PDA

View Full Version : A Political Fact Finder

road kill
12-28-2011, 08:44 AM
What is the perception those of you outside of WI have of the recall efforts on Governor Walker?

We had a discussion and were wondering what the read is elsewhere.
Looking forward to the reads.
I am not going to argue them here, I just want to know how it is portrayed and recieved.

Thanks,

RK

Marvin S
12-28-2011, 11:33 AM
What is the perception those of you outside of WI have of the recall efforts on Governor Walker?

We had a discussion and were wondering what the read is elsewhere.
Looking forward to the reads.
I am not going to argue them here, I just want to know how it is portrayed and recieved. Just couldn't resist :) i before e except after c

Thanks,

RK

We all have our own unique issues - I hear nothing, not even in the blurbs column. but I don't do MSM every day. They would rather rehash local issues for a week or two :). or talk about the great job 1st responders are doing or the GI's who are all well compensated for their efforts.

M&K's Retrievers
12-28-2011, 11:53 AM
We all have our own unique issues - I hear nothing, not even in the blurbs column. but I don't do MSM every day. They would rather rehash local issues for a week or two :). or talk about the great job 1st responders are doing or the GI's who are all well compensated for their efforts.

"I before e". You must not ever read Franco's posts.

road kill
12-28-2011, 12:51 PM
Did any of you hear Walker on the radio today?
Interviewed by Mark Belling.

RK

Doug Kennedy
12-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Governor's Journal just announced their Governor of the year;
drum roll please...........Wis Governor Scott Walker

Uncle Bill
12-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Did any of you hear Walker on the radio today?
Interviewed by Mark Belling.

RK

I would have loved to have heard that, but was getting a chemo infusion. Didn't tune in Belling, whose opinions I appreciate, except for his dissing Newt. Hope he hasn't also joined the elitists of the east and gotten on board with Romney. BTW, if Romney gets in, what the hell is his taxation revisions??? I don't believe he has a plan.

One would think with all Walker has done for the school districts that have chosen to take advantage of his programs, unlike the big city unionista-led teachers cabal, the people would be anxious to turn down any recall, and applaud his efforts to get the state on a correct path again. It's my hope the grass roots folks get involved, and come to the realization the unions are not their answer, and put sanity back in their state's government.

As to what is happening to that recall effort by the unions, it is getting no play in the Sodak media so far. The peoples republic of Sx Flls is falling all over themselves anxiously getting a couple of mental midget Democrats running for Kristi Noem's Congressional seat. While she may have stumbled briefly with her vote on the debt ceiling, which most of us Tea Partiers were quick to give her what-fer, she is on pretty strong footing with her other votes.

Now if only we didn't have to wait another two years to get brain-dead Johnson out of office. He's just a Democrat rubber stamp that will be replaced in 2014. Only reason he wasn't defeated by Thune in '08 was because of the corrupt reservation votes instigated by Acorn. That's not happening anymore, nor did it, thank goodness, when Thune ran out Dashole, although Dashole stepped on his own dingy in that election.

Keep up the good efforts in Wisconsin, Stan. We're all pulling for ya.

UB

road kill
12-28-2011, 03:02 PM
I would have loved to have heard that, but was getting a chemo infusion. Didn't tune in Belling, whose opinions I appreciate, except for his dissing Newt. Hope he hasn't also joined the elitists of the east and gotten on board with Romney. BTW, if Romney gets in, what the hell is his taxation revisions??? I don't believe he has a plan.

One would think with all Walker has done for the school districts that have chosen to take advantage of his programs, unlike the big city unionista-led teachers cabal, the people would be anxious to turn down any recall, and applaud his efforts to get the state on a correct path again. It's my hope the grass roots folks get involved, and come to the realization the unions are not their answer, and put sanity back in their state's government.

As to what is happening to that recall effort by the unions, it is getting no play in the Sodak media so far. The peoples republic of Sx Flls is falling all over themselves anxiously getting a couple of mental midget Democrats running for Kristi Noem's Congressional seat. While she may have stumbled briefly with her vote on the debt ceiling, which most of us Tea Partiers were quick to give her what-fer, she is on pretty strong footing with her other votes.

Now if only we didn't have to wait another two years to get brain-dead Johnson out of office. He's just a Democrat rubber stamp that will be replaced in 2014. Only reason he wasn't defeated by Thune in '08 was because of the corrupt reservation votes instigated by Acorn. That's not happening anymore, nor did it, thank goodness, when Thune ran out Dashole, although Dashole stepped on his own dingy in that election.

Keep up the good efforts in Wisconsin, Stan. We're all pulling for ya.

UB

And I am pulling for you Uncle Bill!

PEACE!

Stan b

Marvin S
12-28-2011, 05:33 PM
"I before e". You must not ever read Franco's posts.

In Stan's case a little "professional courtesy" to a fellow engineer :).

charly_t
12-28-2011, 07:49 PM
RK, our news people seldom ever talk about another state's governor. From what I have seen about Walker on the net I figure we should draft him for prez. He sounds like he knows how to fix our problems !

HPL
12-28-2011, 10:17 PM
Having been bred and born in a right to work state, I have to say that I approve of his union busting efforts. Speaking as the employer (translate that into taxpayer) of numerous civil servants, I am solidly against the civil service unions.

Nor_Cal_Angler
12-28-2011, 11:47 PM
Stan,

Living in California, do you really think the State Run Media (oppps, how dare I refer to CA as Communist) will allow any positive information about PEU's being broken out???

Didn't think so.

When I talk about Gov. Walker with my Union Brothers (sorry but can't be a Firefighter with out it, but I have touched upon my issues with my own union involvement) they get all kinds of bent....damn near FIGHTING WORDS around here.

It's ok...I have big shoulders and will continue to fight the fight....

There is a SMALL group of us that do fight back at almost every union meeting...but I by far am the most outspoken

Jake

road kill
12-29-2011, 08:08 AM
Stan,

Living in California, do you really think the State Run Media (oppps, how dare I refer to CA as Communist) will allow any positive information about PEU's being broken out???

Didn't think so.

When I talk about Gov. Walker with my Union Brothers (sorry but can't be a Firefighter with out it, but I have touched upon my issues with my own union involvement) they get all kinds of bent....damn near FIGHTING WORDS around here.

It's ok...I have big shoulders and will continue to fight the fight....

There is a SMALL group of us that do fight back at almost every union meeting...but I by far am the most outspoken

Jake

Interesting slant, as NO fire or police unions were affected here in WI by Governor Walker's "ACT 10" program.

RK

Franco
12-29-2011, 08:29 AM
What do people think?

Living in a Right To Work state it is hard for us to understand how a state can be controlled and bankrupted by public employee labor unions!

It is what happens when special interest(public employee unions) trumps the public's welfare because of pandering state politicians.

road kill
12-29-2011, 08:33 AM
It is interesting to us that the unionistas are pouring MILLIONS $$$$$ into WI, giving the impression of importance, yet the media is not reporting on this giving the impression of "nothing to see here!"

It is also estimated that this recall election will cost we taxpayers millions.
The left and the unions have no regard for that.

We voted, we elected, Walker has done what he said he would do......so he is being recalled.
Is there an issue with that?

stan b

Nor_Cal_Angler
12-29-2011, 09:04 AM
Interesting slant, as NO fire or police unions were affected here in WI by Governor Walker's "ACT 10" program.

RK

I know...They Don't...it's that whole Forrest for the Tree's thing with them.

They only see what the union wants them to see...They are gonna toe the line regardless.

I couldn't tell ya the time's I have pointed out purposeful deception on the part of the unions here with wording pamplets, "information" ad's and the such. only to be told I must be crazy...

Jake

road kill
12-30-2011, 06:29 AM
The "Recall Walker" zealots will be at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena collecting signatures to recall Governor Walker.:rolleyes:

Sounds a tad desperate.............

RK

charly_t
12-30-2011, 02:12 PM
The "Recall Walker" zealots will be at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena collecting signatures to recall Governor Walker.:rolleyes:

Sounds a tad desperate.............

RK

Uummm....is that legal. Yep, it does sound desperate.

Nor_Cal_Angler
12-30-2011, 03:10 PM
I am sure that Stan is making light and bringing to ligth the fact that they will be in CA to pray upon the eternal scholars of U of Wis. wishing that they can garner a simpathic ear from those ohhhhh so educated....

Jake

I sure hope they don't plan on suckering Californian's into signing a recall measure for a Gov. from another state....

charly_t
12-30-2011, 03:13 PM
I am sure that Stan is making light and bringing to ligth the fact that they will be in CA to pray upon the eternal scholars of U of Wis. wishing that they can garner a simpathic ear from those ohhhhh so educated....

Jake

I sure hope they don't plan on suckering Californian's into signing a recall measure for a Gov. from another state....

Uummm....doesn't Mickey Mouse live in CA ( that's a joke :-)

BonMallari
12-30-2011, 03:55 PM
Uummm....doesn't Mickey Mouse live in CA ( that's a joke :-)

yes but I hear he spends his winters in Orlando Florida :p:p

charly_t
12-30-2011, 05:36 PM
Yep, I hear most of us old people do like Florida in the Wnter. I wouldn't know since I am not as rich as Mickey Mouse.