugees-omaha-nebraska_n_1165709.html

I'd like to hear some opinions from folks that live in Iowa and Nebraska on the above article.

I'm not sure there is a step ladder tall enough ..... :confused::confused:

Hew
12-23-2011, 01:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi19kEYcZqY

Mark Levin's slant on the "Crack Pot," Dr. Paul!:cool:

RK
OMG...look at the comments on that video...scads of anti-Semitic Paulbots huring vile slurs about Zionists and Jews. I'm sure even Ron Paul would be embarrassed, and it takes a lot to embarrass that guy. ;-)

Hew
12-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Speaking of the man who is hard to be embarrassed....here's one segment of Dear Leader Ron Paul on the the abysmal Morton Downey Jr. show back in '88. Holy crap is this funny...as if it's not bad enough that he'd lower himself to go on a low-rent show that was the precursor to Jerry Springer, Paul debases himself even further by engaging in screaming matches with audience members and Morton Downey...all while one pant leg is hiked up to his knee.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvVqDEQG8bY Don't miss the 2:30 min. mark where Dear Leader screams out that George Bush and the CIA are dealing drugs. :p:p:p

edit...the 4:20 mark is also priceless. The gift that keeps on giving.

Franco
12-23-2011, 03:38 PM
Speaking of the man who is hard to be embarrassed....here's one segment of Dear Leader Ron Paul on the the abysmal Morton Downey Jr. show back in '88. Holy crap is this funny...as if it's not bad enough that he'd lower himself to go on a low-rent show that was the precursor to Jerry Springer, Paul debases himself even further by engaging in screaming matches with audience members and Morton Downey...all while one pant leg is hiked up to his knee.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvVqDEQG8bY Don't miss the 2:30 min. mark where Dear Leader screams out that George Bush and the CIA are dealing drugs. :p:p:p

edit...the 4:20 mark is also priceless. The gift that keeps on giving.

The CIA has been dealing drugs for decades, that's no big secret! It is their best option for gathering intel. Why do suppose we allow A'stan to be the world's largest exporter of Grade A Heroin?

Hew
12-23-2011, 04:07 PM
The CIA has been dealing drugs for decades, that's no big secret! It is their best option for gathering intel. Why do suppose we allow A'stan to be the world's largest exporter of Grade A Heroin?
Ron Paul logic. The largest cocaine distribution network in North America is in New York City. Which of course must mean that the New York Police Dept. is dealing drugs. And the CIA. And the Illuminati. And the Bildeburgers. And the Trilateral Commissioners. All of them. Drug dealers. They're coming to take me away, ha ha. They're coming to take me away, ho ho.

starjack
12-23-2011, 04:46 PM

Franco i have been lurking at this thread for sometime now and i have come to the conclusion. There are places for you and Ron Paul to go to get help.

Just trying to help;)

Franco
12-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Insanity is doing the same things over and over expecting a different results. Just like the same old, same old candidates except for one.

If you don't think the CIA uses drugs to get their intel, then keep on believing that fairytale.

goldendevil
01-02-2012, 01:53 AM
Say what you want about Ron Paul, but Bradley Manning in NOT a hero. He was a social outcast who betrayed the trust of his follow soldiers and all of us who serve. He did not compromise our secrets for any patriotic reason; he did so for the attention it would garner him.

I was in Afghanistan, in a bad neighborhood participating in heavy combat operations, when this came to light and I can tell you that it was a disaster for us. His total irresponsibly and selfishness made it exponentially more difficult to do our jobs and without doubt, he put our lives at greater risk... we were in enough trouble without his help.

We are all desperately seeking heroes today but I hope none of you will allow yourselves to be mislead into thinking that this type of stupidity is to be admired. It put so many good men at unnecessary risk and too many didn't make it. Bradley Manning didn’t do it for you; he did it for himself.

charly_t
01-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Say what you want about Ron Paul, but Bradley Manning in NOT a hero. He was a social outcast who betrayed the trust of his follow soldiers and all of us who serve. He did not compromise our secrets for any patriotic reason; he did so for the attention it would garner him.

I was in Afghanistan, in a bad neighborhood participating in heavy combat operations, when this came to light and I can tell you that it was a disaster for us. His total irresponsibly and selfishness made it exponentially more difficult to do our jobs and without doubt, he put our lives at greater risk... we were in enough trouble without his help.

We are all desperately seeking heroes today but I hope none of you will allow yourselves to be mislead into thinking that this type of stupidity is to be admired. It put so many good men at unnecessary risk and too many didn't make it. Bradley Manning didn’t do it for you; he did it for himself.

Correct. He did it for attention for himself. What he did was not to help anyone. How could it ever be expected to. Back during World War 2 people were taught not to talk about what was going on. "Loose lips sink ships". If he has information that would help he sure shouldn't have put it out like he did. Not saying we do everything right every time but you never put other
men ( and women ) in danger like that. Very sad little man in this case.

road kill
01-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Ron Paul logic. The largest cocaine distribution network in North America is in New York City. Which of course must mean that the New York Police Dept. is dealing drugs. And the CIA. And the Illuminati. And the Bildeburgers. And the Trilateral Commissioners. All of them. Drug dealers. They're coming to take me away, ha ha. They're coming to take me away, ho ho.

You forgot the Queen of England, she is actually the one behind the whole thing.

And if you don't know what I'm talking about, then you don't know Ron Paul...........

RK

BonMallari
01-02-2012, 04:52 PM
I put Manning in the same category as the FT Hood shooter, they both violated a sworn oath when they were inducted into the Army "...to defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.." the UCMJ will deal with both of them

Franco
01-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Interesting that one blogger claims that RP's campaign has received more contributions from our servicemen and women than all the other GOP candidates combined. (read the posts from the readers) Anyone have any other info on which candidate is getting the most contributions from our men and women in uniform?

http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2012/01/03/former-cia-agent-michael-scheuer-endorses-ron-paul/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Tom Carroll (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=641723456) · Chicago, Illinois (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chicago-Illinois/108659242498155)
Ron Paul's military donations outweigh the entire republican field. His top 3 donators are the US ARMY, the US NAVY, and the US AIR FORCE. When the majority of the troops have all gotten behind 1 candidate it should tell you something... why that isn't a big story is beyond me. Anytime anyone insults Paul supporter they are also insulting a LARGE portion of the troops...
Reply (https://www.facebook.com/plugins/comments.php?api_key=198722363481114&channel_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs-static.ak.fbcdn.net%2Fconnect%2Fxd_proxy.php%3Fver sion%3D3%23cb%3Df99c9575fe2a78%26origin%3Dhttp%253 A%252F%252Fcaucuses.desmoinesregister.com%252Ff#) · 3 (https://www.facebook.com/plugins/comments.php?api_key=198722363481114&channel_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs-static.ak.fbcdn.net%2Fconnect%2Fxd_proxy.php%3Fver sion%3D3%23cb%3Df99c9575fe2a78%26origin%3Dhttp%253 A%252F%252Fcaucuses.desmoinesregister.com%252Ff#) · Like (https://www.facebook.com/plugins/comments.php?api_key=198722363481114&channel_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs-static.ak.fbcdn.net%2Fconnect%2Fxd_proxy.php%3Fver sion%3D3%23cb%3Df99c9575fe2a78%26origin%3Dhttp%253 A%252F%252Fcaucuses.desmoinesregister.com%252Ff#) · Follow Post (https://www.facebook.com/plugins/comments.php?api_key=198722363481114&channel_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs-static.ak.fbcdn.net%2Fconnect%2Fxd_proxy.php%3Fver sion%3D3%23cb%3Df99c9575fe2a78%26origin%3Dhttp%253 A%252F%252Fcaucuses.desmoinesregister.com%252Ff#) · about an hour ago (http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2012/01/03/former-cia-agent-michael-scheuer-endorses-ron-paul/?fb_comment_id=fbc_10150369568027614_18793035_1015 0369633982614)

https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41769_100000309183111_5683_q.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000309183111)
Mark as Spam (https://www.facebook.com/plugins/comments.php?api_key=198722363481114&channel_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs-static.ak.fbcdn.net%2Fconnect%2Fxd_proxy.php%3Fver sion%3D3%23cb%3Df99c9575fe2a78%26origin%3Dhttp%253 A%252F%252Fcaucuses.desmoinesregister.com%252Ff#)
Report as Abuse (https://www.facebook.com/plugins/comments.php?api_key=198722363481114&channel_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs-static.ak.fbcdn.net%2Fconnect%2Fxd_proxy.php%3Fver sion%3D3%23cb%3Df99c9575fe2a78%26origin%3Dhttp%253 A%252F%252Fcaucuses.desmoinesregister.com%252Ff#)

Matthew Battista (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000309183111) · University of Rochester (http://www.facebook.com/pages/University-of-Rochester/103778026327507) Current and former. Ron Paul has more veteran support than all the RINO's and Obama combined.

road kill
01-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Interesting that one blogger claims that RP's campaign has received more contributions from our servicemen and women than all the other GOP candidates combined. (read the posts from the readers) Anyone have any other info on which candidate is getting the most contributions from our men and women in uniform?

http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2012/01/03/former-cia-agent-michael-scheuer-endorses-ron-paul/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

So, even though the CIA deal drugs, you are proud of this endorsement??

The plot thickens.........

RK

Franco
01-03-2012, 04:14 PM
So, even though the CIA deal drugs, you are proud of this endorsement??

The plot thickens.........

RK

The CIA gas a good grip on how to stop terrorism.

You do love to twist things around in a non-sensical way, don't you?

road kill
01-03-2012, 04:19 PM
The CIA gas a good grip on how to stop terrorism.

You do love to twist things around in a non-sensical way, don't you?

What have I twisted??:confused:

Does the CIA deal drugs?

But now they have credibility?

You are correct, it makes no sense!!

RK

Franco
01-03-2012, 04:31 PM
What have I twisted??:confused:

Does the CIA deal drugs?

But now they have credibility?

You are correct, it makes no sense!!

RK

You act like it is some big secret that the CIA uses drugs to help gather intel. They are in the business of collecting info and have used not only drugs is the past but murder and torture too. Doesn't mean that CIA agents lack credibility! Most have a dirty job and do the best they can with the task at hand.

Now we have an American former CIA agent that was part of the taskforce to get OLB coming out in support of RP. Why not address that?

Or, the fact that RP is the #1 choice of our servicemen and women!

M&K's Retrievers
01-03-2012, 07:12 PM
You act like it is some big secret that the CIA uses drugs to help gather intel. They are in the business of collecting info and have used not only drugs is the past but murder and torture too. Doesn't mean that CIA agents lack credibility! Most have a dirty job and do the best they can with the task at hand.

Now we have an American former CIA agent that was part of the taskforce to get OLB coming out in support of RP. Why not address that?

Insert Twilight Zone theme here.

Cody Covey
01-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Insert Twilight Zone theme here.

While I don't agree with Franco's complete support of Ron Paul it is widely known and extensively documented that the CIA uses drugs for intel and to get people released from foreign governments. Are you guys' mocking to just mock him or do you truly believe the CIA does not traffic drugs?

M&K's Retrievers
01-03-2012, 07:46 PM
While I don't agree with Franco's complete support of Ron Paul it is widely known and extensively documented that the CIA uses drugs for intel and to get people released from foreign governments. Are you guys' mocking to just mock him or do you truly believe the CIA does not traffic drugs?

I have no doubt that the CIA does whatever it deems necessary to accomplish their mission but I don't pretend to know what these deeds might be. Franco would have you believe that he knows all and that if he says it, it must be true.

Franco
01-03-2012, 08:36 PM
I have no doubt that the CIA does whatever it deems necessary to accomplish their mission but I don't pretend to know what these deeds might be. Franco would have you believe that he knows all and that if he says it, it must be true.

I am a prolific reader and don't have my head stuck up my arse! And, I stay away from Fox News and the rest of the extreme right and left media that can't report a story accurately.

M&K's Retrievers
01-03-2012, 09:58 PM
I am a prolific reader and don't have my head stuck up my arse! And, I stay away from Fox News and the rest of the extreme right and left media that can't report a story accurately.

Perhaps you should pull your head out of your arse and read the dictionary a little more. Prolific = fertile, producing offspring or fruit in abundance; producing results or works in abundance. ;)

Franco
01-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Prolific

producing in large quantities or with great frequency; highly productive: a prolific writer.

M&K's Retrievers
01-03-2012, 10:30 PM
Prolific

producing in large quantities or with great frequency; highly productive: a prolific writer.

Reading is not producing. It's consumption. I doubt you can find an example of a "prolific reader" anywhere. You might be a prolific bragger, Bull Shater, etc. but not reader.

road kill
01-04-2012, 07:12 AM

Here is mt issue with your position on the CIA.

One day you condemn them for being evil drug dealers.

2 days later they are your heros because they champion your candidate.

I guess I flip-flopped and got "caught!":rolleyes:

RK

Franco
01-04-2012, 07:48 AM
Show me where I have ever condemed them.

I just pointed out the fact that they are no angles to HEW who was in denial that they have dealt in drugs in the past.

charly_t
01-04-2012, 01:20 PM
I wouldn't put anything pass this government,,,republican or demacrat. They are a den of theives,,, liers and you name it

You got that right and often the right hand knows nothing about what the left hand is doing ( a sure recipe for bad outcomes ).

road kill
01-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Show me where I have ever condemed them.

I just pointed out the fact that they are no angles to HEW who was in denial that they have dealt in drugs in the past.

Well, in my world, calling someone a drug dealer is not exactly an endorsement.....how about yours??

Calling someone a drug dealler would be a condemnation of sorts, would it not?

Just askin'........

RK

Franco
01-04-2012, 02:00 PM
Well, in my world, calling someone a drug dealer is not exactly an endorsement.....how about yours??

Calling someone a drug dealler would be a condemnation of sorts, would it not?

Just askin'........

RK

Espionage is a dirty business. If providing pidgeons with drugs or allowing them to make heroin/grow poppies serves our interest, so be it. It's not like the CIA is standing on a corner in Harlem selling crack to welfare wards. And, it certainly beats having our troops in harms way fighting in political wars. Or, placing puppet governments in place and sending billions in cash tribute to foreign despots.