PDA

View Full Version : Webcast Rant

Jason Glavich
01-31-2012, 09:06 AM
I watched part of the webcast, and a few of the questions made me have a sick feeling in my stomach.

When someone asks questions like, how are you going to fix my situation it gets under my skin. I know jobs are scarce in many areas, but in others they are not. I know it may not be your dream job but a paycheck is a paycheck. Never in my life have I been taught that other people will take care of progressing my career. On that note sometimes people need to realize that not everyone gets to be an Astronaut, the world will always need laborers, or burger flippers etc. This sense of entitlement is beyond my understanding. I work behind a desk, it is a far difference than when i was in the Corps. Hip injuries have made this a better job for me. But if tommorrow I have to change job courses I will do so and take responsibility for my life and not expect the Government to find a job for me.

Why can't I find a job as a Nuclear Scientist in my town of 150 people? Move to a better area for your career field.
Why can't I find a job that pays me to play video games? Maybe with some school you can.
Why isn't the Government bailing out the company I worked for so I can go back to work? 2 answers possible, 1st you weren't part of the UAW or Banking Industry, Or Stop relying on the Government to bail you out of every situation.

We have beat this sense of the gov taking care of everyone into people heads. That is why we are not a technology leader anymore. That is why we ship factory jobs overseas. No one thinks 10 buck an hour to sort bolts is good pay anymore. It is not great but pay is reflected by the job. I know I grew up with parents who made avg incomes for our area of factories and newspaper routes, or managing a gas stations. They took jobs that would pay the bills and put food on the table! Why? Because they had to take care of their family!!!!!!

People need to start holding themselves accountable again!
People need to stop thinking welfare is the answer!
People need to understand that the Government promises way more than it can ever do!

In the end it is all about self reliance. This rant is over for the moment. Got a little lost in my own words for a moment, so if it doesnt flow right I apologize.

road kill
01-31-2012, 09:51 AM
I watched part of the webcast, and a few of the questions made me have a sick feeling in my stomach.

When someone asks questions like, how are you going to fix my situation it gets under my skin. I know jobs are scarce in many areas, but in others they are not. I know it may not be your dream job but a paycheck is a paycheck. Never in my life have I been taught that other people will take care of progressing my career. On that note sometimes people need to realize that not everyone gets to be an Astronaut, the world will always need laborers, or burger flippers etc. This sense of entitlement is beyond my understanding. I work behind a desk, it is a far difference than when i was in the Corps. Hip injuries have made this a better job for me. But if tommorrow I have to change job courses I will do so and take responsibility for my life and not expect the Government to find a job for me.

Why can't I find a job as a Nuclear Scientist in my town of 150 people? Move to a better area for your career field.
Why can't I find a job that pays me to play video games? Maybe with some school you can.
Why isn't the Government bailing out the company I worked for so I can go back to work? 2 answers possible, 1st you weren't part of the UAW or Banking Industry, Or Stop relying on the Government to bail you out of every situation.

We have beat this sense of the gov taking care of everyone into people heads. That is why we are not a technology leader anymore. That is why we ship factory jobs overseas. No one thinks 10 buck an hour to sort bolts is good pay anymore. It is not great but pay is reflected by the job. I know I grew up with parents who made avg incomes for our area of factories and newspaper routes, or managing a gas stations. They took jobs that would pay the bills and put food on the table! Why? Because they had to take care of their family!!!!!!

People need to start holding themselves accountable again!
People need to stop thinking welfare is the answer!
People need to understand that the Government promises way more than it can ever do!

In the end it is all about self reliance. This rant is over for the moment. Got a little lost in my own words for a moment, so if it doesnt flow right I apologize.

"I am from the government, I am here to help!!"

There is your problem.............leave us alone!!!:-x

RK