PDA

View Full Version : LMAO.....One Lib group,

dback
01-04-2012, 06:15 PM
peeing on another http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/04/9952873-feds-propose-allowing-wind-farm-developer-to-kill-golden-eagles darn those little 'unforeseen' hurdles in finding the perfect 'clean' energy sources. I'm still shocked that no 'conservationists' have thrown a fit about mountain ranges cut to pieces in order to provide service roads to each of these wind generators.

BonMallari
01-04-2012, 06:38 PM
I saw my first Golden eagle outside of Moab Utah last year, he was sitting atop a telephone pole and looked to be about four feet tall, when it took off, it was spectacular

Marvin S
01-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Saw my 1st Golden Eagle in ND on a haystack circa 1962, beautiful bird, moreso than the Baldy.

The 1-16-2012 Forbes has "Wind vs Bird" about the California Condor & the the Tehachapi project in Kern County. It talks of loss of Alpha birds so there are no loss provisions in the wind farms certificate of approval.

While I am for sensible preservation & I think this approach to the Condors is acceptable, the lack of respect by the lefty's for Private Property rights is off the wall, IMO.

road kill
01-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Saw my 1st Golden Eagle in ND on a haystack circa 1962, beautiful bird, moreso than the Baldy.

The 1-16-2012 Forbes has "Wind vs Bird" about the California Condor & the the Tehachapi project in Kern County. It talks of loss of Alpha birds so there are no loss provisions in the wind farms certificate of approval.

While I am for sensible preservation & I think this approach to the Condors is acceptable, the lack of respect by the lefty's for Private Property rights is off the wall, IMO.

There is NO private property in the giant commune they envision!!!

PEACE!!!

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r220/rochambeau310/peace_symbol_8.gif

RK

dback
01-05-2012, 08:26 PM

In this case, I'm not advocating greater or less preservation......'sensible preservation' is a great phrase. What amuses/repulses me, is the hypocrisy of the "green/lib/conservationist/progressive" crowd. California in short. The 'Code Pink' idiots will protest a Marine recruiting office until they are blue in the face and the conservationist will require you carry a 'ziplock' bag to remove the TP and 'byproduct' of a healthy 'dump' in their woods......protest a refinery to their final breath and live in a tree to prevent its' removal until the rash on their arse resembles gangrene, but.......Tehachapi is wonderful because it's renewable!!!! Never mind that it doesn't produce shait and has cut up hundreds of square miles of mountain range with service roads to each generator. If a Harrier sucked a Golden Eagle into its intake......every Marine pilot in the US would be grounded, but if it's a 'wind generator'........Aaaah well....we'll live with that. :rolleyes:

HPL
01-06-2012, 12:45 AM
They've built a bunch of these bird whacking eyesores along the gulf coast here in my area and of course it turns out that they are only economically feasible with massive subsidies. I wonder how many ducks, hawks (big wintering area for hawks) and migrating songbirds get swept from the sky. Just wait till they kill their first whooping crane. Compared to whooping cranes golden eagles are as common as house sparrows.