PDA

View Full Version : Dems love women ... except white, southern women

Gerry Clinchy
03-14-2012, 01:49 PM
Whoa! Karen Finney played the race card big-time.

After hearing that women voted heavily for Santorum in MS and AL, she made the statement (paraphrasing) ... that for these women voters race trumped gender; they voted against their own health care because of race.

What an insult to those women's ethics and intelligence. That ought to make a lot of friends for the Dems among women voters in the south ... and elsewhere.

First it was class warfare ... not it will be an attempt to set women against other women.

Franco
03-14-2012, 01:57 PM
What she didn't mention was the fact that it was Repubs running against one another and not against Obama in the Primaries.

I wasn't surprised that Santorum won in Bama and Mississippi among women. This is the heart of the Bible Belt and women will support the person they feel would best undo Roe Vs Wade.

Nationally, I doubt Santorum or Gingrich would do well with women.

Gerry Clinchy
03-14-2012, 02:03 PM
Franco, that still does not justify Finney for calling all southern, white women racists because of whom they voted for.

And if the Dems really expected this kind of result, what is the point of lashing out at voters like that?

Hew
03-14-2012, 05:09 PM
I wasn't surprised that Santorum won in Bama and Mississippi among women. This is the heart of the Bible Belt and women will support the person they feel would best undo Roe Vs Wade.
Is that the reason you used to like Santorum (until Ron Paul told you not to)? ;)

Franco
03-14-2012, 05:40 PM
Is that the reason you used to like Santorum (until Ron Paul told you not to)? ;)

Show me where I ever support Santorum!

I said that he had a lot of passion and that I liked that about him. In that same thread, I also said his social views are Neanderthal. ;-)

huntinman
03-14-2012, 05:47 PM

I said that he had a lot of passion and that I liked that about him. In that same thread, I also said his social views are Neanderthal. ;-)

Well one thing we do know... your boy RP is toast. He barely moved the needle in any of the primaries last night. Why is he even wasting his time? At 7 pm the only call the national media could make with certainty was that Paul had 4th place locked up. Some battle cry... "We're number four!"

Hew
03-15-2012, 12:21 AM

5 short months ago I wrote:

I guess I shouldn't give a hoot/expect anything different since you're not going to vote for any Republican for president other than Ron Paul anyway...just like the Perotistas and their foaming-at-the-mouth, all-or-nothing fanatacism that secured the election of Clinton.

And your response:

Wrong again!

I actually like Rick Santorum and Jon Huntsmans too:wink:

That was before Ron Paul and Santorum got sideways with each other recently and now Ronnie says you're not allowed to like Santorum anymore.:cry:

youngblood
03-15-2012, 07:47 PM
could RP be setting the stage for his son's (Ran) name to get out for future elections? At the Iowa elections Ran came in to give support for Ron and he seemed to be somewhat of a carbon copy of Ron... i would vote for a younger version of ron

Franco
03-15-2012, 10:57 PM
could RP be setting the stage for his son's (Ran) name to get out for future elections? At the Iowa elections Ran came in to give support for Ron and he seemed to be somewhat of a carbon copy of Ron... i would vote for a younger version of ron

Why couldn't you support the original?

Besides, Ayn Rand Paul is a given for 2016. ;-)

BonMallari
03-15-2012, 11:38 PM
Why couldn't you support the original?

Besides, Ayn Rand Paul is a given for 2016. ;-)

1. Not if Ron P. runs as a third party candidate and mucks it up for the R's

2. Not if the R's take back the White House this fall

3. Not if Marco Rubio is the VP

4. Not if Marco Rubio makes a run of his own

Rand Paul will have to figure out a way to do what his father has not done

1. get meaningful legislation passed

2. form a coalition that will back him on a national basis

3. form a broader appeal base than his father

4. be his own man, with his own fresh ideas, and incorporate some of his father's ideas, but not all of them

the young man has a LOT of upside as long as he doesnt try and be a younger version of his dad...the country made that mistake once already

youngblood
03-16-2012, 01:49 AM
Actually, Franco, I did. He was my first vote ever! I love America and glad that I could actually put in a vote towards someone I believe in. RP won our precinct. In Iowa it seemed like a large portion of his following were young businessmen (I am in college and enjoy a good cigar and political talk) and there was a strong showing. I think that one of his problems in getting middle of the road voters is his age and presence behind the podium. After all, being able to look good behind the podium is what has gotten presidents in office and something that America's uneducated voter gets swayed by. Bon, I agree with what you said about Rand. My generation could probably learn a lot from #4!

youngblood
03-16-2012, 01:53 AM
speak of the devil.... http://www.nagr.org/M1_RP_Survey1.aspx?pid=nm23

Franco
03-16-2012, 02:26 PM
My responces in red.

1. Not if Ron P. runs as a third party candidate and mucks it up for the R's
The Repubs have already mucked it up, don't blame the only real Conservative, Ron Paul, when they shoot themselves in the foot! The other three candidates consist of two big government, big spending politicians and a questionable citizen/legislature. Though he said he is not considering a 3rd party run, I personally wish he would.

2. Not if the R's take back the White House this fall
That won't happen. The Repubs appeal is very narrow.

3. Not if Marco Rubio is the VP
That won't happen either, He is not getting on a losing ticket.

4. Not if Marco Rubio makes a run of his own
Rand is more popular. Though Rubio would get some Hispanic support, Rand appeals to more voters and by 2016 Rand's dad will be consider the "prophet the party ignored". Rand carriers THAT TORCH! The light of Liberty and reasonable government!

Rand Paul will have to figure out a way to do what his father has not done

1. get meaningful legislation passed
His ideas are the same as his father's. Where do you think his core beliefs came from?

2. form a coalition that will back him on a national basis
How will get get a coalition of politicians? Rand wants to shrink the roll of the Fed Gov and make Congress accept the same Health Palns as us pee-ons.

3. form a broader appeal base than his father
Again, the apple did not fall far from the tree. The difference is that Rand doesn't have to deal with age discrimination.

4. be his own man, with his own fresh ideas, and incorporate some of his father's ideas, but not all of them
They are two peas from the same pod;-)

the young man has a LOT of upside as long as he doesnt try and be a younger version of his dad...the country made that mistake once already.
THe Pauls ain't the Bushes.