PDA

View Full Version : GDG--- Best joke of the week

Billie
01-13-2012, 10:15 PM
This was just too good not to share..... sure some wont like it but its worth sharing nonetheless!

The Pope and Obama are on the same stage in Yankee Stadium in front of a
> huge crowd.
>
> The Pope leans towards Mr. Obama and said, "Do you know that with one
> little wave of my hand I can make every person in this crowd go wild with
> joy? This joy will not be a momentary display, but will go deep into their
> hearts and they'll forever speak of this day and rejoice!"
>
> Obama replied, "I seriously doubt that! With one little wave of your
> hand....Show me!"
>
> So the Pope backhanded him and knocked him off the stage!
>
> AND THE CROWD ROARED & CHEERED WILDLY and there was happiness throughout
> the land!
>
> Kind of brings a tear to your eye, doesn't it?

ArcticGundogs
01-15-2012, 11:19 PM
OMG That is Funny!

Doug Kennedy
01-16-2012, 01:16 AM
The pope has to hang out with better people

Paul Stensvaag
01-16-2012, 01:30 AM
No, Not worth sharing.

Exceptionally dumb in that it is: anti Catholic (the violence), racist (back of the hand (see your history on that)), anti New York Yankees fan (they are not dumbed downed to crow crap like that) and anti American (its diversity nulls your last BIG CAP commentary).

Good looking dogs though.

Regards.

AGirlAndHerDog
01-16-2012, 01:45 AM
Curiosity (don't kill the cat please...I need her for bait): What does GDG mean? I've seen it several times now and I can't figure it out.

RoosterBuster
01-16-2012, 02:00 AM
Curiosity (don't kill the cat please...I need her for bait): What does GDG mean? I've seen it several times now and I can't figure it out.

Grab da gun! ;-) Search it, it's been asked once or twice.

AGirlAndHerDog
01-16-2012, 07:25 AM
Thank you.
For what it's worth, I did search and came up with 500 results. I'm not sifting through 500 results to look for an answer someone can easily spend 10 seconds typing, especially when I'm getting ready to leave work.

metalone67
01-16-2012, 07:29 AM
It means Gobble D Goop.

And that was very funny.

AGirlAndHerDog
01-16-2012, 07:34 AM
sighs......

Steve Hester
01-16-2012, 07:43 AM
No, Not worth sharing.

Exceptionally dumb in that it is: anti Catholic (the violence), racist (back of the hand (see your history on that)), anti New York Yankees fan (they are not dumbed downed to crow crap like that) and anti American (its diversity nulls your last BIG CAP commentary).

Good looking dogs though.

Regards.

Actually, I thought it was funny as hell.......:p:p

Uncle Bill
01-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Thank you.
For what it's worth, I did search and came up with 500 results. I'm not sifting through 500 results to look for an answer someone can easily spend 10 seconds typing, especially when I'm getting ready to leave work.

Since I was one of the culprits involved in that bit of RTF origination, let me fill you in.

Ed Aycock, when first coming on board RTF, stated in a post that he noticed that regardless of what the original intent of the thread was, it almost always ended up by turning into GOBBLEDYGOOK. All I did was make it into an acronym...GDG...an RTF exclusive with a loose meaning of 'off topic'.

Of course if you check your Funk and Wagnell...or Webster's for that matter, you'll find a different meaning, much closer to what Ed suggested.

UB

Howard N
01-16-2012, 02:34 PM
C'mon Uncle Bill, you know you're writing revisionist history. It's been so long ago that I can't remember but Linda Wiacek told me it meant, "Goldens Do Good."

... er, Was that, "Gosh Darn Goldens?"

duk4me
01-16-2012, 05:55 PM
It means Gobble D Goop.

And that was very funny.

Wrong d Wrong d Wrong.