PDA

View Full Version : Obama Apologies Hardly News Anymore...

huntinman
02-24-2012, 06:57 AM
Obama sends letter of apology to Karzai over Koran burning

Published February 23, 2012 | Associated Press

The Afghan president's office says it has received a letter from President Obama formally apologizing for the burning of Korans at a U.S. military base in Afghanistan.

The statement from President Hamid Karzai's office says the U.S. ambassador delivered the letter on Thursday.

In the letter, which is quoted in the statement, Obama expresses his "deep regret for the reported incident" and offers his "sincere apologies."

According to the statement, Obama wrote: "The error was inadvertent; I assure you that we will take the appropriate steps to avoid any recurrence, to include holding accountable those responsible."

WH Press Sec Jay Carney says presidential apologies are rare.:confused:

road kill
02-24-2012, 07:53 AM
Obama sends letter of apology to Karzai over Koran burning

Published February 23, 2012 | Associated Press

The Afghan president's office says it has received a letter from President Obama formally apologizing for the burning of Korans at a U.S. military base in Afghanistan.

The statement from President Hamid Karzai's office says the U.S. ambassador delivered the letter on Thursday.

In the letter, which is quoted in the statement, Obama expresses his "deep regret for the reported incident" and offers his "sincere apologies."

According to the statement, Obama wrote: "The error was inadvertent; I assure you that we will take the appropriate steps to avoid any recurrence, to include holding accountable those responsible."

WH Press Sec Jay Carney says presidential apologies are rare.:confused:

It's clear this policy works.
Look at our stature in the world now, why its never been better!!!!:roll:

I am sure the Afgahni's love us now!!!!

RK

Jim Danis
02-24-2012, 08:06 AM
The Korans were burned for a couple of reasons. 1. They supposedly had messages hand written in them to pass on to other Afghanis being held there in Bagram. 2. according to Muslim religious law nothing is supposed to be written in the Koran and if done so the only way to make the Koran pure again is to burn it. So the people who burned the books were actually following Muslim religious rules to make the books pure again. Of course this isn't being brought out in the news and Obama definitely isn't going to bring that to light either.

Gerry Clinchy
02-24-2012, 03:28 PM
The Korans were burned for a couple of reasons. 1. They supposedly had messages hand written in them to pass on to other Afghanis being held there in Bagram. 2. according to Muslim religious law nothing is supposed to be written in the Koran and if done so the only way to make the Koran pure again is to burn it. So the people who burned the books were actually following Muslim religious rules to make the books pure again. Of course this isn't being brought out in the news and Obama definitely isn't going to bring that to light either.

That's interesting info.

M&K's Retrievers
02-24-2012, 05:29 PM
OK. I'll apologize. I'm sorry Obama is President.

starjack
02-24-2012, 05:42 PM
:-P
OK. I'll apologize. I'm sorry Obama is President.:-P:-P:-P:-P.........

Marty Lee
02-24-2012, 07:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYEctbGSkkw

Julie R.
02-24-2012, 07:29 PM
That's interesting info.

I've heard the same information; it's readily available if you look. You won't hear it on the mainstream media though. A shame they and the BHO admin. would rather skewer our troops for imagined injustices to fan the flames of people that hate us. Somehow making our military grovel is more newsworthy than the truth. It sickens me.

JDogger
02-24-2012, 07:45 PM
Burning Korans,..Qurans,..SP... while occupying a muslim country would seem to me to be a pretty bad idea.
What... we don't have secure bases with incinerators that finish the job?...?
How stupid?
This never should have been an issue.
I respect and admire our military, but they screwed the pooch this time.

JD

Julie R.
02-24-2012, 09:36 PM
On this, I agree w/you JD. :cool: Of course that might not have stopped some moron from posting it on youtube and/or leaking it to the media so they could put a spin on it.

JDogger
02-24-2012, 10:49 PM
On this, I agree w/you JD. :cool: Of course that might not have stopped some moron from posting it on youtube and/or leaking it to the media so they could put a spin on it.

Like I said Julie, if the job had been done completely and securely there would have been no moron, nor leaks. Hence no spin, no story. Somebody f**ked up.

No excuses regards, JD

HPL
02-24-2012, 11:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYEctbGSkkw
I bet that's one vote Obama isn't going to be able to count on this time.

Uncle Bill
02-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Burning Korans,..Qurans,..SP... while occupying a muslim country would seem to me to be a pretty bad idea.
What... we don't have secure bases with incinerators that finish the job?...?
How stupid?
This never should have been an issue.
I respect and admire our military, but they screwed the pooch this time.

JD

Always count on Hugh to be 100% on with that 20/20 hindsight. What part of the initial story did you not read???...where it was stated the 2 Korans were "mistakenly" burned while a lot of trash was being thrown out into the fire. Some of the soldiers may have been too busy dodging the crap being thrown at them, not to mention the bullets from those crazy bastards.

I say, get the hell out...especially after watching the gaggle of towel-heads on the CNN news clip last evening. These radicals don't want anything to do with Americans, so just leave, and let them be decimated like their 'buddies' in Syria.

Sooner or later, my hopes will be answered! When we turn the entire area into a huge sandbox, and release all the cats in the world...along with a few hogs.:rolleyes:

UB

JDogger
02-26-2012, 03:47 PM
Always count on Hugh to be 100% on with that 20/20 hindsight. What part of the initial story did you not read???...where it was stated the 2 Korans were "mistakenly" burned while a lot of trash was being thrown out into the fire. Some of the soldiers may have been too busy dodging the crap being thrown at them, not to mention the bullets from those crazy bastards.

I say, get the hell out...especially after watching the gaggle of towel-heads on the CNN news clip last evening. These radicals don't want anything to do with Americans, so just leave, and let them be decimated like their 'buddies' in Syria.

Sooner or later, my hopes will be answered! When we turn the entire area into a huge sandbox, and release all the cats in the world...along with a few hogs.:rolleyes:

UB

Well.....I agree with the get out part. The rest is just your typical billwash.