PDA

View Full Version : Sincere Question for Ron Paul Supporters

1tulip
01-29-2012, 09:24 PM
When it all gets decided, and we finally have a candidate... if it's not the one you prefer... will you get in the game with your time, money and enthusiasm and work to get oust the current President?

In our state, you all are about 20-25% of the activists, the ones who volunteer, man the phone banks and do all the things necessary to get out the vote. Here, the Republican party is swamped by the money that the Dems (via Senator Reid) can put forth to pay for out-of-state "volunteers". The fraud in Clark County (Las Vegas) is unbelievable.

Without the Ron Paul contingent, Nevada will remain solidly in Blue territory. In spite of the fact that we have suffered the most from President Obama's perfidy (highest unemployment. Highest number of foreclosures. A President that warns corporations NOT to hold conventions in our State)... he will get our electoral votes.

Is that OK with you? Or will you (if Dr. Paul doesn't prevail) help us defeat the Democrats this year?

Where will you stand when the country needs you?

Gerry Clinchy
01-29-2012, 11:30 PM
If Ron Paul does not prevail to become nominee, I doubt he could give much personal enthusiasm to supporting Romney. However, he might be able to "deal with" Gingrich or Santorum, who both have first-hand experience to respect Paul's integrity and fiscal responsibility, even though they may differ on some other issues. If Paul could do that, then it could mean his supporters would come out to vote.

cpj
01-30-2012, 05:34 AM
As a Ron Paul supporter, I will either vote for him as the nominated candidate or write him in. He is the only true conservative running. He is the only candidate who knows the offices' constitutional role and will abide by it. Neo-conservatism has destroyed the Republican party.

cpj
01-30-2012, 05:44 AM
RP spoke in Maine this weekend to a crowd of 1000 people. The event organizers anticipated 300.

Hew
01-30-2012, 06:03 AM
As a Ron Paul supporter, I will either vote for him as the nominated candidate or write him in. He is the only true conservative running. He is the only candidate who knows the offices' constitutional role and will abide by it. Neo-conservatism has destroyed the Republican party.
And that's why I hope Paul doesn't even get to lead the Pledge of Allegiance backstage after the opening night of the convention for the volunteer Boy Scouts picking up trash in the arena. Let him put on his shadow convention down the street just like he did in 08, but don't give him a second of camera time. He's never going to be a team player anyway so why kowtow to him (or his supporters). Screw 'em. Besides, he attracts almost as many smelly hippy Obama voters from the left as he does disgruntled old white guys from the right.

Franco
01-30-2012, 06:16 AM
And that's why I hope Paul doesn't even get to lead the Pledge of Allegiance backstage after the opening night of the convention for the volunteer Boy Scouts picking up trash in the arena. Let him put on his shadow convention down the street just like he did in 08, but don't give him a second of camera time. He's never going to be a team player anyway so why kowtow to him (or his supporters). Screw 'em. Besides, he attracts almost as many smelly hippy Obama voters from the left as he does disgruntled old white guys from the right.

Why should he be a team player and support big spending, bigger government, war hawking Repubs who want to limit one's Liberty?

I could possibly vote for Rmoney. No way could I vote for Newt. Especially after learning he was involved with raiding SS to balance the budget. Plus, he has proven over and over that he will say and do anyhting for more power. He can't be trusted. He is running to further is own political career and not to serve. I think Newt would be a very dangerous President.

I'd write RP in before voting for someone else. RP is the only one that has articulated solutions! That is why he has the support he does and if he doesn't win, we might as well kiss The Constitution goodbye.

Hew
01-30-2012, 06:26 AM
Why should he be a team player and support big spending, bigger government, war hawking Repubs who want to limit one's Liberty?
If he was perceived as a team player he and his supporters would be allowed significant input in the Party's platform and would be given significant input in the convention. Would he get everything he wanted? Of course not, but in the real world that is rarely the case (as opposed to the all-or-nothing fantasy land that Paul and many of the Paulbots live in). So ultimately Paul does his/your/our cause a disservice because he won't participate in the process and would rather just petulantly throw bricks through windows.

Franco
01-30-2012, 06:36 AM
If he was perceived as a team player he and his supporters would be allowed significant input in the Party's platform and would be given significant input in the convention. Would he get everything he wanted? Of course not, but in the real world that is rarely the case (as opposed to the all-or-nothing fantasy land that Paul and many of the Paulbots live in). So ultimately Paul does his/your/our cause a disservice because he won't participate in the process and would rather just petulantly throw bricks through windows.

What RP has shown is just how dysfunctional the GOP has become! I for one am glad is he not a team player or a part of that team. THe GOP has been moving towards obsecurity and could be the nations 3rd party by the 2016 election! In case you haven't noticed, there is a revolution going on and I'm not talking about the Tea Party. The Tea Party has shown their hypocracy by supporting Newt, a big government type. Newt's ideals flys in the face of what the Tea Party was suppose to be about. The revolution is the Libertarian Party, the nations fastest grown political movement. A party which has smaller government, less spending and personal Liberty at its core will not be denied.

Hew
01-30-2012, 06:54 AM
THe GOP has been moving towards obsecurity and could be the nations 3rd party by the 2016 election! In case you haven't noticed, there is a revolution going on and I'm not talking about the Tea Party.
That's kinda what I was referring to when I mentioned the fantasy world that Paul and Paulbots reside. The Libertarian Party presidential candidate has consistantly won less than one half of one percent of the vote in every election and you think there's a good chance that in four years it's going to supplant the GOP. Really?

Franco
01-30-2012, 07:04 AM
RP is a Libertarian with 18 to 25 percent support nationally. He is runnning as a Repub because we have a two party system.

It is obvious to many that the GOP is dysfuntional. That party hasn't had a leader with any real vision in decades! They can't even find anyone that can rally huge support because they are so out of touch.

They will pass just as the Terradactal has!

It is time to return to the basics, that being The Constitution!

huntinman
01-30-2012, 07:33 AM
Pass the munchies!:rolleyes:

Franco
01-30-2012, 08:14 AM
When it all gets decided, and we finally have a candidate... if it's not the one you prefer... will you get in the game with your time, money and enthusiasm and work to get oust the current President?

In our state, you all are about 20-25% of the activists, the ones who volunteer, man the phone banks and do all the things necessary to get out the vote. Here, the Republican party is swamped by the money that the Dems (via Senator Reid) can put forth to pay for out-of-state "volunteers". The fraud in Clark County (Las Vegas) is unbelievable.

Without the Ron Paul contingent, Nevada will remain solidly in Blue territory. In spite of the fact that we have suffered the most from President Obama's perfidy (highest unemployment. Highest number of foreclosures. A President that warns corporations NOT to hold conventions in our State)... he will get our electoral votes.

Is that OK with you? Or will you (if Dr. Paul doesn't prevail) help us defeat the Democrats this year?

I will stand with The Constitution, the document that is ignored by both the Dems and Repubs! The solutions to our problems lay within this document. Too bad both parties are so willing to ignore it.

Both the Dems and Repubs will bring this country to its knees with the way they both love debt.

dixidawg
01-30-2012, 08:17 AM

I will stand with The Constitution, the document that is ignored by both the Dems and Repubs!

Both the Dems and Repubs will bring this country to its knees with the way they both love debt.

And don't you believe that an "R" president would be much more likely to appoint SCOTUS that would uphold the constitution?

Very likely that several appoints will be made before 2016. Do you want Obama to be making those appointments or "ANYONE" else?

SCOTUS, the gift that keeps on giving....

road kill
01-30-2012, 08:20 AM

I will stand with The Constitution, the document that is ignored by both the Dems and Repubs! The solutions to our problems lay within this document. Too bad both parties are so willing to ignore it.

How is this not the fear mongering that you accuse the far right of???

Just askin'........

RK

Franco
01-30-2012, 08:29 AM
How is this not the fear mongering that you accuse the far right of???

Just askin'........

RK

Because over 15 TRILLION in national debt created by both parties is real and not the boogieman(Iran) that the Repubs love to scare folks with!

Franco
01-30-2012, 08:34 AM
[quote=Franco;915020]

And don't you believe that an "R" president would be much more likely to appoint SCOTUS that would uphold the constitution?

Very likely that several appoints will be made before 2016. Do you want Obama to be making those appointments or "ANYONE" else?

SCOTUS, the gift that keeps on giving....

No. The Repubs have shown just as much distain for The Constitution as the Dems.

dixidawg
01-30-2012, 08:35 AM
Right. There is no difference between Alito/Roberts and Kagan/Sotomayor.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Franco
01-30-2012, 08:57 AM
Right. There is no difference between Alito/Roberts and Kagan/Sotomayor.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

They represent different sides of the political debate. I personally lean more towards traditional Conservatism, however it does not mean that one side or the other are strict Constitutionalist.

dixidawg
01-30-2012, 09:28 AM
That doesn't answer the question.

You said:

"I will stand with The Constitution, the document that is ignored by both the Dems and Repubs! The solutions to our problems lay within this document. Too bad both parties are so willing to ignore it. "

Which would be more likely to appoint SCOTUS that would uphold the Constitution.

1tulip
01-30-2012, 10:06 AM
I want to be a good POTUS poster and not make waves. I wouldn't ask of Paul supporters, anything I wouldn't ask of Republicans or Independents.

Don't throw your vote away in the general. This shows your contempt for the Constitution not the other way around. May I suggest that anyone who believes their candidate is not flawed is a fool. They all are. But none of them are an existential threat to our Constitutional freedoms like the current occupant of the White House.

And may I suggest to everyone that we have got to go all in on defeating Obama. Those of you in swing states... get into your county headquarters and find out how you can make a difference. Take the week before November 6th off and help get out the vote. Cause if we lose, anything your work for after the election is just going to be part of a Democrat redistributionist slush fund. Donate as much $$$ as you can to an organization (party or otherwise) committed to defeating the incumbents.

And... could you explain to me again how trashing your vote and sitting on your hands in November shows your love for the Constitution?

Unbelievable.

M&K's Retrievers
01-30-2012, 10:22 AM
As a Ron Paul supporter, I will either vote for him as the nominated candidate or write him in......

I'd write RP in before voting for someone else. RP is the only one that has articulated solutions! That is why he has the support he does and if he doesn't win, we might as well kiss The Constitution goodbye.

Why don't you two just go ahead and vote for Obama or just not bother to vote at all?

1tulip
01-30-2012, 10:22 AM
Just another thought. Really feel sorry for you conservatives in CA. No one will ever hear your voice again. You are so scr*wed. Please move to NV where you'll have no income taxes and you can help us make this a Red State again.

You're welcomed here and you can make a difference. (And I'll show you where the best training sites are and even throw birds for you!)

Gerry Clinchy
01-30-2012, 10:39 AM
Am I reading this right? Many RP supporters would rather have another 4 years of Obama than anyone else at all?

If anyone really believes that Obama has done a poor job, O's re-election could only seem like an endorsement of what he has done in his first term. Can you imagine the hay that Obama & the Ds will make of that?

If RP doesn't get the nomination, any vote for him is effectively taking votes from whomever might have the best chance of defeating Obama.

For those who would like to see RP's platform advance, re-electing Obama would certainly not help in the least. Maybe, even if a long shot, with an R POTUS the party might actually give some serious consideration to RP's proposals.

So, net result, better to help Obama win than to help Obama lose? It's like having your voting booth slate show two choices: 1) Obama; 2) Nobody else

I could vote for RP, even though I may disagree on some points. The more I see of Romney, the less I like him. I'm not sold on Newt or Santorum.

Franco
01-30-2012, 12:38 PM
I want to be a good POTUS poster and not make waves. I wouldn't ask of Paul supporters, anything I wouldn't ask of Republicans or Independents.

Don't throw your vote away in the general. This shows your contempt for the Constitution not the other way around. May I suggest that anyone who believes their candidate is not flawed is a fool. They all are. But none of them are an existential threat to our Constitutional freedoms like the current occupant of the White House.

And may I suggest to everyone that we have got to go all in on defeating Obama. Those of you in swing states... get into your county headquarters and find out how you can make a difference. Take the week before November 6th off and help get out the vote. Cause if we lose, anything your work for after the election is just going to be part of a Democrat redistributionist slush fund. Donate as much $$$ as you can to an organization (party or otherwise) committed to defeating the incumbents.

And... could you explain to me again how trashing your vote and sitting on your hands in November shows your love for the Constitution?

Unbelievable.

Writing in RP or voting third party is not throwing a vote away. How can you speak of thowing away Constitutional Freedoms when freedom has been assaulted more from the right than the left in this country?

I don't like Obama and I know my candidate is not perfect but to think that only the left is attacking our Liberty is false.

Bush left us with nearly 9 TRILLION in debt and Obama has nearly doubled that. Yet, NONE of the candidates but one, has addressed the debt with any seriousness and plan. If we don't get our debt under control all the other issues won't matter because we will have lost the last remaining freedoms that we have.

cpj
01-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Franco, until they accept the fact the people they voted for are as guilty as the dems for all of our countries problems nothing you or I say will matter. I've listened to Mike Church on Sirius XM for over a year now I realized months ago I thought and acted like a neo-con too. I've taken the founder's red pill and won't be part of thr problem anymore.

Franco
01-30-2012, 02:16 PM
Franco, until they accept the fact the people they voted for are as guilty as the dems for all of our countries problems nothing you or I say will matter. I've listened to Mike Church on Sirius XM for over a year now I realized months ago I thought and acted like a neo-con too. I've taken the founder's red pill and won't be part of thr problem anymore.

I too was a Neocon until I opened my eyes and ears! To place blame on one party is to ignore reality. And, to think that electing the same type of politicians will usher in any meaningful change is folly.

Things are going to change drastically because we can not ignore the pending collapse of the dollar and our economy. Entitlments are killing us and folks think Newt or Rmoney will fix it? They haven't a clue! Just hoping that our problems will go away is not the answer. Rmoney and Newt represent the failed policies of the past and present. I'd much rather be proactive and get someone in office that understands why we are in the financial situation we are in and has a workable plan to get us out of this mess.

cpj
01-30-2012, 03:20 PM
Yep!! Read a blog today that said John Williams of Shadow Stats was predicting hyperinflation in 2018 but has moved his forecast up to 2014. Don't know how accurate he is but a lot of people apparently follow him.

Franco
01-30-2012, 03:48 PM
Yep!! Read a blog today that said John Williams of Shadow Stats was predicting hyperinflation in 2018 but has moved his forecast up to 2014. Don't know how accurate he is but a lot of people apparently follow him.

In today's Personal Liberty with Bob Livingston
http://www.personalliberty.com/conservative-politics/the-next-few-years/

There is no hiding from our financial woes. Ignoring them as many Neocons and Liberals do won't make it go away! Nor will token cuts which have been used over the last two years in an attempt to make it look like our politicians are actually doing something about it!

Here's more from Combat Veterans for Rob Paul...

"Because if we don't elect Ron Paul, there may be nothing to defend"!
http://cvrp2012.com/2012/01/08/the-ron-paul-effect-2/

Gerry Clinchy
01-30-2012, 07:38 PM
To place blame on one party is to ignore reality. And, to think that electing the same type of politicians will usher in any meaningful change is folly.

The way to make that point would be to make sure an R gets elected, and if it is not RP, then it will prove the lack of difference between parties.

If O gets re-elected, the R's will then be able to blame the D's when 2016 rolls around. Then wait another 4 years to make the point ... while, of course, during the first two of those years they get to blame it on O (just like O blamed it on Bush).

So, in the interest of expediting the information ... if RP isn't the R nominee, it makes some sense to remove the D's and prove that the R's are no different.

Maybe, God willing, RP would have some influence with an R administration?