PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning

road kill
01-21-2012, 04:23 PM
Where does he end up next year??

RK

DaveHare
01-21-2012, 04:37 PM
As much as I hate to say this, 49ers !!!
Dave Hare

BonMallari
01-21-2012, 04:42 PM
if his family and his doctor have any sense at all, They will see to it that he has taken his last snap as an NFL QB..He has nothing left to prove, I dont want to see him carried off the field as a quadraplegic..its not bloodsport...

Socks
01-21-2012, 11:07 PM
Been too busy to follow sports. What happened to him? I know he was injured and out all season and the colts have had their butts handed to them.

Hew
01-22-2012, 05:13 AM
That will suck if Manning isn't able to go out on his own terms and have one last swan song season so that he can be properly feted as one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time (and all-around good guy, too). If he has to retire, to me, it will be like when Barry Sanders retired....a feeling like there's a lot of unfinished business left to be done.

duk4me
01-22-2012, 07:45 AM
Coaching the Colts. If he can play he'll be the first since coach and play a major professional sport since Bill Russell. Heck he may be the general manager too, since they fired everybody.

road kill
01-22-2012, 09:26 AM
Coaching the Colts. If he can play he'll be the first since coach and play a major professional sport since Bill Russell. Heck he may be the general manager too, since they fired everybody.
How about Dallas?:cool:

RK

M&K's Retrievers
01-22-2012, 09:54 AM

RK

Dallas doesn't need a QB. They need a GM.

J.Harris
01-22-2012, 10:23 AM
Hopefully no where. He should get to stay in INDY as long as he wants. He made the Colts what they wereup til this year. It is amazing what 1 player can do for a team.

Oh, and TOM BRADY SUCKS!

GO RAVENS!!!!!!!

Jeremiah

BonMallari
01-22-2012, 10:24 AM

RK

Here is how dysfunctional our (Tim,MK,me) Cowboys are...they just hired Bill Callahan as the new OC..but HC Jason Garrett will still call the plays :confused:

mngundog
01-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Player/Manager like Pete Rose?

Franco
01-22-2012, 04:55 PM
I expect Peyton to start next season for the Colts.

Wouldn't be surprise if the Colts trade their first pick.

duk4me
01-22-2012, 04:57 PM
Player/Manager like Pete Rose?

Yes just like Pete and Bill of the Celtics.

Brad Turner
01-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Peyton is done. Colts will release him at the beginning of March.

Byron Musick
01-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Redskin's will pick him up!! Usually how it works for aging QB's! :)

Jeff Huntington
01-24-2012, 09:33 AM
Retired and shooting ducks on their club in MS if he is smart. But I guess the ego and drive that got him where he is may also force him to continue.

Cowtown
01-24-2012, 09:37 AM
I expect Peyton to start next season for the Colts.

Wouldn't be surprise if the Colts trade their first pick.

I would be shocked if they trade their first pick and don't take a QB.

BonMallari
01-26-2012, 02:24 AM
well the Colts picked a defensive minded OC as their new head coach, guessing they didnt consult Peyton on the hiring...maybe the handwriting is on the wall

Jim Danis
01-26-2012, 08:19 AM
I hope he will retire as a COLT and move on. I've seen a lot of great quarterbacks that are at the end of their careers keep trying to bring back that magic and go from team to team trying to do so. The usual outcome is that they put in sub par performances and look bad doing so. I would hate to see Peyton doing that

Franco
01-26-2012, 09:39 AM
Peyton still has 5 great seasons left in his body!

If the Colts are going to go through a yuts movement and do in fact cut him in March, then I expect to see him playing for a contender. That being a team with SB potential that needs an experienced proven winner at QB.

It won't be the Jets!

road kill
01-26-2012, 09:42 AM
Peyton still has 5 great seasons left in his body!

If the Colts are going to go through a yuts movement and do in fact cut him in March, then I expect to see him playing for a contender. That being a team with SB potential that needs an experienced proven winner at QB.

It won't be the Jets!
The Colt's ownership has been quoted as saying they will take Luck with the first pick.

RK

Franco
01-26-2012, 09:49 AM
The Colt's ownership has been quoted as saying they will take Luck with the first pick.

RK

If I were looking to get the most in a trade for the #1 pick, I would be saying the same thing.

road kill
01-26-2012, 10:17 AM
If I were looking to get the most in a trade for the #1 pick, I would be saying the same thing.

This is "deja vu all over again" to me.

An organization decideing they no longer need the services of the guy that brought them back from obscurity.

Maybe he goes to TN and comes back and stomps the crap out of Indy??:D

RK

duckheads
01-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Peyton will stay in Indy. He runs the offense so it makes since they hire a defense minded coach as Irsay has done in the past. Look how many points the defense allows which was tragic this year as they didn't have Peyton to put 30 or 40 points on the board to win.

Franco
01-26-2012, 10:45 AM
I don't understand the Colts wanting to destroy a great team for the sake of a yuts movement. I know they are getting older ie Jeff Saturday, Reggie Wayne etc.

Better for a team to evolve, bring in younsters gradually as oppose to blowing the team up hoping you have good yuts and the right coach.

If the Colts ownerships wants to win next season, they'll keep Peyton. It wouldn't hurt Luck to learn under Peyton for a season or two. Then, there is always the possiblity that Luck may not make it in the NFL.

Brad Turner
01-26-2012, 11:24 AM
The colts have said that they will NOT trade Peyton. It is not a question of who he will play for. If he can play, he will stay in Indy. If he questionable, the colts will cut him and he will retire.

road kill
01-26-2012, 11:54 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/peyton-manning-adjusts-massive-colts-changes-zeroes-future-143243209.html

RK

mngundog
01-26-2012, 02:31 PM
The colts have said that they will NOT trade Peyton. It is not a question of who he will play for. If he can play, he will stay in Indy. If he questionable, the colts will cut him and he will retire.
With the way Mannings contact stands now I don't believe he has any trade value. He signed a 90 million dollar contract with a 28 million due in March plus 2012 salary of 7.4 million. I believe he will be released and then signed for far less money than he is due. I see him playing someplace beside Indy next season.

Brad Turner
01-26-2012, 02:39 PM
With the way Mannings contact stands now I don't believe he has any trade value. He signed a 90 million dollar contract with a 28 million due in March plus 2012 salary of 7.4 million. I believe he will be released and then signed for far less money than he is due. I see him playing someplace beside Indy next season.

Only if he is a complete moron!

mngundog
01-26-2012, 03:24 PM
Only if he is a complete moron!
I don't see the Colts taking a chance on him with that kind of money at stake. Based on what Peyton has said, he wants to still play football. If the Colts actually cut him I see him going someplace else, I'm not sure why he would be a complete moron regardless of what he does. The Colts said he wouldn't trade him because he has no trade value. I don't believe there is any chance that the Colts will keep him and draft Luck.

Brad Turner
01-26-2012, 06:48 PM
I am not sure that you understand the nature of this type of injury. IMO he would be a moron to risk spending the rest of his life in a wheelchair just so he can play a few more football games.

If he is smart (I believe he is), he will realize that enjoying the rest of his life with his family is more important than a game. It is not like he is hard up for the cash.

Brad Turner
01-26-2012, 06:50 PM
I think you are right about the colts not taking that kind of chance on him. I just don't believe he is willing to take that kind of risk either.

road kill
01-27-2012, 08:46 AM
It appears a rift is developing between Manning and Irsay.

INDIANAPOLIS — The Indianapolis Colts are a long, long way from being healed.

Two days after Peyton Manning publicly complained about the dour atmosphere at team headquarters following a 2-14 season and a rash of firings, Colts owner Jim Irsay introduced his new head coach and then stunned everyone by calling his franchise player a "politician" who had decided to air dirty laundry. OUCH!!!

"I don't think it's in the best interest to paint the horseshoe in a negative light, I really don't," Irsay told reporters, referring to the team's longtime logo. "The horseshoe always comes first, and I think one thing he's always known, because he's been around it so long, is that, you know, you keep it in the family. If you've got a problem you talk to each other, it's not about campaigning or anything like that."

The comments suggest there is a rift between Manning and Irsay, who is just six weeks from a deadline to pay the four-time league MVP a $28 million bonus or risk losing him as a free agent. And it all blew up in public on a day the team wanted attention focused on Chuck Pagano, the Ravens' defensive coordinator who takes over as head coach with a host of problems to address.

The biggest question mark is Manning, the face of the franchise and the primary reason for its run of success over the past decade. He is clearly upset with the fallout of the Colts' dismal season in which he never played a down after Sept. 8 neck surgery -- his third such procedure in a span of 19 months.

In the past three weeks, the Colts have fired vice chairman Bill Polian and general manager Chris Polian, coach Jim Caldwell and most of Caldwell's assistants. Irsay hired 39-year-old Ryan Grigson as the new general manager and on Wednesday chose Pagano as Caldwell's replacement.

Pagano, however, was almost an afterthought on Thursday. Last week, actor Rob Lowe caused a media frenzy by writing on Twitter that Manning was about to retire. The story got so much attention that even Pagano, who was preparing for the Ravens' AFC championship game against New England, apparently took notice.

"You know, I've got a text or a call out to Rob Lowe and I haven't heard back yet, so I'm going to have to get back to you on that one," Pagano said when asked if he expected to be coaching Manning next season.
The saga took an even more dramatic twist this week.

Manning told The Indianapolis Star that his only real conversation with Grigson, a first-time GM, had come in passing and that the vast overhaul at team headquarters had "walking around on eggshells." He said it wasn't healthy for his healing, and then said that he had no idea where Irsay stood on the question of whether he was going to play again for the Colts.

Many wondered if Manning's comments indicated that he is ready to leave Indianapolis.

Whatever the explanation, Irsay didn't like it one bit.

"I have so much affection and appreciation for Peyton. I mean we're family. We always will be and we are," Irsay said. "He's a politician. I mean look at, when it comes to being competitive, let's just say on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the highest, we're both 11s, OK? So there's been plenty of eggshells scattered around this building by him with his competitive desire to win."

The drama is just beginning, too.

Now that Irsay has his people in place in the front office, Pagano can focus his attention on selecting a staff. Grigson said Pagano will make those choices.

Irsay's decisions will be much more difficult.

Indy's horrendous season means the Colts landed the No. 1 overall pick, which is Irsay has said they will use for their quarterback of the future -- presumably Stanford's Andrew Luck.

If so, Irsay must decide how much money he wants to invest in one position. Manning signed a five-year, $90 million contract in July and is due that bonus in March. The perennial Pro Bowler is said to be recovering well from his latest surgery, but he will also turn 36 on March 24 -- a little more than two weeks after the March 8 deadline to pay that bonus.

Irsay reiterated Thursday that his choice will come down to Manning's health, not money.

"I think fans already understand that," Irsay said when asked whether Manning may have played his final game in Colts' blue. "This isn't an ankle, it isn't a shoulder. Often times the NFL is criticized for putting someone out there at risk, and I'm not going to doing that. I think he and I just need to see where his health is because this isn't about money or anything else. It's about his life and his long-term health."

That's only the start of the Colts' questions.

Grigson and Irsay must figure out how to free up salary cap space and what to do with a group of high-priced veterans such as Gary Brackett and Melvin Bullitt, and whether they want to bring back some of their key free agents such as Robert Mathis, Jeff Saturday and Reggie Wayne.

Not surprisingly, Pagano wants as many of those guys back as he can get, including Manning.

"I just came from a great organization and just spent some time with one of the greatest leaders (Ray Lewis) to ever play this game," Pagano said. "And there's one of those leaders right here (Manning) and those are the types of individuals and people that you have to surround yourself with."

But it's Irsay who must make that decision, and it's obvious that the two haven't been talking much lately -- something Irsay acknowledged will change between now and March 8.

"It's a very simple issue, it's a health issue," Irsay said.

"It's one of those things where just when you think it's going in the right direction, things change," he said, explaining later there was no indication Manning has had a setback over the last month. "It's been very hard on everyone around here, and it's been very hard on Peyton, too."

The plot thickens.........

RK

duk4me
01-27-2012, 08:53 AM
This is "deja vu all over again" to me.

An organization decideing they no longer need the services of the guy that brought them back from obscurity.

Maybe he goes to TN and comes back and stomps the crap out of Indy??:D

RK

I think that has turned out pretty good for your team. I'll give you Tony and Dez for Rodgers.;)

road kill
01-27-2012, 09:00 AM
I think that has turned out pretty good for your team. I'll give you Tony and Dez for Rodgers.;)

It has, but the transition was painful and ugly.
I am a huge Favre fan, because of the suffering of the prvious 20 years before him.
He brought Packers fans a lot of joyous Sunday afternoons and legendary exploits on the field.

Much like Manning did for the Colts.
(I actually saw Unitas play)

It is amazing grown men can't handle this discretely and professionally.

I do NOT like Peyton Manning, but he has done great things for the Colts.
Not the least of which was bringing them back to the top.

He deserves better than being discarded and told he is done.
If he feels he still needs to play, then he should play, because when it's over.....it's over.:cry:

JMO

RK

Franco
01-27-2012, 09:20 AM
If there were any questions about Manning's future with the Colts, they have been answered. Irsay's comments helps one understand why the Irsay family is so hated in Baltimore.

I hope Peyton lands with another AFC South team like the Titans. They adore him in Tennessee and payback is hell.

duk4me
01-27-2012, 06:25 PM
It has, but the transition was painful and ugly.
I am a huge Favre fan, because of the suffering of the prvious 20 years before him.
He brought Packers fans a lot of joyous Sunday afternoons and legendary exploits on the field.

Much like Manning did for the Colts.
(I actually saw Unitas play)

It is amazing grown men can't handle this discretely and professionally.

I do NOT like Peyton Manning, but he has done great things for the Colts.
Not the least of which was bringing them back to the top.

He deserves better than being discarded and told he is done.
If he feels he still needs to play, then he should play, because when it's over.....it's over.:cry:

JMO

RK

RK I know you are a huge Favre fan, I won't use my Favre moniker oh hell yes I will, Favorite fan you and I just have to agree to disagree.

It is all business and he was holding your franchise hostage.. If you play 20 yrs you will set all kinds of records........one title aint' so much of a record. Holding your boss hostage for four years not letting them know if you even intend to play? Why does your boss owe you anything.

It is a business, Isray payed Peyton his full salary knowing he couldn't play last year and he didn't have to. Sure Peyton should play but not on his terms just like the rest of us he has to earn it.

BonMallari
01-27-2012, 06:48 PM
RK I know you are a huge Favre fan, I won't use my Favre moniker oh hell yes I will, Favorite fan you and I just have to agree to disagree.

It is all business and he was holding your franchise hostage.. If you play 20 yrs you will set all kinds of records........one title aint' so much of a record. Holding your boss hostage for four years not letting them know if you even intend to play? Why does your boss owe you anything.

It is a business, Isray payed Peyton his full salary knowing he couldn't play last year and he didn't have to. Sure Peyton should play but not on his terms just like the rest of us he has to earn it.

Gotta side with Tim on this one...it is a business, and they have to make a business decision...if Green Bay had NOT made the decision they did with Favre, maybe Rodgers never gets the chance to do his thing....I hope Manning doesnt turn this whole thing into another Favre episode VI, but our football heroes cant beat father time....only George Blanda got to overtime

Brad Turner
01-27-2012, 08:15 PM
Peyton and Irsay released a joint statement today.

Mike Smith
01-27-2012, 08:21 PM
Local radio station here was discussing trading Romo for Peyton Manning. I almost had to pull over I was laughing so hard. Imagine the ramifications on that one???
Jerry+Peyton+Garret = ???

DaveHare
01-27-2012, 08:25 PM
Peyton and Irsay released a joint statement today.

It will say, Peyton going to the 49ers do you reallythink he will be a Colt next year?come on man!!!
Dave Hare

BonMallari
01-28-2012, 08:35 AM
It will say, Peyton going to the 49ers do you reallythink he will be a Colt next year?come on man!!!
Dave Hare

what makes you think the 49ers wont offer a contract extension to Alex Smith, or that they wont go after a Matt Flynn or draft a QB....lots of teams would like Peyton Manning playing QB, but many also cant afford his contract or fit him under the salary cap...also not sure that Harbaugh would want to go head to head with PM at this stage of his career

DaveHare
01-28-2012, 09:28 AM
what makes you think the 49ers wont offer a contract extension to Alex Smith, or that they wont go after a Matt Flynn or draft a QB....lots of teams would like Peyton Manning playing QB, but many also cant afford his contract or fit him under the salary cap...also not sure that Harbaugh would want to go head to head with PM at this stage of his career

Bon,although many teams would like Peyton,Im sure he will have total control on where he is going with the few years he has left in the NFL it only makes sense for him to go with a team that is ready to compete now.I think the jury is still out on Alex Smith, he had Tebow like numbers last weekend you make a good point about Harbaugh,but he is such an intense and competitive person he will make it work with Peyton.SF has plenty of room on there cap for next season.
Dave Hare

road kill
03-07-2012, 03:31 PM
HMMMMMMM.....the plot thickens!!

He will NOT be a Colt next season.

RK

Franco
03-07-2012, 05:02 PM
We should start a pool. Everyone put up a $20 and pick a team;-)

I'm guessing the Titans.

road kill
03-07-2012, 05:09 PM

I'm guessing the Titans.

I don't have $20, spent it on BC!

I read something about the Redskins.
Makes NO SENSE!

RK

Franco
03-07-2012, 05:41 PM
I don't have $20, spent it on BC!

I read something about the Redskins.
Makes NO SENSE!

RK

I would have suggested the Santorum Method, an aspirin between the knees. I tried that last week and it didn't work! Actually, I couldn't get my knees aligned! ;-)

M&K's Retrievers
03-07-2012, 06:36 PM
My guess is Arizona (indoors) or Denver (put Tebow to rest).

Brad Turner
03-07-2012, 07:35 PM
It looks like he is going to be able to play, which I was wrong in not believing he would be able to. My guess is that he will be a dolphin.

dback
03-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Miami or Arizona..........just don't see Bidwill ponying up that kind of coin. Texas or San Fran don't need to take the risk of moving "serviceable" QBs only to have Manning injured and unable to go. My money says he'll be a Dolphin.

DaveHare
03-07-2012, 10:07 PM
Bon,although many teams would like Peyton,Im sure he will have total control on where he is going with the few years he has left in the NFL it only makes sense for him to go with a team that is ready to compete now.I think the jury is still out on Alex Smith, he had Tebow like numbers last weekend you make a good point about Harbaugh,but he is such an intense and competitive person he will make it work with Peyton.SF has plenty of room on there cap for next season.
Dave Hare

Trust me on this one!! you can take it to the bank.
Dave Hare

M&K's Retrievers
03-07-2012, 10:43 PM
I really think PM plays indoors - Arizona.

BonMallari
03-07-2012, 11:32 PM
Trust me on this one!! you can take it to the bank.
Dave Hare

LOL....didnt Harbaugh play for the Colts too...just dont think the egos would mesh

Here is my guess........Jerry Jones and his inflated super ego and pocketbook, will basically get into a bidding war with Daniel Snyder and both hyperinflate the market...Cowboys will get Manning and the Romo era will end ....and if you believe that, I know of a dog training ranch in Montana for sale :p:p

Meanwhile all the smart teams will draft Luck, RGIII, Tannehill....and my sleeper pick Russell Wilson from Wisconsin

DaveHare
03-07-2012, 11:46 PM
LOL....didnt Harbaugh play for the Colts too...just dont think the egos would mesh

Here is my guess........Jerry Jones and his inflated super ego and pocketbook, will basically get into a bidding war with Daniel Snyder and both hyperinflate the market...Cowboys will get Manning and the Romo era will end ....and if you believe that, I know of a dog training ranch in Montana for sale : :

Meanwhile all the smart teams will draft Luck, RGIII, Tannehill....and my sleeper pick Russell Wilson from Wisconsin

Bon, I take it all back.Peyton goes to the big D!!! Russell Wilson is also my sleeper, the Tebow era will end!!!!
Dave Hare

okduckboy
03-08-2012, 02:29 AM
Wherever he goes hopefully he can finish strong. Would have been nice if the colts had kept him a few more years for what he brought to the team.

road kill
03-16-2012, 10:32 AM
Looks like the Titans have closed the deal!!

RK

Franco
03-16-2012, 10:35 AM

I'm guessing the Titans.

Stan, in my mind, the Titans are the obvious choice.

1 They love Peyton in Tennessee, he is one of the most loved Vols.
2 His wife is from Tennessee

and the biggest reason...

3 He gets to play the Colts twice a year!

;-)

road kill
03-16-2012, 10:37 AM
Stan, in my mind, the Titans are the obvious choice.

1 They love Peyton in Tennessee, he is one of the most loved Vols.
2 His wife is from Tennessee

and the biggest reason...

3 He gets to play the Colts twice a year!

;-)
It was just reported that he signed.
The contract will be reveiwed by the NFL for salary cap issues.
It should be announced today or tomorrow.
Much like Favre, Manning will decide when he retires.
And he went to a serious rival.

If MO is correct, look for TN to be very strong this year!!
Manning is motivated.

RK

huntinman
03-16-2012, 10:55 AM
It was just reported that he signed.
The contract will be reveiwed by the NFL for salary cap issues.
It should be announced today or tomorrow.
Much like Favre, Manning will decide when he retires.
And he went to a serious rival.

If MO is correct, look for TN to be very strong this year!!
Manning is motivated.

RK

RK... reported by who? Don't see it on ESPN. Did see that the Titans signed Hutchinson at left guard. Could be a good sign...

road kill
03-16-2012, 11:02 AM
RK... reported by who? Don't see it on ESPN. Did see that the Titans signed Huthinson at left guard. Could be a good sign...
Local station here says it was on AP wire.
No terms disclosed until NFL reveiws contract.

RK

huntinman
03-16-2012, 11:07 AM
ESPN just posted a report that Broncos Brass including Elway are flying to NC to watch Manning work out today. Don't think they would bother if he had already signed.

luvmylabs23139
03-16-2012, 11:16 AM
I hope manning is far away from NC. He screwed my team many years ago so I hope he rots on the sidelines.

road kill
03-16-2012, 11:18 AM
ESPN just posted a report that Broncos Brass including Elway are flying to NC to watch Manning work out today. Don't think they would bother if he had already signed.

OK, guess I just made it up then because we all know ESPN is NEVER wrong!

Just telling you what I just heard on the radio.

RK

huntinman
03-16-2012, 11:39 AM

RK

Reporters of all stripes do a lot of speculating. Be OK with me if the one you heard is correct though. However, I do like the 2 QB's they have in Hasselbeck and Locker.

The Titans would have been a much better team last year if their running game had made an appearance. Chris Johnson held out for the big contract, then showed up out of shape and seemed un-motivated. They screwed up giving him that much money.

M&K's Retrievers
03-16-2012, 11:42 AM
ESPN just reported he was going to throw for Denver today.I guess first liar doesn't have a chance. :p

Franco
03-16-2012, 02:12 PM

RK

I heard this morning on WWL radio out of New Orleans that Tom Condom, Peyton's agent is working out the details of the contract with the Titans. Manning was going to Duke anyway because that is where he has done much of his rehab and the Broncos meeting was already scheduled.

I expect Denver to really sweenten any offer the Titans may have on the table. It allows for them to get away gracefully from Tebo.

The Colts messed up. They could have trade that first pick and filled a bunch of needs and kept Manning. Luck has yet to prove anything in the NFL!

duckheads
03-16-2012, 04:30 PM
I heard this morning on WWL radio out of New Orleans that Tom Condom, Peyton's agent is working out the details of the contract with the Titans. Manning was going to Duke anyway because that is where he has done much of his rehab and the Broncos meeting was already scheduled.

I expect Denver to really sweenten any offer the Titans may have on the table. It allows for them to get away gracefully from Tebo.

The Colts messed up. They could have trade that first pick and filled a bunch of needs and kept Manning. Luck has yet to prove anything in the NFL!

I couldn't agree more, but they are letting a lot of veterans go. I don't see the colts getting back to the top for along time if ever! Only time will tell!

troy schwab
03-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Add another to the mix! LOL

BonMallari
03-16-2012, 08:14 PM
Dave Hare

Ok Dave, I have to eat some crow...but it looks like the 49'ers are the team to beat,Peyton would go to an instant contender, the Titans are going to play the hometown hero card

DaveHare
03-16-2012, 08:40 PM
Ok Dave, I have to eat some crow...but it looks like the 49'ers are the team to beat,Peyton would go to an instant contender, the Titans are going to play the hometown hero card

Bon , Broncos offer 90 million 30 million guaranteed !!! 49'ers offer 90 million 40 million guaranteed. That should keep you stocked up with Dr Pepper.This is going to get very CRAZY. HOLD ON TIGHT!
Dave Hare

BonMallari
03-16-2012, 08:48 PM
Bon , Broncos offer 90 million 30 million guaranteed !!! 49'ers offer 90 million 40 million guaranteed. That should keep you stocked up with Dr Pepper.This is going to get very CRAZY. HOLD ON TIGHT!
Dave Hare

Peyton wants another ring, no way he wants Eli to have two rings alone in the family, the Niners give him that shot, they were under the radar, but they look to be the smart choice now...as class an act as PM is I dont think he wants to walk into Tebowmania, and the Titans are still in the same conference as Brady/Pats....it was a good call Dave

Franco
03-17-2012, 07:55 AM
Peyton wants another ring, no way he wants Eli to have two rings alone in the family, the Niners give him that shot, they were under the radar, but they look to be the smart choice now...as class an act as PM is I dont think he wants to walk into Tebowmania, and the Titans are still in the same conference as Brady/Pats....it was a good call Dave

Titans are in the AFC South not East in regards to Divisions. But to say he doesn't want to be in the same Conference doesn't make sense when the NFC has far superior teams and QB's than the AFC.

No way would Manning move his family to SF! I say Denver would be his second choice and signing Manning would allow the Broncos to gracefully walk away from Tebow.

I still say it will be the Titans though.

Part of the Titans offer is that Manning will receive a small ownership stake in the club. Bud Adams is in his 80's and setting Manning up to own the Titans when he passes. That is if Manning wants to stay connected to Football after retirement as an owner. Nice option to have and trumps all other offers. And, lets don't forget Manning's history at Tennessee.

BonMallari
03-18-2012, 05:35 PM
Titans are in the AFC South not East in regards to Divisions. But to say he doesn't want to be in the same Conference doesn't make sense when the NFC has far superior teams and QB's than the AFC.

No way would Manning move his family to SF! I say Denver would be his second choice and signing Manning would allow the Broncos to gracefully walk away from Tebow.

I still say it will be the Titans though.

Part of the Titans offer is that Manning will receive a small ownership stake in the club. Bud Adams is in his 80's and setting Manning up to own the Titans when he passes. That is if Manning wants to stay connected to Football after retirement as an owner. Nice option to have and trumps all other offers. And, lets don't forget Manning's history at Tennessee.

I wouldnt trust Bud Adams further than I could kick his azzz down the road

Matt Flynn from Tyler Lee HS just signed a 3 yr -26 million dollar deal with the Seattle Seahawks...there ya go Marvin

kudos to Flynn

M&K's Retrievers
03-19-2012, 12:28 PM
According to Chris Mortenson, PM going to Denver.

BonMallari
03-19-2012, 12:34 PM
well Dave looks like I owe you a Coors Light or twelve...Denver it is....going to be interesting how Elway handles the Tebow situation...

road kill
03-19-2012, 12:35 PM
ESPN: Peyton Manning picks Denver Broncos
Comments By Nate Davis, USA TODAY Updated 4m ago Peyton Manning will trade the horseshoe for the horse.

The four-time MVP has told his agent, Tom Condon, to begin contract negotiations but is headed to the Mile High City, per ESPN's Chris Mortensen, who broke the news on SportsCenter.

Peyton Manning, left, tours the Broncos' facilities March 9 with HC John Fox, center, and VP of football operations John Elway, right.CAPTIONBy John Leyba, The Denver Post via AP
NFL Network is also reporting the agreement.

Manning apparently called the 49ers and Titans on Monday morning to inform them of the decision.

It's been widely assumed Manning will sign a deal similar (if not exceeding) the five-year, $90 million package he signed with the Colts last July. He and Patriots QB Tom Brady topped the NFL with pacts that averaged $18 million annually.

All three of Manning's suitors had contractual frameworks in place last week. He worked out for Denver brass at Duke University on Friday.

QB Peyton Manning, left, walks with Broncos VP of football operations John Elway on the Duke campus Friday.CAPTIONBy Travis Long, The News & Observer via AP
ESPN's Adam Schefter further reported that Denver may bring in C Jeff Saturday, Manning's longtime batterymate in Indianapolis, and will look to trade QB Tim Tebow.

WHITHER TEBOW: If Broncos dump him, where should he go?

Why is Manning a good fit for the Broncos?

•They are in the AFC, relieving Manning of more frequent matchups against the Giants and his brother Eli; Denver plays NFC South teams in 2012.
•He'll be working for an organization that has great tradition, much of it forged by Hall of Fame quarterback and current VP of football operations John Elway, who likely becomes Manning's new sounding board.
•The AFC West seems to be a winnable division; remember, Denver backed into the postseason at 8-8 in 2011.
•They have a solid backfield that includes RBs Willis McGahee and Knowshon Moreno.
•The top wideouts, Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker, are promising, though young. Expect a more experienced body (Dallas Clark, Brandon Stokley?) to be added.
•The offensive line is very good, starting with tackles Ryan Clady and Orlando Franklin. Their ability to successfully adapt from Kyle Orton's dropback style to Tebow's running game last season was commendable.
•Implementing Tebow's stengths is also a tribute to OC Mike McCoy and HC John Fox, who's known as a players' coach.
•The defense has some nice pieces, most notably OLB Von Miller and DE Elvis Dumervil. Expect more pieces to be added once Manning is officially in the fold.

Unbeleivable.

RK

Franco
03-19-2012, 01:30 PM
I felt Denver was his second choice, wrong!

It does allow the Broncos a graceful way of diviorcing from Tebow. And, the Broncos do play in a soft Division but, so do the Titans.

M&K's Retrievers
03-19-2012, 01:45 PM
My guess is Arizona (indoors) or Denver (put Tebow to rest).

Unbeleivable.

RK

???Why????

Hew
03-19-2012, 02:48 PM
Denver is dead to me. ;-)

I have never liked Elway...the d-baggery runs strong in him. But I really like Peyton Manning and would like to see him do well. Hmmm...the confliction.

Tebow to Jax, hopefully. They need something to give that franchise a boost and put some butts in the seats.

road kill
03-19-2012, 02:51 PM
???Why???

I think San Fran and TN have more to offer.

Denver is dead to me. ;-)

I have never liked Elway...the d-baggery runs strong in him. But I really like Peyton Manning and would like to see him do well. Hmmm...the confliction.

Tebow to Jax, hopefully. They need something to give that franchise a boost and put some butts in the seats.

Manning and Elway are 2 peas in a pod to me.

Can't stand either one!!

RK

Franco
03-19-2012, 02:58 PM
I think San Fran and TN have more to offer.

Manning and Elway are 2 peas in a pod to me.

Can't stand either one!!

RK

How do you not like P Manning?

He's the greatest QB to ever suit up!

road kill
03-19-2012, 03:00 PM

UH HUH!!!;-)

(some might say he ain't even da best in da family!!)

RK

BonMallari
03-19-2012, 04:32 PM

statistically probably....

Super Bowl wins....Montana, Bradshaw,Brady say hello

class act....in a class with Brees, Staubach,Starr,Rodgers

greatest ever...how about Johnny Unitas

M&K's Retrievers
03-19-2012, 04:44 PM

Bon, shouldn't Aikman be in there somewhere?

Franco
03-19-2012, 04:47 PM

Remember, it takes a team effort to win championships!

Peyton started out with Defensive minded Jim Mora. Then, Defensive minded Dungy. He has never played under an O minded Headcoach.

Bradshaw was pure physical greatness in an era when roughing up the QB was allowed. Terry didn't have Walsh or Bellichek to coddle him because Chuck Knoll wouldn't give a player a hanky if they were bleeding to death;-) Ditto for Unitas but, P Manning rewrote how the QB position is played in the modern era and by the time he retires will own every record worth owning.

BonMallari
03-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Bon, shouldn't Aikman be in there somewhere?

Yes he should be in SB wins and a class act too, but didnt want to get accused of being a Cowboys homer since I put Roger up there...:D

Heck Steve Young belongs in the conversation while we are at it along with Dan Marino

road kill
03-19-2012, 05:00 PM
Remember, it takes a team effort to win championships!

Peyton started out with Defensive minded Jim Mora. Then, Defensive minded Dungy. He has never played under an O minded Headcoach.

Bradshaw was pure physical greatness in an era when roughing up the QB was allowed. Terry didn't have Walsh or Bellichek to coddle him because Chuck Knoll wouldn't give a player a hanky if they were bleeding to death;-) Ditto for Unitas but, P Manning rewrote how the QB position is played in the modern era and by the time he retires will own every record worth owning.

Really???

Who holds all them records???:cool:

RK

Jason Glavich
03-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Really???

Who holds all them records???:cool:

RK

I am pretty sure Brady and Brees own quite a few of those records as well, I think Rodgers may even own 1 or 2 as well come to think of it.

road kill
03-19-2012, 05:27 PM
I think youse guys need to google you some all-time career passing records.
1 name consistantly keeps showing up.:D

Yards (by over 10,000 yards)
TD's
Games
Consecutive games started
Passes
Attempted & Completed
And yes Int's

RK

M&K's Retrievers
03-19-2012, 05:36 PM

TD's
Games
Passes
Attempted & Completed
And yes Int's

RK

You left out "Most Times Retired" :lol::razz:

Franco
03-19-2012, 05:42 PM

TD's
Games
Passes
Attempted & Completed
And yes Int's

RK

Lets see where Peyton's records are when he turns 40.

And, to think the Farve and Manning grew up only an hour from one another. Must be something in the water.

BonMallari
03-19-2012, 05:44 PM
Lets see where Peyton's records are when he turns 40.

And, to think the Farve and Manning grew up only an hour from one another. Must be something in the water.

Brees might own all the records if he plays that long ;)

Franco
03-19-2012, 06:19 PM
Brees might own all the records if he plays that long ;)

No QB has thrown for more yards or TD's than Brees over the last 6 seasons but, he got a late start. He didn't become a Saint until his 6th season in the NFL. Saints' Offense has been #1 for four of those six seasons.

I just hope he gets his 20 million a year - 5 year deal and doesn't have to deal with the Franchise Tag next season.

road kill
03-19-2012, 06:30 PM
No QB has thrown for more yards or TD's than Brees over the last 6 seasons but, he got a late start. He didn't become a Saint until his 6th season in the NFL. Saints' Offense has been #1 for four of those six seasons.

I just hope he gets his 20 million a year - 5 year deal and doesn't have to deal with the Franchise Tag next season.

Only 227 to go.
Should be there in what, 3 seasons???;-)

RK

DaveHare
03-19-2012, 07:34 PM
well Dave looks like I owe you a Coors Light or twelve...Denver it is....going to be interesting how Elway handles the Tebow situation...

Bon forget the Coors Light,I'm drinking Crown Royal tonight!!!! this is a very BIG day in Bronco land. Tebow who?????????
Dave Hare

huntinman
03-19-2012, 11:05 PM
Bon forget the Coors Light,I'm drinking Crown Royal tonight!!!! this is a very BIG day in Bronco land. Tebow who?????????
Dave Hare

Just hope he doesnt take a big sack in the first game and injure that neck. Might have done the other teams a favor. I was pulling for the Titans to get him... sort of... Kind of glad they didn't. I really like Peyton and the Broncos, hope it works out great. Just holding my breath when he gets hit.

DaveHare
03-19-2012, 11:21 PM
Just hope he doesnt take a big sack in the first game and injure that neck. Might have done the other teams a favor. I was pulling for the Titans to get him... sort of... Kind of glad they didn't. I really like Peyton and the Broncos, hope it works out great. Just holding my breath when he gets hit.

Bill that would be a 95 million dollar disaster!!.I bet you Mr Elway will be holding his breath as well.
Dave Hare

BonMallari
03-19-2012, 11:36 PM
Bill that would be a 95 million dollar disaster!!.I bet you Mr Elway will be holding his breath as well.
Dave Hare

Do you think Lloyds of London would underwrite an insurance policy against a season or career ending injury, cant imagine Pat Bowlen rolling the dice on that kind of odds, how much of the contract is guaranteed, or how much of the money is up front

wonder if season ticket prices just increased

DaveHare
03-20-2012, 12:04 AM
Do you think Lloyds of London would underwrite an insurance policy against a season or career ending injury, cant imagine Pat Bowlen rolling the dice on that kind of odds, how much of the contract is guaranteed, or how much of the money is up front

wonder if season ticket prices just increased

Bon Peytons contract will be finalized tomorrow ,in his contract it will have insurance clauses that will protect the Broncos . The word is 5 years 95 million 40 million guaranteed this is still a lot of money if he was to get hurt!! no word on ticket prices .
Dave Hare

JDogger
03-20-2012, 12:17 AM
I had a couple at the counter today ask me, "so what do you think of PM?"
"Never heard of him.", I replied.
Ya should have seen their faces.:p JD

Hew
03-20-2012, 06:32 AM
One of the talking heads on ESPN Radio said that Manning offered all the teams he was talking to financial protection against any further neck injuries; but that same protection wouldn't apply to any other injuries. IOW, his money isn't guaranteed if he hurts his neck again and can't play.

He reportedly also told his manager that he didn't want to jack the teams around by making it a bidding war for the most money....he wanted what he thought was fair and he'd pick from whichever teams came in around the 95 mil mark.

road kill
03-20-2012, 09:36 AM
One of the talking heads on ESPN Radio said that Manning offered all the teams he was talking to financial protection against any further neck injuries; but that same protection wouldn't apply to any other injuries. IOW, his money isn't guaranteed if he hurts his neck again and can't play.

He reportedly also told his manager that he didn't want to jack the teams around by making it a bidding war for the most money....he wanted what he thought was fair and he'd pick from whichever teams came in around the 95 mil mark.

How magnanimous!!!!:rolleyes:

RK

paul young
03-20-2012, 12:02 PM
if he had a lick of sense he would have started a new career as an analyst or coach. he has made a crapload of money during his career as a player. i don't see why he would need another 100 million. what good will it do him if he ends up in a wheelchair for life?

i wish him the best of luck. i just don't understand why he would take such a risk.-Paul

Hunter Burke
04-04-2012, 11:14 PM
I say he lands at a bank somewhere.

mngundog
10-20-2014, 01:41 PM
Bump............

swliszka
10-20-2014, 02:09 PM
In case you folks are interested after Ammo just won her 4th Double Header trial this year somebody asked the question how does Ammo compare to Lottie. I stuck my neck out and alot of you heard/read the big comparison this weekend was Manning vs Brady. Well I did it for the two Bs and said Lottie wins by leaving 4 litters w/22 FC-AFC offspring and their mucho titled offspring. The greater legacy goes to Lottie because of the genes. Ammo has not had any offspring yet to the best of my knowledge. Kind of like oranges and tangerines--similar fruit but different size/taste/etc.

mngundog
10-20-2014, 02:31 PM
In case you folks are interested after Ammo just won her 4th Double Header trial this year somebody asked the question how does Ammo compare to Lottie. I stuck my neck out and alot of you heard/read the big comparison this weekend was Manning vs Brady. Well I did it for the two Bs and said Lottie wins by leaving 4 litters w/22 FC-AFC offspring and their mucho titled offspring. The greater legacy goes to Lottie because of the genes. Ammo has not had any offspring yet to the best of my knowledge. Kind of like oranges and tangerines--similar fruit but different size/taste/etc.

Although both Lottie and Ammo have more mobility than Peyton, I believe both lack his passing ability, as far as offspring go we will have to see.

BonMallari
10-20-2014, 02:49 PM
Tom Brady is married to Victoria's Secret gal Giselle Bundchen...that is like matching up an NAFC x and NFC.....sign me up for a puppy

Peyton Manning( 506 TD's) is like River Oaks Corky..505.5 AA points

Franco
10-20-2014, 03:02 PM
Today's game favors the Pass, so comparing Manning to Unitas really isn't fair. Both were the greatest of their era. When Manning breaks the 600 TD mark(currently at 510) I will agree that he is the best of all time.

Remember that Manning spent the first couple of season with a coach that never won a playoff game and didn't like the passing game, Jim Mora.

road kill
10-20-2014, 03:10 PM
I sit in a pretty fortunate place.

3 of the greatest QB's of their ERA's.

Bart Starr--The consummate leader!
Brett Favre--TOUGH as nails!
Aaron Rodgers--Amazing!

All from the team I root for!!!;-)

SWEETNESS!!!!!!!

mngundog
10-20-2014, 03:56 PM
Today's game favors the Pass, so comparing Manning to Unitas really isn't fair. Both were the greatest of their era. When Manning breaks the 600 TD mark(currently at 510) I will agree that he is the best of all time.

Remember that Manning spent the first couple of season with a coach that never won a playoff game and didn't like the passing game, Jim Mora.
I think you are close but I would go slightly higher, I believ Marino would be above 600 if he got to play under today's rules. Marino and Montana are on my tops list from that era, Brady and Manning of todays.

road kill
10-20-2014, 04:23 PM
I think you are close but I would go slightly higher, I believ Marino would be above 600 if he got to play under today's rules. Marino and Montana are on my tops list from that era, Brady and Manning of todays.

Your list is biased!!!!;-)

mngundog
10-20-2014, 04:40 PM
Your list is biased!!!!;-)

How so? ...

road kill
10-20-2014, 04:44 PM
How so? ...

HAHAHA!!!!!!

Where's Joe Kapp??????

mngundog
10-20-2014, 05:04 PM
HAHAHA!!!!!!

Where's Joe Kapp??????

Never watched him play, that's why I never mentioned the earlier eras.

road kill
10-20-2014, 05:11 PM
Never watched him play, that's why I never mentioned the earlier eras.

My bad for tryin to have some fun.

Clearly, Favre deserves no mention in your list even though he did hold the aforementioned record.

mngundog
10-20-2014, 05:14 PM
My bad for tryin to have some fun.

Clearly, Favre deserves no mention in your list even though he did hold the aforementioned record.

I left off about 25 Hall of Famers. I always thought of Favre as a grinder like Tark, I agree "tough as nails".

Franco
10-20-2014, 05:29 PM
HAHAHA!!!!!!

Where's Joe Kapp??????

Joe Kapp, haha a good one!

Y A Tittle wrote the book on toughness as well as over 240 TD passes in an era when the ball was rounder, WR's could get mugged, QB's could get mugged etc.

Love Farve, he grew up within an hour of the Super Dome and wanted to be drafted by the Saints. Luckily for him, that didn't happen.

Got to love Manning still being at the top of his game at his age.

I like Rodgers a lot too and if it wasn't for Manning, I'd say he was the best today. I just hope Rodgers takes it easy on my team Sunday night!

swampcollielover
10-21-2014, 09:53 AM
I sit in a pretty fortunate place.

3 of the greatest QB's of their ERA's.

Bart Starr--The consummate leader!
Brett Favre--TOUGH as nails!
Aaron Rodgers--Amazing!

All from the team I root for!!!;-)

SWEETNESS!!!!!!!

I always enjoyed the Packers, they were my first love in pro football. But being raised in Colorado, I am avid Bronco Fan....going back to the 'striped sock' days when they played on the Denver University field. We also have a legacy of great quarterbacks....Elway and now Manning come to mind....

Anyone who knows Peyton Manning understands that he truly plays the game, because he loves the game! He is probably the best 'student' of the game to ever play. His work ethic is because of his love for the game. Of course the money is important, but not his primary motive.