PDA

View Full Version : shooting laptop computer

charly_t
02-15-2012, 02:59 PM
Okay....you young'uns who know how to find and post links.....where is the one for the dad shooting his daughter's laptop ? U-tube maybe ? I saw it on T.V. a few minutes ago ( loved it ).

mngundog
02-15-2012, 03:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl1ujzRidmU&feature=youtu.be

charly_t
02-15-2012, 03:18 PM
Thank you very much. I wanted to send it to family and friends.

Hew
02-15-2012, 05:20 PM
I support the guy's right to raise his child how he wants, but....

I hope I'm never that much of an a-hole to my children. Hopefully his daughter doesn't have a giant, mentally challenged friend who is handy with a sling blade. ;-)

Buzz
02-15-2012, 06:19 PM
I support the guy's right to raise his child how he wants, but....

I hope I'm never that much of an a-hole to my children. Hopefully his daughter doesn't have a giant, mentally challenged friend who is handy with a sling blade. ;-)

That looks like it must be one unhappy household for everyone who lives there.

JDogger
02-15-2012, 06:39 PM
Not to mention discharging a firearm into the ground at an angle towards a highway....

M&K's Retrievers
02-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Not to mention discharging a firearm into the ground at an angle towards a highway....

Come on, JD. They were hollow points. Wouldn't hurt a fly. :rolleyes:

Becky Mills
02-15-2012, 07:15 PM
What the kid did was wrong. And I have no idea what I'd do if she was my kid. But the fella scares me. After serving on Grand Jury this fall and hearing a handful of domestic violence cases, I have a bad feeling this one isn't going to have a happy ending.

charly_t
02-15-2012, 08:48 PM
I figured it was a made for U-tube video that was supposed to be funny. Was it a real situation ?

JDogger
02-15-2012, 08:57 PM
I figured it was a made for U-tube video that was supposed to be funny. Was it a real situation ?

Watch his right hand at about 5:30 or so, grind up that cigarette in his hand. Really Charlie, do you think it is a joke?
Who knows? A lot of wierd stuff on the internet...

...but send it Charlie...maybe he didn't have a buried gas line....
JD

luvmylabs23139
02-15-2012, 09:13 PM

It's real. It was in NC. A bunch of people complained to the police but were promptly informed that it happened in the county not the city no laws were broken. Had he lived within city limits he would have been in trouble for discharging a firearm within city limits.

JDogger
02-15-2012, 09:47 PM
It's real. It was in NC. A bunch of people complained to the police but were promptly informed that it happened in the county not the city no laws were broken. Had he lived within city limits he would have been in trouble for discharging a firearm within city limits.

Well then, that excuses stupid...right?

...and yeah, Becky, by my instructions from the DA on domestic violence when I sat on GJ last year...TRUE.

JD

charly_t
02-15-2012, 10:34 PM
Well...as I have explained before there is no way that I can get videos to work and there is no way for me to watch. Just got to see a very short part of it on T.V. and I was not really watching the boob tube just caught it a few seconds into the clip. I did send it to family and friends but later learned that most had already seen it. I did think it was funny with the part that I saw. I have felt some of those frustrating moments while bring up the kids. And I said to myself this guy has used it to make a funny video.

HPL
02-15-2012, 11:28 PM
Well then, that excuses stupid...right?

...and yeah, Becky, by my instructions from the DA on domestic violence when I sat on GJ last year...TRUE.

JD
I don't understand the reference to the DA's instructions while on GJ.

JDogger
02-16-2012, 12:12 AM
I don't understand the reference to the DA's instructions while on GJ.

Per the DA's instruction on debating a true bill of indictment on a charge of domestic violence...discharging a firearm in the home or on the property could be considered in forwarding the charge to the district court, and did with few exceptions.

Have you sat on a GJ? Have you made arguements contrary to the consensus of the other members?

What took place in that video would lead most GJ members to foward a charge of assault to the DC.

Simple assualt is very easy to establish.

He implied a threat of violence, then carried it out.

True bill. Now it's up to the DC to decide.

JD

road kill
02-16-2012, 06:46 AM
This guy is an idiot.
Irresponsible use of a firearm and poor parenting.

What is the take away lesson for the kid??
Do what I say or I will destroy your belongings??

Some may think this is cute, but it is wrong on several levels.

RK

Jason Glavich
02-16-2012, 07:49 AM
Per the DA's instruction on debating a true bill of indictment on a charge of domestic violence...discharging a firearm in the home or on the property could be considered in forwarding the charge to the district court, and did with few exceptions.

Have you sat on a GJ? Have you made arguements contrary to the consensus of the other members?

What took place in that video would lead most GJ members to foward a charge of assault to the DC.

JD

I did not see him imply a threat of violence, he took his property away from his kid and shot it(nothing implied he did it). I have shot at TV's, old cars etc for target practice no threat of violence when i did it. He never threatened his kid with harm, just his property. He simply was an idiot and filmed it. The kid was beyond wrong and maybe deserved some punishment long before this happened.

And yes JD I am jst giving you a hard time, what he did was stupid, but then again what the kid did was outright blatant disrespect and stupid as well. Stupid is as stupid does I guess. This is a lose lose for him and his kid in the end. Relationships between kids and parents often become strained, and usually it never gets fixed. One day they will both regret what they did.

Quackwacker
02-16-2012, 07:54 AM

JD

This is what is wrong with our country. People thinking they know what is best for others. I have been on the GJ I have been foreman of the GJ and I do not agree with any thing you said.

JDogger
02-16-2012, 09:11 AM
This is what is wrong with our country. People thinking they know what is best for others. I have been on the GJ I have been foreman of the GJ and I do not agree with any thing you said.

OK...................

Becky Mills
02-16-2012, 09:22 AM
I wasn't trying to imply he should be true billed, not at all. My time on the grand jury just made me realize how quickly things get out of hand and get violent. What I was trying to say is the man's temper scares me. He just seems like a ticking time bomb to me.

mudminnow
02-16-2012, 10:29 AM
With an example of behavior like that, it is easy to see why the daughter acted that way. Like father like s...daughter. He should have thought a few more seconds before he did that. That computer could have been donated to a charity and the daughter could have worked off the time for the computer at a soup kitchen or doing yardwork. THere could have been a positive way to punish, instead he chose the way that would look cool to his friends. My dad always told us he never punished when he was angry, this guy should have waited til he calmed down. Either way its his kid and he didn't do anything against the law and at least he cares about how his daughter grows up and respects elders. THats alot more than many parents in the US

Peter G Lippert
02-16-2012, 11:12 AM
I think the guy is completely right for doing what he did. It seems like he has taken incremental steps to get him where he currently is with his daughter and this was the last straw. Being a parent is hard! If it was my kid I would have probably done the same thing followed by a long list of chores and losing of privileges. I believe those have a bigger effect on the kid then any kind of spanking or anything of that nature.

Buzz
02-16-2012, 11:45 AM
To me it looked like it was all about him proving what a man he is and humiliating his daughter in front of all her friends. My guess is he just drove a bigger wedge in between himself and his daughter.

road kill
02-16-2012, 11:47 AM
To me it looked like it was all about him proving what a man he is and humiliating his daughter in front of all her friends. My guess is he just drove a bigger wedge in between himself and his daughter.
Which they both will deeply regret, when it's too late!

JMO

stan b

duckheads
02-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Obviously most of the people stating that this guy is an idiot are not raising teenage kids right now. The guy is fed up with his daughter's actions and probably needed to make a point that would get across to his daughter. I have a 13 yr old daughter and the facebook crap is a pain in the rear. You can monitor them all you want but they find ways to get around you. You can disable their acct and they creat another acct when at their friends house or using a friend's phone. Grounding them all of the time only goes so far. If you are not raising kids right now you have no clue how difficult it is with facebook and texting. You all can sit on your high horse or your lazy boy and assume all you want about this guy but I bet he is a damn good father who fed up and is trying to keep some kind of control over his teenage daughter. Who gives a rats rear about sitting on a Grand Jury. What a bunch of PC crap. Don't even get me started on the texting issues. You people have no clue!

duckheads
02-16-2012, 05:30 PM

I think you really don't have a glue how difficult it is trying to raise kids in this day and age! You can not be their friend. My dad either took me to his room and gave me the belt or just kick my butt where we were standing depending on my age. Try doing that now! No one condones child abuse and that is not what I am talking about. I never got anything I did not deserve and probably got away with a few things and did get caught. I feared my father and when he told me to stop doing something I listened to him. I love my father and we have a great relationship to this day. It is a very different world we live in.

road kill
02-16-2012, 05:33 PM
Obviously most of the people stating that this guy is an idiot are not raising teenage kids right now. The guy is fed up with his daughter's actions and probably needed to make a point that would get across to his daughter. I have a 13 yr old daughter and the facebook crap is a pain in the rear. You can monitor them all you want but they find ways to get around you. You can disable their acct and they creat another acct when at their friends house or using a friend's phone. Grounding them all of the time only goes so far. If you are not raising kids right now you have no clue how difficult it is with facebook and texting. You all can sit on your high horse or your lazy boy and assume all you want about this guy but I bet he is a damn good father who fed up and is trying to keep some kind of control over his teenage daughter. Who gives a rats rear about sitting on a Grand Jury. What a bunch of PC crap. Don't even get me started on the texting issues. You people have no clue!

Sounds like you are the consumate expert on parenting.

If you think completely losing control of rational behavior and dischargeing a firearm into a computer is good parenting, YOU have no clue!!!

stan b

Buzz
02-16-2012, 06:02 PM
I think you really don't have a glue how difficult it is trying to raise kids in this day and age!

My 13 year old daughter might agree with you.

huntinman
02-16-2012, 07:25 PM

If you think completely losing control of rational behavior and dischargeing a firearm into a computer is good parenting, YOU have no clue!!!

stan b

At least he took it outside before he shot it!;-) I tend to think everyone is getting a little too worked up about this. He did hit what he was aiming at.

Duck's not all wrong about teenager's these days either. My 20 year old boy had to be forcibly removed from electronic devices more than once when he was younger. I can't do it any more because he is too damn big...

road kill
02-16-2012, 07:33 PM
At least he took it outside before he shot it!;-) I tend to think everyone is getting a little too worked up about this. He did hit what he was aiming at.

Duck's not all wrong about teenager's these days either. My 20 year old boy had to be forcibly removed from electronic devices more than once when he was younger. I can't do it any more because he is too damn big...
Did you shoot the device??;-)

RK

Hew
02-16-2012, 07:33 PM
My 13 year old daughter might agree with you.
...:D:D:D.....

charly_t
02-16-2012, 07:48 PM

I agree with you.

Uumm, too many kids running their own and their parents lives anymore. One son bought the "stunn gun" type things for each of his daughters and his wife. One of his daughters loves to turn the thing on so it makes the sound ( when triggered )........loves to get behind him and trigger it when he is relaxed watching football etc. Her sister and Mother just shake their heads. Different personalities on different kids. Of course the onery one takes after her Daddy :-) It takes a bit of doing to get her attention at times. Her attitude has improved a lot in the last few years but before that .......... well lets just say it was a battle royal a lot of the time. Having brought up two boys and a girl and then having to help with a grandaughter of 13 years of age let me tell you kids do not act like they used to. It is a very different world than it used to be. Too many people are telling the kids they don't have to mind their parents. We can't spank, we can't say things that might hurt their feelings and on and on.

road kill
02-16-2012, 07:55 PM
I agree with you.

Uumm, too many kids running their own and their parents lives anymore. One son bought the "stunn gun" type things for each of his daughters and his wife. One of his daughters loves to turn the thing on so it makes the sound ( when triggered )........loves to get behind him and trigger it when he is relaxed watching football etc. Her sister and Mother just shake their heads. Different personalities on different kids. Of course the onery one takes after her Daddy :-) It takes a bit of doing to get her attention at times. Her attitude has improved a lot in the last few years but before that .......... well lets just say it was a battle royal a lot of the time. Having brought up two boys and a girl and then having to help with a grandaughter of 13 years of age let me tell you kids do not act like they used to. It is a very different world than it used to be. Too many people are telling the kids they don't have to mind their parents. We can't spank, we can't say things that might hurt their feelings and on and on.
Just a thought Charly_T (and you know that I love you and your posts) maybe part of the problem is parents don't parent like they used to?

I am not trying to be a jerk, I just think that parenting starts at day one.
It is our job to teach, coach and mold solid people.

Respect, loyalty, integrity, morals and values are things taught verbally, with practical lessons and most importantly by example.
This issue started a long time ago.

What kind of example did this man set for his daughter.
IMO.....not a very good one.

RK

charly_t
02-16-2012, 08:20 PM
You are correct about parents and day one etc. Seldom are there stay at home Mothers etc. very often anymore. Our children are constanly influenced by other kids and adults. I don't think that people used to have to fight to correct their children and we do anymore. Most grandparents did not try to run their children and grandchildrens lives and they do anymore. And lets not forget the T.V. programs where our family sees the wrong things. They see these kids who are acting up and getting attention and boy is that a cool show. Oh well, just getting old and still think a spanking is needed sometimes for some kids.

HPL
02-16-2012, 09:53 PM
Perhaps since we have no kids (by choice) my thoughts won't count, but I WAS a kid once and remember being pretty afraid of my mother, I'm 56 and there are still things I don't do because she wouldn't like it. My brother and I definitely got spanked and more than just once or twice. I think that that father looked nothing like someone who was out of control. Perhaps it would have been a better lesson to take the computer away and give it to someone who really needed it, but shooting it in an area where shooting was legal certainly makes an impression. I do see really rotten kids all the time these days. I work as photographer and don't do children photography. Too hard to get them to behave. Not worth the headaches. TV certainly doesn't help. I grew up on Dick van Dyke, Bewitched, My Three Sons, Bonanza, etc. The MARRIED parents in these shows slept in SEPARATE beds for heaven's sake. I tend to think that if Little Joe has sassed (an expression you don't hear much these days) Pa Cartwright, Pa would have just shot him (I brought you into this world and I can darn well take you out!). We learned to behave, respect and yes, fear adults, and I think that is the way it should be.

Gerry Clinchy
02-16-2012, 10:18 PM
Reading the posts of different opinions ... some things occurred to me. The shooting of the computer was pretty extreme, but that was far better than physically abusing his daughter, wasn't it? Of course, could have been just as effective to re-format her hard drive :-) That might have gotten her goat even more.

As for humiliating her in front of her friends ... she had done a job on her parents without a thought. And, it might appear, that her "facts" were a bit embellished. It's one thing to tell a friend that you "hate your parents" (which seems a mandatory rite of passage for being a teenager); quite another to put it on Facebook as is done today.

huntinman
02-16-2012, 11:19 PM
Did you shoot the device??;-)

RK

No... but if I told my son I was going to, he would believe it. We had a rule, no texting or gameboy or any of that crap at the dinner table, in a restaurant, if we had company, or if we were hunting. I expected him to be sociable to other humans rather than have his head down and his thumbs poking a keyboard when people were around. This generation growing up now is really lacking in people skills. To top that off, more and more of them home school to get away from the crappy public schools, so they have even less chance to learn to socialize and deal with others.

charly_t
02-16-2012, 11:30 PM
.................................................. .........

As for humiliating her in front of her friends ... she had done a job on her parents without a thought. And, it might appear, that her "facts" were a bit embellished. It's one thing to tell a friend that you "hate your parents" (which seems a mandatory rite of passage for being a teenager); quite another to put it on Facebook as is done today.

I once told my husband in private that he had embarrassed one of our kids in front of the kids friends. He very nicely explained to me that if they were doing that ( I don't remember what they were doing ) they deserved to get embarrassed. In other words "behave themselves" or get embarrassed. I have probably told this before but here goes. I had made a trip to the lady's room in a certain store. A young woman in her late 20s or maybe early 30s was leaning against a wall watching her 5 year old throw a fit. She said "I don't dare correct him in this store." A cousin's daughter was followed to that same lady's room when she took her fit throwing daughter in there to hopefully get the kid to stop. The lady who followed her made it clear that the child would not be touched by her mother or she would call in about child abuse. How can you raise decent kids with people making sure that they can run wild or you can go to jail.

Nor_Cal_Angler
02-17-2012, 02:08 AM
I agree with the guy...

He is a man of his word...he warned her once what he would do if she acted like this again...

He said he would put a bullet through the computer.

HE DID....

Lesson...Integrity.

Jake

road kill
02-17-2012, 06:51 AM
I wonder how many would bepleased if thier child took a firearm and shot a computer??

Even if in theory they had just cause??:rolleyes:

stan b

cripes
02-17-2012, 07:33 AM

JD

I say we need gun control and target control . Every one should have to register his target. This violence on targets must stop now.

HPL
02-17-2012, 07:58 AM
I once told my husband in private that he had embarrassed one of our kids in front of the kids friends. He very nicely explained to me that if they were doing that ( I don't remember what they were doing ) they deserved to get embarrassed. In other words "behave themselves" or get embarrassed. I have probably told this before but here goes. I had made a trip to the lady's room in a certain store. A young woman in her late 20s or maybe early 30s was leaning against a wall watching her 5 year old throw a fit. She said "I don't dare correct him in this store." A cousin's daughter was followed to that same lady's room when she took her fit throwing daughter in there to hopefully get the kid to stop. The lady who followed her made it clear that the child would not be touched by her mother or she would call in about child abuse. How can you raise decent kids with people making sure that they can run wild or you can go to jail.
I have a friend who lived in DC when his daughter was young. He was having trouble with her acting up in church. His dad (grandpa) told him she needed a spanking. My friend said not in DC!! Grandpa told my friend to take the child to the elevator and down to the basement. Spank in elevator, calm down in basement, threaten on way back up. My friend said it took two trips to basement, but child learned that misbehavior would not be tolerated. Kid will probably take the stairs for the rest of her life and be healthier for it.

duckheads
02-17-2012, 12:34 PM

stan b

I'm not an expert on anything. Anyone that has been on here for any length of time know who the experts are! I'm just a parent struggling to raise my children the best I can. One who is dealing with a 13 yr old daughter and another one right behind her at 11. One who has to deal with facebook and all that comes with it. One who has to deal with cell phones and all that goes along with them. My parents never had to worry about cyber bullying or sexting. I guess since he had already grounded her from her computer he should have said "I know you are upset with mommy and daddy but you should not say things like that on facebook. Now if you promise to never do that again daddy will take you down to Dairy Queen and buy you an ice cream cone"! :rolleyes:

road kill
02-17-2012, 12:38 PM
I'm not an expert on anything. Anyone that has been on here for any length of time know who the experts are! I'm just a parent struggling to raise my children the best I can. One who is dealing with a 13 yr old daughter and another one right behind her at 11. One who has to deal with facebook and all that comes with it. One who has to deal with cell phones and all that goes along with them. My parents never had to worry about cyber bullying or sexting. I guess since he had already grounded her from her computer he should have said "I know you are upset with mommy and daddy but you should not say things like that on facebook. Now if you promise to never do that again daddy will take you down to Dairy Queen and buy you an ice cream cone"! :rolleyes:
No, you are right, dischargeing a firearm into a computer is the way to go.
That pretty much solves everything.

Why, I'll bet that kid went to a friends house and immediately posted something very positive about her Daddy!!
I'm guessing her RESPECT for this man just skyrocketed.
And some day she will look back and realize this was the turning point in her life and her relationship with her Dad!!!!!!!

I'm with you, what was I thinking??

RK

duckheads
02-17-2012, 01:19 PM
should have loaded into a winger and used a twelve gauge. Dang I could do that with the cell phone!

Time out regards,

road kill
02-17-2012, 01:22 PM
should have loaded into a winger and used a twelve gauge. Dang I could do that with the cell phone!

Time out regards,

OK, now you're talking!

(3" magnum #5's???)

RK

Buzz
02-17-2012, 01:45 PM

Time out regards,

OK, I have to admit it. I was really disappointed he didn't use a shotgun.

Jason Glavich
02-17-2012, 03:08 PM
OK, I have to admit it. I was really disappointed he didn't use a shotgun.

It was probably a good thing, might have had a richocet. It would not have proved his point with a BB stuck in is leg. Also would have been harder to hold the camera and shoot the 12g.

charly_t
02-17-2012, 04:20 PM
My son laughed and said the guy could have impressed people more if he had used a shotgun. ;)

I have watched people "parent" over the years and the people who have the best results are the ones who have one daughter ( and no other child ). The parents both need to be very involved in that child's life but give that child some responsibilities along the way. They should let that child make a few mistakes and learn from them but protect that child. It is a high wire act with
no nets.

Nor_Cal_Angler
02-17-2012, 08:30 PM
No, you are right, dischargeing a firearm into a computer is the way to go.
That pretty much solves everything.

Why, I'll bet that kid went to a friends house and immediately posted something very positive about her Daddy!!
I'm guessing her RESPECT for this man just skyrocketed.
And some day she will look back and realize this was the turning point in her life and her relationship with her Dad!!!!!!!

I'm with you, what was I thinking??

RK

I'll bet that child didn't go to a friends house and post something nice.....

I'll bet just like I said before...he is a man of his word, I 'll bet she is GROUNDED again and didn't go anywhere!!!!

like I said...LESSON: Integrity

Jake

Down East Labs 217
02-18-2012, 05:24 PM
I read every post in this thread. What I noticed is a lot of second guessing and I would never do that or he is sooooo wrong to parent his child like that. Not one person on this thread is in his shoes and has no idea what else his charming little girl has done to force this issue to this point.

It is real easy to arm chair quarterback this situation.

Personally, I like the guys response and am completely on his side (12 gauge would have been better). Little miss out of control was embarrassed in front of her friends, can not talk smack to her friends about how she did anything, and is once again grounded for life.

My children do not have cell phones until they can afford to buy them and pay their own bills. Do not have computers, video games or TV's in their bedrooms (bedroom are for sleeping at that age) and are not allowed to hibernate on the web. Go outside and play (imagination is a wonderful thing). If you say you are board, I have plenty of work that needs doing.

Am I controlling, yes I am and I am proud of it. Do my kids say yes sir, yes maam, no thank you and all the other polite things, they do or they get strong. Big believer in push ups.

There are a lot of folks who will say a lot about this type of child raising, I don't care. To much freedom and not enough strict discipline in the house leads to this thread.

My opinion

Richard

charly_t
02-18-2012, 08:20 PM
I read every post in this thread. What I noticed is a lot of second guessing and I would never do that or he is sooooo wrong to parent his child like that. Not one person on this thread is in his shoes and has no idea what else his charming little girl has done to force this issue to this point.

It is real easy to arm chair quarterback this situation.

Personally, I like the guys response and am completely on his side (12 gauge would have been better). Little miss out of control was embarrassed in front of her friends, can not talk smack to her friends about how she did anything, and is once again grounded for life.

My children do not have cell phones until they can afford to buy them and pay their own bills. Do not have computers, video games or TV's in their bedrooms (bedroom are for sleeping at that age) and are not allowed to hibernate on the web. Go outside and play (imagination is a wonderful thing). If you say you are board, I have plenty of work that needs doing.

Am I controlling, yes I am and I am proud of it. Do my kids say yes sir, yes maam, no thank you and all the other polite things, they do or they get strong. Big believer in push ups.

There are a lot of folks who will say a lot about this type of child raising, I don't care. To much freedom and not enough strict discipline in the house leads to this thread.

My opinion

Richard

Good post, Richard. Love the talks that I have with my older Sis. Was talking to her about one of our kid's "counselor". In his 50s and the "lady" thinks he was an abused child ( he doesn't feel that way ). His teacher in the second grade thought he was spoiled. Some difference of opinion ! Sis said she didn't ever think we abused him. Bet son has not told that lady everything he did either.