PDA

View Full Version : POTUS versus Anything/Everything Else (New Subforum proposal)

Daniel J Simoens
01-19-2012, 12:54 PM
I've become familiar with this site and there are a lot of good people here and a lot of people with different opinions which is nice. However, this site really only offers two subjects: Dogs and Politics. Have there ever been discussion about opening POTUS up to almost any other topic as well? Many other forums have an Almost Anything Goes forum or Campfire forum where all other topics, besides the main reason for joining the site, are opening discussed between all memebers.

I know you can GDG a thread in the RTF forum but it would be nice to clean that place up and have everything else in here or another sub-forum. It should increase membership and activity on the whole board.

Thoughts??

Franco
01-19-2012, 01:13 PM
We discuss other topics here on POTUS. Subjects like; Football, women, beer, hunting and more Football. You know, the important stuff!

What's on your mind?

Daniel J Simoens
01-19-2012, 01:50 PM
I see there are other topics but 95% of this forum is dominated by politics. Many people are intimidated by politics so they probably never come in here and see the other topics. I am just of the opinion that if there was a place for anything (including politics) more people might check it out.

If the members and admin are ok with the ways things are now I am as well. Just a suggestion.

Byron Musick
01-19-2012, 02:02 PM
Every now and then folks should post something odd or different!! POTUS is a great place for odd stuff, since this is it's home! :)

M&K's Retrievers
01-19-2012, 02:17 PM
OK how's this? The Texas Rangers just signed Japanese Picture Yu Darvish for $60 Million plus $51 Million to be paid to his Japanese team for the right to negotiate.

Daniel J Simoens
01-19-2012, 02:29 PM
Who cares about Texas??? ;)
Brewers also signed Japanese Norichika Aoki

duk4me
01-19-2012, 02:51 PM
Who cares about Texas??? ;)
Brewers also signed Japanese Norichika Aoki

You will if we sighn Prince.:p

Daniel J Simoens
01-19-2012, 03:02 PM
touche. better hury though, pitchers and catchers report in 30 days!!

BonMallari
01-19-2012, 03:23 PM
the eyes of the baseball world will be out west...depending on who buys the Dodgers and of course the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim or whatever they are called nowadays.:rolleyes:

BonMallari
01-20-2012, 02:15 AM
I see there are other topics but 95% of this forum is dominated by politics. Many people are intimidated by politics so they probably never come in here and see the other topics. I am just of the opinion that if there was a place for anything (including politics) more people might check it out.

If the members and admin are ok with the ways things are now I am as well. Just a suggestion.

all kidding aside. I once brought up the idea of having a sub forum for newbies with the hope that they might be indoctrinated in a more friendly manner, without the slings and arrows often inflicted by those that had been around for some time....Chris A put the idea up and after seeing the consensus of the crowd, even I had to admit that adding another sub forum would only serve to dilute the RTF, as Chris A. has stated many times, the RTF is hopefully self regulating and those topics of interest will flourish and those that dont will wither and draw no attention..

We have POTUS to keep the volatile subjects off the main page, we have had POTUS shut down before because it got out of hand, and a few people couldnt play by the rules..and in many ways its never been the same..

IMHO adding another sub forum doesnt add to the board, instead we ALL need to be a little more judicious in the subjects we start, or even the direction we take those subjects, some subjects - in fact most subjects are answered within the first half dozen posts, the rest are just hyperbole,bloviating, or attacks on the messenger, and not the message itself...

I dont think I have ever seen a topic started on POTUS that was moved to the main board, but there are many that have been moved off the main board to POTUS or eliminated into oblivion

Daniel J Simoens
01-20-2012, 08:55 AM
and I'm fine with that 100%, was just putting out feelers to see if it's been discussed before. I spend most of my work day on about 3-4 other forums and was looking for a reason to come to RTF a little more. ;)