PDA

View Full Version : Is there a such thing as an HONEST politican?

Sundown49 aka Otey B
01-21-2012, 08:43 PM
Does anyone believe there is such thing as an HONEST politican?

BonMallari
01-22-2012, 03:50 AM
yes they are honest BUT they are corrupted by the lobby system of influence, politicians sell influence and their vote, which makes them dishonest if they happen to not vote in favor of your special interest...if we eliminate the lobbyist we would clean up half the corruptness in Wash DC

road kill
01-22-2012, 06:52 AM
Governor Scott Walker

RK

Sundown49 aka Otey B
01-22-2012, 07:21 AM
RK forgot about him..:)

road kill
01-22-2012, 07:32 AM
RK forgot about him..:)

We have a Senator here in WI by the name of Ron Johnson.
He trounced the infamous Russ Feingold (McCain, Feingold???)
I got to meet him at an event for Gov. Walker.
Really down to earth, decent guy.
Small business owner, pretty much in line with WI conservatism.

But I fear it's just a matter of time before he gets caught up in the cess pool we call Washington DC, the cradle of secular progressive depravity.

RK

charly_t
01-22-2012, 08:32 AM
We have a Senator here in WI by the name of Ron Johnson.
He trounced the infamous Russ Feingold (McCain, Feingold???)
I got to meet him at an event for Gov. Walker.
Really down to earth, decent guy.
Small business owner, pretty much in line with WI conservatism.

But I fear it's just a matter of time before he gets caught up in the cess pool we call Washington DC, the cradle of secular progressive depravity.

RK

I'm reminded of the old joke ( supposed to have really happened ) where a younger woman ( 40s maybe ) happened to meet this old friend ( 60s or older ) in a store and they got to talking about the upcoming election. The older lady says "I'm voting for John" and the younger lady says "why would you do that you know he is the biggest crook in the county ?" "yes" the older lady says "but if I vote for Roy and he gets elected it will make him into a crook and we don't want to ruin an honest man."

zeus3925
01-22-2012, 08:34 AM
When I did my first volunteer lobbying, a state senator, William Fitzgerald said to me, "In this game you are going to find that one third of politicians are prima donas--they will do anything and take any stand that makes them look good in the media. Another third are out and out prostitutes--they would sell out their mothers. The last third are good, hard working, honest men that try their best to do what they were sent here for, to represent their constituents."

Over the years I found that to be pretty much true.

Gerry Clinchy
01-22-2012, 10:23 AM
When I did my first volunteer lobbying, a state senator, William Fitzgerald said to me, "In this game you are going to find that one third of politicians are prima donas--they will do anything and take any stand that makes them look good in the media. Another third are out and out prostitutes--they would sell out their mothers. The last third are good, hard working, honest men that try their best to do what they were sent here for, to represent their constituents."

Over the years I found that to be pretty much true.

And, unfortunately, the 1/3 cannot out-vote the 2/3!

mngundog
01-22-2012, 10:40 AM
I think that 1/3 may be a very large exaggeration, almost border lining on being dishonest. :D

charly_t
01-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Shoot ! Most politicians don't really know what honest means so how can they be honest or judge if someone else is being honest. Just a little glitch in their upbring.

DaveHare
01-22-2012, 11:39 AM
The 40th president of the USA, and 33rd governor of California the great Ronald Wilson Reagan is as close as you will come to an honest politican!!
Dave Hare

Sundown49 aka Otey B
01-22-2012, 11:43 AM
To me the most important thing about anyone running for office is honesty. The majority of what we have in Washington DC would rather spin a lie than just tell the simple TRUTH. If they are on the take, just say so ,,,,,I will decide to vote for them or not. I work in local government part time and what really gets my goat is even at the local level the biggest worry an incumbent has is not doing what they were elected to do but whether they can get re-elected. Well just venting...........it's he$$ being old in the times we have going on in this once GREAT nation.

menmon
01-22-2012, 12:34 PM
This is the problem. The approval rating is single digit for congress but everyone likes their guy or gal. And why is that? They take care of their own, no matter what the expense is to the rest of us.

cpj
01-22-2012, 12:38 PM
We do, he's running for office and said two debates ago that he doesn't talk to lobbyists. When legislation crosses his desk the first criteria that must be met is that it be within constitutional limits to be considered for a vote. Too bad he's considered "crazy".