PDA

View Full Version : Minimum Wage

Marvin S
02-07-2012, 05:54 PM
So R-Money weighs in on the minimum wage saying it should be indexed to inflation - How many young folks is that keeping from learning necessary job skills?

& Yes Franco, I agree with RP that there should not be a minimum wage :-P.

Franco
02-07-2012, 08:05 PM
So R-Money weighs in on the minimum wage saying it should be indexed to inflation - How many young folks is that keeping from learning necessary job skills?

& Yes Franco, I agree with RP that there should not be a minimum wage :-P.

Marv, I can't express to you how delighted I am that you are beginning to see the light:) As you may know, your state supports RP above all the other candidates.

Wages should never be determined artificially by a big wasteful government run by politicians pandering to the lowest common denominator.

In a free society, wages are determined by worth.

Jim Danis
02-08-2012, 07:12 AM
Marv, I can't express to you how delighted I am that you are beginning to see the light:) As you may know, your state supports RP above all the other candidates.

Wages should never be determined artificially by a big wasteful government run by politicians pandering to the lowest common denominator.

I can't agree with this more!! Great way of putting it.

Cody Covey
02-08-2012, 10:31 AM

You are on drugs or know nothing of this state. Ron Paul would not win here and "we" don't really get a vote anyway. This state will vote for Obama.

Marvin S
02-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Marv, I can't express to you how delighted I am that you are beginning to see the light:)

Franco - FYI - I was who I am long before you were born or R-Pinochio was out of training diapers. I'd really like to believe myself capable of comprehending most of what I read, which is a lot, & logical enough that I can figure things out for myself. Government at all levels is more intrusive than necessary & has been for all my life, which has been a lot longer than your idol. R-Pinochio would not make a decent pimple on Goldwater's behind ;-).

Your guy is a crotchety old person who didn't make an issue of some inflammatory newsletter, believes he is some kind of royalty, espouses things that will not happen in our lifetimes & sits back saying "I told you so" while accomplishing absolutely nothing. If he were true to his beliefs he would have ran as an L, but could not resist the money he could make as an R :(.

Matt McKenzie
02-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Anyone who has taken a basic economics course and understands supply and demand can see that setting a false floor to labor prices is idiotic. But like most things political, it's just another tool to allow politicians to purchase votes.

Gerry Clinchy
02-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Nobody listened to Milton Friedman's thoughts on minimum wage ... but now some are reconsidering his views.

Franco
02-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Was it Uncle Miltie that said Minimum Wage actually keeps wages down?

I know that hiring folks and using Minimum Wage helps give the employer more leverage when hiring.

Gerry Clinchy
02-08-2012, 08:33 PM
He had a chapter in "Free To Choose" devoted to minimum wage discussion. I remember having a light-bulb moment when I read it.