PDA

View Full Version : US To Open Remaining Gulf Oil leases

Franco
01-26-2012, 11:09 AM
In the wake of the bad decission on the Keystone Pipeline, the current administration is opening up all the available areas in the gulf for drilling!

http://loga.la/oil-gas-news/?p=6529

The spill prompted the administration to cancel plans both it and the Bush administration had to open up areas off the East Coast and western Florida for drilling. Despite the halt, U.S. crude oil production has jumped 14% from 2008 to 2011, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration. Natural gas production is up by about 10% over the same period.

Gerry Clinchy
01-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Perhaps we don't give Obama enough credit for his cleverness. His speech pacified environmentalists, but his actions ought to bring down the price of gasoline & gas heat by November 2012. How much you wanna bet that the Keystone pipeline also gets approved just in the nick of time to help out in Nov. 2012 as well? Crazy like a fox.

Eric Johnson
01-26-2012, 12:40 PM
In all likelihood, Keystone is dead until after the election. The BNSF railroad claims to have the ability to haul the full output of the Canadian oil sands production for the foreseeable future. The cost will be a bit more but they can do it, they claim.

It so happens that Warren Buffet is the primary stockholder in BNSF.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jan/24/buffett-would-profit-keystone-cancellation/

http://tinyurl.com/7r3zuhe

Eric

Uncle Bill
01-26-2012, 01:26 PM
Once they get a path past the Nebraska tree-huggers and crane watchers, and circumvent the sand hills, the only real questionable path that should be avoided, due to the sandy land not being very stable.

Unlike a natural gas line, and other underground piping or electrical wiring, the XL pipeline isn't very deep...about the depth of the irrigation ditches, just filled over. That covering will never last very long in that sandy land...which will make it a constant maintenence problem.

That current suggested route should be easily changed, and once done, the pipeline can be done in the USA, down to it's destination, and can be used by trucking the oil to the USA/Canadian border, with no Fed interference or approval necessary. It WILL happen one way or the other. More sane Americans will see to it. The entire project makes way too much sense, despite the lack of intelligence by the supposed 'smart' president who has shut it down. Anyone with a modicum of sense must realize this is PURELY POLITICAL...AND NOT WHAT'S GOOD FOR AMERICA!!!

UB

menmon
01-26-2012, 02:43 PM
In all likelihood, Keystone is dead until after the election. The BNSF railroad claims to have the ability to haul the full output of the Canadian oil sands production for the foreseeable future. The cost will be a bit more but they can do it, they claim.

It so happens that Warren Buffet is the primary stockholder in BNSF.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jan/24/buffett-would-profit-keystone-cancellation/

http://tinyurl.com/7r3zuhe

Eric

I can see it now....talk radio and cable TV is making a good honest man into a vilian, because he does not agree with them on politics.

Kind of like George Soros...he was everyone's financial hero until he sided with the democrats:rolleyes:

road kill
01-26-2012, 02:53 PM
I can see it now....talk radio and cable TV is making a good honest man into a vilian, because he does not agree with them on politics.

Kind of like George Soros...he was everyone's financial hero until he sided with the democrats:rolleyes:

I don't think he is a Democrat or the issue was him siding with the Democrats.

He is a secular progressive (admittedly) and he bet against, I repeat AGAINST the USA.

Reprehensible to most Americans.
Evidently lauded by others.:cool:

Just sayin'.........

RK

menmon
01-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Once they get a path past the Nebraska tree-huggers and crane watchers, and circumvent the sand hills, the only real questionable path that should be avoided, due to the sandy land not being very stable.

Unlike a natural gas line, and other underground piping or electrical wiring, the XL pipeline isn't very deep...about the depth of the irrigation ditches, just filled over. That covering will never last very long in that sandy land...which will make it a constant maintenence problem.

That current suggested route should be easily changed, and once done, the pipeline can be done in the USA, down to it's destination, and can be used by trucking the oil to the USA/Canadian border, with no Fed interference or approval necessary. It WILL happen one way or the other. More sane Americans will see to it. The entire project makes way too much sense, despite the lack of intelligence by the supposed 'smart' president who has shut it down. Anyone with a modicum of sense must realize this is PURELY POLITICAL...AND NOT WHAT'S GOOD FOR AMERICA!!!

UB

I'm pretty sure we will get the pipeline. What is wrong with doing due deligence and making sure it does not negativly effect folks?

menmon
01-26-2012, 03:01 PM
I don't think he is a Democrat or the issue was him siding with the Democrats.

He is a secular progressive (admittedly) and he bet against, I repeat AGAINST the USA.

Reprehensible to most Americans.
Evidently lauded by others.:cool:

Just sayin'.........

RK

Ok...his thinking lines up better with the democrats

How did he bet against America?

road kill
01-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Ok...his thinking lines up better with the democrats

How did he bet against America?

I think YOU are a Democrat.
I think Blackstone (who I miss) is a Democrat.

A lot of GREAT Americans were Democrats.

HHH
JFK
Adlai Stephenson
Harry S. Truman
Ann Richards

I didn't agree with them on much except America came first to them.
Half of that list couldn't even be Republicans now, they would be too conservative!!!;-)

Most donning that label today are anything but Democrats.

RK

menmon
01-26-2012, 03:24 PM
I think YOU are a Democrat.
I think Blackstone (who I miss) is a Democrat.

A lot of GREAT Americans were Democrats.

Most donning that label today are anything but Democrats.

HHH
JFK
Adlai Stephenson
Harry S. Truman
Ann Richards

I didn't agree with them on much except America came first to them.
Half of that list couldn't even be Republicans now, they would be too conservative!!!;-)

RK

RK...There are lots if things that democrat voters want that I do not support. The good news about our system is that there are checks and balances that keep these extreme or not good for the country things from becoming law.

Having said that there or rebublican ideals that I support and again the nut cases desires can't make it through either.

I'm progressive in my thinking and more open minded to many things. Progressive actions are good with caution (conservatism). This is why the two parties need to work together and stop always being the politican.

What did Buffet do against America?

Eric Johnson
01-26-2012, 03:35 PM

Naw. I wasn't saying a thing about Mr. Buffet. My point was that President Obama won't feel compelled to proceed since the BNSF carry the load....and help Mr. Buffet. I wouldn't expect Mr. Buffet to say, "Go ahead and sign it. We don't need the business."

Eric

Franco
01-26-2012, 03:42 PM
We just had U S Senator Mary Landreau(D) on our News/Talk radio station talking about this morning's news of opening the gulf to more drilling. She has fought tooth and nail for more gulf drilling and provided unwavering support for the Keystone Pipeline.

It was a false excitment on my part. Though they are opening new areas for possible future drilling to bids, there is no certainty that the Feds will issues any new drilling permits!

Which means the major oil producers will not be bidding on the new leases and will wait for a more friendly drilling administration.

Uncle Bill
01-26-2012, 05:14 PM
What did Buffet do against America?

You mean OTHER than pandering? What a can of crap he's been spewing lately, much like all the many other millionaires/billionaires...including Mr. Microsoft. They don't give a FRA about paying more taxes, but if they use this tact and appear to be on the side of the so called 'little guy', they eliminate all the OWS and SFN crowds slamming them for all that unfair wealth they're perceived as getting by ripping off the downtrodden.

If you can't see past the class envy being spewed by this regime, and how your other Oracle buddy is playing this game to their benefit, as well as his, you aren't opening your eyes as you want us to believe. You are being punked along with the rest of the Obamaite toadies.

UB