PDA

View Full Version : Gingrich attacks Bain Capital

BonMallari
01-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Newt is sounding like a whiny little biaatch..but he is also attacking capitalism..Since there are quite a few on here that are business owners, how do you feel about this. Isnt a free market economy what we want. Business is not fair, life is not fair...businesses fail for various reasons, why fault a company like Bain for doing what they do, isnt Newt spewing a Dem talking point

Buzz
01-10-2012, 02:07 PM
There is a difference between building stuff and being a predator in a capitalist society. I think Newt is accusing him of being a predator.

BonMallari
01-10-2012, 02:29 PM
There is a difference between building stuff and being a predator in a capitalist society. I think Newt is accusing him of being a predator.

ok the former owner of the hotel I work at was Carl Icahn...a well know corporate raider, with an impressive track record, basically a real life Gordon Gecko...he bought the hotel when it was bankrupt from corrupt ownership, sold off its other dead properties and made the hotel profitable for ten years, and then sold it for almost 10X what he bought it for to....Goldman Sachs

if that is predatory so be it...but a predator also thins out a herd,and generally cuts out the weak or sick...the exception being the grey wolf (but dont get me started on that subject)

Franco
01-10-2012, 02:43 PM
Newt is sounding like a whiny little biaatch..but he is also attacking capitalism..Since there are quite a few on here that are business owners, how do you feel about this. Isnt a free market economy what we want. Business is not fair, life is not fair...businesses fail for various reasons, why fault a company like Bain for doing what they do, isnt Newt spewing a Dem talking point

First, I don't consider Newt to be a Conservative.

Yes, most of us want a Free Market Economy and sooner or later may have it. Most probably because all else will fail, just as our economy now is failing. Afterall, today China is doing a much better job with Free Markets than we are.

Bain Capital Partners is really no different than most private investment groups. The principle of private capital is solid. It is just when the buisnesses they buy and strip need assistence from the government to cover their asses when their faulty business plans fail is when I have a problem with them.

The Dems and Repubs might give vocal support for Free markets and Capitalism but, they do so because it sounds good and not because they believe in it. To quote one of my favoriye politicians; "we shouldn't condem Capitalism until we've tried it". This country hasn't had Free Markets and Capitalism in nearly 75 years!

P S

The first step in returning to Capitalism and Free Markets is in gettting rid of Lobbyist!

caryalsobrook
01-10-2012, 04:11 PM

Care to define the difference??

road kill
01-10-2012, 04:23 PM

Newt could care less about free market, America or capitalism.

Newt is a jack ass that cares about Newt, nothing else.

He doesn't even care about Bain, he is getting even with Romney for getting his ass kicked because he is a jack ass and the people know it.

Newt must think it is a secret, but it's not!!!

Just sayin'..........

RK

M&K's Retrievers
01-10-2012, 06:21 PM
First, I don't consider Newt to be a Conservative.

Yes, most of us want a Free Market Economy and sooner or later may have it. Most probably because all else will fail, just as our economy now is failing. Afterall, today China is doing a much better job with Free Markets than we are.

Bain Capital Partners is really no different than most private investment groups. The principle of private capital is solid. It is just when the buisnesses they buy and strip need assistence from the government to cover their asses when their faulty business plans fail is when I have a problem with them.

The Dems and Repubs might give vocal support for Free markets and Capitalism but, they do so because it sounds good and not because they believe in it. To quote one of my favoriye politicians; "we shouldn't condem Capitalism until we've tried it". This country hasn't had Free Markets and Capitalism in nearly 75 years!

P S

The first step in returning to Capitalism and Free Markets is in gettting rid of Lobbyist!

Hey, Franko, you look a lot like that guy that's running for POTUS.

Franco
01-11-2012, 06:27 AM
Talk about a hypocrite, Newt was paid big bucks to be on the Advisory Board of Forstmann Little!

He was paid to advise them on Health Care. It is a nice cover for "influence peddling". Many of the big venture capital firms pay Washington politicians to be on one of their boards. That way when they need legislation passed to help the businesses they own, they have those politicians in-house, so to speak.

I only know Forstmann Little through their ownership of now defunct Citadel Broadcasting. Citadel 2-3 years ago defaulted on thier loans. Then received a favorable bankrupcy agreement. When FL bought the company in the late 1990's, they fired half the employees and with FL bought ABC Radio. Then fired mor people, ran both companies into the ground!

This is not Capitalism nor Free Markets at work!

IowaBayDog
01-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Newt has "jumped the shark", he has even got the RW talk radio folks who have not supported Romney now defending him against Newt's attacks and pointing out how ridiculous he is.

I've always enjoyed listening to Newt and liked him in the 90s, guess this is why there is a long primary/vetting process.

EdA
01-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Newt is a jack ass that cares about Newt, nothing else.Just sayin'..........
RK

On that we could not agree more!...

Just sayin'...;-)

Buzz
01-11-2012, 11:16 AM
On that we could not agree more!...

Just sayin'...;-)

Oh no... :rolleyes:

road kill
01-12-2012, 06:30 AM
Kind of telling that Newt goes after Romney & Bain, yet nary a word about Obama & Solyndra!!??!!??

In regard to what Romney and Bain have done.....I am impressed.
Isn't this exactly what America needs right now???

A CEO to come in, cut waste, get rid of overpaid un needed employees and streamline operations?:shock:

Just sayin'........

RK

Buzz
01-12-2012, 08:13 AM
Kind of telling that Newt goes after Romney & Bain, yet nary a word about Obama & Solyndra!!??!!??

In regard to what Romney and Bain have done.....I am impressed.
Isn't this exactly what America needs right now???

A CEO to come in, cut waste, get rid of overpaid un needed employees and streamline operations?:shock:

Just sayin'........

RK

Why is it telling? The guy for Gingrich to beat "right now" is Romney. Obama comes later.

And why is running a country anything like running a private equity fund?

road kill
01-12-2012, 08:18 AM
Why is it telling? The guy for Gingrich to beat "right now" is Romney. Obama comes later.

Did you read the post?

A CEO to come in, cut waste, get rid of overpaid un needed employees and streamline operations?

Evidently not, or perhaps you are blinded by ideology??

It is clearly explained what the parallels are.:rolleyes:

Just sayin'.........

RK

Cowtown
01-12-2012, 08:18 AM

Are you saying that it is unimportant for a Presidential candidate to have zero real world business experience?

I can tell you many reasons why I believe it is important but I'd like to hear why you don't believe it is?

BonMallari
01-12-2012, 11:41 AM

well we can always hire a community organizer to run the country...Oh wait we already did that, how is that working out..

smillerdvm
01-12-2012, 06:13 PM

Just sayin'........

RK

Keep your eye on the ball Stan. The opponent for Newt right now is Romney; not Obama.
If and when he gets to face Obama the tactics will change.

You really don't want your Packers game planning for the Patriots this week do ya?

I'll even guess that if he doesn't get to face Obama his problems with Romney or whoever the R nominee is will disappear.

When does Sponge Bob come on?

Just askin....

Franco
01-12-2012, 07:01 PM
What business experience does Rmoney have?

At Bain Capital, where he was a partner, all that was required is that he put up a couple o' hundred million for venture. Money he got from his dad. He didn't run the day to day operations at Bain.

It is not like he ran on a day to day basis a retail or service company. The types of business that require real work and budgeting.

I'd rather have someone that ran a successful small business and knows the problems caused by government. Not someone that was born with a silver spoon hanging out of his mouth. Don't let the Italian suits and nice hair fool you regarding any real business experience!

road kill
01-12-2012, 07:06 PM
Keep your eye on the ball Stan. The opponent for Newt right now is Romney; not Obama.
If and when he gets to face Obama the tactics will change.

You really don't want your Packers game planning for the Patriots this week do ya?

I'll even guess that if he doesn't get to face Obama his problems with Romney or whoever the R nominee is will disappear.

When does Sponge Bob come on?

Just askin....
Who is sponge bob?

What is he running for?

RK

M&K's Retrievers
01-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Who is sponge bob?

What is he running for?

RK

You don't want to know.

duckheads
01-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Who is sponge bob?

What is he running for?

RK

He lives in a pineapple under the sea!

menmon
01-13-2012, 01:58 PM
This has been an entertaining primary!

The entire country knows now that we have an idiot for a governor here in Texas.

The world knows that Ron Paul is a nut case.

Herman Cain is a womanizer

Romney besides being a liberal in rebublican cloths is now being attacked by another less desirable choice for president for being an opportunist.

Let me sum this joke up for you...Obama for 4 more years!

road kill
01-13-2012, 02:02 PM

The entire country knows now that we have an idiot for a governor here in Texas.

Romney besides being a liberal in rebublican cloths is now being attacked by another less desirable choice for president for being an opportunist.

Does that make you giddy??

RK

menmon
01-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Does that make you giddy??

RK

It actually does

road kill
01-13-2012, 02:08 PM
It actually does

Let me guess, warm tingly feelings up your leg???:p

(BTW-nice lookin' dog and Blue ribbon!!)

RK

smillerdvm
01-13-2012, 02:18 PM

This may sadly be the truth.

menmon
01-13-2012, 02:29 PM
Let me guess, warm tingly feelings up your leg???:p

(BTW-nice lookin' dog and Blue ribbon!!)

RK

Not that good a feeling, but good:D

menmon
01-13-2012, 02:33 PM
This may sadly be the truth.

Don't fret too much. The world hasn't ended like the republicans told you it would and it isn't going to. Hell we even got tax cuts from this president! And if he manages to tax the rich, it doesn't effect me because I'm not rich.

Uncle Bill
01-13-2012, 03:16 PM
Don't fret too much. The world hasn't ended like the republicans told you it would and it isn't going to. Hell we even got tax cuts from this president! And if he manages to tax the rich, it doesn't effect me because I'm not rich.

And when will it "effect" you? You are the epitome of a communist sympathizer that was never concerned until their tanks turned down the road you lived on.

When do you think your ox may be gored? I doubt you ever actually 'think'.

For you and your ilk, this has been pointed out to many. It is the biggest fear I have, that so many of you still exist after seeing what's being done to this nation by your messiah, and yet you are complacent. You and your foolish crowd will turn this country into a Greece yet.

UB
The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but the citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency.

It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency, than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president.

The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us.

Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.

The republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those that made him their President.

menmon
01-13-2012, 03:31 PM
And when will it "effect" you? You are the epitome of a communist sympathizer that was never concerned until their tanks turned down the road you lived on.

When do you think your ox may be gored? I doubt you ever actually 'think'.

For you and your ilk, this has been pointed out to many. It is the biggest fear I have, that so many of you still exist after seeing what's being done to this nation by your messiah, and yet you are complacent. You and your foolish crowd will turn this country into a Greece yet.

UB
The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but the citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency.

It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency, than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president.

The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us.

Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.

The republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those that made him their President.

It is almost worth it to see him loose to quit hearing this non-stop rheteric!

This muslim sympathizer has killed more teriorst than his predeccessor.

Saved US Auto Industry

Cut my taxes

And is making jobs

IowaBayDog
01-13-2012, 03:47 PM

Saved US Auto Industry

Cut my taxes

And is making jobs

Wow, the force is strong in this one..........

Buzz
01-13-2012, 04:01 PM

Saved US Auto Industry

Cut my taxes

And is making jobs

Hey Mike, good to see you're still kicking! I am really hoping to get down to the Houston Area sometime in March this year. Got my fingers crossed that I can get away anyhow! I hear there is water in them ponds!

Now, don't you think we could use an ex-corporate raider in the White House to help further perpetuate Wall Street's criminal behavior? Let the good times roll, creative destruction is the name of the game!

menmon
01-17-2012, 01:13 PM
Hey Mike, good to see you're still kicking! I am really hoping to get down to the Houston Area sometime in March this year. Got my fingers crossed that I can get away anyhow! I hear there is water in them ponds!

Now, don't you think we could use an ex-corporate raider in the White House to help further perpetuate Wall Street's criminal behavior? Let the good times roll, creative destruction is the name of the game!

I think they need to elect him and let him monitize Washington DC...for a fee don't forget!

Come see me.

caryalsobrook
01-17-2012, 03:25 PM

You appear to not only know what a corporate raider is but you also know what an ex-corporate raider is. Enlighten me. While you are at it, let me know what a community organizer does.

menmon
01-17-2012, 03:35 PM
You appear to not only know what a corporate raider is but you also know what an ex-corporate raider is. Enlighten me. While you are at it, let me know what a community organizer does.

Help people....He thinks about the whole community not just himself and a select few. Let me remind you; you are not one of the few:razz:

luvmylabs23139
01-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Help people....He thinks about the whole community not just himself and a select few. Let me remind you; you are not one of the few:razz:

YOu mean confiscate from those who earn and redistribute it to the lay around multiplying rabbits that leach off of the taxpayers.

caryalsobrook
01-17-2012, 04:14 PM

I didn't ask what he thinks, I asked what he DID. You are right, I am one of the many. But if the progressives have their, I won't be surprised if I become one of the few.

road kill
01-19-2012, 05:59 AM
It appears Newt Gingrich is not just an egotistical BIOTCH.......he is a lieing egotistical BIOTCH!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX7jcwrRgkA

"The Ontario Teachers Fund??"

RK

Franco
01-19-2012, 08:57 AM
Looks like Perry is dropping out today and pledging all five of his SC supporters behind Newt!;-)

Friday night's debate should be very interesting.

Bnew17
01-19-2012, 09:29 AM
newt cares about himself for sure.:p