PDA

View Full Version : Whoda thunk it eh?

Uncle Bill
01-12-2012, 12:08 PM
So I've been away from the keyboard far a while, but hows come no one held Franco's feet to the fire after Bama slaughtered LSU? You can't expect a homespun Louisiana Lover to open a thread and admit defeat, but you have to chagrin him into it.;-)

Or better yet, where are the Stiller fans, now that they've been Tebowed? Here's one of those Pittsburgh believers and his feelings after the loss:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD6B1CXXgM0 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD6B1CXXgM0)

Pretty funny seeing the Mayor of Pittsburgh T-Bowing in public to pay off his bet with the Denver Mayor. One of the radio sports talk guys in Denver back when Tebow first got to start, managed to say on air that if the Broncos won 8 games this year under Tebow, he’d get a Tebow tattoo. Well, here the other night there he was at the Tattoo parlor getting a nice tasteful “15” surrounded by angel wings right where you’d keep your pack of Lucky Strikes rolled up in your T-shirt sleeve.

This doesn't mean I expect the Broncos to win this Saturday. I don't think they can outscore NE, but if they do, I also won't be all that surprised.

As to the other games, I hope you are sending out the 'A' team to the left coast, Franco. Last year they didn't fare too well in that part of the country. That should be a great game...the best of the weekend.

Green Bay will need to be up to their A game also, as the Giants are putting it together, but I don't think their form of magic will prevail.

I doubt the Texans will be too tough for the Ravens, but it might be a decent game if Baltimore is taking them seriously. They should blow them out, but if they are too cocky and have a few turnovers, the outcome may be different than the talking heads are predicting.

Should be some good football...my favorite weekend of the year.

UB

Franco
01-12-2012, 04:22 PM
I congratulated the Bama fans on the main page/LSU vs Gumps thread.

For the record;

LSU this season whipped the WINNERS of the...

Rose Bowl
Cotton Bowl
Orange Bowl
Sugar Bowl
Gator Bowl
Capital One Bowl
Chick Fil A Bowl

and

the winners of the National Championship!

Setting an NCAA Div-1 record for beating the most ranked teams in a season including two #2's and two #3's

They played a very bad game Monday night and got their butts whipped.

What did your team do?
;-)

P S
The only team that is downright scary in the AFC are the Ravens. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see the Broncos beat the Pats and thier 32nd ranked Defense.

Cody Covey
01-12-2012, 04:48 PM

For the record;

Rose Bowl
Cotton Bowl
Orange Bowl
Sugar Bowl
Gator Bowl
Capital One Bowl
Chick Fil A Bowl

and

Setting an NCAA Div-1 record for beating the most ranked teams in a season including two #2's and two #3's

What did your team do?
;-)

P S
The only team that is downright scary in the AFC are the Ravens. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see the Broncos beat the Pats and thier 32nd ranked Defense.
Defense wins games as the broncos have thoroughly proved this season.

paul young
01-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Defense wins games as the broncos have thoroughly proved this season.

yeh- when they played the Pats a few weeks ago, it was real close......NOT!

say what you want about the Pat's D, but they only allowed an average of 21 points per game over 16 games and they are +17 on turnovers. those are the important stats for defense, in my opinion.

i don't think the Broncos will have it any better in Foxboro than they did at home.-Paul

Franco
01-12-2012, 06:17 PM
yeh- when they played the Pats a few weeks ago, it was real close......NOT!

say what you want about the Pat's D, but they only allowed an average of 21 points per game over 16 games and they are +17 on turnovers. those are the important stats for defense, in my opinion.

i don't think the Broncos will have it any better in Foxboro than they did at home.-Paul

You are very correct. When a team has that kind of turnover ratio it doesn't matter where they are ranked Defensively.

I don't think that old saying about Defense wins championships holds true in today's NFL. It has become a passing/QB league and to win a team needs a stud at QB.

However, there is something going on with the Broncos this year that has them peforming way above expectations. Nothing supernatural but I do think Fox with the help of Tebow has them playing as a team.

BonMallari
01-12-2012, 06:36 PM
You are very correct. When a team has that kind of turnover ratio it doesn't matter where they are ranked Defensively.

I don't think that old saying about Defense wins championships holds true in today's NFL. It has become a passing/QB league and to win a team needs a stud at QB.

However, there is something going on with the Broncos this year that has them peforming way above expectations. Nothing supernatural but I do think Fox with the help of Tebow has them playing as a team.

Have to agree with you there, ever since the Rams and the " greatest show on turf", I think they started the revolution, the passing game now sets up the run, not vice versa and the spread has almost eliminated the RB position..you gotta be able to throw it around the field and your defense has to be able to withstand the air attack

M&K's Retrievers
01-12-2012, 06:48 PM

For the record;

Rose Bowl
Cotton Bowl
Orange Bowl
Sugar Bowl
Gator Bowl
Capital One Bowl
Chick Fil A Bowl

and

What did your team do?
;-)

P S

You are correct, Franko. I don't see how LSU could have lost to Alabama seeing as how they are the greatest team of all times. Give it a rest and work on your last two.

Franco
01-12-2012, 06:58 PM
You are correct, Franko. I don't see how LSU could have lost to Alabama seeing as how they are the greatest team of all times. Give it a rest and work on your last two.

Why don't you give it a rest and quit stalking me! Not cool to try and find information on a person through other websites. If you wanted any info on me, all you would have had to do is ask. I'll have to what I did to the other deadbeat and place you on ignore!

M&K's Retrievers
01-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Why don't you give it a rest and quit stalking me! Not cool to try and find information on a person through other websites. If you wanted any info on me, all you would have had to do is ask. I'll have to what I did to the other deadbeat and place you on ignore!

Huh? Now that's funny. I have better things to do nor the ability to stalk you . I'm just replying to your posts as you to mine. What in the world are you talking about? Unlike others, you don't share your name.:confused: I don't know who the other deadbeat is, but I would consider it an honor to be included on your ignore list.;)

duk4me
01-12-2012, 08:01 PM

Psst, Booty can you see this?

Franco
01-12-2012, 09:53 PM
Psst, Booty can you see this?

What's up Tim?

I read your picks for the weekend and like them!

Looks like Booty Raider's last duck season.

Ya know, everytime I drive by Prejean's Restaurant, I think about our Cowboys vs Saints bet:p

road kill
01-12-2012, 11:03 PM

Nice Leigh, real nice.

More name calling.

RK