PDA

View Full Version : With all the negativity towards Newt...

Uncle Bill
12-29-2011, 03:36 PM
...here's an endorsement that's positive, and might INFORM some of those still on the fence. I'm of the opinion that Newt's program that begins the first day of his becoming POTUS. I couldn't care less with the MSP and east coast RINOs and GATGA elitists talking about his 'baggage'. It's what he's proposing NOW that matters, and he's the only one saying what will actually turn this nation around.

There isn't a Tea Party member that buys into Romney having a conservative bone in his body. While most of us will hold our nose and vote for him should his negative ads and hoodwinking of the so-called statists in the Washington beltway make him the Republican candidate. But if they were dissapointed in W, they will be discouraged with Romney.

I'm just tired of having my candidate selected by the MSP, and those that are sucking up to that following, just so they are part of the liberal party crowd. What a croc. I'm fed up with it!

UB

http://www.newsmax.com/Pages/2012?promo_code=DCE2-1

Uncle Bill
12-29-2011, 03:47 PM
Although, slightly offhanded, it appears Morris is also getting behind Newt.

UB

Dick Morris: Ron Paul 'Terrifying,' Romney's 'Apostasies'

With Ron Paul surging in Iowa polls, Dick Morris, the Fox News analyst and Republican strategist, warns of horrific consequences for the GOP if he wins the GOP nomination.

In a column released on Dickmorris.com this weekend, Morris writes:

"Ron Paul remains terrifying. He is really the ultimate liberal in the race. He wants to legalize drugs, repeal the Patriot Act, slash our military spending, pull out of Afghanistan... On these issues, he’s way, way to the left of Obama. What makes him a conservative is hard to tell. But, whatever he is, he would be a disaster as the Republican candidate. His bland assertion in the last debate, that 'anyone' will beat Obama is both self-serving and inaccurate. He wouldn’t. Anyone who votes for Paul and is not brought up short by his denuding us in our defenses against terrorism and his passivity in the face of Iranian nuclear weapons, has to realize that nominating him is tantamount to re-electing Obama."

Morris notes that while Newt Gingrich leads as the favorite candidate among Tea Party Patriots polled, a splintering effect among more conservative candidates continues to help Romney.

The latest conservative-leaning candidate to see a surge is Rick Santorum, Morris says.

But Morris predicts that support for Romney will wane as a "buyer’s remorse may set in," especially as Republican primary voters realize they are backing the candidate who instituted Romneycare, a program similar to President Obama's healthcare plan.

As conservatives realize a vote for any conservative other than Gingrich is a vote for Romney, Morris predicts a Gingrich comeback.

Franco
12-29-2011, 04:00 PM
Not only is Dick Morris a big fat joke, which political party is he working for this week?

Only Bill O'Reilly and hannity are stupid enough to have that joker as a regular on their shows!

Following the money will tell you exactly what will come out of his mouth.

P S

D Morris is as disgusting as Karl Rove! I'll never forgive Mr Rove for championing as hard as he did for the invasion of Iraq.

Hew
12-29-2011, 04:12 PM
I'll never forgive Mr Rove for championing as hard as he did for the invasion of Iraq.
How did you manage to forgive yourself for championing the Iraq invasion?

Franco
12-29-2011, 04:16 PM
How did you manage to forgive yourself for championing the Iraq invasion?

You do love to twist things around!

I have said many time on here before that I supported securing WMD's and that I was 100% against occupation or nation building! And, that was from day 1.

Must you always try and twist the truth?

Uncle Bill
12-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Not only is Dick Morris a big fat joke, which political party is he working for this week?

Only Bill O'Reilly is stupid enough to have that joker as a regular on his show!

Following the money will tell you exactly what will come out of his mouth.

Your ox is so easily gored, as is getting your goat. Anyone that has a different opinion about your selection for the POTUS, is ridiculed as being ignorant fools. As you stick out your finger to point at me and the others that aren't climbing on your RP bandwagon, just remember that addage of the other three fingers are pointing at you.

Live it up. RP is having a heyday talking to his Iowa and Iowa State students in favor of that RP view of legalizing pot. Enjoy the Iowa rush while it lasts. It will be his last hurrah.

UB

Franco
12-29-2011, 04:21 PM
Your ox is so easily gored, as is getting your goat. Anyone that has a different opinion about your selection for the POTUS, is ridiculed as being ignorant fools. As you stick out your finger to point at me and the others that aren't climbing on your RP bandwagon, just remember that addage of the other three fingers are pointing at you.

Live it up. RP is having a heyday talking to his Iowa and Iowa State students in favor of that RP view of legalizing pot. Enjoy the Iowa rush while it lasts. It will be his last hurrah.

UB

I can and will support Romney if he gets the nomination. I won't support Gingrich! Gingrich is not trust worthy and is as big a Narcissist as Obama.

Hew
12-29-2011, 04:54 PM
Must you always try and twist the truth?
There's no twisting. You said you supported the Iraq invasion. Karl Rove supported the Iraq invasion. You forgave yourself, but can't forgive him. That's prime, straight-as-an-arrow lumber there...no twists or knots. Sorry you don't like it. ;-)

Hew
12-29-2011, 04:58 PM
I can and will support Romney if he gets the nomination.
That's good to hear. I was afraid you went all-in on the Ron Paul Crazy Train and weren't ever coming back.

Franco
12-29-2011, 05:17 PM
There's no twisting. You said you supported the Iraq invasion. Karl Rove supported the Iraq invasion. You forgave yourself, but can't forgive him. That's prime, straight-as-an-arrow lumber there...no twists or knots. Sorry you don't like it. ;-)

Big diffrence! When the Bush Administration started talking Nation Building, I said it will never work and lets get out now. Rove supported the occupation and nation building both in Iraq and A'stan.

D Morris is just trying to peddle his worthless on-line newsletter filled with misinformation.

2tall
12-29-2011, 05:41 PM
"Ron Paul remains terrifying. He is really the ultimate liberal in the race. He wants to legalize drugs, repeal the Patriot Act, slash our military spending, pull out of Afghanistan...

Wow! Thank you so much Uncle Bill!!!! I did not think there would be ANYONE for me to vote for. You have just changed my mind, I think I can be a Republican again if its RP!:D:D:D

road kill
12-29-2011, 05:53 PM
Big diffrence! When the Bush Administration started talking Nation Building, I said it will never work and lets get out now. Rove supported the occupation and nation building both in Iraq and A'stan.

D Morris is just trying to peddle his worthless on-line newsletter filled with misinformation.

Those newsletters can be troublesome, can't they????;-)

RK

Franco
12-29-2011, 05:56 PM
Those newsletters can be troublesome, can't they????;-)

RK

Troublesome? They are garbage!

Marvin S
12-29-2011, 05:59 PM

& those of your chosen one from 20 years ago or so, were what? :confused: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

road kill
12-29-2011, 06:01 PM
& those of your chosen one from 20 years ago or so, were what? :confused: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

Oh, but that's different..........

hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Sgt. "I see nothinggggggg, I know nothinggggggg" Schultz regards...........

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg62/bobbie45smith/TV%20Shows/Hogans-Heroes-Photograph-C12149327.jpg

RK

Nor_Cal_Angler
12-29-2011, 06:10 PM
Franco,

Even a slow poke from California saw that one....

Stan....;););)

Well played regards,

Jake

Franco
12-29-2011, 07:58 PM
PR is not a paid hack like Morris!

JDogger
12-29-2011, 08:05 PM
Who is PR?

JD

PS Who were the 29 "guests" this afternoon or the dozen or so right now? Are there so many viewers of this forum who are unregistered, or do not have the site bookmarked to log them in automatically. I choose to remain "hidden" when I am reading, but I always sign my posts, "JD", and those of you who have been around here for a while, know who I am.

M&K's Retrievers
12-29-2011, 09:19 PM
PR is not a paid hack like Morris!

How much did he make off his news letter? How much has/will he make from being a professional politician? He's a hack.

What are you going to do when RP loses, LSU loses and the Saints lose?

It won't be pretty regards,

JDogger
12-29-2011, 09:55 PM
How much did he make off his news letter? How much has/will he make from being a professional politician? He's a hack.

I imagine that we'll all just go on. Don't you Mike? JD

JMiller
12-29-2011, 10:00 PM
I'm curious - how far has anyone here gone to support a candidate? Would you donate, hand out flyers, volunteer? Any one that inspires you to do so?

Jim

BonMallari
12-29-2011, 10:10 PM
I'm curious - how far has anyone here gone to support a candidate? Would you donate, hand out flyers, volunteer? Any one that inspires you to do so?

Jim

done all the above for Pete Wilson in California -Gov, and Pres campaigns,John Ensign in NV (regret that one) and my friend Ronny Crownover for State Representative Dist 64 in TX and subsequently his wife Myra after we lost him to leukemia in 2000....

also campaigned for one Democrat, my friend the late Ken Cory, who started as my local Assemblyman in California, rose to the ranks of the State Controller, and somewhere along the way trained with Rex Carr and had a couple of FC AFC including being a National Amateur Finalist...

Marvin S
12-29-2011, 10:27 PM

Jim

I'll go beyond that - 5 times a candidate - twice a winner - I do not take on candidacies that are a cake walk - I run for a purpose as I am old school - & get a message out - Also donate, just not as much as in the past as here are not a lot of people that have a worthy message. Will occasionally put up a sign.

JDogger
12-29-2011, 10:45 PM
Is JMILLER a troll?

JD

2tall
12-29-2011, 11:16 PM
I think so! Fish on!

Franco
12-30-2011, 07:39 AM

Mike, your jealousy is too obvious!

M&K's Retrievers
12-30-2011, 10:06 AM
Mike, your jealousy is too obvious!

Jealous of what? 5 Super Bowl Trophies out of 8 appearances? 1 NBA Championship? 2 ALCS and World Series Appearances? 1 Stanley Cup?

When not rooting for the Cowboys, I'm a Saints fan. I guess I'm jealous that Jones let their coach go.

Ron Paul? I don't think so, Tim. :rolleyes:

Act like you have been there before regards,

Uncle Bill
12-31-2011, 12:32 PM

At least he doesn't deny writing them, as opposed to your "truth-teller", eh?

UB

Franco
12-31-2011, 03:15 PM
Your boy was kicked out of the House Of Reps by his own party for being dishonest. Gingrich had to pay a $300,000 fine for not being capable of telling the truth. Today, even his own party won't support his run!

M&K's Retrievers
12-31-2011, 04:07 PM
At least he doesn't deny writing them, as opposed to your "truth-teller", eh?

UB

Don't bother, UB. Franco is in his Bueller, Bueller stage.:p

Uncle Bill
12-31-2011, 04:51 PM
FWIW, and especially to prop up some of my fellow Newt followers, if you haven't taken time to view this site, here's you opportunity to hear some "positive" Newt comments.

http://www.newsmax.com/Pages/2012?promo_code=DCD5-1

Like I've stated many times, I couldn't care less about his 'baggage' that only the negative campaigners are willing to hang their hats on, but I'm in favor of what he's bringing to this campaign NOW, and how he intends to get this country back on track.

Hope you take the time to watch this. Might wash the negativity from your mind that gets spewed by the druggies on board that don't give a crap about what happens to this nation, just make their drugs legal. Hard to imagine they are so brain-washed they think if RP gets in, he can make that happen. Have they no conception that he might have to run that through Congress?

Oddly enough when RP first entered the Congress, his main goal was to return this nation to the gold standard, and I was on board with that. But eventually he started getting further away from what I felt was important for him to be championing, so I quit his newsletter. His anti-semitism was just too blatent for me, along with his misguided views of protectionism. It would be nice to believe our nation can survive without the rest of the world, but that's lame thinking. Our Ag industry would be a disaster for one.

Franco and the others are free to believe as they want, but tell me when their candidates have even requested any forgiveness for past deviances? They continue to flaunt those pecadilloes with zero remorse. But then, Newt fans aren't allowed to question those candidates pasts. Besides, he couldn't possibly come up with the money to offset the negative false adds that even the MSP have stated are prevarications beyond the pale.

We can never expect an atheist to buy into what Newt's gone through, nor his commitment to changing his ways. But I do, so that's where I stand, and a sizeable contribution has gone to his camp that I hope will help.

UB

Franco
12-31-2011, 07:49 PM
UB, your entire post is sad and filled with bitterness, very sad.

You do know that part of Newt's plea bargain is that other ethics violations were tabled. If the GOP is foolish enough to nominate him, the Dems will have a field day.

M&K's Retrievers
12-31-2011, 08:07 PM
UB, your entire post is sad and filled with bitterness, very sad.

You do know that part of Newt's plea bargain is that other ethics violations were tabled. If the GOP is foolish enough to nominate him, the Dems will have a field day.

If the GOP is foolish enough to nominate RP, the Dems, the third party candidate, the MSM and Fox will have a field day.

Uncle Bill
01-01-2012, 06:10 PM
With all due respect, Franco...I believe what is REAL sad is the ganging up of your boy, RP and his willing compadre, Mitt Romney...and the rest of the east coast statists and elite, with their PAC spending all aimed at Newt.

While it may all be 'legal', it's far from being moral. But then, why would you folks that only care about how your ox is being gored give a dayum about morality, or providing all the fodder they can for the Obama campaign to use as ammo, when it's their turn???

What does it take to have no remorse for 'winning at any cost'??? Whatever it takes, I reckon. It's remarkable, however, how you can look in the mirror and tell everyone "you fought the GOOD??? fight".

UB

Tens of Millions Spent to Target Newt Gingrich

Sunday, 01 Jan 2012 01:33 PM
By Gary Cohen

http://www.newsmax.com/App_Themes/Newsmax/images/articlePage/clear.gif

On the cusp of the Iowa caucuses, well-funded so-called super PACs are using the political clout given to them by the nation's highest court in an unprecedented tour de financial force.

Data collected by the Center for Responsive Politics indicates 264 super PACs have raised more than $32 million and spent almost $16 million in the 2012 election cycle thus far, The Hill reports.

http://www.newsmax.com/getattachment/ae54d064-5e8d-435c-80dd-fa08d78afd90/gingrichsmall.jpg.aspxThe lion's share of the money those groups have spent has targeted former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, according to The Hill. The impact in Iowa is clear: Iowa voters are being reminded repeatedly about Gingrich's ties to Freddie Mac, his divorces, and his lengthy Capitol Hill career.

"This is politics" former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney said last week when he reacted to calls for him to condemn attack ads run by the group Restore Our Future.

The Huffington Post points out that those were part of a $3.3 million negative ad campaign waged by the group against Gingrich.

Candidates with enough financial clout are able to lay their own groundwork to mobilize voters and remain positive while the super PACS continue to run negative ads, the Huffington Post reports.

Campaign finance observers have been concerned that empowered by the January 2010 U.S. Supreme Court ruling allowing independent groups to raise and spend unlimited money, such groups would change the balance of campaigns dramatically. In the past the political battlefield has been overseen by political party organizations and candidate committees.

According to a Huffington Post analysis of independent expenditures thus far this election cycle, super PACs have combined to spend $11 million in the Republican primaries, including at least $5.8 million in Iowa alone.

Colby College Professor and campaign finance expert Anthony Corrado pointed out the nature of super PACs.

"These are entities who are organized for a particular candidate. They have every incentive to spend all of their money now. These PACs are organized to help candidates get through Iowa, New Hampshire and all of the early states," he told the Huffington Post.

To put the spending in the 2012 election cycle in perspective, one may look back at the previous two cycles.

As reported to the FEC, in the 2008 cycle, independent groups, the largest of which were unions, spent a combined $3.4 million on independent expenditures across all of the primary states leading up to the Iowa caucuses.

In 2004, those groups reported to the FEC $1.5 million in spending in the run-up to the caucuses.

The super PACs are benefitting from loopholes which protect donors from being exposed. Politico points out the loopholes let the groups keep the identities of their donors private until votes are cast in the first four major contests.

Some of the super PACs that support Romney, Gingric, and former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman have written this month to FEC requesting a change that would permit them to delay revealing who their funders are, reports Politico.

In previous interviews with Politico, FEC commissioners have suggested the disclosure rules may need to be updated to reflect the rise of PACs as the driving forces in presidential politics.

"Super Pacs are functioning as the alter egos of the campaigns and their activity was clearly not anticipated when the statutes were put in place," Democratic FEC appointee Ellen Weintraub tells Politico.

Former Gingrich press secretary Rick Tyler is now a top adviser to the group Winning Our Future. "It's ridiculous that we have the ability to raise unlimited money and direct the message of the campaigns when the candidates themselves don't have this," he noted to Politico.

Former FEC X\Chairman Scott Thomas says super PACs "want to withhold disclosure as much as possible. As voters we should be able to know who is funding and connected to these groups because there's so much information to be gleaned. It would make a huge difference to many voters."