PDA

View Full Version : Palin's endorsement

BonMallari
01-18-2012, 05:20 AM
Never thought I would say this but its time for Sarah to STHU and go away,same with her husband Todd, NOT because of WHO they endorsed but the backhanded fence straddling way that she did it

“If I had to vote in South Carolina, in order to keep this thing going, I’d vote for Newt,” Palin told Hannity Tuesday night. “And I would want this to continue — more debates, more vetting of candidates, because we know the mistake made in our country four years ago was having a candidate that was not vetted to the degree that he should have been, so that we know who his associations and his pals represented and what went into his thinking.”

what a stupid statement...that very well could apply to her...She is trying hard to remain relevant,but she had her opportunity, but went for the big bucks instead..and who cares what candidate her husband wants,when did his opinion matter..

Hew
01-18-2012, 05:46 AM
Two thoughts:

1) she's echoing the thoughts of MANY in the GOP and Teaparty (her constituency) with what amounts to an "anybody but Romney" statement. Do you think that everyone in the GOP should roll over and annoint Romney as the Chosen One after only 2 state primaries? I, like Palin, don't want Romney to have a cake walk...I want his feet held to the conservative fire. I won't some concessions from him to the fiscally conservative/Teaparty crowd.

2) Who are you kidding...you have wished Palin would shut up for going on 4 years now. ;-)

BonMallari
01-18-2012, 06:06 AM
Two thoughts:

1) she's echoing the thoughts of MANY in the GOP and Teaparty (her constituency) with what amounts to an "anybody but Romney" statement. Do you think that everyone in the GOP should roll over and annoint Romney as the Chosen One after only 2 state primaries? I, like Palin, don't want Romney to have a cake walk...I want his feet held to the conservative fire. I won't some concessions from him to the fiscally conservative/Teaparty crowd.

2) Who are you kidding...you have wished Palin would shut up for going on 4 years now. ;-)

I WAS a big Palin fan at one time, but the more she spoke the less I liked...I am not asking anyone to rollover for Mitt, but if she is for Newt now just to further the discussion then she is playing both sides of the fence...

Hew
01-18-2012, 06:18 AM
I WAS a big Palin fan at one time, but the more she spoke the less I liked...I am not asking anyone to rollover for Mitt, but if she is for Newt now just to further the discussion then she is playing both sides of the fence...
I'm sorry...I don't understand your "she's playing both side of the fence" comments. What do you mean?

I take it that she's like me...undecided. When FL has its primary I won't vote for Romney as, like I said, I want his feet held to the fire and want concessions. Who I will vote for in the primary I don't know yet (probably Santorum if he's still in bidness then). I suspect I'm not alone with my thoughts. I know at least Palin agrees with me.

BonMallari
01-18-2012, 06:38 AM
I'm sorry...I don't understand your "she's playing both side of the fence" comments. What do you mean?

I take it that she's like me...undecided. When FL has its primary I won't vote for Romney as, like I said, I want his feet held to the fire and want concessions. Who I will vote for in the primary I don't know yet (probably Santorum if he's still in bidness then). I suspect I'm not alone with my thoughts. I know at least Palin agrees with me.

Ok at least we have some common ground, I too am undecided but I dont subscribe to the anybody but Mitt camp ( FTR I was a Cain fan) I too want a tougher Mitt, I want more states involved in the process...I also hate the process, its like when they show the east coast returns of voting before the polls close in the west, it has a big influence

I just feel like she is hedging her play, if she is for Newt, go for him because you believe in him, not just to prolong the process..it reeks of being a bandwagonner and I dont like that in sports fans or politics..stick with your horse until they are no longer in the race

Hew
01-18-2012, 06:50 AM
I just feel like she is hedging her play, if she is for Newt, go for him because you believe in him, not just to prolong the process..it reeks of being a bandwagonner and I dont like that in sports fans or politics..stick with your horse until they are no longer in the race
Oh, OK...now I see what you were saying. THanks.

menmon
01-18-2012, 08:40 AM
Never thought I would say this but its time for Sarah to STHU and go away,same with her husband Todd, NOT because of WHO they endorsed but the backhanded fence straddling way that she did it

what a stupid statement...that very well could apply to her...She is trying hard to remain relevant,but she had her opportunity, but went for the big bucks instead..and who cares what candidate her husband wants,when did his opinion matter..

Eskimo Bimbo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now let me remind all of you who wanted to tar and feather me when I called her what she is.....but I'm just a stupid liberal that does not have a clue...pay more attention and you might see more of my wisdom;)

BonMallari
01-18-2012, 09:11 AM

Now let me remind all of you who wanted to tar and feather me when I called her what she is.....but I'm just a stupid liberal that does not have a clue...pay more attention and you might see more of my wisdom;)

Big difference Sambo...I dont call her disrespectful names like you do...no woman deserves to be called those types of names....I may not care for her political view anymore but I wont stoop to your level

road kill
01-18-2012, 09:18 AM

Nice.
I never called you stupid, but I do think one so learned as yourself could do better than to call Sarah Palin names because you disagree with her politics.

RK

M&K's Retrievers
01-18-2012, 10:19 AM

I too have grown weary of Palin. I've always been weary of others. :rolleyes:

menmon
01-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Nice.
I never called you stupid, but I do think one so learned as yourself could do better than to call Sarah Palin names because you disagree with her politics.

RK

That would not be as much fun;) How about Right Wing; Self Righteous; Over Ambitious; Arrogant; Woman from the Far North that is Clueless!

road kill
01-18-2012, 11:49 AM
That would not be as much fun;) How about Right Wing; Self Righteous; Over Ambitious; Arrogant; Woman from the Far North that is Clueless!

If that makes you feel better..........

BTW--Do you have all the clues???

RK

menmon
01-18-2012, 11:53 AM
If that makes you feel better..........

BTW--Do you have all the clues???

RK

It does, but I had to use spell check to call her all that:)

I don't have them all, but I don't ignor them.

Uncle Bill
01-18-2012, 02:22 PM

?????????HAHAHAHAHAHAHA From the oracle of fools. If only it wouldn't cost the rest of the nation so much, it would be deserving for you and your ilk to have to live through another 4 years of Obama. Unfortunately, should that actually happen, this first 4 years of this oligarchy will be a cake walk compared what he will do to this country when he has no re-election to be concerned with.

But I do give you credit for recognizing what you are...in your words, "a stupid liberal". And being someone that "does not have a clue"...ya coulda knocked me over with a feather.:rolleyes:

UB

BonMallari
01-18-2012, 02:28 PM
It does, but I had to use spell check to call her all that:)

I don't have them all, but I don't ignor them.

oh the irony....:p:p

M&K's Retrievers
01-18-2012, 02:52 PM
oh the irony....:p:p

Ain't it the truth??

Franco
01-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Is Palin the GOP's version of Kim Kardashian?

I'm more entertained by Newt's comments today that if he doesn't win SC, we will have another 4 years of Obama! If there are any meds available for treating his Narcissism, he ain't taking them!

Rmoney's tax return will be used by the Dems in their "class warfare" tactics/campaign for the coming election. 15%, bank accounts in the Caymens, contibutions from Wall St will all divert attention from the real issues.

As I just posted on the Huff Post, Romney's 15% is more money paid in taxes than the tax liability of the entire readership at the HP;-)

BonMallari
01-18-2012, 06:43 PM

I'm more entertained by Newt's comments today that if he doesn't win SC, we will have another 4 years of Obama! If there are any meds available for treating his Narcissism, he ain't taking them!

Rmoney's tax return will be used by the Dems in their "class warfare" tactics/campaign for the coming election. 15%, bank accounts in the Caymens, contibutions from Wall St will all divert attention from the real issues.

As I just posted on the Huff Post, Romney's 15% is more money paid in taxes than the tax liability of the entire readership at the HP;-)

Newt played the "desperation fear" card today with that comment..I honestly think Newt figures if he cant win it , he is going to do everything he can to make sure Mitt doesnt either...

Newt even came out today saying that Palin would be welcome in his administration http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57361384-503544/gingrich-would-want-palin-to-serve-in-his-administration/

as polarizing a figure as Palin has become, I'm not too sure thats a smart move

Franco
01-18-2012, 06:51 PM
Nerwt's whole campaign is desperate! He just can't imagine not being the nominee. Certainly not with all the time be has spent on Fox News over the years:p

Would you watch a reality TV show starring Sarah and Kim? They could call the show, "The Irrelevants";-)

M&K's Retrievers
01-18-2012, 06:58 PM

Would you watch a reality TV show starring Sarah and Kim? They could call the show, "The Irrelevants";-)

First guest host - Ron Paul.

Nor_Cal_Angler
01-18-2012, 07:15 PM

:-D:-D:-D

That's the truth....

Jake

Franco
01-18-2012, 07:22 PM
:-D:-D:-D

That's the truth....

Jake

RP with his delegates will have more influence shaping the Repub Platform this Summer than Newt;-)

BonMallari
01-18-2012, 07:25 PM

and it will be broadcast on Glenn Beck TV :p:p

road kill
01-18-2012, 07:33 PM
RP with his delegates will have more influence shaping the Repub Platform this Summer than Newt;-)

Not if Newt burns it down.........

RK

Franco
01-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Not if Newt burns it down.........

RK

He'll be too busy with damage control;-)

road kill
01-18-2012, 07:42 PM
He'll be too busy with damage control;-)

It appears he is about to get burned down his own self.

Splain to me why any man would ever want more than 1 woman???:shock:
Isn't one punishment enough???

Just askin'......

RK

Franco
01-18-2012, 07:45 PM
It appears he is about to get burned down his own self.

Splain to me why any man would ever want more than 1 woman???:shock:
Isn't one punishment enough???

Just askin'......

RK

Speaking from experience, when it comes to da womenz, most men are glutens for punishment!

That I would never hold against Newt, Cain or Hefner.;-)

road kill
01-18-2012, 07:50 PM
Speaking from experience, when it comes to da womenz, most men are glutens for punishment!

That I would never hold against Newt, Cain or Hefner.;-)

1 of the former Mrs Gingrich's is on the warpath.

Funny stuff............

RK

Jacob Hawkes
01-18-2012, 07:58 PM

No. I'd actually knock Kim up. :oops::oops:

Franco
01-18-2012, 08:01 PM

There is hope for the youngster yet!;-)

Just wash your hands after and get a big dose of Pinnicillan.(sp)

Jacob Hawkes
01-18-2012, 09:49 PM
:lol::lol:

AGirlAndHerDog
01-18-2012, 09:51 PM

Ditto. :cool:

cpj
01-19-2012, 02:28 PM
I've only read the first page of this thread but I keep reading a theory that Sarah will ultimately be named as Dr. Paul's running mate. The other person I read mentioned alot is Judge Napolitano, however he wouldn't diversify the voter pool the way Sarah would.

Franco
01-19-2012, 02:39 PM
I've only read the first page of this thread but I keep reading a theory that Sarah will ultimately be named as Dr. Paul's running mate. The other person I read mentioned alot is Judge Napolitano, however he wouldn't diversify the voter pool the way Sarah would.

Those of us here in sw La. that are working on RP's campaign/Primary are hoping for someone with high-ranking military experience that shares his views on Foreign Policy. Also, someone from a state that has a large electorate/electoral college.

We know that RP is the choice of soldiers and Marines so finding that candidate should not be too difficult.

road kill
01-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Those of us here in sw La. that are working on RP's campaign/Primary are hoping for someone with high-ranking military experience that shares his views on Foreign Policy. Also, someone from a state that has a large electorate/electoral college.

Powell??

RK

Franco
01-19-2012, 02:42 PM
I've kind of forgotten about him.

Maybe one of the past or current Joint Chiefs of Staff. Could be a current Senator or Representative with extensive military cred.

BonMallari
01-19-2012, 02:43 PM

Ms Palin as a running mate to RP, she has nothing to offer the RP fan base, she has shown that she alienates as many as those that support her..but considering RP will not be the nominee the point is moot...now the Judge is someone I admire tons, but I dont see himself getting immersed in a campaign

Franco
01-19-2012, 02:48 PM
Ms Palin as a running mate to RP, she has nothing to offer the RP fan base, she has shown that she alienates as many as those that support her..but considering RP will not be the nominee the point is moot...now the Judge is someone I admire tons, but I dont see himself getting immersed in a campaign

I watch Judge Napolitano's show on Fox BUSINESS almost nightly(show is opposite of O'Rielly's and 1,000 times better). He is RP's biggest supporter and himself a Libertarian. Could be him but I still think he will find someone with strong military cred since the fear-mongers on the right are so critical of his Foreign Policy.

huntinman
01-19-2012, 02:58 PM
I watch Judge Napolitano's show on Fox BUSINESS almost nightly(show is opposite of O'Rielly's and 1,000 times better). He is RP's biggest supporter and himself a Libertarian. Could be him but I still think he will find someone with strong military cred since the fear-mongers on the right are so critical of his Foreign Policy.

Could be Drew Brees since the saints have the same chance of going to the Super bowl as Ron Paul needs a running mate...ZERO ;-)

cpj
01-19-2012, 02:59 PM
The judge's show is the most informative show on TV. I've been hooked for a while now. The show this week on returning to the gold standard was great. Too bad the elite won't let it happen. When interviewd, Dr. Paul said the fiat system will be dead in a few more years. There are two choices or ways to go from there. Back to gold backed currency or a one world fiat currency.

Franco
01-19-2012, 03:22 PM
The judge's show is the most informative show on TV. I've been hooked for a while now. The show this week on returning to the gold standard was great. Too bad the elite won't let it happen. When interviewd, Dr. Paul said the fiat system will be dead in a few more years. There are two choices or ways to go from there. Back to gold backed currency or a one world fiat currency.

That is accurate because we can't continue doing the same thing. Bubble is going to burst sooner than later.

Would would you think of Alan West of Florida on the ticket?

BonMallari
01-19-2012, 03:27 PM
That is accurate because we can't continue doing the same thing. Bubble is going to burst sooner than later.

Rep West makes any ticket formidable...what he lacks in Congressional experience , he makes up in his mere presence...don't know if he has endorsed or aligned himself with anyone yet, did he run under the Tea Party banner

Hew
01-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Could be Drew Brees since the saints have the same chance of going to the Super bowl as Ron Paul needs a running mate...ZERO ;-)
LOL. I was thinking the same thing. Kinda puttin' the cart before the horse with the RP running mate speculation.

But I'll play....good luck finding any former high-ranking officer who agrees with Ron Paul's foreign policy. Maybe Jesse Ventura...although I don't know if he can work his jaw yet after getting his lights turned out in a bar fight with a fellow SEAL. It appears that the SEALs didn't think much of ol' Jesse running his mouth with his crazy conspiracy bullsh!t and cheering for SEAL casualties i A-stan during another SEAL's wake. But I digress... No, I think RP is going to have to comb an Occupy tent city to find anyone who agrees with his unique view on foreign policy.

Hew
01-19-2012, 03:41 PM
I know you didn't ask me, but I want to be here for you. :D

To quote Jim Mora....Alan West?!? Alan West?!? Are you kidding me?!?!

He has risked his life both in the military and as a civilian in causes that Ron Paul has ridiculed and runs down. What are you people smoking in the LA Ron Paul Campaign Headquarters? ;-)

Franco
01-19-2012, 03:47 PM
I know you didn't ask me, but I want to be here for you. :D

To quote Jim Mora....Alan West?!? Alan West?!? Are you kidding me?!?!

He has risked his life both in the military and as a civilian in causes that Ron Paul has ridiculed and runs down. What are you people smoking in the LA Ron Paul Campaign Headquarters? ;-)

You forget that RP's donations from soldiers and Marines in more than all the other candidates combined. These are the folks on the fronline that understand the futility of our current Foreign Policy!

Hew
01-19-2012, 03:56 PM
You forget that RP's donations from soldiers and Marines in more than all the other candidates combined. These are the folks on the fronline that understand the futility of our current Foreign Policy!
I didn't forget that. When you first brought that up awhile ago I was dubious, but looked it up and you were right as rain.

The perspectives of a PFC and a 2 star general are quite different. If Ron Paul's looking to find a Gunnery Sergeant that nobody has heard of yet who agrees with his foreign policy, I'm sure there's a bunch out there to choose from. If, as you contend, he's looking for some high-ranking brass who dedicated 20 + years of his life to a cause that Ron Paul abhors...well, good luck with that.

huntinman
01-19-2012, 04:00 PM

That is according to Ron Paul... who also say's the Iranian's are just normal folks who just want to get along:rolleyes:

We have fantasy football, baseball and basketball... now Ron Paul is engaging in Fantasy Foreign Policy

cpj
01-20-2012, 05:53 AM
Bill, the Iranian people don't hate us, their radical government does. As we continue to sanction different aspects of their government the people will have no choice but to side with their government. We recently imposed new financial sanctions on them and their currency lost 30% of its value overnight.
Franco, I don't know enough about Alan West to answer your question but if Sean Hannity likes him red flags go up.
If you want an idea of how fed up our troops and their families are of endless war find the recent appearance of Bill Kristol on Cspan when a soldiers wife calls in and grills his neocon war mongering policies. She suggests that if he and his ilk or so convicted about their middle east positions they should urge implementation of the draft so active military personnel can get a break.
It's hard for me to listen to tea party people anymore they keep praising Gingrich. Aren't they for limited, constitutional government? Is he talking about shrinking government?

cpj
01-20-2012, 06:16 AM
Dr. Paul made a statement last night during the debate that spoke to his character. In an answer he said, "I don't talk to lobbyists". I watched an interview this week of a former Bush/Chaney aid who said basically that RP is a man of unwavering conviction and principle. When we needed to scrounge up votes to get something passed we didn't bother going to his office, he would never compromise his positions.

Franco
01-20-2012, 06:31 AM
I don't waste my time watching Hannity so I don't know if he likes West or not. Amazing how much Hannity and O'Reilly promote war and could be a reason why both shows have peaked long ago in ratings and have had a steady decline. Both manage their audiences through fear which is typical of the far right.

cpj
01-20-2012, 08:51 AM
Franco I read the other day that Bain co-owns Clear Channel who owns Premiere radio who owns most of the conservative talk shows we hear everyday. That would lend some credibility if true as to why Romney never really gets hammered on these shows. Can you confirm?

Franco
01-20-2012, 09:04 AM
Franco I read the other day that Bain co-owns Clear Channel who owns Premiere radio who owns most of the conservative talk shows we hear everyday. That would lend some credibility if true as to why Romney never really gets hammered on these shows. Can you confirm?

Bain owns 27% of Clear Channel. Thomas Lee Investments also purchased 27% giving them both controlling interest in the company and saving them from bankrupcy after the original company had defaulted on loans.

Yes, CC owns Premier Radio Networks which also owns Limbaugh and Hannity's radio shows/syndication.

I doubt that Rmoney's past influence with bain Capital has anything to do with what the Premier Networks talk shows have to say. I would guess that Limbaugh and Hannity are both in Gingrich's pocket.

Franco
01-20-2012, 09:24 AM
Dr. Paul made a statement last night during the debate that spoke to his character. In an answer he said, "I don't talk to lobbyists". I watched an interview this week of a former Bush/Chaney aid who said basically that RP is a man of unwavering conviction and principle. When we needed to scrounge up votes to get something passed we didn't bother going to his office, he would never compromise his positions.

One has to admire RP's independence. Lobbyist are a major reason RP has had trouble getting his proposed legislation pasted. No doubt that Special Interest trumps the interest of the nation and that many in DC are owned by them. From banking to big pharma, these Lobbyist work against the interest of the people and are the reason we don't have truely Free Markets or real Capitalism!

Hew
01-20-2012, 02:14 PM
I don't waste my time watching Hannity so I don't know if he likes West or not.

Originally posted by Franco
I would guess that Limbaugh and Hannity are both in Gingrich's pocket.
Just to see if I've got this straight....You don't watch/listen to Hannity or Limbaugh, but based on all the things you've heard them say (nothing) you think that they're both in Gingrich's pocket? Even though they both have enough money to buy Newt Gingrich and make him wear a monkey suit and dance like chimp? :monkey:

Franco
01-20-2012, 02:30 PM
Just to see if I've got this straight....You don't watch/listen to Hannity or Limbaugh, but based on all the things you've heard them say (nothing) you think that they're both in Gingrich's pocket? Even though they both have enough money to buy Newt Gingrich and make him wear a monkey suit and dance like chimp? :monkey:

I've heard enough of them in the past to know they are going to support the extreme right candidate. We also carry both of thier radio shows locally so they can be difficult to avoid though I think I've convinced corporate to drop Hannity because of his ratings!

road kill
01-20-2012, 02:31 PM
I've heard enough of them in the past to know they are going to support the extreme right candidate. We also carry both of thier radio shows locally so they can be difficult to avoid though I think I've convinced corporate to drop Hannity because of his ratings!

UH HUH!!!:cool:

RK

huntinman
01-20-2012, 02:44 PM
hey Franco, where did you find that 20 year old picture of Ron Paul?

Franco
01-20-2012, 02:57 PM
RK, glad we could agree on something!

I had read this a while back on the CATO Inst website and thought worth posting here...

The neocons
are not just
nation-building,
American
empire advocates.
They
like big government
across
the board

http://www.cato.org/pubs/policy_report/v31n6/cpr31n6-2.pdf

Hew
01-20-2012, 04:53 PM
I've heard enough of them in the past to know they are going to support the extreme right candidate.
Hmmm...now you've really confused me. You've already said that Gingrich is not conservative enough so you can't be talking about him. Moreover, when you say "extreme right" you often mean in the context of social issues. Gingrich sure ain't the darling of the religious right...and even less so after the "open marriage" kerfuffle (hey, at least Newt asked for permission). So do you even know which candidate Limbaugh and Hannity support and why or are you just guessing?

BonMallari
01-20-2012, 05:07 PM
I would guess that Limbaugh and Hannity are both in Gingrich's pocket.

and you would be wrong..I have been listening to both radio shows lately because I am curious of their take on this particular part of the primary

NEITHER is in Gingrich's pocket...based on what I have heard, Rush seems to waver toward Santorum and Hannity waffles depending on whoever he has on his show..they will both change depending on who comes out on top...FWIW talk show hosts Ingraham prefers Santorum, and Michael Savage cant stand Gingrich,tolerates Romney, and prefers Santorum

Franco
01-20-2012, 05:09 PM
Hmmm...now you've really confused me. You've already said that Gingrich is not conservative enough so you can't be talking about him. Moreover, when you say "extreme right" you often mean in the context of social issues. Gingrich sure ain't the darling of the religious right...and even less so after the "open marriage" kerfuffle (hey, at least Newt asked for permission). So do you even know which candidate Limbaugh and Hannity support and why or are you just guessing?

I said that Newt was not a Conservative. He is a big spending/government neocon. Extreme right encompasses many issues. Limbaugh and Hannity, I am guessing will support Newt since they are both Neocons!

I'll be back from the camp on Sunday to rejoin the debate. Y'all don't shoot yourselves while I'm gone.

caryalsobrook
01-20-2012, 05:39 PM
I said that Newt was not a Conservative. He is a big spending/government neocon. Extreme right encompasses many issues. Limbaugh and Hannity, I am guessing will support Newt since they are both Neocons!

I'll be back from the camp on Sunday to rejoin the debate. Y'all don't shoot yourselves while I'm gone.

Franco, he was instrumental in balancing the budget among other things. While not perfect, all of those left are far better than what we have now. Time to be realistic don't you think?

Franco
01-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Franco, he was instrumental in balancing the budget among other things. While not perfect, all of those left are far better than what we have now. Time to be realistic don't you think?

What should we be real about? The "open marriage", ethics violations or Repubs refusing to work with him as a speaker and him being forced down? I've listened to enough of him over the years and the debates to recognize that he won't fix anything.

I'm off, be back Sunday afternoon.

Hew
01-20-2012, 06:15 PM
I've been listening to Limbaugh off and on for the past couple of weeks and if you put a gun to my head I couldn't tell you who he's more partial to between Gingrich and Romney. He's been pretty critical of both. Where he seems supportive is when he's raggin' on the media's portrayal/coverage of them. Hannity; I wouldn't know as he's not my cup of tea, either. But from what I know of him I suspect he'd hop on board with whoever the nominee is...even your boy.

Have a safe trip.

menmon
01-22-2012, 12:41 PM
[/COLOR]

?????????HAHAHAHAHAHAHA From the oracle of fools. If only it wouldn't cost the rest of the nation so much, it would be deserving for you and your ilk to have to live through another 4 years of Obama. Unfortunately, should that actually happen, this first 4 years of this oligarchy will be a cake walk compared what he will do to this country when he has no re-election to be concerned with.

But I do give you credit for recognizing what you are...in your words, "a stupid liberal". And being someone that "does not have a clue"...ya coulda knocked me over with a feather.:rolleyes:

UB

You need to hope for that!! Things are good here in Texas! Everybody is working and spending money! Oil business is booming, 3000 people are moving here a week, dog trials are well subscribed, ect.

Why do I want to get rid of someone that has been so good to me?

Before you say it our idiot gov. has nothing to do with our prosperity.

BonMallari
01-22-2012, 12:48 PM
You need to hope for that!! Things are good here in Texas! Everybody is working and spending money! Oil business is booming, 3000 people are moving here a week, dog trials are well subscribed, ect.

Why do I want to get rid of someone that has been so good to me?

Before you say it our idiot gov. has nothing to do with our prosperity.

so the 8 yrs prior to BHO and TEXAS was doing well that credit goes to either the Gov or the POTUS during that span ?

menmon
01-22-2012, 01:29 PM
so the 8 yrs prior to BHO and TEXAS was doing well that credit goes to either the Gov or the POTUS during that span ?

Bush was good for Texas....better said, good for oil!

cpj
01-22-2012, 04:30 PM
The credit should go to the geologists, drillers and investors who discovered all of the gas and oil in the shale and are taking it out of the ground. Why do you guys want to credit government with everything?

BonMallari
01-22-2012, 04:43 PM
The credit should go to the geologists, drillers and investors who discovered all of the gas and oil in the shale and are taking it out of the ground. Why do you guys want to credit government with everything?

I wasnt giving credit to the government at all...the credit should go to the residents of the state for having a diversified economy, and not being dependent on any one industry, and also for not allowing the state to be controlled by the minorities like they do in Calif.;)

Clint Watts
01-22-2012, 05:28 PM
Nerwt's whole campaign is desperate! He just can't imagine not being the nominee. Certainly not with all the time be has spent on Fox News over the years:p

Still sticking to this?

Franco
01-23-2012, 06:28 AM
Still sticking to this?

Newt can thank Juan Williams for winning SC.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s320x320/409283_278854525507760_145209655538915_738443_2625 01272_n.jpg

Cowtown
01-23-2012, 07:59 AM

Newt is the choice of conservatives, Romney is the choice of moderates.

It's pretty simple.

Cowtown
01-23-2012, 08:00 AM

Actually I think it's John King he can thank.

BonMallari
01-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Newt is the choice of conservatives, Romney is the choice of moderates.

It's pretty simple.

Then how do you explain Santorum and Ron Paul....I wish it were as simple as you say but it isnt...the media has done a complete pivot and is no longer talking about the inevitability of Romney,they are on the Newt bandwagon until he falls...

Clint Watts
01-23-2012, 03:41 PM

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s320x320/409283_278854525507760_145209655538915_738443_2625 01272_n.jpg

I believe it was Newt that knocked it out of the park. Finally some one is standing up to the media and not running scared. Call Romney a racist and he will back pedal, like most Republicans.

Clint Watts
01-23-2012, 03:46 PM
Then how do you explain Santorum and Ron Paul....I wish it were as simple as you say but it isnt...the media has done a complete pivot and is no longer talking about the inevitability of Romney,they are on the Newt bandwagon until he falls...

Santorum is the most conservative candidate, but he does not cause excitement. The problem with Ron Paul is foreign policy and drug legalization, a true conservative should think RP a nut. He is rock on when it come to financial issues affecting our country though. But he will never be elected to national office due to his radical leanings, and yes legalizing drugs is radical. Remember a vote for RP is a vote for Romney.

Cowtown
01-23-2012, 04:00 PM

I'm not sure I understand your question. What is it about Santorum and Paul that you want explained?

Iowa did pick Santorum. Paul hasn't won anything.

I believe Gingrich will be the choice of conservatives and Romney, the choice of moderates. Everyone else is irrelevant at this point.

menmon
01-23-2012, 04:00 PM

Newt can thank the Christians for winning SC! They think a low life wife cheater is better than a Mormon in SC.

Marvin S
01-23-2012, 04:11 PM
Newt can thank the Christians for winning SC! They think a low life wife cheater is better than a Mormon in SC.

The Baptist christians cover a wide swath in the South - hence Perry's endorsement of Newt - BTW don't you draw your pay in that country? The one I am still trying to figure out is Bolton endorsing Romney :confused:?????????

Newt does know government, getting him to focus on the issues at hand rather than Newt is sometimes the problem.

Franco
01-23-2012, 04:24 PM
The Baptist christians cover a wide swath in the South - hence Perry's endorsement of Newt - BTW don't you draw your pay in that country? The one I am still trying to figure out is Bolton endorsing Romney :confused:?????????

Newt does know government, getting him to focus on the issues at hand rather than Newt is sometimes the problem.

If Newt were to capture the GOP nomination, I doubt he would carry any states outside of the deep south and Arizona. Florida would probably go for Obama.

BonMallari
01-23-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm not sure I understand your question. What is it about Santorum and Paul that you want explained?

Iowa did pick Santorum. Paul hasn't won anything.

I believe Gingrich will be the choice of conservatives and Romney, the choice of moderates. Everyone else is irrelevant at this point.

that's where I disagree...I don't think its a B/W choice, Santorum and Paul cant win but they will both have a bearing on who does...Santorum hurts Newt and Paul mucks it up for everyone...Paul has the support to go the distance,Santorum does not but he can still be a thorn in Newt's side

menmon
01-23-2012, 04:30 PM

I do and Romney will strugle for the same reasons here too.

The problem with this primary is that there is no good choice. That is why everytime someone new comes on the seen, they shoot up in the polls.

Obama is beatable but not by any of this crowd.

Marvin S
01-23-2012, 04:37 PM
If Newt were to capture the GOP nomination, I doubt he would carry any states outside of the deep south and Arizona. Florida would probably go for Obama.

I look at it this way - it's now a horse race rather than a coronation. The Bush's endorsement of R-Money early troubled me as neither of them rather than being gentlemen as POTUS showed any level of competence when dealing with the Street Corner Conservative crowd . They certainly placed probably the most qualified in the family in a position to never capture the nomination though he might want the job. & Newt has some very good ideas, I especially like his put the kids to work idea. We are presently teaching a lot of people how not to work & still have a full belly :(.

Franco
01-23-2012, 04:47 PM
that's where I disagree...I don't think its a B/W choice, Santorum and Paul cant win but they will both have a bearing on who does...Santorum hurts Newt and Paul mucks it up for everyone...Paul has the support to go the distance,Santorum does not but he can still be a thorn in Newt's side

Rmoney will probably have a hard time defending his 15% tax liability to the masses. That and you know there are some Bain horror stories that will come out. Newt will probably just implode and not do well outside of the deep south. Plus, he will be attached by Repubs as well as many in the Conservative media. Santorum will run out of money and support.

RP could well be the last man standing;-)

Marvin S
01-23-2012, 04:49 PM
I do and Romney will strugle (struggle ) for the same reasons here too.

The problem with this primary is that there is no good choice. That is why everytime someone new comes on the seen (Scene ) , they shoot up in the polls.

Obama is beatable but not by any of this crowd.

I'll never forget your going to the right schools post :). Obama is only beatable if someone can convince the public that the MSM is not doing their job of outing him.

I have been voting since Ike & Adlai, the divorced guy with the hole in his shoe. We don't often get choices - Goldwater comes to mind & we all know how that turned out :(.

Marvin S
01-23-2012, 04:51 PM

If there is a God, he will not let that happen :-P.

road kill
01-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Rmoney will probably have a hard time defending his 15% tax liability to the masses. That and you know there are some Bain horror stories that will come out. Newt will probably just implode and not do well outside of the deep south. Plus, he will be attached by Repubs as well as many in the Conservative media. Santorum will run out of money and support.

Jeb Bush will get drafted first, RP will not get the Republican party nomination.
Won't happen.

RK

Franco
01-23-2012, 04:54 PM
This country will never elect another President named Bush!

cpj
01-23-2012, 06:36 PM
Santorum conservative? Go to tomwoods.com and listen to a Catholic explain why Catholics should vote for RP instead of Santorum. Scroll down home page for 10 minute video.

cpj
01-23-2012, 06:40 PM
Ron Paul made a point to ask his fellow candidates at the last debate that if they called themselves conservatives, what are they trying to conserve?

BonMallari
01-23-2012, 08:10 PM
Palin just showed how much of a bandwagonner/fence sitter she is....when pressed tonite on the Hannity show, she wouldn't endorse Newt, she danced around the issue....so what has changed from last week in South Carolina....she just showed why she has no credibility,if Newt was good enough for her in SoCar, then he should have even been better in Florida....please go away Ms. Palin, your 15 minutes were long gone

cpj
01-23-2012, 08:36 PM
She didn't endorse Newt last week, she said that if she lived in SC she would vote for him in the primary to keep things stirred up.

BonMallari
01-23-2012, 08:48 PM
She didn't endorse Newt last week, she said that if she lived in SC she would vote for him in the primary to keep things stirred up.

Thanks you just made my point ;)

cpj
01-23-2012, 09:02 PM
Why should she endorse anyone this early in the process? Why aren't all of the right leaning talk show hosts endorsing anyone?

BonMallari
01-23-2012, 09:15 PM
Why should she endorse anyone this early in the process? Why aren't all of the right leaning talk show hosts endorsing anyone?

They are all busy jumping from one candidate to the other....just awhile back Ann Coulter was a Ron Paul fan...tonight she said that she is a big Mitt Romney fan..none of the talking heads want to get caught on the losing side, they all want to look like they were on the winning team from the get go...even el Rushbo was hedging his stance this morning, it was quite comical

cpj
01-23-2012, 09:30 PM
I haven't heard any host make a definitive endorsement. I find it curious that Rush keeps talking about supporting the "conservative". I've heard speculation with backing arguments that in the end the two left standing will be Romney and Paul. Who is the "conservative"? RP has raised over two million dollars over the last 15 days. Newt has just started a two million dollar campaign, Santorum was advertising a one million dollar fund raising campaign and it disappeared off of his website after a few days indicating, in my opinion, that the money wasn't coming in.

Hew
01-24-2012, 03:15 AM
They are all busy jumping from one candidate to the other....just awhile back Ann Coulter was a Ron Paul fan...tonight she said that she is a big Mitt Romney fan..none of the talking heads want to get caught on the losing side, they all want to look like they were on the winning team from the get go...even el Rushbo was hedging his stance this morning, it was quite comical
Coulter has been a Romney supporter since the 2008 election. She has stuck her giraffe neck way out supporting Romney and has caught a lot of grief for it from many of her fans and fellow conservatives. Saying she'd rather have Ron Paul over Newt was way more of a slap at Gingrich than a vote of support for Paul. As for Limbaugh, I don't recall that he has ever endorsed a candidate during the primary process and has pointedly refused to do so in the past. Do you really think the guy who mocked Michael J. Fox or claimed Donovon McNabb was protected because he's black is afraid he'll somehow look bad if he backs the wrong candidate? Really?

cpj
01-24-2012, 06:49 AM
Rush and the rest won't pick candidates for the simple reason that they don't want to be seen as losers. SGTreport.com as a video posted this morning of a Florida man being paid to wave Romney signs but says he supports Gingrich.

menmon
01-24-2012, 09:00 AM
I'll never forget your going to the right schools post :). Obama is only beatable if someone can convince the public that the MSM is not doing their job of outing him.

I have been voting since Ike & Adlai, the divorced guy with the hole in his shoe. We don't often get choices - Goldwater comes to mind & we all know how that turned out :(.

The University of Chicago is not know for English. I am sorry that I tend to butcher the english language. Also I grew up in east Texas and that is the primary reason my english sucks. However, I think my points still get across ok;)

Uncle Bill
01-24-2012, 05:47 PM
Palin just showed how much of a bandwagonner/fence sitter she is....when pressed tonite on the Hannity show, she wouldn't endorse Newt, she danced around the issue....so what has changed from last week in South Carolina....she just showed why she has no credibility,if Newt was good enough for her in SoCar, then he should have even been better in Florida....please go away Ms. Palin, your 15 minutes were long gone

We understand you despise Sarah Palin, but PLEASE astop calling her a Ms. She is mighty proud of the fact she is a MRs. with a fine family. You have, I hope, been able to read your dogs better than you have a reading on MRS. Palin. She brings more fire to the podium than most of the deadheads our party has had foisted on us since the Reagan era.

I realize most of you non-Palin followers, as well as Rush-bashers believe they aren't sincere conservatives, intent on only pushing their own agenda, consider this possibility. As Rush is fond of saying in his usual egotistic manner, when he has spoken, there's little left to be said. So if he had changed his policy of never endorsing a primary candidate, and had indeed endorsed one, he'd be constantly answering the whiners following their favorite son.

As for Palin, she just likes to see this form of politicking continue. Watch the 'vetting' process, and see how vicious it might get, and pick up some pointers as to how the eventual selection survives. I seriously don't believe she is grandstanding...she afterall might be looking at a run in the future, especially if the 'fools' of this nation return their "messiah" to the POTUS. I'm sure it's not possible for her to be just slightly smarter than you are giving her credit for???;-)

UB

BonMallari
01-24-2012, 05:56 PM
We understand you despise Sarah Palin, but PLEASE astop calling her a Ms. She is mighty proud of the fact she is a MRs. with a fine family. You have, I hope, been able to read your dogs better than you have a reading on MRS. Palin. She brings more fire to the podium than most of the deadheads our party has had foisted on us since the Reagan era.

I realize most of you non-Palin followers, as well as Rush-bashers believe they aren't sincere conservatives, intent on only pushing their own agenda, consider this possibility. As Rush is fond of saying in his usual egotistic manner, when he has spoken, there's little left to be said. So if he had changed his policy of never endorsing a primary candidate, and had indeed endorsed one, he'd be constantly answering the whiners following their favorite son.

As for Palin, she just likes to see this form of politicking continue. Watch the 'vetting' process, and see how vicious it might get, and pick up some pointers as to how the eventual selection survives. I seriously don't believe she is grandstanding...she afterall might be looking at a run in the future, especially if the 'fools' of this nation return their "messiah" to the POTUS. I'm sure it's not possible for her to be just slightly smarter than you are giving her credit for???;-)

UB

Rush basher :confused:...UB you dont know me...I actually am a fan of his , dont listen to him as much as I used to but I find him very entertaining, but I dont swoon on his every word,and will call BS when he deserves it...Now dont get me started on Hannity(not a fan) ...

as for MRS. Palin ,she has learned how to sell her brand, and people are still buying...just not my cup of coffee anymore....and I voted for her

Uncle Bill
01-24-2012, 07:35 PM
Coulter has been a Romney supporter since the 2008 election. She has stuck her giraffe neck way out supporting Romney and has caught a lot of grief for it from many of her fans and fellow conservatives. Saying she'd rather have Ron Paul over Newt was way more of a slap at Gingrich than a vote of support for Paul. As for Limbaugh, I don't recall that he has ever endorsed a candidate during the primary process and has pointedly refused to do so in the past. Do you really think the guy who mocked Michael J. Fox or claimed Donovon McNabb was protected because he's black is afraid he'll somehow look bad if he backs the wrong candidate? Really?

And she convinced her whale-sized N.J. Gov to endorse him also. She's really into Cristy. Way too much for a lesbo, methinks.

UB

BonMallari
01-24-2012, 08:35 PM
And she convinced her whale-sized N.J. Gov to endorse him also. She's really into Cristy. Way too much for a lesbo, methinks.

UB

Wow UB , you admonish me for calling Sarah Palin a Ms. and yet you call refer to Ann Coulter that way...way to stay classy there :(

Clint Watts
01-24-2012, 11:05 PM

Still more states than RP would.

paul young
01-25-2012, 07:03 AM
Wow UB , you admonish me for calling Sarah Palin a Ms. and yet you call refer to Ann Coulter that way...way to stay classy there :(

what else would you expect from the "great Oz"?- Paul