PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone read this

Mary Lynn Metras
02-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Pretty interesting. Our Prime Minister just went to China and was trying to negotiate trade deals. I think our country should not trade with China especially our oil and gas. I think there could be trouble down the road-not sure just making a statement!IMO!:)Have a read!

Subject: Is America Doomed?

IS AMERICA DOOMED?

Every great world power, from the Mongols, Rome, the Huns and the British Empire have all collapsed, or lost their power, from internal causes. They may have lost the occasional battle but they were never defeated militarily. It seems that the USA is on this same course. In three-hundred years, it may be difficult to convince school children that America was ever a great power. The empire that controlled the greatest land mass in the known world were the Mongols under Genghis Khan and his descendants; now Mongolia is a small insignificant country that few people could find on a map.

The American Congress seems to be dysfunctional and the President has as many sworn enemies as he has friends and supporters. President Obama seems to be barely competent (re economy & foreign policy), and even that compliment may be unwarranted as his new economic plan will apparently increase America’s deficit/debt by $1trillion. The opposition Republicans seem to be running a slate of candidates that have little or no chance of winning a general election, even against an incompetent incumbent (with the possible exception of Romney). The Republicans, who at least in theory, espouse a fiscal policy that has some chance of righting the economy, must rely on millions of extreme-right Christian bigots, who probably can’t spell economy, to get elected. In fact one of these bigots, Rick Santorum, is tied for first in the polls. This is a gentleman who thinks the government should control citizen’s lives inside and outside the bedroom, and is about one mile to the right of Attila the Hun. I have always questioned the intelligence of Canadian voters, but I am confident that Santorum couldn’t get elected dogcatcher in Canada.

There are many factors contributing to America’s decline, but I think the one factor that will finally doom them is their preoccupation with security. In most countries, the military, intelligence agencies and a few security advisors are paid to be preoccupied with security, but in America, it seems to be constantly on the mind of everyone. The government keeps everyone in a state of fear, paranoia and anxiety at all times. Whether this is purposeful to ensure the public’s support in eroding their human rights, or a natural result of the government leaders’ own fear, paranoia and anxiety, it is hard to tell.

A handful of terrorists attack an American city and the response is to invade two foreign countries. The logic of this escapes me, but it was fully supported (at the time) by a vast majority of voters. This “fight them over there so we don’t have to fight them here” rhetoric is actually believed and accepted as logical. The Taliban doesn’t have one ship, one airplane, one tank or one missile. How does an intelligent person think they are going to invade America? They are a horrible bunch of religious zealots, and I pity anyone who has to live under their regime, but they haven’t committed any acts of terrorism on American soil. I can only assume that the $billions of dollars spent, and the young America lives lost, is to punish the Taliban for allowing al-Qaeda to set up a few training camps in their mountains.

Iran is an interesting case relative to their apparent attempt to build a nuclear bomb. Nutbar President, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, is actually the stabilizing force of reason in that country. The real radical, extreme leader is cleric, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who would be at home in the 13th century (along with the Taliban). Nevertheless, they are probably saying/thinking to the US…”You have 5,000 nuclear bombs; why can’t we have just one, and why does that make us the bad guy?” Regardless of how dense the Iranian leadership is, they undoubtedly realize that if they were to launch a nuclear missile, their country would be obliterated shortly thereafter.

Not surprisingly, every Republican candidate running for the Presidency, with the exception of Ron Paul, the libertarian, has said he will attack Iran if elected. That type of rhetoric apparently wins you votes in the US. To do that will eventually add another half a $trillion or more to the national debt. The US government seems to have missed grade school home economics, i.e., you can’t buy things unless you have the money, or if you buy on credit, you must be able to repay your debts.

This brings us to the main reason that the US is probably doomed. This fear, paranoia and anxiety has resulted in an annual military budget that is closing in on 1$trillion, even though there is not a country, or group of countries, in the world that can or will invade America or can derive any benefit from doing so. Carrier groups, cruise missiles and F35s are not going to protect against terrorists who have probably rented apartments in New York or LA. One of the more recent “justifications” for increasing the military budget is due to China’s growing military budget which has grown to only one/tenth of the US budget, even though the country is 400% bigger than the US. In fact, on a per capita basis, China’s military budget is less than 3% of the American military budget.

I presume China’s very modest military buildup has resulted from fear of the US in view of the latter’s record of invading other countries always with the goal of regime change; this includes the civil wars the US has supported. (Interestingly, the new regimes are seldom friendly to the US.) China has good reason for this concern as the US has encircled China with military alliances. In 4000 years, China has never invaded another country. China invaded Japan during the Yuan Dynasty but that was when Kublai Khan, the Mongol, held the seat of power in China, i.e., the Mongols were the Yuan Dynasty (the invasion fleet was destroyed in a storm). In the 7th century, a Tibetan army invaded China and reached Xian, China’s ancient capital. The Tibetan army was defeated which eventually lead to rule of Tibet by China in the Yuan Dynasty.

I presume that China was not displeased at these American invasions and wars because it lead to the opportunity to lend money at a reasonable rate of return, after all, what was safer than the America dollar. Now, I believe they are quite worried because they may never get repaid. How does a nation who has put themselves in a debt of $15trillion, and growing by $48,000 per second, repay any debts?

I am told that a Chinese economist warned his government over ten years ago not to lend money to the US as they will not be able to repay their debt and China will be left holding worthless paper.

Some members of Congress are trying to fix their economy, but reducing the military budget, the homeland security budget, and the budget for all the invasions and wars, is off the table. In other words, the economy has no chance of revival. The FBI, CIA and various intelligence agencies have done a good job in protecting America from terrorist attacks, but their budgets are a pittance compared to the military. Of course this huge military budget makes the military-industrial complex extremely wealthy, as President Eisenhower predicted it would, and it has come to pass exactly as he warned.

Canada’s ruling Conservative government, which formerly lead the world in China bashing, has now realized its economic survival is at risk and has sent trade missions, often lead by the Prime Minister himself, to China, India and Brazil in order to diversify Canada’s trade and commerce. Canada’s economy is so closely tied to the US that their demise will be Canada’s demise unless rapid action is taken to develop Asian trade ties. Nevertheless, since gaining power, Canada’s Conservative Party has joined in every American war and support of civil wars. I wonder what the return is for Canadian taxpayers?

It will be a sad irony if al-Qaeda’s goal to destroy America is achieved, not through terrorist attacks, but by instilling fear, paranoia and anxiety in the population thus destroying the American economy.

I wish the best for our American friends, but things don’t look promising for their descendants at this point in time. Unless things change, things don’t look promising for our descendants either. Apparently children born today will be the first generation in history that will have a lower standard of living then their parents and grandparents.

Brian Cox,

An uninformed, opinionated news/politics junkie

Jason Glavich
02-21-2012, 11:16 AM
It will be a sad irony if al-Qaeda’s goal to destroy America is achieved, not through terrorist attacks, but by instilling fear, paranoia and anxiety in the population thus destroying the American economy.

I have made this comment when talking about terrorism before. They attacked us on US soil and killed 3k+ people. A very bad event indeed. But it had an effect they could have never seen. Billions and billions pured into TSA and DHS, to buy high tech scanners, FAST, etc. And in the end, it results in catching a few single terrorists, plotting small things and the real result is us losing our freedom to be safe. They have succeeded in bankrupting us to protect ourselves from their attacks or lack there of. The CIA and other such groups prevent most things before they get to America.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" Ben Franklin

menmon
02-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Pretty interesting. Our Prime Minister just went to China and was trying to negotiate trade deals. I think our country should not trade with China especially our oil and gas. I think there could be trouble down the road-not sure just making a statement!IMO!:)Have a read!

Subject: Is America Doomed?

IS AMERICA DOOMED?

Every great world power, from the Mongols, Rome, the Huns and the British Empire have all collapsed, or lost their power, from internal causes. They may have lost the occasional battle but they were never defeated militarily. It seems that the USA is on this same course. In three-hundred years, it may be difficult to convince school children that America was ever a great power. The empire that controlled the greatest land mass in the known world were the Mongols under Genghis Khan and his descendants; now Mongolia is a small insignificant country that few people could find on a map.

The American Congress seems to be dysfunctional and the President has as many sworn enemies as he has friends and supporters. President Obama seems to be barely competent (re economy & foreign policy), and even that compliment may be unwarranted as his new economic plan will apparently increase America’s deficit/debt by $1trillion. The opposition Republicans seem to be running a slate of candidates that have little or no chance of winning a general election, even against an incompetent incumbent (with the possible exception of Romney). The Republicans, who at least in theory, espouse a fiscal policy that has some chance of righting the economy, must rely on millions of extreme-right Christian bigots, who probably can’t spell economy, to get elected. In fact one of these bigots, Rick Santorum, is tied for first in the polls. This is a gentleman who thinks the government should control citizen’s lives inside and outside the bedroom, and is about one mile to the right of Attila the Hun. I have always questioned the intelligence of Canadian voters, but I am confident that Santorum couldn’t get elected dogcatcher in Canada.

There are many factors contributing to America’s decline, but I think the one factor that will finally doom them is their preoccupation with security. In most countries, the military, intelligence agencies and a few security advisors are paid to be preoccupied with security, but in America, it seems to be constantly on the mind of everyone. The government keeps everyone in a state of fear, paranoia and anxiety at all times. Whether this is purposeful to ensure the public’s support in eroding their human rights, or a natural result of the government leaders’ own fear, paranoia and anxiety, it is hard to tell.

A handful of terrorists attack an American city and the response is to invade two foreign countries. The logic of this escapes me, but it was fully supported (at the time) by a vast majority of voters. This “fight them over there so we don’t have to fight them here” rhetoric is actually believed and accepted as logical. The Taliban doesn’t have one ship, one airplane, one tank or one missile. How does an intelligent person think they are going to invade America? They are a horrible bunch of religious zealots, and I pity anyone who has to live under their regime, but they haven’t committed any acts of terrorism on American soil. I can only assume that the $billions of dollars spent, and the young America lives lost, is to punish the Taliban for allowing al-Qaeda to set up a few training camps in their mountains.

Iran is an interesting case relative to their apparent attempt to build a nuclear bomb. Nutbar President, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, is actually the stabilizing force of reason in that country. The real radical, extreme leader is cleric, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who would be at home in the 13th century (along with the Taliban). Nevertheless, they are probably saying/thinking to the US…”You have 5,000 nuclear bombs; why can’t we have just one, and why does that make us the bad guy?” Regardless of how dense the Iranian leadership is, they undoubtedly realize that if they were to launch a nuclear missile, their country would be obliterated shortly thereafter.

Not surprisingly, every Republican candidate running for the Presidency, with the exception of Ron Paul, the libertarian, has said he will attack Iran if elected. That type of rhetoric apparently wins you votes in the US. To do that will eventually add another half a $trillion or more to the national debt. The US government seems to have missed grade school home economics, i.e., you can’t buy things unless you have the money, or if you buy on credit, you must be able to repay your debts.

This brings us to the main reason that the US is probably doomed. This fear, paranoia and anxiety has resulted in an annual military budget that is closing in on 1$trillion, even though there is not a country, or group of countries, in the world that can or will invade America or can derive any benefit from doing so. Carrier groups, cruise missiles and F35s are not going to protect against terrorists who have probably rented apartments in New York or LA. One of the more recent “justifications” for increasing the military budget is due to China’s growing military budget which has grown to only one/tenth of the US budget, even though the country is 400% bigger than the US. In fact, on a per capita basis, China’s military budget is less than 3% of the American military budget.

I presume China’s very modest military buildup has resulted from fear of the US in view of the latter’s record of invading other countries always with the goal of regime change; this includes the civil wars the US has supported. (Interestingly, the new regimes are seldom friendly to the US.) China has good reason for this concern as the US has encircled China with military alliances. In 4000 years, China has never invaded another country. China invaded Japan during the Yuan Dynasty but that was when Kublai Khan, the Mongol, held the seat of power in China, i.e., the Mongols were the Yuan Dynasty (the invasion fleet was destroyed in a storm). In the 7th century, a Tibetan army invaded China and reached Xian, China’s ancient capital. The Tibetan army was defeated which eventually lead to rule of Tibet by China in the Yuan Dynasty.

I presume that China was not displeased at these American invasions and wars because it lead to the opportunity to lend money at a reasonable rate of return, after all, what was safer than the America dollar. Now, I believe they are quite worried because they may never get repaid. How does a nation who has put themselves in a debt of $15trillion, and growing by $48,000 per second, repay any debts?

I am told that a Chinese economist warned his government over ten years ago not to lend money to the US as they will not be able to repay their debt and China will be left holding worthless paper.

Some members of Congress are trying to fix their economy, but reducing the military budget, the homeland security budget, and the budget for all the invasions and wars, is off the table. In other words, the economy has no chance of revival. The FBI, CIA and various intelligence agencies have done a good job in protecting America from terrorist attacks, but their budgets are a pittance compared to the military. Of course this huge military budget makes the military-industrial complex extremely wealthy, as President Eisenhower predicted it would, and it has come to pass exactly as he warned.

Canada’s ruling Conservative government, which formerly lead the world in China bashing, has now realized its economic survival is at risk and has sent trade missions, often lead by the Prime Minister himself, to China, India and Brazil in order to diversify Canada’s trade and commerce. Canada’s economy is so closely tied to the US that their demise will be Canada’s demise unless rapid action is taken to develop Asian trade ties. Nevertheless, since gaining power, Canada’s Conservative Party has joined in every American war and support of civil wars. I wonder what the return is for Canadian taxpayers?

I wish the best for our American friends, but things don’t look promising for their descendants at this point in time. Unless things change, things don’t look promising for our descendants either. Apparently children born today will be the first generation in history that will have a lower standard of living then their parents and grandparents.

Brian Cox,

An uninformed, opinionated news/politics junkie

Don't worry, if you elect a republican to the office of president, overnight the gloom and doom will go away. So you just need to make sure a republican gets elected and you will be safe;-)