PDA

View Full Version : Should Newt's Ethics Violations be exposed

BonMallari
01-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Since Newt and the rest of America wants to see Mitt's income tax returns, do you think that in the interest of FULL disclosure that Newt's ethics violations also be made public...after all we know that Nancy Pelosi knows the contents and by law can't expose them, but I am sure that somehow they will get leaked to the press just like every other secret document in DC

cpj
01-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Why not? They should all be thoroughly vetted.

caryalsobrook
01-20-2012, 07:38 PM
Since Newt and the rest of America wants to see Mitt's income tax returns, do you think that in the interest of FULL disclosure that Newt's ethics violations also be made public...after all we know that Nancy Pelosi knows the contents and by law can't expose them, but I am sure that somehow they will get leaked to the press just like every other secret document in DC
They should certainly be made public, just as soon as BHO's college transcripts and admissions records are made public showing whether or not he accepted student loans as a foreign student.

What do you think?

DaveHare
01-20-2012, 07:53 PM
You know the old saying ,better now than later everyone knows it always comes out in the crazy game of politics.It doesn't matter ,he is done stick a fork in him.
Dave Hare

BonMallari
01-20-2012, 08:06 PM
They should certainly be made public, just as soon as BHO's college transcripts and admissions records are made public showing whether or not he accepted student loans as a foreign student.

What do you think?

I got a better shot at having lunch with Michelle Pfeiffer than we do of ever seeing those transcripts :rolleyes:

Quackwacker
01-20-2012, 08:11 PM
please show me the evidence that Newt had ethics violations.................show me the proof!

“The Democrats filed 84 charges against me, 83 were dismissed,” Gingrich said. “The only one which survived is the fact that my lawyers had written a letter inaccurately and I signed it. The Democrats refused to compromise on that. [Nancy Pelosi] was one of the three Democrats in the process of refusing to compromise or there may have been five, I can’t remember the exact — but I’ll let you decide. If she was in the middle of it, how non-partisan and just do you think the process was?”

on count? is that all you got?

caryalsobrook
01-20-2012, 08:24 PM
I got a better shot at having lunch with Michelle Pfeiffer than we do of ever seeing those transcripts :rolleyes:
You think he would have an ethics problem if he took money claiming to be a foreign student?

Just asking.:)

BonMallari
01-20-2012, 08:30 PM
Given Speaker Gingrich’s newfound interest in disclosure and transparency, and his concern about an ‘October surprise,’ he should authorize the release of the complete record of the ethics proceedings against him. We know from Newt’s own statements that he turned over a million pages of documents. Nancy Pelosi, who sat on the ethics committee, said that this information contains damaging information. Nancy Pelosi is gleeful over the information she has on Speaker Gingrich, and Speaker Gingrich is concerned enough to threaten her with a rules violation. If Nancy Pelosi has this information, Barack Obama has this information.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/post/getting-to-the-bottom-of-gingrichs-ethics-issues/2012/01/20/gIQA9nYVEQ_blog.html

Gerry Clinchy
01-20-2012, 10:03 PM
Why would the info not be public record?

Would agree, if this info will be damaging, better to know it now than later.

JDogger
01-20-2012, 10:15 PM
I love it. Just love it, when the Rebublicons eat themselves. I would vote in a heart beat for anyone but Obama, but youse guys are not making a very good case for an alternative.

To quote RK, "jess sayin". JD:rolleyes:

DaveHare
01-20-2012, 10:30 PM

Thank you Gerry,trust me it will all come OUT!!! lets all watch meet the press Sunday that should be good.
Dave Hare

Hew
01-21-2012, 01:56 AM
I love it. Just love it, when the Rebublicons eat themselves. I would vote in a heart beat for anyone but Obama, but youse guys are not making a very good case for an alternative.

To quote RK, "jess sayin". JD:rolleyes:
Would you mind terribly if I hoisted the bullsh!t flag on two of your points?:

1) The notion of the Republicans "eating themselves" is kind of silly. It's a primary. That's what's done. It has always been done. 4 years ago Obama was accusing Clinton of being a racist. The notion of Obama not having a valid birth certificate came out of the Clinton camp. Obama and Clinton camps were whispering about Edwards' infidelities. Yet you still gleefully pulled the lever for Barrack Hussein Obama, did you not?

2) If only the "Rebublicons" would be nicer to each other you would abandon 50 or so years of liberal idealogy and vote against Obama. As Bill Cosby would say with a wink, "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight."

road kill
01-21-2012, 05:38 AM
Would you mind terribly if I hoisted the bullsh!t flag on two of your points?:

1) The notion of the Republicans "eating themselves" is kind of silly. It's a primary. That's what's done. It has always been done. 4 years ago Obama was accusing Clinton of being a racist. The notion of Obama not having a valid birth certificate came out of the Clinton camp. Obama and Clinton camps were whispering about Edwards' infidelities. Yet you still gleefully pulled the lever for Barrack Hussein Obama, did you not?

2) If only the "Rebublicons" would be nicer to each other you would abandon 50 or so years of liberal idealogy and vote against Obama. As Bill Cosby would say with a wink, "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight."
I guess JD got all 3 points wrong, he quoted me as saying "jess sayin," never once posted that, ever!

Just sayin'...........

RK

Uncle Bill
01-21-2012, 03:48 PM
Why not? They should all be thoroughly vetted.

Spoken like a true Fall-on-the-sword toad for Obama! When he gets "thoroughly" vetted, then you can go after the rest of the candidates.

What was done in the Newt ethics charges had those he accepted and those that had no corroboration or proof, just the typical slanderous accusations by the leftists. It's a far cry from opening legally closed documents and having one's income tax records exposed, and considering them apples-to-apples "vetting". But then, anyone with a modicum of intelligence would recognize the difference.

UB

cpj
01-21-2012, 04:32 PM
UB, if you've been paying attention, you'd figure out I support the only true conservative in the race.

JDogger
01-21-2012, 09:51 PM
Would you mind terribly if I hoisted the bullsh!t flag on two of your points?
Please feel free to hoist the BS Flag at your discretion. You do it with every post you make.

1) The notion of the Republicans "eating themselves" is kind of silly. It's a primary. That's what's done. It has always been done. 4 years ago Obama was accusing Clinton of being a racist. The notion of Obama not having a valid birth certificate came out of the Clinton camp. Obama and Clinton camps were whispering about Edwards' infidelities. Yet you still gleefully pulled the lever for Barrack Hussein Obama, did you not? No I did not! I voted for the Libertarian candidate Bob Barr. I've told this to Stan in an earlier thread that perhaps you missed. I will probably vote again Libertarian, this time for Gary Johnson, (who I voted for two times as Gov. of NM and as an R to boot). Too bad the R's missed out on their last chance candidate to defeat Obama. Newt will likely be the R's candidate. Will he overcome the Obama machine? Unlikely.

We may joke, you and I, about Volvo's and sweat lodges, and hippie philosophies,but I am as serious as you and others.

Have a good weekend. I'm up at 5AM to go to the first training of the year. JD

JDogger
01-21-2012, 09:55 PM
I guess JD got all 3 points wrong, he quoted me as saying "jess sayin," never once posted that, ever!

Just sayin'...........

RK

Jess sayin'...Just sayin'...bout one and the same Stan. Just sayin' JD ;)

however I do confess to be a little ashamed of quoting you.

Hew
01-22-2012, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by JDogger:
No I did not! I voted for the Libertarian candidate Bob Barr. I've told this to Stan in an earlier thread that perhaps you missed. I will probably vote again Libertarian, this time for Gary Johnson, (who I voted for two times as Gov. of NM and as an R to boot). Too bad the R's missed out on their last chance candidate to defeat Obama. Newt will likely be the R's candidate. Will he overcome the Obama machine? Unlikely.

Dang. Knock me over with a feather. I humbly apologize.

Matt McKenzie
01-24-2012, 10:38 AM
when the Repubs took over Congress under Newt's leadership, the Dems brought 84 ethics charges against Newt, 83 of which were dropped. 84! And 83 had no merit. No culpability was found in the final one. If you can't recognize a hatchet job when you see one, too bad for you. But they achieved their goal. Now they can always bring up the fact that Newt was charged with ethics violations. They've made people believe that Newt is unethical simply because they made up a bunch of charges. It would be like me accusing one of you of child molestation. The police can investigate and determine that you are not guilty, but I can forever say that you "were accused of child molestation". Or I can refer to you as "suspected child molester, Mr.....". Unfortunately, that's the way it works in D.C.

cotts135
01-25-2012, 06:38 AM

Newt's ethics violations report is public record. If anyone cares to go through it here is the link

http://ethics.house.gov/committee-report/matter-representative-newt-gingrich

helencalif
01-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Ethics violations?

I do recall the check bouncing scandal. Barbara Boxer (D), California, had bounced the most checks. Was it over 800 checks? Can't recall, but it was a bunch. Our elected officials didn't care if they wrote more checks when they had already depleted their funds. They just kept writing checks until someone reported it.

Anybody remember that? Boxer is still in office.

Helen

BonMallari
01-28-2012, 05:06 PM
Ethics violations?

I do recall the check bouncing scandal. Barbara Boxer (D), California, had bounced the most checks. Was it over 800 checks? Can't recall, but it was a bunch. Our elected officials didn't care if they wrote more checks when they had already depleted their funds. They just kept writing checks until someone reported it.

Anybody remember that? Boxer is still in office.

Helen

I vividly remember the Congress check writing fiasco...members on both sides of the aisle were guilty of writing bogus checks to the Congressional bank...the thing that is wrong is that the Senate and House police their own and they traditionally slap each other on the wrists...the underlying wink wink good ole boys/girls network being the rule of thumb...the only recourse is for the American public to make the final judgement at the ballot box..

For whatever reason the only time Congress seems to step up and expel a member is when there are allegations of sexual misconduct..look no further than the recent Anthony Weiner scandal,there were many that defended him until the evidence was overwhelming about his involvement in the charges...but bribery, check writing, ethics and other violations dont seem to have the same sense of urgency

road kill
01-29-2012, 07:05 AM
To para phrase and old blues song;

"If it went for bad ethics, if it weren't for real bad ethics, Newt wouldn't have no ethics at all!!!"

RK