PDA

View Full Version : After tomorrow night...

Uncle Bill
01-09-2012, 05:16 PM
...(that's Tuesday night...1/10/12, for those of you in Rio Linda)...WHO will cut and run???

I don't think Huntsman has enough $$$ to stay in, and I doubt he will be the New Hampshire surprise he hopes he is. Many pundits are claiming he will do in NH, what Santorum did in Iowa. I doubt that.

BTW, FWIW, if you haven't read "Time to get Tough" by the Donald, you should. It's a good read, and spot on.

UB

BonMallari
01-09-2012, 05:26 PM
NH isnt the deal beaker...South Carolina and Florida are since they have a truer representation of conservatives...it has to be Waterloo for Perry and maybe for Newt..RP has his fanboys and girls still filling the cofers on the internet..if Santorum pulls the upset in SoCar he may pick up more funding but highly doubt it

but your guess is as good as mine

road kill
01-09-2012, 05:38 PM
I know who needs to go.......besides the obvious (RP who is basically gone), Gingrich.

What a bitch.......he is doing nothing for the country or the party.

He is a self centered idealogue.

Just sayin'.......

RK

Cody Covey
01-09-2012, 05:46 PM
I know who needs to go.......besides the obvious (RP who is basically gone), Gingrich.

What a bitch.......he is doing nothing for the country or the party.

He is a self centered idealogue.

Just sayin'.......

RK
Could not agree anymore. The only argument he had was that a Super PAC (which gingrich has as well) is running ads that Gingrich says are lies. Romney listed all the truths in them and stated if there is anything false the ads should stop but he is not in control of them. But Gingrich is still harping on it. Gingrich was up but 20+ points at one time and his mouth got him in trouble and now he doesn't like being at the bottom of the pack.

Gerry Clinchy
01-09-2012, 08:10 PM
And here is a final thought for all the Republican candidates.
Only buzzards feed on their friends.

Patrick Dorinson blogs at "The Cowboy Libertarian" and he can be heard on a
radio program with the same name on Sundays, from 11-12 noon PT on KFBK radio. Listen online http://www.cowboylibertarian.com/ (http://www.cowboylibertarian.com/)

Seems like everyone already has brought out everyone else's dirty laundry, so maybe after NH they might get back to issues? and being more specific about how they plan to change the track the country is on?

Gerry Clinchy
01-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Well ... if RP, Newt, and Perry are "deleted" ... that leaves Mitt, Santorum, and Huntsman. Electile dysfunction, indeed.

Jason Glavich
01-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Well ... if RP, Newt, and Perry are "deleted" ... that leaves Mitt, Santorum, and Huntsman. Electile dysfunction, indeed.

RP wont be deleted,he will be ignored not matter what it will be the norm to ignore him. 2 news stations this morning said this

Romney is polling in 1st and Santorum and huntsman are in a close run for third........

Well I guess there is no 2nd place in polls, but oddly enough they had RP listed they just treated it as he whos name shall not be spoken.

BonMallari
01-10-2012, 08:31 PM
at least with Mitt Romney we get a polished, well spoken lady in his wife Ann,who wont be saying any dumb moronic comments like Mrs BHO

1tulip
01-11-2012, 12:23 AM
Since the primaries are no longer winner take all... this could go on for a while. The party insiders around here have been saying it could even be a brokered convention. Although, if Romney keeps this up... it will drain $$$ away from the competition.

I'm OK with Romney. It could be a disaster, however, if conservatives (and "Ron-ulans") whimp out, refuse to bust hump, walk precincts, work phone lines, stuff envelopes and write checks to win the next election.

BonMallari
01-11-2012, 01:16 AM
Since the primaries are no longer winner take all... this could go on for a while. The party insiders around here have been saying it could even be a brokered convention. Although, if Romney keeps this up... it will drain $$$ away from the competition.

I'm OK with Romney. It could be a disaster, however, if conservatives (and "Ron-ulans") whimp out, refuse to bust hump, walk precincts, work phone lines, stuff envelopes and write checks to win the next election.

that has me worried too...I think this primary process will leave many with butthurt feelings toward whoever gets nominated and I see them sitting at home and apathetic on the whole voting process,almost out of spite...I just dont see enough CONSERVATIVES saying that the most important thing is defeating BHO, they all seem to want to quibble about who is more right, and who is the truer conservative,which is all moot if we as a party and as a nation lose the election to the status quo

M&K's Retrievers
01-11-2012, 01:52 AM
that has me worried too...I think this primary process will leave many with butthurt feelings toward whoever gets nominated and I see them sitting at home and apathetic on the whole voting process,almost out of spite...I just dont see enough CONSERVATIVES saying that the most important thing is defeating BHO, they all seem to want to quibble about who is more right, and who is the truer conservative,which is all moot if we as a party and as a nation lose the election to the status quo

Bon, I fear this as well. I'm not crazy about any of the GOP candidates but I would, I say I would vote and campaign for Foghorn Leghorn if he were the only choice versus Obama.

road kill
01-11-2012, 06:36 AM
Hey Franco,

Props to your man, I didn't think he would perform this well in NH.

I still don't think he can win, but he is relevant to the direction of the conversation.

Just sayin'.......;-)

RK

Franco
01-11-2012, 07:14 AM
RP is still a longshot though not as long a shot as he was several months ago. There is no doubt that his campaign is picking up momentum. His message is beginning to resonate with Independents, Moderates, disinfranchised Democrats, Evangelicals, youth, Conservatives and of course he is by far the choice of young men and women serving in the military!

His message has long shaped the Repub debate and even had Obama talking about perserving Liberty and Free Markets!

The way I see it, it is between he and Romney for the nomination. I expect RP to do very well in Florida.

This is an awesome and very moving speech that he gave last night;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da6irSCvnZY

road kill
01-11-2012, 07:28 AM
RP is still a longshot though not as long a shot as he was several months ago. There is no doubt that his campaign is picking up momentum. His message is beginning to resonate with Independents, Moderates, disinfranchised Democrats, Evangelicals, youth, Conservatives and of course he is by far the choice of young men and women serving in the military!

His message has long shaped the Repub debate and even had Obama talking about perserving Liberty and Free Markets!

The way I see it, it is between he and Romney for the nomination. I expect RP to do very well in Florida.

This is an awesome and very moving speech that he gave last night;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da6irSCvnZY

I heard it this morning.
My point is, that if Romney wants Pauls support, and his votes, he best start addressing the issues that Paul is correct on.
To me (and I have said this before) Paul is dead on on the econmy.

It's the other stuff where he loses me and many others.

The plot thickens................

RK

Franco
01-11-2012, 07:33 AM
I think we can beat Romney for the nomination!

We can beat Obama in November.

The campaign is just really getting started.

Some key Conservatives and others are getting ready to support him.

dixidawg
01-11-2012, 08:32 AM
It could be a disaster, however, if conservatives (and "Ron-ulans") whimp out, refuse to bust hump, walk precincts, work phone lines, stuff envelopes and write checks to win the next election.

MANY of the Ronbots I know say they will either write in Ron Paul or not vote.

Franco
01-11-2012, 12:04 PM

Why would RP supporters want to support the Status Quo? Is Rmoney really any different than what the GOP has served up in the past?

Fastest growing political affilation are Independents. Many are sick an tired of the same old, same old from both the Dems and Repubs. Both parties have created the mess. People want real change. Many thought they had it with Obama. RP is the real deal!

Gerry Clinchy
01-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Is Romney really any different than what the GOP has served up in the past?

Maybe a tad. However, it's a step above Obama. I'm not a Romney fan, but if there are enough liberals who are dissatisfied with O, they might well vote for Romney.

Winning the battle of the election in 2012, may not be winning the war ... but will it be a step forward toward the winning of the war? or a step toward losing the war? Not sure of the answer.

Cody Covey
01-11-2012, 01:26 PM

Why would RP supporters want to support the Status Quo? Is Rmoney really any different than what the GOP has served up in the past?

Fastest growing political affilation are Independents. Many are sick an tired of the same old, same old from both the Dems and Repubs. Both parties have created the mess. People want real change. Many thought they had it with Obama. RP is the real deal!
So if RP does lose and Romney wins, is it your plan to stay home in November?

Franco
01-11-2012, 01:34 PM
I'd probably vote for R-money knowing he isn't going to address and of the real problems. Much easier to win an election promising no pain than to address real issues that might be out of the comfy zone for much of the electorate.

I can't speak for the rest as RP's supporters as they are a very diverse group.

blind ambition
01-11-2012, 05:38 PM
I'd probably vote for R-money knowing he isn't going to address and of the real problems. Much easier to win an election promising no pain than to address real issues that might be out of the comfy zone for much of the electorate.

I can't speak for the rest as RP's supporters as they are a very diverse group.

I knew you wouldn't stand for Gerry's copyright violation!
Dr. Paul will not win however, because he is up against more powerful vested interests in his foreign policy thinking than even Obama is with healthcare. It is most unfortunate but our democracies are the best that money can buy.

Gerry Clinchy
01-11-2012, 05:47 PM
Sorry, Franco, I thought it was a typo. With the added hyphen, I see that was not the case.

Franco
01-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Actually when I first typed it, it was a typo(Rmoney). After further examination, I thought the R-money was kinda of cute. Just flip the m with the o ;-)

I tend to not really proof my typing, just a usual glance and if I do catch a typo, I might or might not fix it:D

ARay11
01-11-2012, 06:21 PM
Actually when I first typed it, it was a typo(Rmoney). After further examination, I thought the R-money was kinda of cute. Just flip the m with the o ;-)

I tend to not really proof my typing, just a usual glance and if I do catch a typo, I might or might not fix it:D

"R-money" has me LMAO.. I think u just coined a good one... this could go viral!

Franco
01-11-2012, 07:14 PM
"R-money" has me LMAO.. I think u just coined a good one... this could go viral!

Just remember where it all got started;-)

Poor R-money, some of the Repub candidates are really going after his involvement with Bain Capital. Shows the desperation.

\Though I do not view venture capitalist as being an honorable profession, it is certainly legal. Afterall, they are in the business of gutting companies. I saw what Bain did to Clear Channel. They fired nearly 700 employees the first week and that was just the frist round of firings. Then, they overwork the remaining employees all the while stripping assets and repackaging the company as being profitable so that they can sell it. I'm just glad I left them when I did in 05 because of Katrina!

Yes, legal. Free Trade is questionable when they have to lean on the Fed Gov for assistence...it just a business that stinks and no more honorable than a prosititute.

P S

Don't think that the Dems won't dig up some Bain Capital horror stories to use against R-money if he gets the nomination.

Cody Covey
01-11-2012, 07:29 PM
the point of a company like BC is to buy company's that are bankrupt or close. Turn them into profitable company's and sell them. Yes they may have cut tons of jobs but how many did they save by going into corps that were going to die anyway and make them profitable again.

Do you think clear channel would've made it otherwise?

You are correct about the desperation by Newt and Perry. Perry will drop out after SC I think and Newt's ego will keep him aroudn for the long haul. At this point I think it is a 2 man race between Romney and Paul. The good news for libertarians is that Paul is definitely getting the message out and even though a lot of the media is ignoring him he is still being competitive and the public is responding. (Even if I think he is crazy when it comes to foreign policy :) )

Franco
01-11-2012, 07:53 PM
the point of a company like BC is to buy company's that are bankrupt or close. Turn them into profitable company's and sell them. Yes they may have cut tons of jobs but how many did they save by going into corps that were going to die anyway and make them profitable again.

Do you think clear channel would've made it otherwise?

You are correct about the desperation by Newt and Perry. Perry will drop out after SC I think and Newt's ego will keep him aroudn for the long haul. At this point I think it is a 2 man race between Romney and Paul. The good news for libertarians is that Paul is definitely getting the message out and even though a lot of the media is ignoring him he is still being competitive and the public is responding. (Even if I think he is crazy when it comes to foreign policy :) )

No, the kids of the founder that took the business over were greedy and made very poor business decissions, running up debt to the point that the company defaulted on loans.

The company should have broken up and sold in pieces in bankrupcy. Remember that radio frequencies are owned by the public and broadcast companies only own the facilities and rights to those frequencies. The FCC should have pulled those frequencies and sold them to companies that were willing to invest and not strip. But, the lobby is just to strong and CC and Bain got what they wanted.

Here is why;

In 04, our 7 stations in New Orleans had revenue just under 30 million with .45cents of every dollar going to corporate(Clear Channel) as profit. In 2011, those same 7 stations did just over 9 million in a booming New Orleans economy. They may have broken even.

The difference is when I was there(1993 to 02 and 04,05)running CC's sales dept, all of our daytime programming was local and in our studios. We had folks in charge of programming and sales as well as a support staff that helped generate 29 million plus in revenue. Today, they attempt to do all those functions out of corporate HQ.

Today, all across the CC platform, you would be hard pressed to find any local on-air host. Everything is now sydicated and the stations sound syndicated. That's why revenues are down. They are operating with a skeleton staff and losing money to the competition. The product is not as good as it was for advertisers. Something the bean counters and venture capital companies just don't understand!

They have run off or fired all the good employees. I had an African American salesman working for me. He was born at Charity hospital and didn't finish high school. Yet, he was extremely talented is selling our Urban(African American stations) making over $300,000. a year. Bain(controlling partner with a 27% stake in the company) came in and told him he was earning too much and cut his commissions. He left and went to the competition and took his advertisers with him!

wayne anderson
01-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Now THAT sounds familiar. I was employed by a small, very profitable agricultural publishing company many years ago, which was purchased by a large national broadcasting firm with a small publishing subsidiary. They knew nothing about publishing or agriculture, and proceeded to run all the good ag pub employees out of the company ("Just send your profits to New York," etc. etc.) Damn shame, but it happens all the time.

JDogger
01-11-2012, 10:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkRIbUT6u7Q

Yeah, JD

Uncle Bill
01-16-2012, 12:52 PM
Attention..."A Girl and Her Dog"...dare I shorten to AGaHD?:wink: I hope you read this thread...you'll have the perfect example of gobbledygook. It didn't take long for the thread to turn into that.

But FWIW, John Huntsman has left the campaign. Perry will be the next to pull out, if not after SC, for sure after Florida.

UB

JDogger
01-16-2012, 09:25 PM
What should not be overlooked Girl & Dog. Is that while many threads descend into GDG, many OP's also originate as such.

You decide regards, JD ;-)

JDogger
01-17-2012, 08:59 PM
What should not be overlooked Girl & Dog. Is that while many threads descend into GDG, many OP's also originate as such.

You decide regards, JD ;-)

So girl and her dog...look at the recent posts. They originate and end in the famous Bill S's. phrase and anagram...GDG. It's not hard to do. We all do it here. JD:p

BTW welcome to the janitor's Mosh-pit. Seen any genuine high-brow intellectual political discussions here?

Jess sayin' :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Gerry Clinchy
01-18-2012, 08:13 PM
http://www.drudgereport.com/flash2.htm
This might cut down the candiates' in the race.

NEWT EX-WIFE UNLOADS ON CAMERA; NETWORK DEBATES 'ETHICS' OF AIRING BEFORE SC PRIMARY

**Exclusive**
Wed Jan 18 2012 18:47:14 ET

Marianne Gingrich has said she could end her ex-husband's career with a single interview.

Earlier this week, she sat before ABCNEWS cameras, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

She spoke to ABCNEWS reporter Brian Ross for two hours, and her explosive revelations are set to rock the trail.

But now a "civil war" has erupted inside of the network, an insider claims, on exactly when the confession will air!

MORE

ABCNEWS suits determined it would be "unethical" to run the Marianne Gingrich interview so close to the South Carolina Primary, a curious decision, one insider argued, since the network has aggressively been reporting on other candidates.

A decision was tentatively made to air the interview next Monday, after all votes have been counted.

Gingrich canceled a press conference on Wednesday to deal with the matter.

"He believes that what he says in public and how he lives don't have to be connected," Marianne Gingrich, Newt's wife of 18 years, explained to ESQUIRE last year.

If it's this bad, better that it comes out sooner than later.

BonMallari
01-18-2012, 08:23 PM
really makes you wonder who is behind these hit pieces...but yet when the same type of dirt comes out on the current POTUS its quickly squashed

Franco
01-18-2012, 09:09 PM
really makes you wonder who is behind these hit pieces...but yet when the same type of dirt comes out on the current POTUS its quickly squashed

Probably Rob Lowe. He tweeted earlier that Peyton Manning was retiring;-)