PDA

View Full Version : If you aren't scared...you should be

Ken Archer
03-19-2012, 09:47 AM
http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/executive-doomsday-order-obama-authorizes-gov-to-seize-farms-food-processing-plants-energy-resources-transportation-skilled-laborers-during-national-emergency_03182012

or

http://www.thedailycrux.com/content/10152/Obama/eml

Losthwy
03-19-2012, 10:07 AM
This a joke? If not the post is scary.

BHB
03-19-2012, 10:29 AM
This a joke? If not the post is scary.

It's no joke!! I heard about it yesterday.

BHB

Larry Thompson1
03-19-2012, 10:32 AM
I was wondering how he planned to be the ruler of the universe.

Paul "Happy" Gilmore
03-19-2012, 10:49 AM
He must be making it happen....the link won't load....

MooseGooser
03-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Search "Oath Keepers!!

Things get bad enough....... Well,, some of us wont tolerate it..

Gooser

2tall
03-19-2012, 11:23 AM
Since the link will not load, will someone please point me to another source for the subject under discussion? I have no idea what is being talked about.

BBnumber1
03-19-2012, 11:38 AM
From snopes:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/ndrp.asp

Ken Archer
03-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Since the link will not load, will someone please point me to another source for the subject under discussion? I have no idea what is being talked about.

Try this...

Ken Archer
03-19-2012, 11:42 AM
From snopes:

My bad!!!!!

KwickLabs
03-19-2012, 11:47 AM
One could often classify the Internet as "silly".

Are silly and paranoia synonyms? And while we are at it shouldn't this be on the "other forum"? ;)

2tall
03-19-2012, 11:47 AM
Try this...

Ken, that is kind of like referring to an article in the Huffington Post for an unbiased appraisal of Rush Limbaugh's work.

smillerdvm
03-19-2012, 11:50 AM
From snopes:

Don't confuse the fear mongerers with facts David

kjrice
03-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Buried in the Act is his desire to take over RTF too.

Losthwy
03-19-2012, 01:03 PM
And while we are at it shouldn't this be on the "other forum"? ;)
Yes it should

badbullgator
03-19-2012, 01:11 PM
http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/executive-doomsday-order-obama-authorizes-gov-to-seize-farms-food-processing-plants-energy-resources-transportation-skilled-laborers-during-national-emergency_03182012

or

Look at the sources. The first clue that your news source is not a good one is that they are selling dired food and doomsday prep stuff.

JS
03-19-2012, 01:40 PM

But the facts often aren't nearly as much fun as the fiction we can dream up if we're predisposed! ;-)

JS

Jay Dufour
03-19-2012, 03:38 PM
I see that Bakker nut back on the tube peddling doomsday kits ! bwahhaa

1st retriever
03-19-2012, 05:50 PM
All this Doomsday crap cracks me up and apparently I am not the only one in town. Today I seen a guy that had "Zombie Assault Tactical Unit" on his side windows. :lol:

HPL
03-19-2012, 06:44 PM
One could often classify the Internet as "silly".

Are silly and paranoia synonyms? And while we are at it shouldn't this be on the "other forum"? ;)
Actually, no. Silly is an adjective; paranoia is a noun, so not synonyms.

Oh, and by the way, great avatar photo!

Hew
03-20-2012, 05:42 AM
It always cracks me up whenever anything marginally political in nature (usually something not friendly to Obama) appears on the main board there's always someone (usually a lib) who reacts like the aliens in "Invasion of the Body Snatchers."

http://nukethefridge.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/16539.jpg

btw, wtf is a "mongerer?" It sounds bad.

road kill
03-20-2012, 07:29 AM

President Obama's New Order Goes Too Far
March 18, 2012 09:35 AM EDT

President Obama signed an interesting Executive Order on Friday that should sound the alarm for all Americans. The order, called 'National Defense Resources Preparedness' is actually an amendment to the 'Defense Production Act of 1950' and gives the office of the President total control over all of the resources in the United States in the event of a war or an emergency. What constitutes an emergency and who makes that decision? With so many citizens unhappy with the current administration, it's a question people may be asking in the coming days.

Section One of the order states the purpose of the amendment and the ability of using it in peacetime:

Section 101. Purpose. This order delegates authorities and addresses national defense resource policies and programs under the Defense Production Act of 1950, as amended (the "Act").

(b) assess on an ongoing basis the capability of the domestic industrial and technological base to satisfy requirements in peacetime and times of national emergency, specifically evaluating the availability of the most critical resource and production sources, including subcontractors and suppliers, materials, skilled labor, and professional and technical personnel;

Section Two directs how each cabinet of the Executive branch can take control over all resources if the order is executed. For example, "(4) the Secretary of Transportation with respect to all forms of civil transportation; (6) the Secretary of Commerce with respect to all other materials, services, and facilities, including construction materials."

Nothing is left out, even water is included! How will this sit with citizens? Farmers might be especially alarmed. With the recent proposal of sweeping new regulations on farms, being reminded that the government can take over any farm and equipment on an order from the president is a scary prospect. In the past when similar orders were invoked, the constitutional rights of Americans were trampled. Is there a reason President Obama found it necessary to amend this order? Is he suspecting a drawn out war or perhaps civil unrest between Occupy and the Tea Party? If so, he is certainly making sure all of his bases are covered.

Is there even a real threat to any American freedoms with this order? The order was signed by President Obama on Friday (March 16th) yet no major stories are going out. It wouldn't be unusual behavior for the mainstream media to ignore a story that puts Obama in a poor light. Maybe they're too busy reporting on the cooler story of the president hanging out on St. Patrick's Day and enjoying a beer! Whichever, the conservative crowd on Twitter is going crazy with this story. The hash tag of #ExecOrder is busy as can be with tweets about 'upcoming martial law'. Hopefully, that will remain just a fantasy in their heads!

Read the entire Executive Order here: White House

Margie Wilson-Mars 2012

The White House

Office of the Press Secretary

For Immediate Release March 16, 2012 Executive Order -- National Defense Resources Preparedness
EXECUTIVE ORDER

NATIONAL DEFENSE RESOURCES PREPAREDNESS

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the Defense Production Act of 1950, as amended (50 U.S.C. App. 2061 et seq.), and section 301 of title 3, United States Code, and as Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States, it is hereby ordered as follows:

PART I - PURPOSE, POLICY, AND IMPLEMENTATION

Section 101. Purpose. This order delegates authorities and addresses national defense resource policies and programs under the Defense Production Act of 1950, as amended (the "Act").

Sec. 102. Policy. The United States must have an industrial and technological base capable of meeting national defense requirements and capable of contributing to the technological superiority of its national defense equipment in peacetime and in times of national emergency. The domestic industrial and technological base is the foundation for national defense preparedness. The authorities provided in the Act shall be used to strengthen this base and to ensure it is capable of responding to the national defense needs of the United States.

Sec. 103. General Functions. Executive departments and agencies (agencies) responsible for plans and programs relating to national defense (as defined in section 801(j) of this order), or for resources and services needed to support such plans and programs, shall:

(a) identify requirements for the full spectrum of emergencies, including essential military and civilian demand;

(b) assess on an ongoing basis the capability of the domestic industrial and technological base to satisfy requirements in peacetime and times of national emergency, specifically evaluating the availability of the most critical resource and production sources, including subcontractors and suppliers, materials, skilled labor, and professional and technical personnel;

(c) be prepared, in the event of a potential threat to the security of the United States, to take actions necessary to ensure the availability of adequate resources and production capability, including services and critical technology, for national defense requirements;

(d) improve the efficiency and responsiveness of the domestic industrial base to support national defense requirements; and

(e) foster cooperation between the defense and commercial sectors for research and development and for acquisition of materials, services, components, and equipment to enhance industrial base efficiency and responsiveness.

Sec. 104. Implementation. (a) The National Security Council and Homeland Security Council, in conjunction with the National Economic Council, shall serve as the integrated policymaking forum for consideration and formulation of national defense resource preparedness policy and shall make recommendations to the President on the use of authorities under the Act.

(b) The Secretary of Homeland Security shall:

(1) advise the President on issues of national defense resource preparedness and on the use of the authorities and functions delegated by this order;

(2) provide for the central coordination of the plans and programs incident to authorities and functions delegated under this order, and provide guidance to agencies assigned functions under this order, developed in consultation with such agencies; and

(3) report to the President periodically concerning all program activities conducted pursuant to this order.

(c) The Defense Production Act Committee, described in section 701 of this order, shall:

(1) in a manner consistent with section 2(b) of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2062(b), advise the President through the Assistant to the President and National Security Advisor, the Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism, and the Assistant to the President for Economic Policy on the effective use of the authorities under the Act; and

(2) prepare and coordinate an annual report to the Congress pursuant to section 722(d) of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2171(d).

(d) The Secretary of Commerce, in cooperation with the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of Homeland Security, and other agencies, shall:

(1) analyze potential effects of national emergencies on actual production capability, taking into account the entire production system, including shortages of resources, and develop recommended preparedness measures to strengthen capabilities for production increases in national emergencies; and

(2) perform industry analyses to assess capabilities of the industrial base to support the national defense, and develop policy recommendations to improve the international competitiveness of specific domestic industries and their abilities to meet national defense program needs.

-----Only part 1------

Link----
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/03/16/executive-order-national-defense-resources-preparedness

Snopes this!:cool:

RK

Jason Glavich
03-20-2012, 08:56 AM
Link----
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/03/16/executive-order-national-defense-resources-preparedness

Snopes this!:cool:

RK

Snopes says everyone is paranoid and this is the way it always has been since the Act in 1950...

road kill
03-20-2012, 08:58 AM
Snopes says everyone is paranoid and this is the way it always has been since the Act in 1950...

My understanding is it began with FDR.
Truman also embellished it and so did Clinton.

But if there is nothing new, why was this newest version released late Friday?

But the earlier "snoping" inferred this was false.
It is not false, Obama did make some adjustments and released it Friday.

Many of the secular progressive blogs are up in arms as they see it as a precursor to war with Iran.

The plot thickens.

RK

Jason Glavich
03-20-2012, 09:13 AM
My understanding is it began with FDR.
Truman also embellished it and so did Clinton.

But if there is nothing new, why was this newest version released late Friday?

But the earlier "snoping" inferred this was false.
It is not false, Obama did make some adjustments and released it Friday.

Many of the secular progressive blogs are up in arms as they see it as a precursor to war with Iran.

The plot thickens.

RK

Everything snopes says is true!!!!!! Obama is not doing anything new, he is only doing what others have done and everyone is afraid of him and paranoid if he does anything. He would never do anything to hurt America...

road kill
03-20-2012, 09:14 AM
Everything snopes says is true!!!!!! Obama is not doing anything new, he is only doing what others have done and everyone is afraid of him and paranoid if he does anything. He would never do anything to hurt America...

Yeah, you're probably right.

I tried to "Snopes" Snopes once, but it wouldn't work.:rolleyes:

RK

Jason Glavich
03-20-2012, 09:16 AM
Yeah, you're probably right.

I tried to "Snopes" Snopes once, but it wouldn't work.:rolleyes:

RK

HAHA I never tried that but I should have.

road kill
03-20-2012, 09:20 AM
I also "Snopesed" "fear mongerers."

NOTHING............:cool:

RK

Jason Glavich
03-20-2012, 09:32 AM
I also "Snopesed" "fear mongerers."

NOTHING............:cool:

RK

Maybe a search of RTF POTUS Place on snopes would yield some great anwers. Might tell you who the yahoos and mongerers are.

road kill
03-20-2012, 09:40 AM
Maybe a search of RTF POTUS Place on snopes would yield some great anwers. Might tell you who the yahoos and mongerers are.

I searched the entire internet universe.

The ONLY place "fear mongerers" shows up is.....

Drum roll please!!!!!

HERE!!!!:shock:

Just sayin'........

RK

menmon
03-20-2012, 11:35 AM
It's and amendment...this was changed after 911. You might compare them and find that this amendment takes power away, given a lot of leeway was given to the President after 911. Not sure of this but it is a thought.