PDA

View Full Version : Primaries 2/7

Franco
02-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Santorum, a big winner in Mo. Then Rmoney followed by Dr Paul. No Newt option.

Mn. Santorum, Dr Paul then Rmoney followed by Newt.

Co. to early to be determine with 1% of the vote.

Personally, I'd like to see the debate down to three candidates; Rmoney, Santorum and Dr Paul.

Newt's campaign has been less than inspiring!

Gerry Clinchy
02-08-2012, 09:05 AM
Did anyone expect Santorum to trounce Romney this soundly ... in all 3 of these states? I don't recall any polls predicting this.

Franco
02-08-2012, 08:04 PM
Did anyone expect Santorum to trounce Romney this soundly ... in all 3 of these states? I don't recall any polls predicting this.

I certainly didn't expect it. Small turnout of voters? He is the obvious choice of practicing Catholics and Evangelicals.

Gerry Clinchy
02-08-2012, 08:08 PM
I get the impression that NOBODY expected Santorum to sweep all three. Casts doubt on whether Romney's nomination is inevitable.

Franco
02-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Rmoney is going to have a tough battle to the nomination. The attacks on him have been relentless. If he can handle that pressure, I would expect him to get the nomination. Lets see what we get in a few weeks with a larger sample.

The campaign between Rmoney and Newt has been brutal and has hurt them both. I would suspect that most are tired of watching all the mudslinging. Santorum is an alternative and he appeals to an audience that is motivated to vote.