PDA

View Full Version : Veterans, Active Military March On DC

Franco
02-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Veterans and Active Military march on DC is support of Dr. Ron Paul!
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/political-pro-con/2012/feb/22/ron-paul-choice-troops/

Presidents with active military experience are far less likely to send US troops into needless wars. Of the 5 candidates for President, only Ron Paul has that active military experience.

Jason Glavich
02-23-2012, 12:21 PM
When ABC ran this story yesterday they said dozens of people, only to correct themselves after reveiving hate mail that there was hundreds. Go RP!

Franco
02-23-2012, 12:37 PM
Doesn't matter if it is ABC, CNN or Fox News, all of the mainstream media has gone out of their way to downplay RP. Yet, on the campaign trial, no other candidate is able to attract the crowds that he has! One of reasons that I've stopped looking at the polls. Figures lie and liars figure.

Looked like a couple thousand to me. They stood at attention for over 30 minutes before marching.

road kill
02-23-2012, 12:48 PM
For the record, I am a veteran and I do NOT stand with Ron Paul.

Regardless the current bill he and Barney Frank co-sponsored.:cool:

Rep. Barney Frank: Ron Paul 'Is An Intellectually Honest Libertarian’
By Pete Winn
February 16, 2012
(CNSNews.com) - Rep. Barney Frank (D.-Mass.) said Tuesday that Rep. Ron Paul (R.-Texas) is "an intellecutally honest libertarian" who among other things has co-sponsored with Frank federal legislation to legalize marijuana.

Frank made the observation while appearing on C-SPAN’s Washington Journal after he was asked about Republicans with whom he was friendly.

“Ron Paul and I have worked closely together,” Frank said. “Ron wants to cut the military, as I do, although more--he’s a little bit isolationist about it. But he’s been very courageous about it. Ron and I are co-sponsors--Ron is an intellectually honest libertarian. Some of my conservative friends are for letting you exploit child labor, but then they want to tell you what to read. Ron is a genuinely intellectually honest libertarian.

“He and I are the main co-sponsors of legislation to remove restrictions on Internet gambling. If you are an adult and you want to play poker on the Internet, I have no idea why people think the government should stop you. And he and I have a bill in to legalize people smoking marijuana.”

Frank is retiring from Congress at the end of this session after serving 16 terms.

stan b

Franco
02-23-2012, 03:27 PM
What does the Frank-Paul bill have to do with the this thread?

Do you think that because RP has more support from the military than all other candidates combined is due to the fact that they smoke MJ? I don't see it that way. I think they see a leader that would be much more prudent in sending troops into harms way than a wreckless GW Bush or any other wrecklesss politician. Ike and Kennedy were very leary of Vietnam, both served. LBJ was not in the service and got us into the Vietnam mess. BW Bush was a Reservist and never on any kind of real Active Duty and he got us into Iraq and A'stan.

BTW, Washingston State is getting ready to legalize (not decriminalized, as it is in 13 states currently) MJ has the support of the gov and most of the state legislatures. Does that make them dangerous or potheads?

Liberty scares a lot of people but, I would rather have Liberty than have government intruding in every aspect of my life.

road kill
02-23-2012, 03:33 PM

Do you think that because RP has more support from the military than all other candidates combined is due to the fact that they smoke MJ? I don't see it that way. I think they see a leader that would be much more prudent in sending troops into harms way than a wreckless GW Bush or any other wrecklesss politician. Ike and Kennedy were very leary of Vietnam, both served. LBJ was not in the service and got us into the Vietnam mess. BW Bush was a Reservist and never on any kind of real Active Duty and he got us into Iraq and A'stan.

BTW, Washingston State is getting ready to legalize (not decriminalized, as it is in 13 states currently) MJ has the support of the gov and most of the state legislatures. Does that make them dangerous or potheads?

Liberty scares a lot of people but, I would rather have Liberty than have government intruding in every aspect of my life.
UHHHHH...Ron Paul and his judgement.
And we are well aware of Barney Franks judgement, he endorses Paul.

That's all, irrelevant to you I'm sure.

RK

Franco
02-23-2012, 03:45 PM
UHHHHH...Ron Paul and his judgement.
And we are well aware of Barney Franks judgement, he endorses Paul.

That's all, irrelevant to you I'm sure.

RK

There are a lot of Dem that are endorsing RP because they like his message of Liberty. Heck, Ralph Nadar is endorsing Paul because Paul is a strict Constituionalist and would not start any unneeded wars. Where they disagee is on spending. Nadar wants to spend billions on social programs and RP is for eliminating most of them.

We may both dislike Barney Frank but the reality is he has an exceptional education and served his constituents for many years. As I wrote to marv not to long ago;
The costly war on drugs has only made gangs and organized crime rich all the while being a complete failure. And, those riches only makes it easier for them to import more drugs and make more money. A more sane approach would be to stop spending money on the war on drugs and put about 10% of it into drug education, save the tax payers the rest and quit financing gangs and crime!

WindyCreek
02-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Although I don't think much of LBJ or his policies, to be accurate he did serve in World War II, in the U.S. Navy in the South Pacific and was awarded a Silver Star, the Nation's third highest award for valor.

I am a veteran of thirty years active duty and the father of a son who has served the past seven years with multiple tours in Iraq. I don't support or agree with Ron Paul's policies. The fact a dozen or even a hundred or hundreds of active duty or veterans support his policies is pretty insignificant when you evaluate that against an active and reserve force of well over 1.5 million and another 5 million plus veterans who are no longer on active duty.

Franco
02-23-2012, 09:19 PM
Although I don't think much of LBJ or his policies, to be accurate he did serve in World War II, in the U.S. Navy in the South Pacific and was awarded a Silver Star, the Nation's third highest award for valor.

I am a veteran of thirty years active duty and the father of a son who has served the past seven years with multiple tours in Iraq. I don't support or agree with Ron Paul's policies. The fact a dozen or even a hundred or hundreds of active duty or veterans support his policies is pretty insignificant when you evaluate that against an active and reserve force of well over 1.5 million and another 5 million plus veterans who are no longer on active duty.

I stand corrected on LBJ's military status.

However, it is pretty well documneted that RP is the top choice of enlisted active duty personel.
http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2012/02/06/ron-paul-awash-in-active-duty-military-donations

WindyCreek
02-23-2012, 09:46 PM
I stand corrected on LBJ's military status.

However, it is pretty well documneted that RP is the top choice of enlisted active duty personel.
http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2012/02/06/ron-paul-awash-in-active-duty-military-donations

I wouldn't exactly call $150,000 collected over a quater from an active force of over 1 million a ringing endorsement.

Franco
02-24-2012, 06:25 AM
I wouldn't exactly call $150,000 collected over a quater from an active force of over 1 million a ringing endorsement.

RP receiving 87% of the active military donations is as "ringing" as it gets;-)

WindyCreek
02-24-2012, 02:30 PM
RP receiving 87% of the active military donations is as "ringing" as it gets;-)

87% of the servicemembers who contributed.....using that logic if each person who contributed gave $10.00 that would be 15,000 servicemembers out of a force of well over 1 million, you might consider that significant, I do not. Now I'm off to spend quality time ...training dogs, they care zero about politics, an endearing quality for sure.

Franco
02-24-2012, 02:52 PM
87% of the servicemembers who contributed.....using that logic if each person who contributed gave $10.00 that would be 15,000 servicemembers out of a force of well over 1 million, you might consider that significant, I do not. Now I'm off to spend quality time ...training dogs, they care zero about politics, an endearing quality for sure.

That $150,000.00+ was just in the last quarter of 2011. Wonder why Obama, Newt, Santorum etc. aren't getting their share?

Have fun with the dogs.

Uncle Bill
02-26-2012, 01:05 PM

Sorry for not recalling, Franco...but for the record, you served where?

UB

Franco
02-26-2012, 01:24 PM
Attack the messenger when you can't debate the issue.

Old wornout tactic;-)

Uncle Bill
02-26-2012, 01:46 PM
Attack the messenger when you can't debate the issue.

Old wornout tactic;-)

Au contraire, my friend. You seem to be slamming us vets in the way we think about this nation's safety, and the way we feel it should be protected. All done with your omniscient knowledge of how to "back away" from all enemies, and do the Obama apology act, or the RP "stick my head in the sand and watch it go away" view.

I'll happily debate the issue. Just don't bring up my relatives from WW II as being unnecessary to keep you and many of your generation out of harms way.

If you buy into the belief we are not facing some serious attacks from Iran, or any of those other Mideast nations in the near future, and you are positive your candidate RP would be the best man to handle an Iranian challenge, you will be supporting a typical Obama/Muslim genuflection.

Furthermore, for all your pumped up boisterous attitude against GWB for his entering Iraq, would you point me to the post you wrote condeming his actions following 9/11? Like most of the nation, you are as hypocritical as the Democrats when it comes to that segment of this countries history.

Just remember, there are no atheists in a fox hole.

UB

Franco
02-26-2012, 01:59 PM
Au contraire, my friend. You seem to be slamming us vets in the way we think about this nation's safety, and the way we feel it should be protected. All done with your omniscient knowledge of how to "back away" from all enemies, and do the Obama apology act, or the RP "stick my head in the sand and watch it go away" view.

I'll happily debate the issue. Just don't bring up my relatives from WW II as being unnecessary to keep you and many of your generation out of harms way.

If you buy into the belief we are not facing some serious attacks from Iran, or any of those other Mideast nations in the near future, and you are positive your candidate RP would be the best man to handle an Iranian challenge, you will be supporting a typical Obama/Muslim genuflection.

Furthermore, for all your pumped up boisterous attitude against GWB for his entering Iraq, would you point me to the post you wrote condeming his actions following 9/11? Like most of the nation, you are as hypocritical as the Democrats when it comes to that segment of this countries history.

Just remember, there are no atheists in a fox hole.

UB

I won't bring up yours as long as you don't bring up my father who severed in the Pacific or his brother that was KIA on the island of Luzon.

I've said from 2003 here on RTF that I supported securing the WMD's but not the nation building.

However, your paranoia and hatred of the middle east, like your comment of turning the entire region into a "sandbox", is not rational. Therefore, I for one do not buy into your suggestion that one has to be pro war to be a patriot. We all heard that in the pre-invasion of Iraq;-)

huntinman
02-26-2012, 03:20 PM
I am a vet too. I served (not severed like Franco;-))... I would actively campaign against Ron Paul if I thought he had any real chance. Thankfully, he doesn't even think he has a chance any more and has become Romney's puppet. Really just a caricature of himself if that is even possible.

Remember Wacky Rons's credo..."Iranian's just want to get along, why shouldn't they have a nuke?"

Terri
02-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Who has the right to take us into a war? Maybe this should be a poll question. I know it is not the president, even though they have got us into some things that they were not ready to finish.

Terri

Matt McKenzie
02-26-2012, 05:20 PM
FWIW, I recently retired after 24 years of active duty and in my experience, military folks (like most Americans) are for the most part disinterested in politics. I served with very few people who payed much attention to politics at all. In fact, the majority of the junior enlisted and officer personnel that I served with couldn't tell you the difference between the parties or even how the three branches of government work (sadly enough). Remember, the military is made up primarily young people who were educated in government schools.
That said, if you scratch the surface, you'll find many, if not most, in the military have a libertarian/conservative outlook on life, so I understand if many (like myself) are drawn to RP's ideas on fiscal and domestic policy. I also understand that many in the military feel like they spent a lot of time in Iraq and Afghanistan and don't think we accomplished much in either place. Some of those people paid a pretty heavy price and don't think we got much value for it. Those folks probably think that RP has some pretty good ideas with regard to foreign policy.
So I agree that there are plenty of folks in the military who support RP. There are also plenty of folks in the military who support BO. I wouldn't agree that "military people" as a group endorse either one.
And to add to the highjack from earlier, our "war on drugs" is just as wasteful and ineffective as the "war on poverty". We need to stop funding both, immediately.
One man's opinion.