PDA

View Full Version : Remember Jimmy Carter????

road kill
03-20-2012, 09:59 AM
What single thing / event led to his losing his run for a second term????

It is pretty simple and is happeneing right now.:cool:

RK

Ken Bora
03-20-2012, 10:35 AM
What single thing / event led to his losing his run for a second term????RK

http://www.historyguy.com/iran_hostages.jpg
Americans held hostage in Iran for 444 days On November 4, 1979, radical Iranian students seized the United States Embassy complex in the Iranian capital of Tehran. The immediate cause of this takeover was the anger many Iranians felt over the U.S. President Jimmy Carter allowing the deposed former ruler of Iran, Shah Reza Pahlavi, to enter the U.S. for medical treatment. In Iran, this was believed to be an opening move leading up an American-backed return to power by the Shah. The crisis which followed this seizure created a near state of war, ruined Jimmy Carter's presidency, and began an environment of hostility between America and Iran which continues to this day.

Ken Bora
03-20-2012, 10:38 AM
it is ether that or the billy beer with his brother on the can
one or the other
but yup I 'member Jimmy

road kill
03-20-2012, 10:39 AM
http://www.historyguy.com/iran_hostages.jpg
Americans held hostage in Iran for 444 days On November 4, 1979, radical Iranian students seized the United States Embassy complex in the Iranian capital of Tehran. The immediate cause of this takeover was the anger many Iranians felt over the U.S. President Jimmy Carter allowing the deposed former ruler of Iran, Shah Reza Pahlavi, to enter the U.S. for medical treatment. In Iran, this was believed to be an opening move leading up an American-backed return to power by the Shah. The crisis which followed this seizure created a near state of war, ruined Jimmy Carter's presidency, and began an environment of hostility between America and Iran which continues to this day.

Sorry Ken, that was an issue, but not the game changer.
I would put that on a par with the debacle occurring in Afgahnistan.

Nope, it was something else that did him in.

Next guess?

(CLUE)
http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr167/koxiepoo/gas-pump.jpg

RK

Ken Bora
03-20-2012, 10:44 AM
who was pres is '73 when the Ford Pinto was in vouge?
I thought gas was before Carter?
Nixon and Ford has gas and Carter had terrorists
what year was the Patty Hurst thing?

road kill
03-20-2012, 10:49 AM

Energy crisisSee also: 1979 energy crisis

Carter leaving Three Mile Island for Middletown, Pennsylvania, April 1, 1979In 1973, during the Nixon Administration, the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) reduced supplies of oil available to the world market, in part because of deflation of the dollars they were receiving as a result of Nixon leaving the gold standard and in part as a reaction to America's sending of arms to Israel during the Yom Kippur War. This sparked the 1973 Oil Crisis and forced oil prices to rise sharply, spurring price inflation throughout the economy and slowing growth. The U.S government imposed price controls on gasoline and oil following the announcement, which had the effect of causing shortages and long lines at filling stations for gasoline.[18][19] The lines were quelled through the lifting of price controls on gasoline, although oil controls remained until Reagan's presidency.[19] Significant government borrowing helped keep interest rates high relative to inflation.[citation needed] Carter told Americans that the energy crisis was "a clear and present danger to our nation" and "the moral equivalent of war"[20] and drew out a plan he thought would address it.[21] Carter said that world oil supply would probably only be able to keep up with Americans' demand for six to eight more years.[20]

In 1977, Carter convinced the Democratic Congress to create the United States Department of Energy (DoE) with the goal of conserving energy. Carter set oil and natural gas price controls, had solar hot water panels installed on the roof of the White House, had a wood stove in his living quarters, ordered the General Services Administration to turn off hot water in some federal facilities, and requested that all Christmas light decorations remain dark in 1979 and 1980. Nationwide, controls were put on thermostats in government and commercial buildings to prevent people from raising temperatures in the winter (above 65 degrees Fahrenheit = 18.33 C) or lowering them in the summer (below 78 degrees Fahrenheit = 25.55 C).

As reaction to the energy crisis and growing concerns over air pollution, Carter also signed the National Energy Act (NEA) and the Public Utilities Regulatory Policy Act (PURPA). The purpose of these watershed laws was to encourage energy conservation and the development of national energy resources, including renewables such as wind and solar energy.[22]

However, during the 1979 crisis, Carter reinstated some price controls on gasoline[citation needed], which again had the effect of causing lines at gasoline stations. During his "malaise" speech he asked Congress to impose a "Windfall Profit Tax" to help pay for energy efficiency initiatives. Enacted in 1980 on domestic oil production, the tax was repealed in 1988, as prices had collapsed in the 1980s oil glut, making it politically possible to remove the tax, said removal one of President Reagan's campaign issues.

[edit] Economy: stagflation and the appointment of VolckerThe economic history of the Carter Administration can be divided in two roughly equal periods. The first two years were a time of continuing recovery from the severe 197375 recession, which had left fixed investment at its lowest level since the 1970 recession and unemployment at 9%.[23] The second two years were marked by double-digit inflation, coupled with very high interest rates,[24] oil shortages, and slow economic growth.[25] The nation's economy grew by an average of 3.4% during the Carter Administration (at par with the historical average).[26] Each of these two-year periods, however, would differ dramatically.

The U.S. economy, which had grown by 5% in 1976, continued to grow at a similar pace during 1977 and 1978.[26] Unemployment declined from 7.5% in January 1977 to 5.6% by May 1979, with over 9 million net new jobs created during that interim,[27] and real median household income grew by 5% from 1976 to 1978.[28] The recovery in business investment in evidence during 1976 strengthened as well. Fixed private investment (machinery and construction) grew by 30% from 1976 to 1979, home sales and construction grew another one third by 1978, and industrial production, motor vehicle output and sales did so by nearly 15%; with the exception of new housing starts, which remained slightly below their 1972 peak, each of these benchmarks reached record levels in 1978 or 1979.[23]

The 1979 energy crisis ended this period of growth, however, and as both inflation and interest rates rose, economic growth, job creation, and consumer confidence declined sharply.[24] The relatively loose monetary policy adopted by Federal Reserve Board Chairman G. William Miller, had already contributed to somewhat higher inflation,[29] rising from 5.8% in 1976 to 7.7% in 1978. The sudden doubling of crude oil prices by OPEC, the world's leading oil exporting cartel,[30] forced inflation to double-digit levels, averaging 11.3% in 1979 and 13.5% in 1980.[23] The sudden shortage of gasoline as the 1979 summer vacation season began exacerbated the problem, and would come to symbolize the crisis among the public in general;[24] the acute shortage, originating in the shutdown of Amerada Hess refining facilities, led to a lawsuit against the company that year by the Federal Government.[31]

Carter, like Nixon, asked Congress to impose price controls on energy, medicine, and consumer prices, but was unable to secure passage of such measures due to strong opposition from Congress.[32] One related measure approved by Congress during the presidency of Gerald Ford, the Energy Policy and Conservation Act of 1975, gave Presidents the authority to deregulate prices of domestic oil, and Carter exercised this option on July 1, 1979, as a means of encouraging both oil production and conservation.[33] Oil imports, which had reached a record 2.4 billion barrels in 1977 (50% of supply), declined by half from 1979 to 1983.[23]

Following a August 1979 cabinet shakeup in which Carter asked for the resignations of several cabinet members (see "Malaise speech" below), Carter appointed G. William Miller as Secretary of the Treasury, naming Paul Volcker as Chairman of the Federal Reserve Board.[34] Volcker pursued a tight monetary policy to bring down inflation, which he considered his mandate.[35] Volcker (and Carter) succeeded, but only by first going through an unpleasant phase during which the economy slowed and unemployment rose. Inflation did not return to low single-digit levels until 1982, during a second, more severe recession; President Reagan re-appointed Volcker to the post in 1983.[12]

Led by Volcker, the Federal Reserve raised the discount rate from 10% when Volcker assumed the chairmanship in August 1979 to 12% within two months.[36] The prime rate outstripped the Federal funds rate, reaching 20% in March 1980. Carter then enacted an austerity program by executive order, justifying these measures by observing that inflation had reached a "crisis stage"; both inflation and short-term interest rates reached 18 percent in February and March 1980.[37] Investments in fixed income (both bonds held by Wall Street and pensions paid to retired people) were becoming less valuable in real terms, and on March 14, 1980, President Carter announced the first credit control measures since World War II.[38]

The policy, as well as record interest rates, would lead to a sharp recession in the spring of 1980.[39] The sudden fall in GDP during the second quarter caused unemployment to jump from 6% to 7.5% by May, with output in the auto and housing sectors falling by over 20% and to their weakest level since the 1975 recession.[23] Carter phased out credit controls in May, and by July, the prime rate had fallen to 11%,[36] with inflation breaking the earlier trend and easing to under 13% for the remainder of 1980.[40] The V-shaped recession coincided with Carter's re-election campaign, however, and contributed to his unexpectedly severe loss.[32]

Lower interest rates and easing of credit controls sparked a recovery during the second half of 1980, and although the hard-hit auto and housing sectors would not recover substantially,[23] GDP and employment totals regained pre-recession levels by the first quarter of 1981.[26][27] The S&P 500 (which had remained at around 100 since 1976), rose to nearly 140 by the latter part of the year.[41] A resumption in growth prompted renewed tightening by the Fed, however, and the prime rate reached 21.5% in December 1980, the highest rate in U.S. history under any President.[42] The Carter Administration remained fiscally conservative during both growth and recession periods, vetoing numerous spending increases while enacting deregulation in the energy and transportation sectors and sharply reducing the top capital gains tax rate.[5] Federal budget deficits throughout his term remained at around the $ 70 billion level reached in 1976, while falling as a percent of GDP from 4% to 2.5% by the 198081 Fiscal Year.[23]

"Deja Vu all over again.";-)

RK

Ken Bora
03-20-2012, 10:58 AM
yup Carter was a chucklehead
but like I typed above, and your link proves
'73 was when the fit hit the shan.
purty good from memory and no links or google, ay?:cool:

Ken Bora
03-20-2012, 11:00 AM
and I still maintain that ol' Walter every night on the news says this is day blankity blank of the hostage crisis, every night. were the nails in the Carter coffin

road kill
03-20-2012, 11:03 AM
yup Carter was a chucklehead
but like I typed above, and your link proves
'73 was when the fit hit the shan.
purty good from memory and no links or google, ay?:cool:

The "Energy Crisis" was in 1979.
I think you didn't read the whole thing.
Part and parcel of that was Israels problems in the Middle east.

It's coming my friends.

RK

mngundog
03-20-2012, 11:04 AM
My mind must be getting the better of me, aren't the gas prices now about the same as they were in 08/09?

road kill
03-20-2012, 11:06 AM
My mind must be getting the better of me, aren't the gas prices now about the same as they were in 08/09?

Gas prices haven't gone up by you??
I can not remember paying $4.15 a gallon ever until this week.

RK

BonMallari
03-20-2012, 11:06 AM

Nixon resigned the summer of '74, because I had just graduated HS, watched the National Amateur in Sacramento,had a cool summer job, played lots of tennis, hung out at the beach, discovered college women were more fun than the giggly HS ones...

and if I remember,the things that did Carter in were high gas prices, the Iran hostage situation,boycotting the Olympics, inflation,and overall being totally unprepared to meet the problems of the nation and the world, his down home peanut farmer ways made him a mere amateur on the world stage,also remember watching Nightline with Ted Koppel almost every night of the hostage crisis...and vividly remember when they were released when Reagan was inaugurated

Ken Bora
03-20-2012, 11:07 AM
The "Energy Crisis" was in 1979.
I think you didn't read the whole thing.
RK

I did:cool:

Franco
03-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Jimmy Carter brought back, Daylight Savings Time so as to inconvenience Americans twice a year!

That's what cost him the election;-)

Marvin S
03-20-2012, 11:56 AM

RK

End of '08 - $1.83 + tax

road kill
03-20-2012, 12:03 PM
End of '08 - $1.83 + tax

Must have been a tad higher in MN?????

RK

mngundog
03-20-2012, 12:06 PM

RK

I believe I payed $3.69 two days ago, about the same as it was a number of years ago.

mngundog
03-20-2012, 12:08 PM
End of '08 - $1.83 + tax
How about the summer of '08 wasn't it twice that?

HPL
03-20-2012, 12:13 PM
How about the summer of '08 wasn't it twice that?
Wasn't that just before Bush opened up off shore drilling and then the price plummeted virtually overnight?

Franco
03-20-2012, 12:19 PM
Wasn't that just before Bush opened up off shore drilling and then the price plummeted virtually overnight?

That was in 2002.

THe lowest gas prices in the modern era was in 1998 and 1999. Average price per gallon at the pump then was lower than in 2002.

duckheads
03-20-2012, 02:50 PM
I believe I payed $3.69 two days ago, about the same as it was a number of years ago.

Just jumped from $4.15 this morning to $4.35 this afternnoon. He will soon be able to add $5.00 gas to his resume! How well is that going to work for the middle class?

Is it my imagination or did Pres. Obama himself say that energy cost will go up under my energy plan? Or something along those lines.

I know, I know it's all Cheney and Haliburton's fault!

paul young
03-20-2012, 03:08 PM
let the free market reign.....

hope you guys are holding energy stocks!-Paul

road kill
03-20-2012, 03:40 PM
let the free market reign.....

hope you guys are holding energy stocks!-Paul

NOPE, AAPL!!!!;-)

Bought at $112.85 a share.

RK

Buzz
03-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Just jumped from $4.15 this morning to $4.35 this afternnoon. He will soon be able to add $5.00 gas to his resume! How well is that going to work for the middle class?

Is it my imagination or did Pres. Obama himself say that energy cost will go up under my energy plan? Or something along those lines.

I guess that's the story you'll get from Faux News. What he did say is that under Cap & Trade, electric rates would rise. This has been translated by those who care little about honesty and integrity to "it is my policy to raise the price of gasoline."

So, I guess what Obama does here in the USA, having 2% of the world's oil supply to work with, is impacting the price that everyone around the world pays. I guess he better watch it or the whole freak's world is going to come down on him for increasing their gas prices huh?

https://motherjones.com/files/images/gas-tax_0.jpg

road kill
03-20-2012, 03:49 PM
I guess that's the story you'll get from Faux News. What he did say is that under Cap & Trade, electric rates would rise. This has been translated by those who care little about honesty and integrity to "it is my policy to raise the price of gasoline."

So, I guess what Obama does here in the USA, having 2% of the world's oil supply to work with, is impacting the price that everyone around the world pays. I guess he better watch it or the whole freak's world is going to come down on him for increasing their gas prices huh?

Evidently Buzz agrees with you!!
Mother Jones?????

Originally Posted by duckheads

Buzz, you realize that Mother Jones is further, WAY further to the left than Fox (not faux, your sides smarmy cheap shot at name calling) is to the right?

I am shocked that you use that as your source.
That is just to the left of the Onion...........and no where near as credible.:D

RK

Buzz
03-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Evidently Buzz agrees with you!!
Mother Jones?????

Buzz, you realize that Mother Jones is further, WAY further to the left than Fox (not faux, your sides smarmy cheap shot at name calling) is to the right?

I am shocked that you use that as your source.
That is just to the left of the Onion...........and no where near as credible.:D

RK

What the hell are you talking about? That data came straight from the EIA. You want a link to the original data?

Here is the spreadsheet excluding taxes:

http://www.eia.gov/emeu/international/Gas0.xls

Here is the spreadsheet including taxes, for all those who want be be shocked at how much the rest of the world actually pays to get around:

http://www.eia.gov/emeu/international/Gas1.xls

Tired of being called out because my "sources are too liberal." Screw that! Go watch Faux and believe whatever you want.

There is no such thing as a rational discussion here. See ya...

menmon
03-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Carter actually did the right things, just they were not popular.

As misprinted...the dollar was devaluing due to the printing of dollar to finance Vietnam. That is why Nixon and congress left the gold standard. Because they needed to raise taxes to finance a stupid war that was unpopular. Just like now...taxes need to be increase to pay for the two wars and the economic bailout, but tax increases are not popular and everyone turns a blind eye to the needs and blames the cost overruns on the bums on wellfare.

Inflation is caused by mismatch of dollars to good. Example: an economy with 10 gallons of gasoline and $10 makes a gallon worth $1. An economy with 10 gallons of gas oline and $50 makes a gallon worth $5. Thus inflating the price by $4 per gallon.

Now the congress (a democatic congress) and a republican president laid the ground work for inflation. To much money in the system and too few goods.

Stag Inflation, so you know what it is...is when you encourage growth by injection liquidity which works until it stops producing growth but instead inflation is stag inflation. Becker, a nobel laureate, and a proffessor at the University of Chicago earned a nobel prize for his research on Rational Expectation Theory (stag inflation). Google that. So the growth in the 70 was the result of putting liquidity in the system. The difference of then an now is the liquidity is not causing inflation, but instead we are having deflation. Once inflation spikes up, the fed will absorb the liquidity. Now his appointment of Volker was the best thing that could have happened to us, but to rein in the liquidity, Volker raised the fed funds rate thus taking money out of the system and causing deflation.

Now the next part of this equation is why Reagan became president...recession, high interest rates and deflation not the things that get you reelected. We had a growing national debt because of the long war and a deficit, so Reagan promised to balance the budget and reduce the national debt. Neither he acomplished, but instead did opposite...because if he had not have borrowed and spent money to make jobs he would not have been popular. He deregulated the airlines that bankrupted them. Instead of bearing the pain that the bank were all broke, he eased bank regulation that ultimately make the hole bigger.

So the economy blew up and it is easy to blame the pain on the person in charge because it is so easy to say I can do better. That is the strategy.

Ask yourself who is really to blame for Carter's issues? Nixon and congress

Ask yourself who is to blame of Obama's issues? Bush and Congress

Now keep in mind Obama is a much better speaker and that the economy is stregthening in real terms and jobs are being made.

So the deja vu is Nixon and Bush and Obama will get re-elected because the smart people know he has implemented good policy.

Franco
03-20-2012, 04:03 PM
Why doesn't the Obama Administration want to issue any new deep-water Drilling Permits for the gulf?

Not only would that eventually put more oil on the global marketplace but would add BILLIONS of dollars to our depleted Treasury.

Now, we all know oil will never go back to $2.50 a gallon but, I just don't undertsand the current administration's war on oil production!

Hew
03-20-2012, 04:09 PM
Tired of being called out because my "sources are too liberal." Screw that! Go watch Faux and believe whatever you want.

LMAO...that's awesome. Just today Buzz has accused all us dummies of getting our news from "Faux News" THREE TIMES and then it turns out that he's combing the likes of Mother Jones (perhaps to the left of Pravda, Daily Koz and North Korean Horse & Hound) for his "news." Do as I say, not as I do I reckon....modern liberalism in a nutshell.

menmon
03-20-2012, 04:10 PM
Why doesn't the Obama Administration want to issue any new deep-water Drilling Permits for the gulf?

Not only would that eventually put more oil on the global marketplace but would add BILLIONS of dollars to our depleted Treasury.

Now, we all know oil will never go back to $2.50 a gallon but, I just don't undertsand the current administration's war on oil production!

I had a meeting with a man that owns a supply boat fleet out of Lousiana this morning and he told me that it was back to normal. My guess is that they want the puplic to think things are not as easy as before and there is truth in that because people were mad about this mess. Hell I was too. But we all know that they can't build the rigs fast enough, so everything that can be done is being done. But lets appear as if it is hard to impossible, but let the business that needs to happen happen.

Hew
03-20-2012, 04:10 PM
Carter actually did the right things, just they were not popular.
Thanks for inserting that at the beginning to remind me why I rarely read one of your posts. ;-)

menmon
03-20-2012, 04:15 PM
Thanks for inserting that at the beginning to remind me why I rarely read one of your posts. ;-)

Maybe you should;-)

menmon
03-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Your daily argument is pain to the american people something that the republican preach but don't do....look back at what would have been different if Reagan would have kept us on the conservative track instead of going on a spending spree....that is what you are asking Obama to do...and I'm sure Romney will want to ease the pain too by spending:(

Franco
03-20-2012, 04:26 PM
I had a meeting with a man that owns a supply boat fleet out of Lousiana this morning and he told me that it was back to normal. My guess is that they want the puplic to think things are not as easy as before and there is truth in that because people were mad about this mess. Hell I was too. But we all know that they can't build the rigs fast enough, so everything that can be done is being done. But lets appear as if it is hard to impossible, but let the business that needs to happen happen.

Louisiana is busy drilling for oil, we just can't do it in deep water. I posted a thread last week from an industry watchdog that backs up the fact that only 4 deep water permits have been issued by the current administration and they were only issued after the Dept Of Energy was named a Defendent in a suit!

There are a lot of offshore rigs being built in La and Tx but, after fabrication is complete, they end up in places like Trinadad, Argentina, North Sea, Singapore...anywhere but here!

mngundog
03-20-2012, 04:27 PM

Just filled up for $3.67 couple cents less than 2 days ago, still cheaper than I use to pay in 2008. I wonder why Obama is charging an extra $.68 in Indiana? I thought it was dumb in 2008 when Democrats blamed Bush for $4 gas, the same way I think it is dumb to blame Obama for $4 gas in 2012.

caryalsobrook
03-20-2012, 04:34 PM

Geez Buzz! Do YOU ever get it right. What he did say was that if Cap and Trade were implemented as he supported, then utility bills "WOULD NECESSARILY SKYROCKET". Those were his words ofan interview he gave. As far as 2% of the oil supply, I don't think even an idiot would spend money to exlore when the gov. uses every opportunity to prevent development.

I own a farm that has lignite just below the surface. The oil companies could not wait the sign mineral leases during the Carter Admin. when gas was so scarce that there were all day lines just to get 10 gal. of gas. funny they are not interested anymore. You care to say why?

On more than one interview one of which was in Chicago, he made the sttement "When in college I chose my friends carefully. I chose militant blacks, hispanics and Marksis-Leninist professors. I really don't care about his prefference for blacks and hispanics but his preference in professors leaves a LOT to be desired. Actually, he has been fairly predictable. All you have do do is listen to what his goals are and so far he has been successful at them. It would be nice if he would only take credit for his achievements instead of the falsehoods he now spouts.

Franco
03-20-2012, 04:35 PM
If anyone thinks gas at the pump is high now, just give it a couple of years. By then, the current administrations policies on oil production will become reality and we will all be wishing for $5. a gallon gasoline!

Franco
03-20-2012, 04:47 PM

Only 2% of the world's oil supply? I guess it depends on which data one looks at. It is estimated that the USA, when including Alaska and the Gulf Of Mexico has the world's second largest oil reserves, second only to Russia.

Marvin S
03-20-2012, 05:09 PM
Obama will get re-elected because the smart people know he has implemented good policy.

& where do U fit in there?

Hew
03-20-2012, 05:16 PM
Only 2% of the world's oil supply? I guess it depends on which data one looks at. It is estimated that the USA, when including Alaska and the Gulf Of Mexico has the world's second largest oil reserves, second only to Russia.
I'm guessing the 2% refers to all the US oil that's acceptable to the tree huggers for us to drill for. ;)

Buzz
03-20-2012, 05:27 PM
I'm guessing the 2% refers to all the US oil that's acceptable to the tree huggers for us to drill for. ;)

I don't know. I have been in the energy business for a while and reference the EIA for a lot of my data. My bad, they are a part of the liberal conspiracy you know! Maybe we should drill-baby-drill and sell all the little oil we have to China?

Hew
03-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Maybe we should drill-baby-drill and sell all the little oil we have to China?
Jeez, Louise....would you Libs pick a set of Mother Jones talking points and stick with them. You can't, at the same time, both absolve Obama of gas price blame by screaming "it's a commodity, stupid" and then turn around and bitch that some North American oil is sold to China. :rolleyes:

ps...glad you're back. I knew you couldn't stay mad for long. :)

road kill
03-20-2012, 07:50 PM
What the hell are you talking about? That data came straight from the EIA. You want a link to the original data?

Here is the spreadsheet excluding taxes:

http://www.eia.gov/emeu/international/Gas0.xls

Here is the spreadsheet including taxes, for all those who want be be shocked at how much the rest of the world actually pays to get around:

http://www.eia.gov/emeu/international/Gas1.xls

So it's OK for you to make fun of Fox news (faux news) and use this jpeg (https://motherjones.com/files/images/gas-tax_0.jpg) but it is we the unwashed that drag the conversation down???

OK, I think I understand!!!:confused:

RK

menmon
03-21-2012, 10:03 AM
& where do U fit in there?

I guess I'm one of the smart ones because I will be voting for him, while you will be voting for the loser.

duckheads
03-21-2012, 10:58 AM
I guess I'm one of the smart ones because I will be voting for him, while you will be voting for the loser.

At least in your own mind!

zeus3925
03-21-2012, 05:12 PM
FYI--the ownership of petroleum futures is now 30% processors, 70% speculators--The reverse of what it was the last time gas was under $2.00.

M&K's Retrievers
03-21-2012, 05:57 PM

At least your vote for POTUS means nothing in Texas. :D

menmon
03-22-2012, 10:02 AM
At least your vote for POTUS means nothing in Texas. :D

That is a very true statement!