PDA

View Full Version : Franco GDG

starjack
02-10-2012, 12:05 PM
The new swamp people show has started looks like its going to be a good one. What is the going price for gator? I will be in GA in march and want to try some

Dustin D
02-10-2012, 01:04 PM
I don't know of too many places that sell just Gator Meat. Most times it comes in a Seafood platter at a restaurant or something similar.

Here's a pic of our catch last year; I'm in the Tan Shirt.

From left to Right; 9'7", 10'4", 9'6", 9'8" and Hanging - 12' even with about 4 inches of his tail missing from fighting probably. He was about 60+ years old.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5360/gator1l.jpg

road kill
02-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Dustin, did you catch that thing with your bare hands???:shock:

RK

starjack
02-10-2012, 01:31 PM
That is pretty cool. They said on the show that the price is up about 30% What would a hunter get on market?

Dustin D
02-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Dustin, did you catch that thing with your bare hands???:shock:

RK

Well sort of.

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/1214/gator6.jpg

My brother yanked on him some too until he came to the surface where we could get a shot on him.

Once we got him on the bank some I went to put another bullet in his head. I had my pistol pointing almost straight down and when I pulled the trigger a piece of his skull ricocheted straight into my CROTCH!!! PAIN!!! I instantly thought it was the bullet and VERY quickly drop my drawers right there on the spot to inspect. LOL! No blood just a welp right on my BOYS! That's as polite as I can put it.

Anyway this Gator weighed so much we had to winch him out and park in a low spot so we could all help getting him in the back of a truck.

Sorry for the thread jack, StarJACK! lol

Dustin D
02-10-2012, 01:38 PM
That is pretty cool. They said on the show that the price is up about 30% What would a hunter get on market?

Well Last year for 8 foot 11 inches and under it was $19.75 per foot.
For 9 foot gators and up it was $25.00 per foot.

starjack
02-10-2012, 01:45 PM
Well sort of.

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/1214/gator6.jpg

My brother yanked on him some too until he came to the surface where we could get a shot on him.

Once we got him on the bank some I went to put another bullet in his head. I had my pistol pointing almost straight down and when I pulled the trigger a piece of his skull ricocheted straight into my CROTCH!!! PAIN!!! I instantly thought it was the bullet and VERY quickly drop my drawers right there on the spot to inspect. LOL! No blood just a welp right on my BOYS! That's as polite as I can put it.

Anyway this Gator weighed so much we had to winch him out and park in a low spot so we could all help getting him in the back of a truck.

Sorry for the thread jack, StarJACK! lol

Thats no problem cool picks . I thought they sold them buy the pound But i see its by the foot

Dustin D
02-10-2012, 02:15 PM
[/b]
Thats no problem cool picks . I thought they sold them buy the pound But i see its by the foot

We sell them to a sub-contractor by the foot. I think they skin them and sell the meat (by the lb) to another company.

All we have to do is show up with tagged Gators. They measure and pay by the inches.

:)

Raymond Little
02-10-2012, 02:18 PM
[/b]

Meat by the pound $7-$10
Skin by the foot, his #'s are probably on the hoof.

Hew
02-10-2012, 02:42 PM
I don't know of too many places that sell just Gator Meat. Most times it comes in a Seafood platter at a restaurant or something similar.

Here's a pic of our catch last year; I'm in the Tan Shirt.

From left to Right; 9'7", 10'4", 9'6", 9'8" and Hanging - 12' even with about 4 inches of his tail missing from fighting probably. He was about 60+ years old.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5360/gator1l.jpg

Wow. Nice lizards! But you're obviously not using the Swamp People measurement matrices. Swamp People sez your gators on the ground are 15+ feet and the hanging one is 20'6". His name is 'Ol Fussy Britches and he's so old he lost 4' off his tail fighting a Tyranosaurus Rex.

Dustin D
02-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Wow. Nice lizards! But you're obviously not using the Swamp People measurement matrices. Swamp People sez your gators on the ground are 15+ feet and the hanging one is 20'6". His name is 'Ol Fussy Britches and he's so old he lost 4' off his tail fighting a Tyranosaurus Rex.

:lol: I know exactly what you're talking about! :D

Franco
02-10-2012, 03:00 PM
How about last night when Liz and her friend caught that 13.5 footer! Had to laugh watching those two girls trying to get that 'tree shaker' in their boat.

For you S Looisiana guys, we have signed Liz, Junior, RJ and Jean Paul to make appearences at the Outdoor Expo this Summer at the Cajundome & Convention Center. Troy Landy cost us 3k last Summer. This year he wants 15k! We'll pass but that's what happens when one becomes the spokesperson for the La. Lottery.

Also on tap are the Duck Commanders and Blake Miquez of Top Shot.

Great new show on the Military Channel called, "Triggers". Awesome show and we are also trying to get Wil Willis show host and former Army Ranger to the event as well.

P S
Had some fried gator with sweet potatoe fries at Prejeans' the other day, cost $11.95

Dustin D
02-10-2012, 03:24 PM
What's the dates on the Expo Franco?

and if you don't mind me asking, who do you represent when you say we? :confused:

Just wondering

Gerry Clinchy
02-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Just curious, why would gator meat be so expensive, $7-$10/lb? Is there not much edible on each lizard? Is supply limited? (i.e. tags available for hunting them)

Franco
02-10-2012, 03:52 PM

and if you don't mind me asking, who do you represent when you say we? :confused:

Just wondering

Expo dates are July 27-29th.

"We" would be our 7 radio stations in Laffy and 5 station in Lake Chuck;-)
In Lake Chuck we have Kiss, The Gator99.5, Jamz107, 92.9 The Lake & Cajun

Gerry, lots of demand for the meat keeps the price up.

Raymond Little
02-10-2012, 07:38 PM

Just wondering

Don't let him fool ya, he's a morning DJ on a hip-hop station in Lafayette La.:p

Raymond Little
02-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Just curious, why would gator meat be so expensive, $7-$10/lb? Is there not much edible on each lizard? Is supply limited? (i.e. tags available for hunting them)

Supply and demand Gerry. There is a pretty good amount of meat on those larger gators but I prefer those in the 3' range since the tenderloin is much better.;)