PDA

View Full Version : Prince Fielder to Detroit 9 year $214m

Daniel J Simoens
01-24-2012, 03:05 PM
Wish the guy the best of luck and I'll now be rooting for the Tigers as my favorite AL team. I wonder how long questions about his father will last. I hope Prince smashes all his records though. According to sources, he will play 1B.

Cowtown
01-24-2012, 03:15 PM
The Rangers competition is sure getting tougher ie Angels and Tigers.

Glad we signed Darvish. Simpson said yesterday he'd rather not sign Fielder and make a run at Josh. I like that plan.

Uncle Bill
01-24-2012, 05:26 PM
Wish the guy the best of luck and I'll now be rooting for the Tigers as my favorite AL team. I wonder how long questions about his father will last. I hope Prince smashes all his records though. According to sources, he will play 1B.

Once again a future HOF candidate opts for an AL team, which is wise. You know Fielder or the Angel's Albert will be playing first base throughout their contracts, but in the AL you can bet they'll be at bat every chance they can, as long as they are healthy. I'm happy for them both, regardless that I still firmly believe, ALL professional athletes are incredibly overpaid.

That's the irony of movements like the OWS crowd. They are after the "fat cats" of Wall Street, while the consistant fat cats can be found among those they follow in the movies and in sports. Plus, the majority of those fat cats on WS are from their own party, except, of course, the RP followers in their 20's and 30's...they are in it for the MJ.;-)

UB

BonMallari
01-24-2012, 05:31 PM
you can bet no Dems are going to be asking for his tax return, or that he has the money offshore in the Caymans....because that would be racist :p:p:rolleyes::rolleyes:

mngundog
01-24-2012, 11:04 PM
Short term solution, long term problem (contract wise). I they win it all in the next two seasons it will be worth it. Not sure but I believe Detroit hasn't been that strong defensively the last couple seasons, they should control the Central however I don't know if they can advance through the playoffs on offense alone.