PDA

View Full Version : Newt Supports Open Marriage

Franco
01-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Acording to Newt's X, Newt wanted to stay married and also be able to continue his affair with Clarissa(sp).

Starting to like the guy more and more:D

charly_t
01-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Acording to Newt's X, Newt wanted to stay married and also be able to continue his affair with Clarissa(sp).

Well of course he does. His lack of loyalty is a bit disturbing.

Colt Farrington
01-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Sooo... adultery is ok as long as the candidate has a healthy case of homophobia to protect, the sanctity of marriage from the gays. Ok.

cpj
01-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Stick a fork in him, he's done.

road kill
01-19-2012, 03:27 PM
If this type of thing takes Cain down, how would it be different here?

RK

BonMallari
01-19-2012, 03:29 PM
depending on how in depth the interview is,it will interesting to see whether the pulpit thumping crowd in SoCarolina are willing to overlook his lack of character vs his tough talking debate personna...I think its gonna leave a mark and the media isnt going to let it go,just like every other R contender they go after

HPL
01-19-2012, 03:47 PM

And of course it's not possible that she might have an agenda. I tend to take negative statements made by aggrieved exes with a grain of salt myself unless they can be corroborated by a disinterested third party.

Colt Farrington
01-19-2012, 03:56 PM
And of course it's not possible that she might have an agenda. I tend to take negative statements made by aggrieved exes with a grain of salt myself unless they can be corroborated by a disinterested third party.

Didn't he admit to the affair already?

Colt Farrington
01-19-2012, 03:57 PM
depending on how in depth the interview is,it will interesting to see whether the pulpit thumping crowd in SoCarolina are willing to overlook his lack of character vs his tough talking debate personna...I think its gonna leave a mark and the media isnt going to let it go,just like every other R contender they go after
Agreed. It will be interesting. I think this cost him SC for sure. Santorum will probably be the benefactor.

Terri
01-19-2012, 04:12 PM
Newt can be compared to the captain of the Italian cruise ship that sunk. Jump over board before it goes down.

Terri

BonMallari
01-19-2012, 04:18 PM

well of course she has an agenda...its the ultimate payback...REVENGE...plus I'm sure that ABC maybe sweetened the pot with some monetary compensation...either way what is Newt going to do, if he refutes her claim it opens up pandoras box,otherwise he has to ignore it and hopes the media doesnt get in the feeding frenzy

HPL
01-19-2012, 04:44 PM
Didn't he admit to the affair already?
The affair is not what's in question here. That is old news. It's her CLAIM that he wanted to have his cake and eat it to that seems to be the NEW information. A position that seems pretty human to me. Nobody knows what goes on in another person's marriage. I don't know why Newt strayed. Cheating on a spouse is reprehensible, but, after all, the Clinton's actually survived it and they are not the only ones I'm sure.

HPL
01-19-2012, 04:45 PM
well of course she has an agenda...its the ultimate payback...REVENGE...plus I'm sure that ABC maybe sweetened the pot with some monetary compensation...either way what is Newt going to do, if he refutes her claim it opens up pandoras box,otherwise he has to ignore it and hopes the media doesnt get in the feeding frenzy
Basically my point. I plan to ignore it too.

BonMallari
01-19-2012, 04:59 PM
The affair is not what's in question here. That is old news. It's her CLAIM that he wanted to have his cake and eat it to that seems to be the NEW information. A position that seems pretty human to me. Nobody knows what goes on in another person's marriage. I don't know why Newt strayed. Cheating on a spouse is reprehensible, but, after all, the Clinton's actually survived it and they are not the only ones I'm sure.

but dont forget that it was Newt that led the charge from the House to get Clinton impeached, while all the while he too was having an affair of his own

Daniel J Simoens
01-19-2012, 05:19 PM
but dont forget that it was Newt that led the charge from the House to get Clinton impeached, while all the while he too was having an affair of his own

The impeachment wasn't for the affair, it was for lying under oath.

BonMallari
01-19-2012, 05:23 PM

yes but the underlying theme was all about morality, or lack of it..thats what will make Newt look like a hypocrite...just like John Ensign being on the family values committee when all along he is having an affair with the wife of one of his staffers

road kill
01-19-2012, 05:24 PM
yes but the underlying theme was all about morality, or lack of it..thats what will make Newt look like a hypocrite...just like John Ensign being on the family values committee when all along he is having an affair with the wife of one of his staffers

I can honestly state here that this event has not changed MY opinion of Newt Gingrich one bit!!!!:cool:

He reminds me of an oversexed Captain Kangaroo!!

RK

BonMallari
01-19-2012, 05:37 PM
I can honestly state here that this event has not changed MY opinion of Newt Gingrich one bit!!!!:cool:

RK

I dont think its going to change the minds of his supporters either, BUT those that are undecided will probably think less of him and as someone stated earlier will go to Santorum

it was interesting seeing Romney supporter John Sunnunu's take on the subject today on Cavuto, he wouldn't touch the subject at all, and suggested that neither will Mitt..but the media just cant leave salacious items alone, they love their "dirty laundry" in politics

charly_t
01-19-2012, 06:06 PM
I am very sure that a lot of women my age and some younger will decide not to vote for Newt because of this. It will make a difference. Some men will decide that he is not a good candidate because of this.

mngundog
01-19-2012, 06:15 PM
I am very sure that a lot of women my age and some younger will decide not to vote for Newt because of this. It will make a difference. Some men will decide that he is not a good candidate because of this.
I remember that Clinton's ratings went up after his affair, and sky rocketed among women.

Gerry Clinchy
01-19-2012, 06:33 PM
Santorum & Ensign: Remember that there was an email from Santorum regarding Ensign when he learned Ensign was having an affair. Figure that will come up again sooner or later.

The fact is that all of these issues go back for quite a while. The question becomes whether these people made mistakes; acknowledge them & have changed their perspective.

Nobody seems to hold it against Slick Willy that he both lied under oath and had affairs. Al Gore has also proven to be rather unreliable in a moral sense, yet that doesn't seem to impact people's opinion of his climate change views (whether they're in favor or opposed to those views). They don't even seem to mind that Gore doesn't exactly practice what he preaches WRT energy.

We can fully expect that whoever the R nominee is the Obama campaign will find plenty of mud to sling ... likely much more vicious than what we've seen thus far. There is a track record for that to prove it. If he gets too slimy, though, that could backfire on him.

HPL
01-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Bingo! You beat me to it!

Jacob Hawkes
01-19-2012, 07:12 PM
Newt wins South Carolina. It's blatantly obvious that Newt is the man to beat.

Franco
01-19-2012, 07:36 PM
Newt wins South Carolina. It's blatantly obvious that Newt is the man to beat.

SC is not representative of the general voting populace;-)

Jacob Hawkes
01-19-2012, 07:43 PM
If he can get the "bible thumping" state, he can get any. ;);)

Franco
01-19-2012, 07:49 PM
If he can get the "bible thumping" state, he can get any. ;);)

That vote will split between Newt, Santorum and RP.

RP HQ here in Lafayette is in a Baptist Church. I swear, everytime I go to a meeting, everywhere I walk my footprints are burning flames;-)

Newt is scoring with the GOP in SC over race.

duk4me
01-19-2012, 07:59 PM

RK

That is hilarious.:)

Franco
01-19-2012, 08:03 PM
That is hilarious.:)

I thought so too.

Mr. Greenjeans has to be laughing;-)

BonMallari
01-19-2012, 08:12 PM
the debate starts with a haymaker....oh my..

john fallon
01-19-2012, 08:19 PM
the debate starts with a haymaker....oh my..

The question or the answer?

john

BonMallari
01-19-2012, 08:30 PM
The question or the answer?

john

well both since John King decided to lead with the question, but Newt came back and stuffed it in his face

Santorum's response : backhanded slap at Newt

Romney : best response

Paul : had very little to do with the subject

Gingrich : his response was correct in admonishing CNN/John King, but now its out there and creates doubt

Jacob Hawkes
01-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Santorum is a mudslinging lil b#tch. I've heard enough of this weasel. Maybe he can chug Drano & bleach @ the same time?

john fallon
01-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Newt said that it is untrue.........

He said she said regards

john

BonMallari
01-19-2012, 08:54 PM
now its Santorum vs Gingrich.....and Romney is loving every minute of it...maybe there should be a playoff system like the BCS, oh wait we dont have one of those either

Ken Bora
01-19-2012, 10:35 PM
If this type of thing takes Cain down, how would it be different here?

RK

Cain is Black

Franco
01-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Cain is Black

And, the Primary is in SC;-)

charly_t
01-19-2012, 11:28 PM
I remember that Clinton's ratings went up after his affair, and sky rocketed among women.

Hill stayed with Bill, Newt has had three wives. We are counting :-)

BonMallari
01-19-2012, 11:35 PM

Wifey # 3 has a real bad Tiffany's habit :p:p

M&K's Retrievers
01-19-2012, 11:52 PM

Newt was just looking for a three way not having the wrinkles taken out in the Oval Office.

luvmylabs23139
01-20-2012, 08:55 AM
Wifey # 3 has a real bad Tiffany's habit :p:p

DH asked me to estimate how many cans of hairspray she goes thru per day!
Then he asked me if the hair would just snap, crackle, pop!
Best part as the wife was when he asked me how old she was. I said I didn't know but woud look it up. Then I asked him for his guess. He thought she was 20 years older than she is!

Uncle Bill
01-21-2012, 05:29 PM
While I'm a little late to the party, I just had to share this tidbit from our holier-than-thou member of the MSP. How transparent their involvement.

UB

ABC Somehow Leaves Bill Clinton Off Of List Of Philandering Politicians

Rob Port (http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/author/admin/) • January 21, 2012

ABC got the “scoop” on allegations made by one of Newt Gingrich’s ex-wives about the former Speaker’s request for an open marriage while they were married. That this particular ex-wife had made these allegations before wasn’t enough to stop ABC from running a prime-time interview with her just before the South Carolina primary.

In support of that story, ABC also ran a retrospective about politicians who couldn’t keep it in their pants. Strangely missing from the story was any mention of Gingrich nemesis Bill Clinton (http://mediamythalert.wordpress.com/2012/01/21/abc-unaccountably-excludes-bill-clinton-from-lineup-of-pols-who-led-double-lives/), who had perhaps the most infamous modern political sex scandal.
ABC News offered yesterday a risible lineup of two-timing politicians that omitted Bill Clinton, the philandering 42nd president, but included Thomas Jefferson, about whom the evidence of sexual dalliance is thin at best.

ABC’s roster of “the top eight politicians who led double lives” was posted online and promised “a look at some … tawdry affairs and public scandals” — and how the politicians implicated “weathered the storm.”

In addition to Jefferson, ABC included Grover Cleveland, the U.S. president in the 1880s and 1890s who fathered a child out of wedlock, and Eliot Spitzer, who as governor of New York consorted with a high-priced call girl.

The ABC roster also included an obscure and mostly forgotten former politician, Vito Fossella, a five-term New York congressman who in 2008 acknowledged fathering a child in an extramarital affair.

Given that the likes of Fossella made the list, it’s inexplicable that Clinton was omitted.
Just a coincidence, I’m sure.

BonMallari
01-21-2012, 05:45 PM
there was no way George Stephanopulous was going to let his own network ABC include his old boss and hero Bill C. be part of that story

charly_t
01-22-2012, 01:26 AM

Guess I better take that back....some women aren't counting it would seem.
I was very surprised and a good bit unhappy with those results for the voting today. Figured that Ron P would do better than he did. And that Mitt would also do better than he did. Not that either were my favorite but then I don't have a favorite within this group. Just don't like the line-up at all. Newt is not a good choice at all for Prez. I'm afraid for the outcome of the election in Nov.

Gerry Clinchy
01-22-2012, 11:18 AM
This is possibly off-topic, and I don't specifically mean this as defense of Newt's particular history ... but this could be how women's minds work ... being one of them :-)

I have a friend (woman) whom I believe may have an element of immaturity (she's approaching 50 now, if not already there). She has had 3 husbands. In between #2 and #3, she had two "significant others"; one with whom she actually lived for a couple of years; the latter with whom she only slept (since he was married to someone else). Let's call them A & B. She established the relationship with A while still living with #2. She established the relationship with B while still living with A. She is now married to husband #3, whom she married after knowing for probably less than a year. Since she was married to #2 for around 17 years, we may not know for quite a while whether #3 will actually work out. Fortunately, I doubt she has any inclination to run for political office :-)

I don't agree with most of her choices in this scenario. Husband #1 abused drugs, so I can agree with her choice to end that marriage. However, in spite of all the choices that I disagree with, this is not a "bad person".

She has always been devoted to her children; both of whom have grown up to be fine people who have worked and/or studied hard to do well in their chosen careers. She is extremely loyal to her friends, and that is a strong similarity between the two of us. She is an extremely hard worker, though most often in lower-paying jobs. She has much native intelligence, even though not much in formal education. In spite of the bad choices, I would still trust her with my life.

Some of you may have friends like that, too. Maybe some of those voters in SC had/have people in their lives like my friend?

This is not a defense of Newt's actions, nor am I sure that I would vote for him in a primary. I can, though, make some sense of why the voters are "forgiving" of his indiscretions.

BonMallari
01-22-2012, 11:34 AM
I find it hilarious and also disturbing how the media (including Fox) has jumped on the Newt bandwagon almost overnite..everyone says that Romney is the establishment candidate, but I am beginning to believe that its actually Newt that is the establishment candidate and a return to old reruns of a system long ago deemed dysfunctional

M&K's Retrievers
01-22-2012, 11:46 AM
I find it hilarious and also disturbing how the media (including Fox) has jumped on the Newt bandwagon almost overnite..everyone says that Romney is the establishment candidate, but I am beginning to believe that its actually Newt that is the establishment candidate and a return to old reruns of a system long ago deemed dysfunctional

Better that than what we have now.

charly_t
01-22-2012, 12:10 PM
......................I am beginning to believe that its actually Newt that is the establishment candidate and a return to old reruns of a system long ago deemed dysfunctional

Yes, sir. Right on target.

menmon
01-22-2012, 01:30 PM

Don't forget, he did not have sex with that women. Check your dictionary:razz:

Cody Covey
01-22-2012, 01:32 PM

THats one of the things I haven't liked about the Gingrich campaign. He sits there and says how you can't vote for Romney because he is the elite establishment. While Newt was in politics longer than Romney was and while not as wealthy as Romney he still has a good chunk o change, definitely putting him in the elite category. It's all games and political spin with Gingrich...

gmhr1
01-22-2012, 06:42 PM
I will take Newt and his 3 marriages over Obama and his one anyday. Obama has only been married once and no affairs that we know of and look at the job he's doing

Clint Watts
01-23-2012, 04:28 PM
THats one of the things I haven't liked about the Gingrich campaign. He sits there and says how you can't vote for Romney because he is the elite establishment. While Newt was in politics longer than Romney was and while not as wealthy as Romney he still has a good chunk o change, definitely putting him in the elite category. It's all games and political spin with Gingrich...

Then why is the establishment coming out so strongly against Newt? They are in a panic.

Clint Watts
01-23-2012, 04:32 PM
The GOP establishment hates conservatives, their base. By Elite I think moderate progressive that thinks they know better how to run my life than I do. Just my two cents.

Clint

BonMallari
01-23-2012, 04:49 PM
the divide amongst R's is clearly evident with the Final Four...both the Gingrich and Romney factions calling each other the "establishment", the Santorum faction claiming they are the "heart and soul" of the R party, and then the Paul faction claiming to be the only true conservatives....now if we could only get all four groups to agree that BHO is a closet Marxist, we might actually win this election

Cowtown
01-23-2012, 05:08 PM

Bad form Franco, how low will you go? Morals?

So you get divorced and your bitter ex wife goes around bad mouthing you. Are we to believe bitter ex wife?

Give me a break.

Franco
01-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Bad form Franco, how low will you go? Morals?

So you get divorced and your bitter ex wife goes around bad mouthing you. Are we to believe bitter ex wife?

Give me a break.

Nothing is too low in attacking the scumbag known as, "Show Me The Money Newt";-)

Morals? That question might be better directed at Newt!
Oh, and why was his xwife so bitter?

Hew
01-23-2012, 06:26 PM
Nothing is too low in attacking the scumbag known as, "Show Me The Money Newt";-)

Morals? That question might be better directed at Newt!
Oh, and why was his xwife so bitter?
Unlike your boy, I'm pretty sure Newt doesn't have any skeletons in his closet akin to earning a million dollars on a racist newlsetter that espoused all kind of wacky sh!t. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57345702-503544/ron-paul-disavows-racist-newsletters-under-his-name/

Glass houses.

Plus, how many times do I have to say it....HE ASKED FOR PERMISSION, DIDN'T HE?!?!? ;-)

Matt McKenzie
01-23-2012, 07:56 PM
While we're being distracted by stories from Newt's ex-wife and calls for Romney's tax returns, we once again are missing the point of the selection. Picking the President is no different than hiring a plumber or a doctor. I want the one that is most qualified to deal with the big issue. If I have cancer, I don't care who my doctor sleeps with or how much money he makes. If I have a geyser of sewage shooting out of my toilet, I don't care what the plumber's effective tax rate is.
When it comes to the office of the President, I'm looking for a few things:
A love of liberty.
An understanding of history and our Constitution.
An understanding of how our government works and how to "make the sausage".
Leadership experience and a history of accomplishment.
A practical understanding of our economy.
A full grasp of who our enemies are and who our allies are.
A belief that the USA is the greatest country in the history of the world because we enjoy personal and economic liberty, have the best system of government in the world, and have a system that allows ANYONE to be successful.
A belief that we must make difficult decisions to get our fiscal house in order. All of us are going to have to make sacrifices if we are going to unscrew the mess that both parties have put us in. We need someone who isn't afraid to speak the truth, who isn't afraid to gore some sacred cows. Someone who isn't afraid to offend our enemies. Someone who might just rub a lot of people the wrong way. That's the kind of person that we need when things get really rough.
Is that Newt? I'm not sure. But it certainly isn't Romney the smooth talker. It isn't Rick the bible thumper. And it most certainly isn't Ron Paul. I agree with a lot of what he says about fiscal policy, but his foreign policy will get us all killed.
Those of us who know some history remember that nobody in Great Britain wanted Churchill anywhere near the government until the fit really hit the shan and Hitler was knocking at the door. But when they really needed him, they forgot about what a pompous, abrasive jerk he was and let him take the helm and lead them back out of the dark. Because none of those folks who had driven him out into exile on his estate didn't have what it took to do the tough job.
Right now our economy is in shambles, our allies are in worse shape than we are, the islamists are taking over the middle east, our relationship with Russia and China are worsening, Iran is rattling swords again, our young people are dumber than they've ever been (see OWS for proof) and here we sit, arguing about gay marriage and asking about the candidates' marriages and tax returns. We're going to mess around asking the wrong questions until it's too late to save this country.
OK, I'm putting the soapbox back out in the garage now. Just had to get it out.

BonMallari
01-23-2012, 08:06 PM
ok Matt then who is your solution, you eliminated the Final Four, you got someone else

Matt McKenzie
01-23-2012, 08:18 PM
I didn't eliminate Newt. I'm just not convinced he's the man for the job. I just can't imagine any of the other three doing it. Romney would have been fine last time around, but I'm afraid we've gone too far off the rails in the last three years. I don't know that anyone can turn it around. More important than the presidential election is those for the House and Senate. We have to get rid of the statists and the career politicians. But how do we get the right people in office when anyone with any sense knows that they are going to be crucified for every word they've ever said and every mistake they've ever made? They'll find any dirt they can, and if they can't they'll make it up. Why? Because we're too stupid to focus on the issues. We would rather hear about someone's sex life than their position on the tax code. So who in his right mind would run for office? This is the monster WE created.

EdA
01-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Matt, I sincerely hope that you have not compared Newt Gingrich to Winston Churchil, if you have you should rethink that! If Newt is the answer God help us all!

BonMallari
01-23-2012, 09:02 PM
A love of liberty.All the candidates
1.Newt 2.Paul 3. Mitt and Rick

1. Romney 2. Newt 3.RP and Rick

1. Mitt - Governor,head of Olympics, head of Bain Capital

1.Mitt and Ron Paul 3. Newt 4. Rick S

1.Mitt, Newt, Rick 50. Ron Paul
A belief that the USA is the greatest country in the history of the world because we enjoy personal and economic liberty, have the best system of government in the world, and have a system that allows ANYONE to be successful.

All the candidates

I wanted to give your criteria some thought so my answers appear in blue

caryalsobrook
01-23-2012, 09:36 PM
While we're being distracted by stories from Newt's ex-wife and calls for Romney's tax returns, we once again are missing the point of the selection. Picking the President is no different than hiring a plumber or a doctor. I want the one that is most qualified to deal with the big issue. If I have cancer, I don't care who my doctor sleeps with or how much money he makes. If I have a geyser of sewage shooting out of my toilet, I don't care what the plumber's effective tax rate is.
A love of liberty.
A belief that we must make difficult decisions to get our fiscal house in order. All of us are going to have to make sacrifices if we are going to unscrew the mess that both parties have put us in. We need someone who isn't afraid to speak the truth, who isn't afraid to gore some sacred cows. Someone who isn't afraid to offend our enemies. Someone who might just rub a lot of people the wrong way. That's the kind of person that we need when things get really rough.
Is that Newt? I'm not sure. But it certainly isn't Romney the smooth talker. It isn't Rick the bible thumper. And it most certainly isn't Ron Paul. I agree with a lot of what he says about fiscal policy, but his foreign policy will get us all killed.
Those of us who know some history remember that nobody in Great Britain wanted Churchill anywhere near the government until the fit really hit the shan and Hitler was knocking at the door. But when they really needed him, they forgot about what a pompous, abrasive jerk he was and let him take the helm and lead them back out of the dark. Because none of those folks who had driven him out into exile on his estate didn't have what it took to do the tough job.
Right now our economy is in shambles, our allies are in worse shape than we are, the islamists are taking over the middle east, our relationship with Russia and China are worsening, Iran is rattling swords again, our young people are dumber than they've ever been (see OWS for proof) and here we sit, arguing about gay marriage and asking about the candidates' marriages and tax returns. We're going to mess around asking the wrong questions until it's too late to save this country.
Where have you been?!:D I will add one thing to what you said. After V-E day, the Brittish could not wait to throw Churchill out of office and accomplished it in less than 6 months.

Keep on posting and tell it like it is!

Franco
01-24-2012, 09:08 AM
A love of liberty.

I think that actually RP's Foreign Policy is what could save us!

Great countries/empires eventually fail because they collapse from within, just as we are doing now. It doesn't matter which country one looks at throughout history, their common failing was not due to other countries/idealogies. Our Foreign Policy, our inablity to limit migration to the USA, our monetary policy/debt/budget, social policies, cradel to grave entitlements, and banking are all dysfunctional and pose a much greater threat to our Liberty and prosperity that any group of Islamic terrorrist!