PDA

View Full Version : For the Romney fans...

Sharon Potter
01-08-2012, 07:13 PM
I don't know about you, but I'd have a real hard time voting for a guy who strapped his dog in a crate on the roof of his car and drove 12 hours, with his only concern being stopping in order to hose off the diarrhea the nervous dog blew all over his car.

True.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/romney/dog.asp

M&K's Retrievers
01-08-2012, 07:49 PM
I'd have a harder time voting for Obama however he does transport his dog on Air Force One.

Gerry Clinchy
01-08-2012, 08:39 PM
I don't know about you, but I'd have a real hard time voting for a guy who strapped his dog in a crate on the roof of his car and drove 12 hours, with his only concern being stopping in order to hose off the diarrhea the nervous dog blew all over his car.

True.

The thing about this that is additionally disturbing is that it is so fundamentally (Newt might say "stunningly") DUMB.

Sharon Potter
01-08-2012, 08:45 PM
You can tell a lot about a person's character by the way they treat their animals. And this statement...the way he blows it off, even today...says nothing has changed. Romney says " They're not happy that my dog loves fresh air".

BonMallari
01-08-2012, 09:27 PM
you may choose/vote for whomever you want for POTUS, but if you have base it strictly on an alleged incident on SNOPES (since we know everything on there is true) be my guest....even if Mitt show a temporary lapse in sound judgement, the country has much bigger issues at hand

Next thing is someone will point out that Gov Perry has his lab trained by a pro. which should disqualifies him from the office somehow

and then who can forget (if you are old enough) LBJ picking up that loveable but very vocal beagle by the ears...that beagle was named J.Edgar...and he was a pretty cool dog with his own security detail and limo, darn thing would not shut up,spoiled rotten.;-)

Pat Puwal
01-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Kind of a silly thing to do, but 1983 was 29 years ago so hopefully he learned. Pres. Lyndon Johnson picked up his Beagles by the ears and swung them around for the press corps! Pres. Coolidge and Roosevelt (Teddy) kept a whole raft of zoo animals on the White House grounds - snakes, racoons, coyote, bears, etc. Pres. Obama never even let his children have a dog until he got elected. The American taxpayers do pay for rides on Air Force One when it gets to go with the family.

Marvin S
01-08-2012, 09:41 PM

True.

One does not need this to figure out MR is a dork. The designer jeans he wears probably cost more than most peoples outfits when they dress up! Funny how the jeans remind me of that other guy from MA with his hunting jacket with the tags still on it :(. But those people know no better, Silver Spoon, regards :).

Sharon Potter
01-08-2012, 09:54 PM
I'd feel better about it if he'd own up and say he made a mistake....but all these years later, he still blows it off and thinks it was an OK thing to do.

caryalsobrook
01-08-2012, 10:12 PM

True.

I wonder if the person who wrote the article wanted all to make assumptions that might not actually be true. I have also traveled as much as 12 hours with my dogs and also aired them out when I stopped for gas whick is 3 or 4 times in a 12 hour trip. I had rather have a crate SECURELY tied down on the top of an SUV as opposed to poorly secured of unsecured in a truck. It did say that he had built a shield for wind for the crate. As to the diarrhea, I have no doubt that many trainers have had to deal with dogs that have had the same problem on trips.

He may have done a lousy job of securing the crate to the SUV due to ignorance, carelessness or lack of concern. I don't know since I did not see what he did. He may not have aired the dog when he stopped for gas but again the article was not clear.

kTo sum up, I am not going to judge anybody as to their ignorance or lack of desire to care for their dog based to the article you cite.

1tulip
01-08-2012, 10:58 PM
you may choose/vote for whomever you want for POTUS, but if you have base it strictly on an alleged incident on SNOPES (since we know everything on there is true) be my guest....even if Mitt show a temporary lapse in sound judgement, the country has much bigger issues at hand

Next thing is someone will point out that Gov Perry has his lab trained by a pro. which should disqualifies him from the office somehow

and then who can forget (if you are old enough) LBJ picking up that loveable but very vocal beagle by the ears...that beagle was named J.Edgar...and he was a pretty cool dog with his own security detail and limo, darn thing would not shut up,spoiled rotten.;-)

I'm old enough. Egads!

Any one remember "Buddy" the chocolate lab Clinton had? Poor dog met a mysterious end in New York shortly after the family left the White House. Interestingly, so did Sox the cat.

Pat Puwal
01-08-2012, 11:17 PM
"Buddy" got run over by a car after the Clintons moved to New York. I heard that "Sox" was given away.

Hew
01-09-2012, 08:26 AM
Wow..that's insane what Romney did! I could never vote for someone who did that. Or let their dog ride in the bed of a pick-up. Or let their dog ride in the car without a seatbelt with their head out the window. What a bunch of ignorant hicks who would do stuff like that!

:rolleyes:;-):rolleyes:;-):rolleyes:

Jim Person
01-09-2012, 09:30 AM
I believe you will see a Romney/Christie ticket going after Obama this fall. I also think it would take a watergate type scandel to stop the republican take over in the whitehouse.

Hew
01-09-2012, 09:44 AM
I believe you will see a Romney/Christie ticket going after Obama this fall.
That wouldn't cause me any heartburn as I like Christie a lot. I think the conventional political wisdom is that he shouldn't/wouldn't pick anyone from the same geographic region (the northeast). I alos don't see him picking another moderate like himself, either. I think he goes for someone with more conservative street cred from another region of the country.

Gerry Clinchy
01-10-2012, 12:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ayint66IUs

A new development for Romney? Could hardly wait to see what the Obama campaign would do with this.