PDA

View Full Version : The United States of the Offended GDG

Mike Perry
03-27-2012, 09:22 PM
Pretty sad what we have come to.
A name thread gets 3600 hits and 89 replies in 36 hours. I know of at least a couple with that name and never even thought of it in those terms till he posted it here.
All the news is about a kid and a neighborhood watch guy and it escalates to a march in D.C.? and all the facts are not known besides.
I bet the Founders couldn't be prouder.
Too many take too many things too serious. Like someone said, just get over it.
Non PC regards
MP

Colt Farrington
03-27-2012, 10:25 PM
Pretty sad what we have come to.
A name thread gets 3600 hits and 89 replies in 36 hours. I know of at least a couple with that name and never even thought of it in those terms till he posted it here.
All the news is about a kid and a neighborhood watch guy and it escalates to a march in D.C.? and all the facts are not known besides.
I bet the Founders couldn't be prouder.
Too many take too many things too serious. Like someone said, just get over it.
Non PC regards
MP

The name is not offensive. The killer may have been a racist. He should be tried by a jury. No PC hear either.

Dman
03-27-2012, 10:29 PM
The name is not offensive. The killer may have been a racist. He should be tried by a jury. No PC hear either.

What evidence do you have? Tried because he might be a racist?

duckkiller
03-27-2012, 10:40 PM
It's funny how the media has pushed this issue and there hasn't even been an arrest yet. With the amount of media pressure on this case if there was a shred of evidence of wrong doing Zimmerman would be in jail right now.

I think it's a terrible thing that happened. A kid is dead and another person is going to be rediculed if for the rest of his life for defending himself.

Where is the outcry for this, you don't hear squat.
Teens set kid on fire for being 'white boy'

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-03-04/news/31122324_1_white-boy-fire-tv-station

Dman
03-27-2012, 10:42 PM

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-03-04/news/31122324_1_white-boy-fire-tv-station

You won't hear it because it is not about racism. Never has been.

coachmo
03-27-2012, 10:45 PM
Yeah the Hispanic is a racist for shooting a black! Doesn't anyone realize how absurd that sounds. Which half of Zimmerman is racist the Hispanic or the White half?

Dman
03-27-2012, 10:48 PM
It's all about gun control people. Open your eyes and look who is involved.

Good one coachmo

duckkiller
03-27-2012, 11:06 PM
The link I posted was definately racism towards the 12 year old white boy. Did you follow the link and read the article?

Losthwy
03-27-2012, 11:10 PM
Potus............................

Dman
03-27-2012, 11:29 PM
The link I posted was definately racism towards the 12 year old white boy. Did you follow the link and read the article?
I agree with you.

MattC
03-27-2012, 11:30 PM
You guys are gonna need some Cliff Bars or another source of protein. It must get tiring beating this dead horse. Its a big one, so i can imagine y'all will get tired eventually.

HuntinDawg
03-27-2012, 11:37 PM
Regarding the shooting in FL, in terms of what should happen next, race has nothing to do with it or at least it shouldn't. Either the guy shot in self defense or he didn't. If he shot in self defense it doesn't matter what his racial views are, he didn't commit a crime. If he did NOT shoot in self defense (as he professes to have done) then it also doesn't matter whether race was a motive, it is a crime regardless. I haven't followed it very closely but the fact that he followed the kid after the 911 operator said don't do that doesn't sound good to me. Either it was self defense or some form of murder/manslaughter, but race doesn't have one tiny thing to do with determining whether a crime was committed or not or what the punishment should be if indeed it was a criminal act.

steve hoppas
03-28-2012, 08:55 AM
Its amazing that the media is not hyping up the the shooting at Mississippi State dorm room over the weekend. Oh wait that was three black guys shooting a white kid.

road kill
03-28-2012, 09:04 AM
Its amazing that the media is not hyping up the the shooting at Mississippi State dorm room over the weekend. Oh wait that was three black guys shooting a white kid.

None of this hype is about justice at any level.

This is about "race-baiting" to whip up some hysteria to get portions of the electorate motivated to get Obama back in office.:cool:

End of story..........

RK

menmon
03-28-2012, 10:18 AM
None of this hype is about justice at any level.

This is about "race-baiting" to whip up some hysteria to get portions of the electorate motivated to get Obama back in office.:cool:

End of story..........

RK

No this is about some man playing gunslinger and a young boy died:(

Now ask yourself this question, if one of your boys was out late at night doing something he should not have been, and some idiot with a gun that had no more life than to be out looking for a fight and shot your kid, and now is hiding behind a bad state law, wouldn't you be demanding accountability.

You are right this not about race. But if it happen to my kid I would be firing everything I had at them and if I could fire race I would fire it.

This just another example that makes republicans look non-compassionate. The world is not black and white, there are lots of grey area. I have never been a proponent of right to carry, becuase there are too many idiots in the world. When hunting on public land, you are risking your life, again because people who should not own guns have them.

When I was growing up and I miss handled a gun, my dad put the wrath of god in me. A gun was tool not a toy, but these days they are toys to most:mad:

gmhr1
03-28-2012, 10:40 AM
If your kid is out late at night tell him if he thinks he's being followed by someone to call 911 or run the 70 yards to your house (thats how far he was from his home) dont circle around and deck the guy or you may get shot I dont care if yoor carrying a hershey bar if your that stupid you may get killed. This was not a child he's 6'3 160 pounds George Z ( about 170lbs according to the latest results not his picture in 2005) was on his way home from the store sadly the area he lives in has experienced high crime so he was using his right as an American to carry his gun for exactly what he used it for self defense.

mngundog
03-28-2012, 10:49 AM
It's funny how the media has pushed this issue and there hasn't even been an arrest yet. With the amount of media pressure on this case if there was a shred of evidence of wrong doing Zimmerman would be in jail right now.

I think it's a terrible thing that happened. A kid is dead and another person is going to be rediculed if for the rest of his life for defending himself.

This isn't the way it happens with most police departments, the media doesn't decide when it is in the best interest to arrest. It is common pratice not to arrest until you have gathered enough information for a conviction. You arrest a guy immediately the guy lawyers up, much better to have the guy and everyone else running their mouth. Sometimes you have enough evidence immediately sometimes it take 5 years to get what you need, better to wait for a solid case than to rush in and have someone get away with murder.

huntinman
03-28-2012, 10:52 AM

Now ask yourself this question, if one of your boys was out late at night doing something he should not have been, and some idiot with a gun that had no more life than to be out looking for a fight and shot your kid, and now is hiding behind a bad state law, wouldn't you be demanding accountability.

You are right this not about race. But if it happen to my kid I would be firing everything I had at them and if I could fire race I would fire it.

This just another example that makes republicans look non-compassionate. The world is not black and white, there are lots of grey area. I have never been a proponent of right to carry, becuase there are too many idiots in the world. When hunting on public land, you are risking your life, again because people who should not own guns have them.

When I was growing up and I miss handled a gun, my dad put the wrath of god in me. A gun was tool not a toy, but these days they are toys to most:mad:

You just showed your liberal ignorance here Sambo. Do you have any idea how many Americans are carrying concealed weapons every day? (I am one of them) they are not "playing gunslinger" They are practicing their constitutional RIGHT as an AMERICAN. You ever hear of a little thing called the 2nd Ammendment?

If you are so afraid of all these people mishandling guns, better hole up in your basement.

paul young
03-28-2012, 10:58 AM

GIVE IT UP!

those that oppose you on this issue are pleased that a guy who provoked a dangerous situation and had the table turned on him could possibly escape justice after killing an unarmed man with a handgun. you're not going to change their minds. the guy was within his rights. the man who was killed, however, had no right to lash out when HE felt threatened.

it's cut and dried.-Paul

mngundog
03-28-2012, 10:58 AM

We went through the right to carry issue about 5 years ago and the antis were talking about how it was going to be the wild west mentality, now 5 years later not one incidence in the state. The bad thing is there is one abuse of the law in this Country in 20 years and people are going to say the law needs to be changed.

gmhr1
03-28-2012, 11:00 AM
the black panthers they have a Million dollar bounty on Zimmermans head wanted dead or alive now thats the America we live in . This guy has not been charged with anything maybe if his parents got on TV showed pictures of him as a baby and 9 years old people would have more sympathy some actually have seen his photo from 2005 and think its the picture from that night commenting I dont see any bruises or broken nose how stupid can you be!

troy schwab
03-28-2012, 11:18 AM
Oh please ..... here comes the right to carry craziness...... Do you realize that the states that have the most liberal right to carry laws, also have the lowest crime rates???? Criminals dont respect laws...... period. Sambo, God forbid this ever happens....... but if you were ever confronted with a life or death situation, would you talk your way out of it???? Would you wish you had a means of protecting yourself, equal to what your aggressor may have???? I can live peacefully knowing that I HAVE THAT MEANS.

Gunslinger regards.......

menmon
03-28-2012, 11:19 AM
You just showed your liberal ignorance here Sambo. Do you have any idea how many Americans are carrying concealed weapons every day? (I am one of them) they are not "playing gunslinger" They are practicing their constitutional RIGHT as an AMERICAN. You ever hear of a little thing called the 2nd Ammendment?

If you are so afraid of all these people mishandling guns, better hole up in your basement.

Let assume you are one of the responsible ones, how about those like the pilot that when crazy yesterday. My guess he could have obtained a right to caryy permit too.

I have one too...mainly to speed up purchase of a gun. I try to avoid trouble so I do not carry a gun. At home, I keep them locked in a safe. If an intruder came, he could have everything I have...I have insurance. If I involved a gun somebody might die, me and wife not excluded. Yes there are rare cases, but the odds of something happening to us is much less if I do not inject a gun:rolleyes:

menmon
03-28-2012, 11:22 AM
If your kid is out late at night tell him if he thinks he's being followed by someone to call 911 or run the 70 yards to your house (thats how far he was from his home) dont circle around and deck the guy or you may get shot I dont care if yoor carrying a hershey bar if your that stupid you may get killed. This was not a child he's 6'3 160 pounds George Z ( about 170lbs according to the latest results not his picture in 2005) was on his way home from the store sadly the area he lives in has experienced high crime so he was using his right as an American to carry his gun for exactly what he used it for self defense.

That is just it...they are kids and don't always use good judgement:rolleyes:

The adult should have:(

gmhr1
03-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Not us, if you break into my house you will be shot. My family member just went through a horrible situation in a neighborhood that has become overridden with crime they are young black kids kicking in front doors when people are at work if the police respond its hours later they them have said they are so busy with "real crime" they cant respond to alarms. When you have laminate bullet proof glass on every window in your house, Metal security doors, Max Security door locks deadbolts, alarm system 2 dogs and you still cant keep them out you keep 2 loaded guns in the house and when they come in you blow them away.

This martin kid asked for it when he threw the first blow if Zimmereman wanted him dead he could have just shot him than called 911 sorry listen to the 911 call it backs up everything he has said. You hit me I have a gun your dead. If Z hadnt killed him the kid would have gotten the gun and shot him thats now coming out.

huntinman
03-28-2012, 11:29 AM
Let assume you are one of the responsible ones, how about those like the pilot that when crazy yesterday. My guess he could have obtained a right to caryy permit too.

I have one too...mainly to speed up purchase of a gun. I try to avoid trouble so I do not carry a gun. At home, I keep them locked in a safe. If an intruder came, he could have everything I have...I have insurance. If I involved a gun somebody might die, me and wife not excluded. Yes there are rare cases, but the odds of something happening to us is much less if I do not inject a gun:rolleyes:

What if the intruder decided that what he wanted was your wife? or your granddaughter? Your insurance policy wouldn't do jack.

M&K's Retrievers
03-28-2012, 11:41 AM
What if the intruder decided that what he wanted was your wife? or your granddaughter? Your insurance policy wouldn't do jack.

Ah, Heck! Give them whatever they want. It won't hurt much. The memories will fade eventually. Let's not hurt some poor mistreated individual who just needed a little trim or your valuables.:rolleyes:

Cody Covey
03-28-2012, 11:53 AM
GIVE IT UP!

those that oppose you on this issue are pleased that a guy who provoked a dangerous situation and had the table turned on him could possibly escape justice after killing an unarmed man with a handgun. you're not going to change their minds. the guy was within his rights. the man who was killed, however, had no right to lash out when HE felt threatened.

it's cut and dried.-Paul

He was threatened by a guy walking back to his truck? Because that is what Zimmerman was doing. He followed the guy for a bit and then turned around and walked back to his truck. As he was about to get in to his truck the "kid" threw him to the ground and proceeded to start wailing on him causing Zimmerman to be heard screaming for help over and over. Where was this kid EVER the victim and where did he feel threatened....when I feel threatened I certainly don't turn around and go after the thing I was threatened by.

menmon
03-28-2012, 11:57 AM

There is that risk. I'm fifty years old and have not been any situations that required shooting someone. Arming my wife would probablly get her killed in that situation, too. I'm not afraid of these things...and if it should happen it is God's will.

menmon
03-28-2012, 12:01 PM
Not us, if you break into my house you will be shot. My family member just went through a horrible situation in a neighborhood that has become overridden with crime they are young black kids kicking in front doors when people are at work if the police respond its hours later they them have said they are so busy with "real crime" they cant respond to alarms. When you have laminate bullet proof glass on every window in your house, Metal security doors, Max Security door locks deadbolts, alarm system 2 dogs and you still cant keep them out you keep 2 loaded guns in the house and when they come in you blow them away.

This martin kid asked for it when he threw the first blow if Zimmereman wanted him dead he could have just shot him than called 911 sorry listen to the 911 call it backs up everything he has said. You hit me I have a gun your dead. If Z hadnt killed him the kid would have gotten the gun and shot him thats now coming out.

I have not said that the kid acted responisble ethier. Someone needed to be the adult.

troy schwab
03-28-2012, 12:03 PM
There is that risk. I'm fifty years old and have not been any situations that required shooting someone. Arming my wife would probablly get her killed in that situation, too. I'm not afraid of these things...and if it should happen it is God's will.

HOLY SHIT!!!!! REALLY?????? While I appreciate you trust in God, I think you are out of your damn mind......... JMO...... Werent you the one who said there are a bunch of crazies running around out there, with guns??? Interesting perspective, I guess........

menmon
03-28-2012, 12:10 PM
HOLY SHIT!!!!! REALLY?????? While I appreciate you trust in God, I think you are out of your damn mind......... JMO...... Werent you the one who said there are a bunch of crazies running around out there, with guns??? Interesting perspective, I guess........

I thought you conservatives put your trust in God?

huntinman
03-28-2012, 12:15 PM

Sometimes he's busy...

gmhr1
03-28-2012, 12:18 PM
People need to stop being Stupid like Spike Lee and tweeting an address saying its George Zimmermans when it wasnt and now an elderly couple have had to leave their home... I wouldnt want to have an angry mob outside my front door with a Million dollar bounty dead or alive I think we should all demand that Spike lee be arrested for endangering someones life... .. than he talks all day about going to a march be sure we all wear are hoodies but instead he goes to a Nicks game and doesnt even wear a hoodie.

troy schwab
03-28-2012, 12:18 PM

I do..... ultimately...... but if I can change the course of the outcome before that ULTIMATE moment arrives, I will. If I die drawing my gun on someone who is about to take my life, then so be it....... But I aint goin down without a fight........ AMEN!!!

Marvin S
03-28-2012, 12:36 PM

Other than their approach to religion - there is very little difference b/t a social conservative & a progressive such as you.

Those of us who are fiscal conservatives are not led around by what someone at the local church is peddling on that day :o.

gmhr1
03-28-2012, 12:43 PM
I'm a conservative Christian I put my trust in God but I'm not going to stand in front of a moving bus God expects us to do our part If someone breaks in to my house I'm not going to ask him what his intentions are first and if someone hits me breaks my nose bashes my head on the ground I"m not going to say oh well its Gods will, especially if I have a gun in a holster & a permit to carry it.

Brian Cockfield
03-28-2012, 12:51 PM
GIVE IT UP!

it's cut and dried.-Paul
Wow Paul, you have it all figured out.

road kill
03-28-2012, 01:19 PM

I do put ultimate trust in God.

In case he isn't available, I have a lot of trust in Smith and Wesson as well!!:cool:

RK

paul young
03-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Wow Paul, you have it all figured out.

it was easy.

the arguments put forth here were quite compelling. and, i might add, completely fact based.
-Paul

paul young
03-28-2012, 02:09 PM
People need to stop being Stupid like Spike Lee and tweeting an address saying its George Zimmermans when it wasnt and now an elderly couple have had to leave their home... I wouldnt want to have an angry mob outside my front door with a Million dollar bounty dead or alive I think we should all demand that Spike lee be arrested for endangering someones life... .. than he talks all day about going to a march be sure we all wear are hoodies but instead he goes to a Nicks game and doesnt even wear a hoodie.

really? arrest him? but not the guy who shot an unarmed man? interesting......-Paul

charly_t
03-28-2012, 02:10 PM
GIVE IT UP!

it's cut and dried.-Paul

Didn't I read somewhere that Z just had the gun tucked into his waistband ?
My guess is that T was not well aquainted with this neighborhood. It was dark and it was raining. I can remember getting lost when I was a kid and out in this kind of weather etc. hunting. I did not get back to an area that I knew while it was still light enough to see. After reading what Z has told about what happened I would like to know what was said between them just before T threw his first punch. T was supposed to have hit Z in the face with that first punch and that says to me that they were facing each other at that time. That's what Z was was supposed to have said did happen.

menmon
03-28-2012, 02:32 PM
So you are saying pray moves mountains but don't forget to bring some shovels;-)

My point is that in more cases, putting a gun in the equation complicates it, thus making it more dangerous. I agree there are places ones should not be without a gun. I avoid those places, and if I found myself in one I would get out of it as fast as I can.

Yes there are crazies in the world that are unpredictable, such as the pilot yesterday. Think for a minute what would have happened if a gun was in that equation. It would not have been good. So again my point is that I think carring a gun makes life risker, not less risky.

Had that man not had a gun he would have been less bold and would have just called 911 and got out of there, but because he was carring one, someone died.

paul young
03-28-2012, 02:49 PM
where'd it go?-Paul

gmhr1
03-28-2012, 02:52 PM
No they said on the news today the gun was in a holster .( But who knows with the news they say and let people say anything) His girlfriend said Trayvon confronted Z and said do you have a problem with me ? Z said No, Kid said well you do now and hit him. If you think you are being followed and call 911 they won't say go confront the person. Trayvon was 70 yards away from his home

coachmo
03-28-2012, 02:56 PM
Sambo,
There will always be a what if...in every situation but I remember a while back I made a post about being a bible reading gun toting etc. and you were quick to point out that I was describing you as well. So which part of that description really gives a clear representation of you. Your remarks about God and guns just don't jive! As for conservatives putting trust in God I can only speak for myself and say "with out a doubt"; however, God fortunately gave me sense enough to protect myself and my family by any means necessary!!!

troy schwab
03-28-2012, 03:19 PM
I think Sam Kinison said it best (to put faith in God and reality into perspective) ........ Sam is dicsussing the Pope's world tour........ "We know God protects the Holy father........ BUT...... JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST IN CASE....... we are gonna enclose him in a bulletproof glass buggy......... "

Mike Tome
03-28-2012, 04:41 PM
All of this speculation from everyone who wasn't there sure has me convinced about what happened!!:confused:

troy schwab
03-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Glad to clear it up for ya Mike! :D

gmhr1
03-28-2012, 05:02 PM
Guess thats why they haven't brought any charges its a mess its hard to get to he other side of the story.

menmon
03-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Sambo,
There will always be a what if...in every situation but I remember a while back I made a post about being a bible reading gun toting etc. and you were quick to point out that I was describing you as well. So which part of that description really gives a clear representation of you. Your remarks about God and guns just don't jive! As for conservatives putting trust in God I can only speak for myself and say "with out a doubt"; however, God fortunately gave me sense enough to protect myself and my family by any means necessary!!!

I think my last post did a pretty good job making my point.

I trust my God. I also know I have responsibility as you said you have.

And I'm not from shooting someone that is threatening me or my family either.

However, I feel safe, but yes there is that chance of someone robbing and shooting me. I can also be struck by lightning, run over by a car, have an accident and die. All of which have probability of killing me. Therefore, I don't think the risk are such that I need to carry a firearm to protect myself. I'm a pretty rational person, so I don't provoke conflict. Others are not and having a gun on you makes it too easy to use it as an option. So again, my faith in god is that he takes me when it is my time. My faith also tells me it is a better place, so if I have to leave before I want to, I'm trading up.

huntinman
03-28-2012, 05:33 PM
I think my last post did a pretty good job making my point.

I trust my God. I also know I have responsibility as you said you have.

And I'm not from shooting someone that is threatening me or my family either.

However, I feel safe, but yes there is that chance of someone robbing and shooting me. I can also be struck by lightning, run over by a car, have an accident and die. All of which have probability of killing me. Therefore, I don't think the risk are such that I need to carry a firearm to protect myself. I'm a pretty rational person, so I don't provoke conflict. Others are not and having a gun on you makes it too easy to use it as an option. So again, my faith in god is that he takes me when it is my time. My faith also tells me it is a better place, so if I have to leave before I want to, I'm trading up.

Did you have kids? gene pool regards

menmon
03-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Did you have kids? gene pool regards

Yes he is dumbass...I have fine dogs though:D

gmhr1
03-28-2012, 05:41 PM
Stay safe, my daughter bought her home in 05 in a safe neighborhood but the economy being what it is these kids learned its easy to rob when everyone is at work and they take as many flat screens as they can. In one of the homes on her street they opened the garage backed in a truck and took 5 TV's out of the house. Her other neighbor lost 22K in electronics of course they also took all his Nike tennis shoes. When you are exposed to this it really opens your eyes. Its a different time! You better be prepared because at least in her neighborhood the police arent coming anytime soon.

HuntinDawg
03-28-2012, 05:48 PM
Stay safe, my daughter bought her home in 05 in a safe neighborhood but the economy being what it is these kids learned its easy to rob when everyone is at work and they take as many flat screens as they can. In one of the homes on her street they opened the garage backed in a truck and took 5 TV's out of the house. Her other neighbor lost 22K in electronics of course they also took all his Nike tennis shoes. When you are exposed to this it really opens your eyes. Its a different time! You better be prepared because at least in her neighborhood the police arent coming anytime soon.

The police are simply not capable of protecting us. That isn't a knock on law enforcement, they simply cannot get there quickly enough except in rare, fortuitous situations when there happens to be a unit VERY CLOSE when the 911 call comes in and even then they might not be able to prevent the worst. Therefore we must protect ourselves if necessary. The only way to do that is to be prepared even though we hope it is NEVER necessary.

charly_t
03-28-2012, 06:26 PM
The police are simply not capable of protecting us. That isn't a knock on law enforcement, they simply cannot get there quickly enough except in rare, fortuitous situations when there happens to be a unit VERY CLOSE when the 911 call comes in and even then they might not be able to prevent the worst. Therefore we must protect ourselves if necessary. The only way to do that is to be prepared even though we hope it is NEVER necessary.

A cousin sent the joke to me ( that is going around now ) about a bullet being faster the average LEO responce for us now. I forgot the average
responce time from LEOs but of course the bullet was much faster ....:-)

dback
03-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Believe the saying goes......."When seconds count, the police are just minutes away."

gmhr1
03-28-2012, 07:21 PM
I dont hold this against the police they are understaffed and their budget has been cut to the bone its true they cant worry about alarms going off when they have people laying dead in the streets. Thats why she had 2 loaded guns in the house and mace on her keychain she had to protect herself.

Paula Richard
03-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Many years ago, I was on the Grand Jury and the first thing
we were told is not to believe anything that we have seen
or heard from the media; that things are never as they seem.
This is a sad situation on many levels.

I will not rush to judgement!!

gmhr1
03-28-2012, 07:50 PM
The news has been wrong on so many of the facts on this case they just let people say the most outrages things and dont even make the correction . Once the investigation is complete I think we will know what happened I just hope they dont wait to long.

Gerry Clinchy
03-28-2012, 09:45 PM
In all this talk about the kid in FL, nobody has noticed that a black man in Chicago, an 80-yr-old veteran, had someone break into his home in the middle of the night. He used his gun to shoot the man in the leg as the intruder was looking for something to steal. Obviously, the shooter was not trying to kill the intruder, just disable him. The intruder was taken to a hospital; the victim was arrested and taken to jail! It didn't mention the race of the intruder, but indicated that the home was in a high-crime neighborhood.

The elder gentleman is considered a pillar of his community, and the community is rallying to have him released, defending his action toward the intruder.

There was some mention of the elder man having had two minor gun violations ... the last one something like 25 years ago; and the intruder had had 44 (!!!) previous arrests much more recently.

charly_t
03-28-2012, 10:28 PM
In all this talk about the kid in FL, nobody has noticed that a black man in Chicago, an 80-yr-old veteran, had someone break into his home in the middle of the night. He used his gun to shoot the man in the leg as the intruder was looking for something to steal. Obviously, the shooter was not trying to kill the intruder, just disable him. The intruder was taken to a hospital; the victim was arrested and taken to jail! It didn't mention the race of the intruder, but indicated that the home was in a high-crime neighborhood.

The elder gentleman is considered a pillar of his community, and the community is rallying to have him released, defending his action toward the intruder.

There was some mention of the elder man having had two minor gun violations ... the last one something like 25 years ago; and the intruder had had 44 (!!!) previous arrests much more recently.

Very sad that the man could not defend himself and his home. I have told this true story more than once here but it needs repeating. A registered nurse was home during the day when she normally would heve been at work. A young man broke into her home and raped her. She managed to get her gun and she shot and killed him. The young man's mother sued her. That case should never have been allowed in court.

Colt Farrington
03-28-2012, 11:02 PM
What evidence do you have? Tried because he might be a racist?

Tried because he used deadly force on an unarmed minor. There is plenty of circumstantial evidence on both sides. The police have completely botched the investigation. Now they are reporting that the lead investigator didn't believe Zimmerman's story and wanted to arrest him that night but was over ruled by the states attorney who said let him go. Its a mess and the only way true justice happens is if the case goes to court. Just my opinion.

JDogger
03-28-2012, 11:06 PM
Very sad that the man could not defend himself and his home. I have told this true story more than once here but it needs repeating. A registered nurse was home during the day when she normally would heve been at work. A young man broke into her home and raped her. She managed to get her gun and she shot and killed him. The young man's mother sued her. That case should never have been allowed in court.

Yes! lets do away with those pesky courts, and judges, prosecuting attorneys, defense attorneys, rules of procedure, rules of law, rules of evidence, and just try 'em on the internet. I mean we all just Know, who's right and who's wrong, don't we?

Regards from the bears,

JD

coachmo
03-28-2012, 11:12 PM
So once we get past all of your usual sarcasm are we to believe that you are against an individual's right to defend themselves.

JDogger
03-28-2012, 11:17 PM
So once we get past all of your usual sarcasm are we to believe that you are against an individual's right to defend themselves.

No... Where did you read that?

Now take your time. Research my every post ALA Hew. I'm sure you can find a previous post or two of mine were I have contradicted myself.

JD

coachmo
03-28-2012, 11:20 PM
I must either be reading something into or missing something in your above post but I dont think so. If so I stand corrected.

charly_t
03-28-2012, 11:25 PM
Yes! lets do away with those pesky courts, and judges, prosecuting attorneys, defense attorneys, rules of procedure, rules of law, rules of evidence, and just try 'em on the internet. I mean we all just Know, who's right and who's wrong, don't we?

Regards from the bears,

JD

You got a burr under your saddle ? The lady gets raped and then she has to hire a lawyer to defend herself against this pervert's Mother.

JDogger
03-28-2012, 11:27 PM
I must either be reading something into or missing something in your above post. If so I stand corrected.

Relax...It's all good. It's just PP at night.

coachmo
03-28-2012, 11:37 PM
No need to worry I'm relaxed.

charly_t
03-28-2012, 11:41 PM
No need to worry I'm relaxed.

Evidently JD is also. ;-)

HPL
03-29-2012, 12:14 AM
It is kind of sad to be able to say this, but I personally know two women who successfully defended themselves with firearms against intruders in their own homes. Both women were what would be referred to as decent, upstanding women in the community. One was the executive secretary of the president of a large corporation, and the other was the wife of a manager of a division of a large ranch. The woman who was the executive secretary was single and lived alone. A man came in one evening, chased her up stairs and threw a towel over her head and grabbed her. His bad luck, she had a double barreled derringer and after pressing it against his abdomen, she let fly. Unfortunately didn't kill him, but absolutely cooled his ardor and sent him out of the house post haste. The second woman was at home alone during the middle of the day with her infant child when a fellow apparently hopped up on drugs confronted her. She had a shotgun, and when he broke through the front door, she blew him back off the porch. The photo in the picture taken from the vantage point of the front door showed his lifeless legs jutting up over the hedge that bordered the porch. saved the taxpayer a considerable amount in prisoner maintenance and upkeep. Texas has a "Castle" law which is probably very similar to Florida's stand your ground statute.

Blackstone
03-29-2012, 12:39 AM
I just watched the ABC video of Zimmerman being taken in for questioning by the Sanford, Fla. Police after the shooting (the video has been confirmed as authentic by the Sanford Police). It raises questions about his story. Of course it is not a close up, but from what I could see, there are no visible cuts or bruises on his face. His nose is definitely not broken as his lawyer had contended. There is no visible gash to the back of his head, and there is no blood visible on his clothes. According to police, he received medical attention prior to being taken to the station, but there wasn't even a laceration severe enough to warrant even a band aid. That hardly suggests he was taking a beating at the hands of Travon Martin.

Also, the funeral director that handled Travon's body said there were no cuts or bruises on Travon's hands that would suggest he had been in a violent fight. Of course that is a determination a coroner should make, but it doesn't seem the police bothered to have that done.

Also, Travon's girl friend, who was on the phone with him just before he was shot, said police never bothered to interview her even though they knew she was on the phone. But, when she was interviewed by ABC, her account of what she heard does not seem to corroborate Zimmerman's account of what happened either.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/california-woman-rescued-cliff-16012549?tab=9482931&section=1206839&playlist=9660543

dback
03-29-2012, 08:43 AM
I just watched the ABC video of Zimmerman being taken in for questioning by the Sanford, Fla. Police after the shooting (the video has been confirmed as authentic by the Sanford Police). It raises questions about his story. Of course it is not a close up, but from what I could see, there are no visible cuts or bruises on his face. His nose is definitely not broken as his lawyer had contended. There is no visible gash to the back of his head, and there is no blood visible on his clothes. According to police, he received medical attention prior to being taken to the station, but there wasn't even a laceration severe enough to warrant even a band aid. That hardly suggests he was taking a beating at the hands of Travon Martin.

Also, the funeral director that handled Travon's body said there were no cuts or bruises on Travon's hands that would suggest he had been in a violent fight. Of course that is a determination a coroner should make, but it doesn't seem the police bothered to have that done.

Also, Travon's girl friend, who was on the phone with him just before he was shot, said police never bothered to interview her even though they knew she was on the phone. But, when she was interviewed by ABC, her account of what she heard does not seem to corroborate Zimmerman's account of what happened either.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/california-woman-rescued-cliff-16012549?tab=9482931&section=1206839&playlist=9660543

I'm so happy I've stayed out of this one until we have more to go on........
interesting observation Blackstone. Have to ask my boys what treatment would have been administered here......one is PD, one is paramedic.

Edit: I do notice at about the half way point.......one officer looking closely at the back of Z's head as if looking at cuts???

gmhr1
03-29-2012, 10:23 AM
I did see at one point something on the back of his head. Jose Baez said he was treated by paramedics and would have been cleaned up he also said that under the law Z doesnt have to have blood all over him or running down his face. Like we all wanted to see. My neighbor had a broken nose he looked fine an hour later he came home from the DR with it bandaged up thats the only way you knew. I dont think Trayvon would have cuts to his hands he hit him in the nose, (maybe he used the skittles bag those things are pretty tough I bit one broke a tooth right in half) Z went down and T banged his head against the ground it didnt last that long according to the time line. NOW they finally admitted on Nancy Grace that his Z's clothes were taken that night and bagged something Nancy skimmed right over since she has been saying they didnt.