PDA

View Full Version : Obama and his cronies...

Uncle Bill
01-27-2012, 05:38 PM
...continue to stick it to the nation, while pulling the wool over the eyes of the ignorant voters that fall on the sword for this loser. Yet another example of his pathetic acts as POTUS.

UB

George Soros Stands To Profit Mightily From Obama’s Natural Gas Plans

Rob Port (http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/author/admin/) • January 27, 2012

Is it just me, or does it seem like every one of President Obama’s energy policies are carefully calculated to benefit his cronies? His “green jobs” stimulus loans (see: Solyndra) have gone to his cronies. When Obama nixed the Keystone XL pipeline that mean oil from North Dakota’s Bakken shale oil boom would have to rely more heavily on rail transport from providers like Burlington Northern which Warren Buffett’s company just bought (http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/shocker-obama-crony-warren-buffet-stands-to-profit-mightily-from-keystone-pipeline-delay/).

Now it turns out that Barack Obama’s new natural gas program is set to put a lot of money in George Soros’ pocket:
George Soros, a billionaire investor and major backer of President Obama, stands to reap a windfall from legislation promoting natural gas-powered vehicles. The White House unveiled a proposal on Thursday that would do just that.

The proposal would offer incentives for companies to buy and use trucks powered by natural gas. Obama announced the effort at a UPS facility in Las Vegas that received stimulus funding to buy natural gas vehicles and build a fueling station for them.

The proposal is remarkably similar to the New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions (NAT GAS) Act.

One company that stands to benefit handsomely from the president’s proposal is Westport Innovations. The company converts diesel engines to be fueled by natural gas. Wall Street analysts predicted a boom for the company if the NAT GAS Act were passed. …

If Westport reaps the predicted windfall, one of the chief beneficiaries will be George Soros, a major Obama donor and supporter. Soros’s hedge fund holds 3,160,063 company shares (as of its last SEC filing).
All just a coincidence, I’m sure.

Uncle Bill
01-27-2012, 05:43 PM
If that doesn't 'chap your arse', mebbe this will: UB

Darkness continues to cover the land with the abominable decisions being made…

The Solar thing just got a little more interesting.......REALLY!

The Tonopah Solar company in Harry Reid's Nevada is getting a $737 million loan from Obama's DOE.

The project will produce a 110 megawatt power system and employ 45 permanent workers.

That's costing taxpayers , that is half of us, just $16 million per job.

One of the investment partners in this endeavor is Pacific Corporate Group (PCG).

The PCG executive director is Ron Pelosi, who is the brother to Nancy's husband.

He is the uncle of California 's Lt. Governor Calvin Newsome.

Don't ask any questions, just move along folks...nuthin' crooked goin'

on here.

1tulip
01-29-2012, 11:34 PM
www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=49036

And it's just the wildest coincidence that all that oil that can't be sent via a non-existent Keystone Pipeline will need to be transported on Warren Buffet's trains.

Crazy how this stuff happens, isn't it?

menmon
01-30-2012, 10:44 AM
I assure you there is no association with Buffet's railroad company and the pipeline project, nor Soros's investments in natuarl gas. I didn't hear it but this sounds like Beck rheteric:rolleyes:

These guys like to make vilians out of successful people that don't vote the same way they do. I have investments in natural gas, not because I got a call from the president, but because it is an obvious good play in the future:D

Now I voted for Obama and will again, so make me a vilian too:cool:

Why can't people disagree about politics without the republicans saying they are non-american and countless other names?

M&K's Retrievers
01-30-2012, 11:16 AM

OK. Poof! Your a villain.

Snidely Whiplash regards,

HPL
01-30-2012, 11:28 AM
A villain? Probably not. Un-American? I doubt it. Much more likely just a dupe.

Buzz
01-30-2012, 11:34 AM
I have money invested in natural gas too. I also have quite a bit in Exxon Mobile. I find it hard to believe that because a liberal might make money off of natural gas, now that's a bad idea too.

Hasn't Franco made quite a few comments about wanting a truck that runs on NG? Franco is throwing in with the libs...

huntinman
01-30-2012, 11:45 AM
I have money invested in natural gas too. I also have quite a bit in Exxon Mobile. I find it hard to believe that because a liberal might make money off of natural gas, now that's a bad idea too.

Hasn't Franco made quite a few comments about wanting a truck that runs on NG? Franco is throwing in with the libs...

Doesn't make it a bad idea... or make libs that invest in oil or gas a villian. It just makes libs that back Obama doing everything he can to kill the industry... Hypocrites.

M&K's Retrievers
01-30-2012, 12:07 PM

As do I. How are those checks looking? Going to drill any more at these prices? The AFEs have been few and far between lately but we and I suspect most others have been passing. With NG at below $6, the pay out is far too long for my liking. At $2.76, forget it.

Uncle Bill
01-30-2012, 12:29 PM
I assure you there is no association with Buffet's railroad company and the pipeline project, nor Soros's investments in natuarl gas. I didn't hear it but this sounds like Beck rheteric:rolleyes:

These guys like to make vilians out of successful people that don't vote the same way they do. I have investments in natural gas, not because I got a call from the president, but because it is an obvious good play in the future:D

Why can't people disagree about politics without the republicans saying they are non-american and countless other names?

Excuse me, but as an individual receiving the fruits of a great nation, and doesn't even have the respect or intelligence to capitalize "American", is to be pitied. In fact, as to the self-designation of you being a vilian (sp), the 3rd definition in your case, is as exacting an explanation for what you are as Webster can describe..."someone or something regarded as the cause of the problem...." Pretty much fits you perfectly. Just let me add:

The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but the citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency.
It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency, than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president.
The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us.
Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.
The republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those that made him their President.

UB

road kill
01-30-2012, 12:34 PM

There is all you need to know, right there.

FWIW---I am offended by this egregious error.

RK

menmon
01-30-2012, 02:06 PM
There is all you need to know, right there.

FWIW---I am offended by this egregious error.

RK

I thought I had been excused on my english skills;-)

menmon
01-30-2012, 02:11 PM
Excuse me, but as an individual receiving the fruits of a great nation, and doesn't even have the respect or intelligence to capitalize "American", is to be pitied. In fact, as to the self-designation of you being a vilian (sp), the 3rd definition in your case, is as exacting an explanation for what you are as Webster can describe..."someone or something regarded as the cause of the problem...." Pretty much fits you perfectly. Just let me add:

The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but the citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency.
It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency, than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president.
The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us.
Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.
The republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those that made him their President.

UB

Has the thought that your thinking might be wrong ever come to mind?

You guys have said many times you don't want the government's help.

Well many of us don't think your vision is correct either.

And if you think for a minute these idiots trying to win the nomination for president are up for the task, you have your head in the sand.

menmon
01-30-2012, 02:13 PM
As do I. How are those checks looking? Going to drill any more at these prices? The AFEs have been few and far between lately but we and I suspect most others have been passing. With NG at below $6, the pay out is far too long for my liking. At $2.76, forget it.

More short term thinking.....NG will payoff in years to come.

Buzz
01-30-2012, 02:45 PM
More short term thinking.....NG will payoff in years to come.

Hey, I'm doing better on dividends than I could do ANYWHERE else with that money! :p

menmon
01-30-2012, 03:07 PM
Hey, I'm doing better on dividends than I could do ANYWHERE else with that money! :p

That's the trade right now...dividend paying stocks

Franco
01-30-2012, 03:23 PM
There are probably not too many major investors that aren't holding energy stocks. I would suspect that even Nancy Pelosi owns stock in energy companies.

Soros and Buffet have long invested in energy. Way before Glenn Beck ever became sober.