PDA

View Full Version : We need more participants for HT seminar

Marsh Collie
02-06-2012, 08:41 AM
Del Bay Retriever Club is sponsering a Hunting Test Judges Seminar on 2/25/12. We do not have enough participants yet and AKC will cancel if we don't get at least 20-we only have 12.These seminars are very informative and are for anyone interested in HT- you do not have to be a judge. For more info e-mail me at dndnds@verizon.net

Angie B
02-06-2012, 08:52 AM
I don't think AKC will cancel. They charge a flat rate,, you pay it regardless of how many participants you get. That just don't put it that way.

Angie

Zman1001
02-06-2012, 07:47 PM
Actually, they will cancel, even though it is a flat rate. Not sure why. We almost ran into this last year.

With the change in rules, they do not make it easy to become a judge. Three different clubs along East Coast canceled their seminar last year because they could not get required 20.

Dave Kress
02-07-2012, 08:53 AM
Black warrior is having the same issue with low turnout for the advanced seminar set for Feb. 18- 19. If don't have 30 signed up by the evening of feb 8 the akc will cancel the seminar. Hoping we can add 17 more in 2 days.
Dave Kress

Angie B
02-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Geeze,,, we didn't have that happen to us last year in January. We didn't make the 40 head count requirement but they came out anyway and we paid them what they asked. That's not right. How is the sport suppose to grow the judges pool??? Ridiculous!

That's a shame... I'm sorry to hear this.

Angie