PDA

View Full Version : Are the debates good or bad?

1tulip
12-26-2011, 10:30 PM
On the one hand, I think it produces a forum to lay out the case for rejecting Obama in 2012. It also is "vetting" the candidates so there shouldn't be any surprises during the election campaign.

On the other hand, the Republican candidates are putting weapons in the hands of the Democrats and doing all their opposition research for them.

Do you think enough people are even paying attention to the debates for any of them to matter in the fall run-up to the election?

BonMallari
12-26-2011, 11:03 PM
only two or three of the debates were any good....after awhile EVERY candidate stuck with their talking points,there wasnt anything earth shattering or profound exposed in the debates

Nor_Cal_Angler
12-26-2011, 11:09 PM
The infamous post game interview of Denny Green comes to mind...

"They are who we thoght they were!!!!!!"

Jake

Uncle Bill
12-27-2011, 04:19 PM
On the one hand, I think it produces a forum to lay out the case for rejecting Obama in 2012. It also is "vetting" the candidates so there shouldn't be any surprises during the election campaign.

On the other hand, the Republican candidates are putting weapons in the hands of the Democrats and doing all their opposition research for them.

Do you think enough people are even paying attention to the debates for any of them to matter in the fall run-up to the election?

The truly sickening happening is NOT what the Democrats are getting out of these revelations, it's the pathetic Main Stream Press that receives ALL their in-line talking points they continuously spew, so the ignorant get a real brain-washing. The Democrats have nothing substantive they can run on, only the Obama lies and attempts to spin his shortcomings. But if it weren't for the sycophantic press, the liberals would be annhilated.

Even taking on both the press and the ignorant, this is an election that only the Republicans can lose, or if someone of stature decides to run as a 3rd party candidate. If the POTUS election were held today, any of the debating candidates would beat Obama. He is the most clueless person to ever hold that office, and his attempts at moving this nation into a total oligarchy has been discovered by the true Americans, that want nothing other than to get rid of him and his followers, and get this country back to our original way of life, as envisioned by its' founders.

UB

1tulip
12-27-2011, 11:27 PM
Call me crazy, but I think this Trump debate could be a plus. People who typically watch reality TV will hear two (I think Gingrich and Santorum) thoughtful Republicans filet progressive policies and connect the current social chaos to the ideology of the Dems and our current President.

I don't hold Mr. Trump in high esteem. But if the word doesn't get out to the currently uninvolved, then those potential voters have no reason not to listen to the mainstream press.

Uncle Bill
12-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Call me crazy, but I think this Trump debate could be a plus. People who typically watch reality TV will hear two (I think Gingrich and Santorum) thoughtful Republicans filet progressive policies and connect the current social chaos to the ideology of the Dems and our current President.

I don't hold Mr. Trump in high esteem. But if the word doesn't get out to the currently uninvolved, then those potential voters have no reason not to listen to the mainstream press.

I believe that 'debate' has been cancelled. My big concern is if Trump gets talked into running as a third party. Same for Ron Paul. that would seal a re-election for Obama, as it did for Clinton. You can always count on the Democrats getting at least 40% of their fools voting the party line. If the other partys vote is split, neither will exceed that 40%, as happened with Clinton. He wasn't elected by a majority, just a plurality.

I do hold the "Donald" in high esteem. His ideas are what we need at this time in the nation. He is a strong negotiator that would get some real reform into our trade deficits. His views on the economy, taxation, immigration, etc., as well as his "getting paid for our military bailing out nations, and getting proper payment for the wounded and killed men this nation sacrificed on their behalf" is, IMHO, about time that was done.

That's why, I sincerely hope he doesn't run. But should the Republicans take back the POTUS, that president would be making a huge mistake to not at least invite the Donald into his inner circle of advisors, should he decline a cabinet job. I doubt he'd be willing to take that much of a salary cut to take on some job as that. But what the hell, why not an unofficial Czar. What's good for the goose etc. etc.

I fear, however, he might consider a run, especially if Romney gets the nod. He's pretty sure Romney will only go lite on Obamacare, and revise it in some manner. And he has no vision for restructuring the income tax fiasco. And as far as his foreign affairs are concerned, he's not much better off or more knowledgeable than what's sitting in the White House now.

Dayum, I just hate to think of another POTUS election, where I have to hold my nose to vote, not for someone, only against someone. It irks me that we might again have the MSP, along with the RINOs, GATGA crowd, and the east coast elitists selecting our candidate. That is why I'm a card-totin' and dues-paying member of the Tea Party. I've had it with a non-conservative MOR moderate running the Republican party.

This crap of moving across the isle to get something done is just BS. Stop compromising the conservative principles. Time to win, and return the nation to the direction the founders had in mind. Time for the rugged individuals that work hard every day to stop paying the freight for the
Something-For-Nothing crowd to continue to piss and moan about not getting enough freebies, so they can keep sucking on the government teat.

Time to drain the backed up sewer, not cry for more taxes from the wealthy, or anybody else. IT'S NOT THE LACK OF INCOME THAT GOT THIS NATION INTO THIS DEBT...IT'S THE SPENDING, STUPID!!!

UB

JMiller
12-29-2011, 09:03 PM
The dabates were good because they winnowed out the bad aspects. Just look what Rick Perry would have looked like if we had not seen how sleepy he gets. At least Newt and Romeny stay awake!