PDA

View Full Version : Times change Kodak

duk4me
02-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Wow, Kodak has stopped making cameras. As the newsman said "The Kodak moment is over." Kind of sad.

Franco
02-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Damn, now I won't be able to get that Kodak Brownie camera I've always wanted.;-)

When it comes to photgraphy, I'll still take a print from 35mm or 2.25mm film over digital!

Becky Mills
02-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Yes it is sad. Kodachrome 64 had the truest colors. I used a ton of it before I swapped to Fujichrome cause that's what editors liked. But I have to say my life is a whole lot easier now that I've gone digital.

Franco
02-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Yes it is sad. Kodachrome 64 had the truest colors. I used a ton of it before I swapped to Fujichrome cause that's what editors liked. But I have to say my life is a whole lot easier now that I've gone digital.

I use to love shooting Echtacrome slides on my warhorse Nikon Sport.

Life is easier in the digital age. More important than the film brand in the quality of a photo is the capacity of the lens. Lens built for digital cameras are as good as SLR(single lens reflect) lens.

Paul Simon's "Kodacrome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZpaNJqF4po

HPL
02-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Really? Just seems to have complicated mine. I don't particularly like the post production stuff and it's a rare digital image that can stand up without it. I would MUCH rather be in the field shooting than in the office dealing with sharpening, spotting, color correcting, etc. When I shot velvia, the lab knew what the original looked like. Now it's anybody's guess. I have yet to get a print from a digital image that is as good as the best I got from velvia.

Becky Mills
02-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Ignorance is bliss - I leave the tinkering to the photo editors, I just cull out the obvious bad ones and let them pick out and play with the ones they want.
I had to send velvia to Phoenix for processing (we live in the country) and it took FOREVER. Sometimes two to three weeks or more. It made meeting deadlines a bear. Not to mention the cash outlay for film and mailers. Yep, my life is easier.
On the other hand, my spouse, who was an extremely talented and skilled nature/wildlife photographer, bought digital cameras but despised working on the computer so he quit. It is a shame. Besides the waste of talent it was a nice little second source of income for him.