PDA

View Full Version : footgear

prairiewind
02-07-2012, 02:40 PM
Any suggestions on footwear for training and walking long distances. Currently wearing danners, train and guide in them, looking for a light weight boot or shoe, non insulated, preferred.

duke
02-07-2012, 04:58 PM
Between my wife and I, we have 5 pairs of Russells. You pay alittle bit for them, but I've been wearing my south 40 birdshooters for 4 years now going after grouse, woodcock, pheasant, guiding other pheasant hunters and dog training in them. They still look great, don't leak and are as comfortable as a pair of slippers. When you do wear out the soles, they will resole them for around $40 I think. If you take care of them they should last 20 or more years. Another great point is you can get them made ANY way you want. Any sole, any leather, color, height, insulated, uninsulated, army studs, speed laces, on and on.

oldftdog
02-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Asolo. Look them up sierra trading has them onsale. Or merrels are ok. @

Hugoflats
02-08-2012, 10:26 PM
You are already wearing the best. Stick with the Danners.

prairiewind
02-09-2012, 10:02 AM
You are already wearing the best. Stick with the Danners.

Been wearing danners for 20 years and will continue, having an issue with planters faciotis{spelling} want something light with an air bed feel, if one exists.

Lee Nelson
02-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Been wearing danners for 20 years and will continue, having an issue with planters faciotis{spelling} want something light with an air bed feel, if one exists.

I'm having the same issue with my feet. A buddy recommended Georgia Flexfit Comfort Core boots. These boots saved me. They really eased the pain and were very comfortable to wear, not to mention light and durable. Changed my life.

Hugoflats
02-09-2012, 09:46 PM
I have had it too from running and now use Mizuno running shoes. Main thing is to get a boot with a stiff midsole. You need to try to immobilize the flex in your arch so the tendon that connects to the front of your heel doesn't get stretched with each step.

Jim Danis
02-10-2012, 08:02 AM
I bought a pair of Under Armor Speed Freaks about 6 months ago and love them. They are very light weight and waterproof. They weigh right at 2 lbs. So far they are very sturdy and have handled everything I've put them through very well.

northstorm
02-12-2012, 07:31 PM
love my danner proghorns.
nice and lightwieght.
if I am in wet conditions then I like my lacross alphas