PDA

View Full Version : Upland Gundog Association - Parnell, IA - May 12 & 13th

Upland Gundog Association
03-21-2012, 10:29 PM
Hey all - I'd like to have you all take a look at the Upland Gundog Association (UGA). This hunt test company is a great, new organization that allows retrievers to be tested in the upland world. Yes the UKC has an upland test, but only at a finished level. The UGA has an advanced test similar to the UKC test, but also a gundog level test not as demanding, but still requires great dog work. This is an all breed hunt test format, but what a great way to show all those pointer guys, and spaniel guys that retrievers can hunt the uplands! In all seriousness the UGA is built on the concept of having a hunt test that can appeal to the single dog owner/hunter, all the way to us advanced trainers! It is also one of the only places to upland hunt test a retriever, and actually will allow pointing labs to run in the pointer division (assuming they can comply with the test regulations). The cost is very reasonable, and in just two runs, a dog can earn their title, which is great considering nowhere else can a title be earned in a single weekend. Keep those lodging and travel cost down!! Please check out the site and we would really appreciate your feedback and support. If you want to run a test, please come out! If you have a club or place that can host an event, please contact us! We want to boost the hunt test industry, as well as the sport of upland bird hunting. We have the sponsorship of Native Dog Food, Gundogs Online, Iowa Sportsman Magazine, Magnet Gun Caddy, and are working with DT Systems! Check us out! First event is at Safari Iowa in Parnell, IA on May 12 & 13! www.uplandgundog.com (www.uplandgundog.com)

03-22-2012, 07:38 PM
Steve Ries and Native Dog Food will be present! So far we have about 20 dogs! Don't miss out on a great chance to get your dogs in the field before the dreadful heat of summer!

03-26-2012, 07:38 PM
Currently at 12 dogs, very happy with our progress so far! Anyone interested in running upland tests with us please come! Let's have some fun!

iowabirddogs
03-30-2012, 02:25 PM
Looks like a great event, I'll definately be there with my shorthairs and labs. Interested in seeing how your event compares to the others I've run with AKC. Thanks for the opportunity!

Ed Steward
04-13-2012, 03:00 PM
what time is the dance?