PDA

View Full Version : (AR) Land for lease in Arkansas

Jstuart
02-13-2012, 01:50 AM
Anyone know of some good duck hunting land for lease in Arkansas? Me and some buddies are trying to find something good for next year.

Jeff Huntington
02-13-2012, 08:20 AM
Anyone know of some good duck hunting land for lease in Arkansas? Me and some buddies are trying to find something good for next year.

Optimal word will be good...and how much do you want to spend.

Check Southern Land Co. they sometimes have land for lease. Believe it or not, keep an eye on craigslist. Not sure if folks are advertising this time of year.

Good Luck

jeff

Mike W.
02-13-2012, 08:27 AM
What part of the state would work for you?

Joseph Kendrick
02-13-2012, 09:58 AM
I know of a couple of farms that are coming open. How much are you willing to spend?

Jstuart
02-13-2012, 11:25 AM
Well I live in Searcy and Camden (depends on time of year). Would be willing to lease land anywhere in the state. Price right now isnt a factor b/c it depends on what and where something is available. Im open to anything as of now. Id really like something with some green timber, but im open for a field on a farm. Anything yall know of will help!

Joseph Kendrick
02-13-2012, 12:22 PM
Bud, the first question is, how much are you willing to spend on a lease?

Jstuart
02-13-2012, 12:30 PM
we would be willing to pay up to $8,000 or so. I know it will probably be pretty hard to find something in that range.

Joseph Kendrick
02-13-2012, 01:59 PM
You should be able to find a single field for that now on how good it is gonna be will be a whole different story. Good luck with your search.

LESTER LANGLEY
02-13-2012, 11:43 PM
Good Green Timber for 8k= aint gonna happen. Should be able to find a field for that though. Buyer beware.....

Jstuart
02-14-2012, 01:48 AM
Good Green Timber for 8k= aint gonna happen. Should be able to find a field for that though. Buyer beware.....

Yea I know that.. I should have clarified. Me and some of my buddies are looking for something to lease below $8000... Me and my family are looking for some green timber to lease, also. For the land with my family we don't really have a set price as the most we will pay. Just depends on where and what kind of green timber is available.

Joseph Kendrick
02-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Good green timber is in the hands of people that aren't gonna let it go very easily. Most duck guides have the lock on the best leases. You can get on the waiting list behind 30 other groups, outbid them a whole bunch or just suck it up and buy the landowner out. Either way is gonna cost a whole bunch. Timber that was leasing for 15K ten years ago is going for 28-35K now. Another thing about timber is that you will probally have a down year that you cannot flood so the land can rest that you will be expected to pay for if you want to keep the lease for the following season.

RNTquackaholic
03-22-2012, 03:06 PM
There are some spots in NE Arkansas, I know of a timber spot that was going to be up for lease, but not to any guides. It's in a hot spot also, and there are no down years, they put boards in and flood it, if it don't rain full they pump it full. You will have water. Most years except this past year, you will have 6+ limits in 30 minutes day in and day out.
There are some fields in SE ark for lease and most are under 8k, there are a few for 3500 for a field with pit and water. They are pretty good spots, not stellar limits a day spots but if you hunt it a few days a week or give it some rest it is good.

wingman
04-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Wow Kinda pricey down there!

Chad Baker
04-03-2012, 04:18 PM
I used to hunt on some decent ground down near Greenwood MS I remember we were drinking with some local lawyers and talking about the prices of timber holes. The old lawyer looked at me and said "son the most expensive land in MS is good duck holes and high rises, then he said how many high rises have you seen in MS?????
Chad

Breck
06-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Well, not that far from Searcy, AR is RTF'er Gwen Jones in Hernando, MS. May turn up something pretty good?

DryFly
06-08-2012, 08:27 PM
The Arkansas Hunting Forum has a site dedicated to leases and clubs. I tried posting a link, but I can't do that until I've posted five times. This is my first post, so all I can do is tell you that their name is arkansashunting.net. If you google it you should be able to find it, then scroll down to the "Clubs and Leases" section.

good luck.

Boom-boom
07-31-2012, 11:45 PM
If you would like rice field in northeast Arkansas or southeast Missouri I can get you a lease.
Thanks

Mike W.
08-01-2012, 07:34 AM
I own a WRP piece of land in the SE Corner of Arkansas. Literally on the Oklahoma border. Big place, lots of blinds, food, etc.

Joseph Kendrick
08-08-2012, 05:08 PM
The SE corner?