PDA

View Full Version : Taliban Not Our Enemy

Gerry Clinchy
01-02-2012, 02:41 PM
I was greatly relieved a couple of weeks ago to hear Joe Biden tell us all that the Taliban were not our enemy:rolleyes:

The real enemy was Al Quaeda. So, I was really kind of surprised :eek: that AQ and the Taliban are such good buddies ... fighting together in A'stan, and asking for more fighters from P'stan to help them out.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/01/02/al-qaeda-taliban-call-on-pakistani-militants-to-join-clashes-in-afghanistan/

"For God's sake, forget all your differences and give us fighters to boost the battle against America in Afghanistan," senior Al Qaedacommander Abu Yahya al-Libi told Pakistani fighters at a meeting on Dec. 11, according to a militant who attended.

The Afghan Taliban fighters at the meetings included Zabiullah Mujahid, a well-known spokesman, and Maulvi Sangin, who claims to have custody of U.S. Army Pvt. Bowe R. Bergdahl, captured in Afghanistan in 2009.

So they set up a council to resolve tribal rivalries, (so they could get on with fighting the evil Americans)

A pamphlet handed out in North Waziristan over the past two days announced the formation of the five-member committee, saying it was established in consultation with the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, the name given to the country by the Taliban. It called on Pakistani militants to coordinate with each other and "avoid unwarranted killings and kidnappings for ransom."

"If any holy warrior is found involved in an unjustified murder or crime, he will be answerable to the committee and could face Islamic punishment," said the pamphlet, a copy of which was obtained by the AP.

Maybe RP is right after all ... if we just stay home, they'll kill each other off. They might even realize that it's not Americans that are at the root of their problems, but themselves? Of course, in the process, there would be a lot of collateral damage to innocents & looks like they'd end up setting the whole Mid East on fire.

HPL
01-02-2012, 09:12 PM
I
Maybe RP is right after all ... if we just stay home, they'll kill each other off. They might even realize that it's not Americans that are at the root of their problems, but themselves? Of course, in the process, there would be a lot of collateral damage to innocents & looks like they'd end up setting the whole Mid East on fire.[/LEFT]

I'm all for that last part. Let them whack each other until there is a manageable number left, then go back and take care of them.

charly_t
01-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Uuummm......wasn't it just last week that the USA sold ......uuummm.....maybe F-15s to one of those dang
countries who want us gone from their "holy country".
I'm not exactly an isolationist but there are times when
minding our own business would just be good old common
sense it seems to me.

J Hoggatt
01-02-2012, 11:37 PM
According to this country's Vice President--- My son wasn't shot by the enemy......So he must give back his purple heart and call it "Friendly Fire". I would like to see him tell the wounded soldiers this to their face and the family's of the fallen. This make me lower my head is shame - that our administration is this far from reality.

How can anyone take this administration serious.....seriously..... it is all about spin, policital correctness gone wild.....

charly_t
01-03-2012, 01:07 AM
According to this country's Vice President--- My son wasn't shot by the enemy......So he must give back his purple heart and call it "Friendly Fire". I would like to see him tell the wounded soldiers this to their face and the family's of the fallen. This make me lower my head is shame - that our administration is this far from reality.

How can anyone take this administration serious.....seriously..... it is all about spin, policital correctness gone wild.....

I am so sorry that this is happening to your son. Tell him the rest of us thank him and feel he should have it. He is entitled to it more than ever as far as I am concerned.

This bunch in DC are counting on the public relations people to make them look good. I wish that more people could see the hype for what it is. I just don't think you can trust politicians anymore. And those people who vote the party ticket makes no difference who is on it are the worst. They are letting someone else pick for them. Just makes no sense at all.

BonMallari
01-03-2012, 01:29 AM

How can anyone take this administration serious.....seriously..... it is all about spin, political correctness gone wild.....

I dont care where the bullet or shell fragments came from, your son is a REAL LIFE HERO, very sad when our country abandons our servicemen for the sake of political correctness...

zeus3925
01-03-2012, 08:55 AM
Biden is Biden--He likes chewing on his own toes.

charly_t
01-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Biden is Biden--He likes chewing on his own toes.

That is funnyyyyyyy. All I can say is he is showing his age rather badly. Of course he probably always had some problems along this line.

road kill
01-03-2012, 01:07 PM

Thank you & your son for your sacrifices for this great country!
Hold your head high and be proud!!

As far as this decision, then get that famous war hero, John Kerry's PH back.:rolleyes:

Please have patience, this will be corrected soon.

It appears when this administration can use the military for their political gain (such as killing Bin Laden and Ghadaffy) they are all for it, otherwise they hold it in disdain.

Very sad..............

Stan b

BTW--Your son doesn't need a medal on his chest to prove he has honor!!!

J Hoggatt
01-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Thank you & your son for your sacrifices for this great country!
Hold your head high and be proud!!

As far as this decision, then get that famous war hero, John Kerry's PH back.:rolleyes:

Please have patience, this will be corrected soon.

It appears when this administration can use the military for their political gain (such as killing Bin Laden and Ghadaffy) they are all for it, otherwise they hold it in disdain.

Very sad..............

Stan b

BTW--Your son doesn't need a medal on his chest to prove he has honor!!!

Thanks
but for clarity --- No one will take his purple heart from him..........It was just an illustration if Obama / Biden had their way - this is would could happen........

PS> My son has made a full recovery........ He will be leaving the 1stID and going to Italy to join the 173rd Airborne Division in June.