PDA

View Full Version : Jay Leno/w RP tonight ( Dec. 28 )

charly_t
12-29-2011, 01:00 AM
I don't know if Jay Leno was a rerun or if it was new. RP was on there. People cheered for him. Wondered if anyone else had been watching ?

Franco
12-29-2011, 08:25 AM
I saw the videos on Youtube from RP's appearence two weeks ago. Don't now if last night was a rerun or not. Yes, the audience was really into what RP had to say and they were very enthusiastic.

Forget the polls and media talking heads and just watch what happens when the people speak with their vote!;-)

charly_t
12-29-2011, 01:13 PM
I found it interesting that the people seem to be a lot younger than me who seemed to be doing the cheering. However I did not see many good shots of those people. I was at the computer and I can't see the TV screen all that well from here. It was interesting listening to him :-) I think that a lot of people who liked Obama and voted for him in large numbers may have been this same age group. I'm wondering if this same age group are thinking "maybe grandpa is a wise old man so RP may be also". Maybe even though they voted for Obama and wouldn't admit it ( or that it was a bad mistake ) they are deciding to correct the wrong if they can. Just what I think that I see in some people's faces that I know better than a TV audience.

Franco
12-29-2011, 02:49 PM
All I can tell you is that anyone in La. working on RP's campaign has the same dress code as they do in Iowa. That being Business Casual, no unkept beards, tattoos, shaggy hair etc.

Most of the young people working on his campaign here are members of the La Chapter of Young Republicans. I appriciate independent thought. They support RP because of all his policies, not just one issue as his detractors would have you believe. But mostly, Monetary Sanity is what I hear the most.

I'm not surprised especially with Independents being the fastest growing political affliation in the USA that southern youth would support RP's platform. The Democartic Party is way to Liberal for most southern youth and the Republican party is way to Draconian on social issues for them.

Because he is not a War Hawk, IMO many extreme right Republicans will twist the facts so that they can escalate military action all across the middle east. If one is will to look at it objectivley, we have grown Islamic Terrorist with our current policy. We don't need the extreme right in the Republican party to start another full-blown crusade because there will be no winner!

JMiller
12-29-2011, 09:13 PM
Young voters are drawn to the liberty and ideals of RP. I go back and forth ebtween him and Newt - I am much more of a hawk than RP and not sure I can get past that