PDA

View Full Version : Marco Rubio for VP

Nate_C
03-28-2012, 10:38 PM
I think it is kind of a done deal that Mitt is going to get the nod. If he wants to win I think Rubio is the key. he just endorsed him. I think he delivers Florida a big key, and would help in other states with heavy latino populations like Arizona. He would also help with the Tea party too.

JDogger
03-28-2012, 11:04 PM
I think it is kind of a done deal that Mitt is going to get the nod. If he wants to win I think Rubio is the key. he just endorsed him. I think he delivers Florida a big key, and would help in other states with heavy latino populations like Arizona. He would also help with the Tea party too.

Are you advocating the Repub's play the race card then?

JD

Blackstone
03-28-2012, 11:53 PM
Are you advocating the Repub's play the race card then?

JD

Why not? They played the gender card in 2008.

M&K's Retrievers
03-29-2012, 12:17 AM
Why not? They played the gender card in 2008.

If that's the case, then the Dems decided the race card was better than the gender card in '08.

Welcome back, Blackstone, but you could have done better than this. ;)

coachmo
03-29-2012, 07:44 AM
What cards do the liberals not play? They seem to have all of the bases covered; race, sex, class envy. You left-wing guys really make me laugh.

huntinman
03-29-2012, 08:19 AM
What cards do the liberals not play? They seem to have all of the bases covered; race, sex, class envy. You left-wing guys really make me laugh.

you forgot Hope and Change

Blackstone
03-30-2012, 12:36 AM
If that's the case, then the Dems decided the race card was better than the gender card in '08.

Welcome back, Blackstone, but you could have done better than this. ;)

Whatever reason you think the Dems. ran Obama in 2008, it doesn't change the fact that the Repub. ran Palin to try to get the female voter that would have voted for Hillary. Obvisouly, the Dems. made a better choice because Obama won. ;-)

cpj
03-30-2012, 06:23 AM
If Marco's name had a white european sound to it none of us would have ever heard of him. What is so special about him?

M&K's Retrievers
03-30-2012, 08:09 AM
Whatever reason you think the Dems. ran Obama in 2008, it doesn't change the fact that the Repub. ran Palin to try to get the female voter that would have voted for Hillary. Obvisouly, the Dems. made a better choice because Obama won. ;-)

It would seem that both parties made a horrible mistake. One was a loss for a party. The other was a loss for the country. The Dems traded having the first woman POTUS for 8 years for the first black POTUS for 4 years.

I suspect his gaff with the Russians last week was the final straw.

Stick a fork in him regards,

huntinman
03-30-2012, 10:49 AM
If Marco's name had a white european sound to it none of us would have ever heard of him. What is so special about him?

That's hilarious... You think If Obama's name had been Beasley and he had red hair and those same big ears ANYONE would have taken him seriously? Right.

It's all about which group of voter's you can bring to the table...

BonMallari
03-30-2012, 12:37 PM

Seriously ? he is a second generation American born success story...born in the US from Cuban immigrants, well educated and a US Senator...lots of upside

My sleeper pick for VP is still Nikki Haley, Governor from South Carolina, a Tea Party favorite, conservative-female-R state-attractive-minority= winning ticket

Blackstone
03-30-2012, 12:40 PM
It would seem that both parties made a horrible mistake. One was a loss for a party. The other was a loss for the country. The Dems traded having the first woman POTUS for 8 years for the first black POTUS for 4 years.

I suspect his gaff with the Russians last week was the final straw.

Stick a fork in him regards,

I wouldn't be so confident yet. It's still a long way to Nov., and the Repubs still don't have a candidate people are excited about.

luvmylabs23139
03-30-2012, 01:02 PM
Seriously ? he is a second generation American born success story...born in the US from Cuban immigrants, well educated and a US Senator...lots of upside

My sleeper pick for VP is still Nikki Haley, Governor from South Carolina, a Tea Party favorite, conservative-female-R state-attractive-minority= winning ticket

Dem's are already going after Haley spreading rumors about a pending inditement by the Justice dept. The smear campaigns have already begun.

BonMallari
03-30-2012, 01:32 PM
Dem's are already going after Haley spreading rumors about a pending inditement by the Justice dept. The smear campaigns have already begun.

you mean this crap

The Republican governor said Thursday she is not connected to the 2011 tax audit of the Sikh worship center where her parents sit on the board, Columbia’s The State reported.

“It is flat out not true,” Haley told The State. “I have never kept their books. I’ve never made deposits. I never signed checks. I never did financial statements. This is a church that I don’t go to. There are no issues related to me and that church.”

And late last night, Haley also took to Facebook to challenge the report, writing “Sorry fellas. I’m not going anywhere no matter how many lies you put on a blog. The days of dirty blogger politics will come to an end when people stop paying these guys to spread trash.”

The IRS sent the Sikh Religious Society of South Carolina a letter on March 31, 2011 saying it would audit the temple, where Haley’s father is president and mother is a member of the board, The State reported. The IRS told the paper it could not comment on the matter.

Haley, who converted to Christianity in 1997, is coming out with a new memoir, “Can’t is Not an Option,” on April 3.

The website Palmetto Public Record reported Thursday that “two well-placed legal experts” said the Dept. of Justice would soon issue an indictment against Haley for tax fraud.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0312/74677.html#ixzz1qctBclWk

cpj
03-30-2012, 01:54 PM
He's a neocon with Cuban heritage. Big deal!! Is he doing anything new or refreshing on the "right side"?

BonMallari
03-30-2012, 02:00 PM
He's a neocon with Cuban heritage. Big deal!! Is he doing anything new or refreshing on the "right side"?

already labeled him a neocon:rolleyes:...just because your guy Ron Paul got no real traction....personally I think he needs a few years of seasoning in the Senate, but if it makes for a strong ticket I am all for it...its all about taking back the White House, taking back the Senate would be a HUGE bonus too

cpj
03-31-2012, 05:47 PM
It's clear that the message of liberty is resonating via RP. He drew a crowd of over 5,000 in Wisconsin a few days ago. The other candidates have a hard time drawing a few hundred. It's hard to gain traction when the MSM blacks his campaign out.

Franco
04-02-2012, 10:28 AM
First, Rubio is popular with American - Cubans and not so much with Mexicans. One just can't clump all Hispanics as thinking alike! Cubans generally look down on Mexicans and there is much annamosity between the two.

"In all probability, he would have minimal impact. True, 24% of Latinos in a Fox Latino poll have said (http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2012/03/08/fox-news-latino-poll-latino-voters-full-results/) Rubio as the vice-presidential nominee would make them more likely to vote Republican, but 14% say it makes them less likely to do so. That's only a 10-point gain, and my guess is that a good chunk of that 24% "more likely to vote Republican" are probably voting for the Romney in any case. A January Latino-Decisions poll found the Rubio gain (http://prospect.org/article/will-marco-rubio-win-latino-votes-probably-not) to only be 6 percentage points. "

I agree with cpj, who is Marco Rubio and what has he accomplished or are accomplishments no longer needed in today's political world?

Besides, he may not be eligible as his father was still a Cuban and not an American naturalized citizens when Marco was born. But then again, eligibility may no longer be an issue, see Obama.

BonMallari
04-02-2012, 01:18 PM
First, Rubio is popular with American - Cubans and not so much with Mexicans. One just can't clump all Hispanics as thinking alike! Cubans generally look down on Mexicans and there is much annamosity between the two.

Besides, he may not be eligible as his father was still a Cuban and not an American naturalized citizens when Marco was born. But then again, eligibility may no longer be an issue, see Obama.

Marco Rubio was born in Miami Florida, well documented, doesnt matter the status of his father/mother

Agree with your first statement...dont ever call an El Salvadoran a Hispanic....just like people who lump Koreans,Japanese, Vietnamese,Chinese, Filipino, as Asians...they are but there are some DEEP hostilities among them

road kill
04-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Marco Rubio was born in Miami Florida, well documented, doesnt matter the status of his father/mother

Jus Soli.......

RK