PDA

View Full Version : The Debate 1/26

Franco
01-26-2012, 09:17 PM
I thought this exchange was telling

When Newt Gingrich boasted that Congress balanced the budget four times when he was House Speaker, Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) pounced.
"I went back and looked at the record. The national debt during those four years actually went up about a trillion dollars. What he's talking about is he doesn't count the money he takes out of Social Security," Paul said. "So [neither] Reagan nor you had a truly balanced budget, because the national debt goes up and that's what we pay the interest on."
Gingrich responded: "Under the system that was used, we were $405 billion in balance."
At this point, the audience began to boo Gingrich.
"I agree with Ron. Let me finish," Gingrich said testily. "I actually agree with you and I have proposed that we take Social Security off budget."
The Paul campaign sent out a release moments later with the headline: "Another Fudged Fact By Newt: 'I balanced the budget.'"

I hadn't realized that Newt was one of the politicians that help raid Social Security to help fund out-of-control spending.

BonMallari
01-26-2012, 09:32 PM
I have only watched the debate once, but even I must admit, CNN/Wolf Blitzer didnt give Santorum or Ron Paul any equal time to answer the questions and they seemed to want to fuel the feud between Mitt and Newt even further, a very unbalanced debate

DaveHare
01-26-2012, 10:42 PM
I have only watched the debate once, but even I must admit, CNN/Wolf Blitzer didnt give Santorum or Ron Paul any equal time to answer the questions and they seemed to want to fuel the feud between Mitt and Newt even further, a very unbalanced debate

Bon, you know at this stage of the game it's all about Mitt and Newt!!!
Dave Hare

Franco
01-26-2012, 11:07 PM
Bon, you know at this stage of the game it's all about Mitt and Newt!!!
Dave Hare

That is what the mainstream media would want folks to believe. It ain't over till it is over and there is a lot more vetting that will get done!

How 'bout my boy RP? When asked about his age, he challenged the other candidates to a 25 mile bicycle race!

BonMallari
01-26-2012, 11:16 PM
That is what the mainstream media would want folks to believe. It ain't over till it is over and there is a lot more vetting that will get done!

have to agree with Franco on this one, Santorum and Ron Paul do a couple of things in the equation,they either expose or validate some of the charges made...I mean if Ron Paul hadnt called BS on Newt's claim that he balanced the budget then everyone would accept it as fact, Santorum keeps both Mitt and Newt honest so to speak, unfortunately there is only one debate scheduled in February

JDogger
01-26-2012, 11:19 PM
have to agree with Franco on this one, Santorum and Ron Paul do a couple of things in the equation,they either expose or validate some of the charges made...I mean if Ron Paul hadnt called BS on Newt's claim that he balanced the budget then everyone would accept it as fact, Santorum keeps both Mitt and Newt honest so to speak, unfortunately there is only one debate scheduled in February

Really? JD

BonMallari
01-26-2012, 11:33 PM
Really? JD

yup, here is the schedule

http://www.2012presidentialelectionnews.com/2012-debate-schedule/2011-2012-primary-debate-schedule/

DaveHare
01-26-2012, 11:46 PM
Franco I'm with you on Ron Paul!!thank God he is in the mix!! without him 95 percent of America would not have anything to talk about in this GOP debate!!Go RP Dave Hare

Franco
01-27-2012, 06:38 AM
Franco I'm with you on Ron Paul!!thank God he is in the mix!! without him 95 percent of America would not have anything to talk about in this GOP debate!!Go RP Dave Hare

I would include Fox News as being a part on the MSM!

Did you notice in the debate that RP got the loudest round of applause of the night when he suggested that we place our troops protecting the Pakistan/A'stan boarder along our southern boarder?

cpj
01-27-2012, 12:04 PM
Ron got his usual 13 minutes in the 2 hr. debate. The powers that be do not want his message to get out. He is very dangerous to the staus quo.
I don't know if i've mentioned this on this forum, has anyone seen the Fox News Channel's Christmas card this year? Google it. Sleigh's being pulled by sheep. Think about it.

Franco
01-27-2012, 08:30 PM
What, no discussion about Newt wanting to colonize Mars and RP suggesting we use big spending politicians as colonist?

charly_t
01-27-2012, 09:02 PM
What, no discussion about Newt wanting to colonize Mars and RP suggesting we use big spending politicians as colonist?

I liked RP's idea for Newt. I am sure that I can suggest a few others for that trip providing there will be no return trip for them, vbeg.

luvmylabs23139
01-28-2012, 08:53 AM

It was the moon not Mars but still a loony idea. Mitt Romney also blasted Newt by saying he would fire an employee who was pushing that issue.